AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 01:09   Link #1
heavensgatekeeper7

Computer cases

So im looking to buy a new case since the one i currently have does not meet the cooling needs i now have. so i am looking for a decent mid tower in the price range of 50-150 dollars that have considerable cooling capabilities and that is going to last a couple years cause if i plan to build a new computer in the future i will most likely be using the same case
Old 2009-04-27, 02:46   Link #2
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Antec cases FTW.

Antec Three Hundred, solid steel, two case fans, one 120mm and one 140mm.
$60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129042

If you want to up the ante, I use this one:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
$120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129021

The Nine Hundred goes on sale every now and then to about $70 (the price I bought mine with), since they have an updated model out called the Nine Hundred Two. In my opinion, the 902 is not really worth it (~$150), but it does drive the original Nine Hundred on sale.

Best of luck with your build!
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 11:15   Link #3
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

My COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05 case is awesome for cooling. The entire front of the case is a perforated mesh that lets it get constant airflow.
Old 2009-04-29, 10:10   Link #4
mechabao

I too have the Centurion 5 case but the Antec cases are far and away much better when it comes to cooling. One thing to note though is that the Antec 900 doesn't come with dust filters.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:32   Link #5
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
I too have the Centurion 5 case but the Antec cases are far and away much better when it comes to cooling. One thing to note though is that the Antec 900 doesn't come with dust filters.
*looks at his case*

Yeah, they don't. It's got this solid film of dust that I wipe off every couple weeks. Fans are top-notch though, and there are 4 of them.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 01:43   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agree... Antec (particularly with their power supplies) are "silent win".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 03:08   Link #7
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Just built a new PC for my dad using an Antec Three Hundred. I was surprised how good it is for $60 - loads of airflow with minimal noise, thumbscrews for the PSU and 3.5 inch drives, an easy to remove front panel with dust filter, and just general good design really.

I'd recommend it, but be aware that a) you'll lose a 3.5 inch bay or two if you're running a really big video card (it has six such bays though), b) it has some rails designed to support the PSU that are tight enough that they scratched my PSU's paint job when I installed it, and c) you want to make sure that the motherboard screws and standoffs screw together tightly before installing the motherboard. There are few things more annoying than getting five of the six screws for the mainboard done right, then finding the standoff for the six is bad and you need to pull the mainboard to replace it. And I've found Antec cases (I've worked with Sonatas too) usually have at least one such bad standoff preinstalled. Not a deal breaker because the cases come with spares, but annoying if you don't realize they're bad beforehand.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote