AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-28, 16:26   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Bleach Episode 217 Discussion Thread

Hi-ho. Watching the episode as I write. Will post screen. What a nice weather outside. It's to blame for the delay of this week's episode thread creation. Gomen.


Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 16:42   Link #2
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
man they need to pick up the pace (and yes i know if they DID we'd catch up to the manga blah blah)...i don't care, i'd rather it catch up and make us wait, or even releasing one episode every two weeks is better than having to sit through some of this crap (lame jokes), oh well. I hate how i already have to skip half the show to watch the episode, and i still fast forward the rest...
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 16:48   Link #3
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Sigh...somebody walked into my room whilst the Matsumoto fashion show/Shopping sequence was underway and he asked, "Kakashi, I thought you said you were watching Bleach", to which I looked at him with a really sad face going, "This is Bleach, Dattebayo". Apparently for Matsumoto shopping increases her fighting skills.

Pretty much skipped most of the episode, skipped these manga chapters as well. Ballerinafraccion looks like a member of the Ginyu force.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:49   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
What!!!? This was the best episode, though it was kind of sad. I'm thinking about you ladies.

Spoiler for episode specific! Warning: for the ladies only:


Yumichika's ability is an interesting one. Looks like Kenpachi's group is a full of mystery. Everyone with their latent abilities tend to pull out the odd in their favor at the last second. Sucking reiatsu dry is so Yumichika. So, was Yumichika going to sacrifice himself if Charlotte didn't have the ability to provide a cover that mask unusual increase in reiatsu completely? He was outmatched in every way until then.

I enjoyed the episode. It was funny. The only downturn is that some of the terrible music that were composed in those anime-original episodes were snuck in here. But then there were a few good ones too. The animation wasn't bad either at times. The episode had better pace than last week.

That said, the only fight among the lower class I'm interested at is Ikkaku's. His opponent doesn't talk much which automatically puts him into the cooler/bad-er villain category.

Episode preview indicates that it will be Kira's debut next week.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:49   Link #5
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
This episode won't be pretty, I can tell you that much.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:51   Link #6
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Awesome episode. I like Yumichika since the days he played hide-and-seek with Ganju. Maybe I'm easy to amuse dunno, all I know is I wouldn't dare to skip one second of this hilarious fight. The pace is fine too, much better than the slow setup, 217 covers 2 manga chapters which is quite good and even better when you think about the small gap between anime/manga.
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:34   Link #7
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Awesome episode. I like Yumichika since the days he played hide-and-seek with Ganju. Maybe I'm easy to amuse dunno, all I know is I wouldn't dare to skip one second of this hilarious fight. The pace is fine too, much better than the slow setup, 217 covers 2 manga chapters which is quite good and even better when you think about the small gap between anime/manga.
i just can't stand all the staring down, they give a frame to each and every person there...and then do it again after they talk some more

idk this is getting on my nerves, just like how crummy naruto animation stuff forced me to go to the manga, despite how much i treid not to
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:35   Link #8
holyalexander
holy alexander
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: vancouver
i like the episode imo..
__________________
ANIME FIGHT!! XD
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:57   Link #9
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i just can't stand all the staring down, they give a frame to each and every person there...and then do it again after they talk some more

idk this is getting on my nerves, just like how crummy naruto animation stuff forced me to go to the manga, despite how much i treid not to
hm, I also quit Naruto for the same reason but Bleach is nowhere near that level.. when I think about the episode with Naruto, Sakura and Sai sitting in Yamato's wooden hut, staring at each other for minutes no way, Bleach was never that bad even though it's constantly closer to the manga
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 19:10   Link #10
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 存在の他の平野
OMG!!!! My eyes! My eyes! It Burns!!

That horror has been etched into the very core of my soul.
I can't believe Yumichika "De-flowered" the drag queen Charlotte.
__________________
Kankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 19:15   Link #11
Ichiban Hayai
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Greece
Age: 35
In episode 56 Shuhei said he never though of a soul slayer that sucks reatsu.

It sure took us 160 episodes to see how that happens
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 19:26   Link #12
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
This episode won't be pretty, I can tell you that much.
Of course it will be pretty! It will be VERY pretty! It will be TOO pretty. Like... Levels of pretty OVER NINE THOUSAND pretty.

...yeah, it'll be pretty.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 20:19   Link #13
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Age: 29
much better that the last i thought
ever since the SS arc i had always wondered what Yumichikas ability was because they did not show his second fight and he made some interesting comments about it afterward.
i did like the last frame, it was very artistic/beautiful.
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 20:42   Link #14
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 27
1 down. 3 to go. Then maybe it'll get back to Ichigo.
__________________
NEW TRACKS ADDED 6/25/09
check out my music at...
http://www.myspace.com/homebody
wOoOzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 20:53   Link #15
Zippicus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
I'm going to have to wash my eyeballs out with soap now
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 21:25   Link #16
hollowification
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via MSN to hollowification
We all know what happen its in manga what happen
__________________
Those who can't see the mirror of the own reflection cannot Reflect the one true self
hollowification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 21:31   Link #17
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Yumichika's ability is an interesting one. Looks like Kenpachi's group is a full of mystery. Everyone with their latent abilities tend to pull out the odd in their favor at the last second. Sucking reiatsu dry is so Yumichika. So, was Yumichika going to sacrifice himself if Charlotte didn't have the ability to provide a cover that mask unusual increase in reiatsu completely? He was outmatched in every way until then.
I'd expect that Yumichika would have died before revealing the true ability of his sword. After all a sword that drains away an opponents reiatsu doesn't really fit with the spirit of the 11th division. That division does have its share of secrets. From Ikkaku's bankai to the true ability of Yumichika's sword. Guess that staying and dying in that division is worth more than letting the secret out. Of course since an opportunity presented itself to win without being found out Yumichika had to take it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I'm going to have to wash my eyeballs out with soap now
I know what you mean . Yumichika might have found that released form comical, but I was just creeped out by the whole thing. Getting beaten is one thing, but losing to that weirdo would be one of the worst ways to go.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 21:32   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What!!!? This was the best episode, though it was kind of sad. I'm thinking about you ladies.

Spoiler for episode specific! Warning: for the ladies only:


Yumichika's ability is an interesting one. Looks like Kenpachi's group is a full of mystery. Everyone with their latent abilities tend to pull out the odd in their favor at the last second. Sucking reiatsu dry is so Yumichika. So, was Yumichika going to sacrifice himself if Charlotte didn't have the ability to provide a cover that mask unusual increase in reiatsu completely? He was outmatched in every way until then.

I enjoyed the episode. It was funny. The only downturn is that some of the terrible music that were composed in those anime-original episodes were snuck in here. But then there were a few good ones too. The animation wasn't bad either at times. The episode had better pace than last week.

That said, the only fight among the lower class I'm interested at is Ikkaku's. His opponent doesn't talk much which automatically puts him into the cooler/bad-er villain category.

Episode preview indicates that it will be Kira's debut next week.
That package is sure to drive the ladies wild
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 22:22   Link #19
Who
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That package is sure to drive the ladies wild
And being in bondage with that package seals the deal.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 22:25   Link #20
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I'm going to have to wash my eyeballs out with soap now
Seconded .
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.