AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 15:46   Link #161
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Now it's three. Things are getting interested with the peeps. Now where's Firefly so's he can motivate me?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 18:45   Link #162
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Now where's Firefly so's he can motivate me?
Among other things, got a bit distracted playing through Red Faction: Guerrilla (the arc welder in that game is another reason tanks need infantry support - while it has a relatively short range, sustained fire will electrocute the vehicle's crew, allowing you to hop in and drive off). I take it you've managed to form some possible means of making such an evolution work, yes?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 23:42   Link #163
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Possible. Got this idea forming, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

I'll probably share it with you guys in a while or so.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-06-12, 18:24   Link #164
Runty

Took me awhile due to being sick, but I've finished Chapter 4 of Lone Wulf.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5060248/...cles_Lone_Wulf

Enjoy and please leave reviews.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 19:41   Link #165
cloner4000

Artilleryimbecile when you update your fanfiction, you got the wrong chapter. Chapter 10 is the same as chapter 9..
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 09:46   Link #166
Artilleryimbecile

Oops. I got it now.

Sorry for a lack of updates, I've been scrambling for a music recital. That's over now, let the words flow once more!

I'm considering putting Celes in as the masked soldier who gets humorously clubbed with a fencepost by Welkin at the beginning of Chapter 2. The voice acting and lines seemed completely blown out of proportion and cheesy, and so that got me thinking, since Celes is actually a Darcsen sympathizer (it's hard to not be one when it runs in your veins), the reason it sounds so retarded is that he's pulling at all the classic (and facepalmingly cliche) lines.

Also, it helps that they did NOT just open fire and kill them both. Elsewhere, you got to see them blow up a truck and shoot a bunch of fleeing civilians without provocation, so the fact that there is a standoff implies their mercy. They just can't be all friendly and chummy because, well, Gallians ARE the enemy, after all.

Finally, the main reason why this works is that neither of them seem to have died. It didn't look like the clubbed guy was killed, and the unmasked soldier was shot in the RIGHT SHOULDER before collapsing. It seems perfectly viable for Celes to drag him away, both of them drunk on injury but alive.
Artilleryimbecile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 22:34   Link #167
Runty

Turns out my chapter got nice reviews, but people are saying I didn't do so well in the combat scenes.

EDIT: Since no one is saying anything about a rewrite being "faux pas", I guess I'll upload a revised Chapter 4 when I release Chapter 5. That could take a bit, though.

It'll be the same thing, just with more details to the combat scenes. That seemed to be what people said was lacking.

Last edited by Runty; 2009-06-16 at 13:02. Reason: Decided to revise chapter
Old 2009-06-17, 19:19   Link #168
Artilleryimbecile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
EDIT: Since no one is saying anything about a rewrite being "faux pas", I guess I'll upload a revised Chapter 4 when I release Chapter 5. That could take a bit, though.
Edits are never unwelcome, and by extension neither are rewrites. Just so long as you don't make the thing WORSE (which is, by the way, exceptionally difficult) we await the result with bated breath. Okay, maybe not really, but we'd like it very much.
Artilleryimbecile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 23:21   Link #169
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

How about...

Spoiler for Fanfic idea based from VC manga, Volume 2.:

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2009-07-03 at 13:24.
Old 2009-06-18, 00:44   Link #170
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The lady wearing a surgical mask, surrounded by goons: Your Mileage Would REALLY Vary.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 17:30   Link #171
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.fanfiction.net/game/Valky...1/0/0/0/0/0/1/

Looks like 40 stories are up, along with one written in French. XP

Old 2009-06-18, 20:42   Link #172
The Lord of Hats

Hello, all. Congratulations on being the thread that convinced me to stop lurking and actually sign up.

I'm the author of one of the stories (The Journal of Cezary Regard), and seeing the quality input you've been giving to each other, I was wondering what you think I could do to improve.
The Lord of Hats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 16:20   Link #173
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
http://www.fanfiction.net/game/Valky...1/0/0/0/0/0/1/

Looks like 40 stories are up, along with one written in French. XP
So how about you add one mroe with that WelkinxSelvaria one you were talking about >___>

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of Hats View Post
Hello, all. Congratulations on being the thread that convinced me to stop lurking and actually sign up.

I'm the author of one of the stories (The Journal of Cezary Regard), and seeing the quality input you've been giving to each other, I was wondering what you think I could do to improve.
Oh, I've actually read that one I find it to be really good, though I guess I should actually getting around to reviewing the story <__<
Old 2009-06-19, 18:32   Link #174
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

He he...

LOL! Sorry, I've been a bit busy. Couple of things included my citizenship oath taking in Vancouver and having a partial seizure attack that I didn't know of.

Old 2009-06-19, 22:03   Link #175
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
He he...

LOL! Sorry, I've been a bit busy. Couple of things included my citizenship oath taking in Vancouver and having a partial seizure attack that I didn't know of.
oh...well i feel like a jerk now =/
Old 2009-06-29, 00:22   Link #176
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

No worries. I'm fine right now.

Will try to tackle this when I can. (Unless there's more demand for it. )

Old 2009-06-29, 10:17   Link #177
Runty

I'm still working on Chapter 5. The interactions between characters are really time-consuming. But in the meantime, how about a unique idea for writers?
Spoiler for Skits!:
If we're gonna try this one, we'll probably need an organized topic to do it. They probably won't let us do it here, though.
Old 2009-07-02, 00:38   Link #178
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Before I start, I'd like to give you guys a background on my fanfiction writing career (sorta).

Started back on March 4, 2005 with a story based on the Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six series. Since then, I've debuted from Books to TV shows, games and anime/manga. The only thing I've yet to try is to write a fanfic story from a movie. Right now, my main stories are Lost Soldiers, a Code Geass AU story written with some inspiration from other games like the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 game and the Metal Gear series.

Another is a Ga-rei: Zero story called Files of the 4th Division, an AU look on how the 4th Division (The people wearing orange uniforms) could have been doing if the possessed Yomi didn't kill them with her Shishio.

Here's my FF.net link for those who are interested in looking at my stories and perhaps, review them.

With all that done, I'll try and see if I can do a dark Welkin/Selvaria story. Bear in mind that I've yet to do a majorly dark story. Check my stories in FF.net; I did a few dark scenes IMO but not for the entire story. So bear with me with this and in case I made mistakes, feel free to let me know as I'm totally new in putting dark in the entire story. Same thing goes with everything else in the story. I just hope you guys will at least enjoy reading it...

Here goes. If anyone wants to use the story for their own basis in writing/uploading to sites such as FF.net, be sure to credit me, yeah?

Spoiler for Story:

Old 2009-07-02, 16:50   Link #179
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Before I start, I'd like to give you guys a background on my fanfiction writing career (sorta)...
And it's an interesting spread of work. The MGS one-off about the 'corpse' camo pattern was amusing.

Quote:
With all that done, I'll try and see if I can do a dark Welkin/Selvaria story...
Not a bad start. As written, it can seque nicely into one or both of the following occurences, in the vein of 'The Bear and the Dragon':
  • a closer look at the legwork the Imperial spooks are putting in to refine their Welkin dossier;
  • following an Imperial recon group detailed simply to shadow - not engage - Squad 7 to fill out the actual boots-on-the-ground aspects of said file

Now we get to sit back and see how she runs this...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 18:42   Link #180
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Thanks. I wrote that part after seeing the Youtube videos on the corpse camo. It was a blast.

Tags
fanfiction