AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 09:28   Link #1341
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wait, when was this?

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 09:33   Link #1342
GDB

Ah, didn't even think anything of that before, but seeing it on repeat now his face gets REALLY close.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 21:48   Link #1343
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Okay... So Kiwami IS pretty badass (dual wielding sonic arrows = dream come true for me). The pointy helmet still bothers me but the camera angles emphasized it less this time so it was manageable.

Also, I just realized Gaim can be like Persona >.>

Youngsters gaining powers due to the machinations of adults. Them trying to solve the mystery of their powers and the mysterious place that is the source of it all.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 21:58   Link #1344
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post

Youngsters gaining powers due to the machinations of adults. Them trying to solve the mystery of their powers and the mysterious place that is the source of it all.
Spoiler:

I had completely forgotten about that moment between Micchy and Zack. Micchy throwing his arm off is priceless .

So who wants to bet that Takatora comes back, sees Micchy has gone crazy, beats some sense into him as Armored Rider Zangetsu, and Micchy then goes even crazier and blames it all on Kouta ?
Old 2014-06-14, 22:40   Link #1345
GDB

Takatora really does need to come back and do something, otherwise it'll feel like he was kept alive solely to not piss of his fans.
Old 2014-06-15, 00:18   Link #1346
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Not really. She showed up the first time when he first henshined, and warned him about going down that path, yet she still helped him with the finisher. The second time she showed up was before Kouta went destroy the Scalar System, which occurs after minor manipulation from Sagara and before the latter goes full on Mysterious and Powerful Watcher (by that time, Sagara only gives him things that would only make him an interesting Yggdrasil employee - Lemon Energy LS, Genesis Core, a couple of Dandeliners and another Suika Arms - and not "Okay, what the fuck is this guy?" )

Then again, it might just be my shipping sense tingling. (Weirdly enough, I've been shipping Kouta/Priestess of Fate more than Kouta/Mai - the only other viable ship for Kouta - ever sincce the start of the show)
Sagara has also referred to her as "obsessed" with Kouta for some reason, in Kachidoki's debut episode, so there's that. I think it means she either has more personal feelings for and more investment in Kouta compared to the other Riders or that she's extremely interested in him for the same reason that Sagara is: for him being the wild card amidst everything.

I've also wondered if it's potentially because Kouta is the anomaly in the Overlord and human comparison, since the Overlords and their world apparently never had someone like him. Someone who desired to use their power to protect the weak instead of using that power to eliminate them like the Overlords did.
Old 2014-06-15, 00:22   Link #1347
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think Gaim would fit quite well if we had access to Atlus Persona Engine. Mostly reskins and combat retuning and then voila! Ofcourse the story has to be properly rewritten XD
Old 2014-06-15, 09:32   Link #1348
GDB

Honestly, a normal RPG with HP/MP would work great. Just make the transformations cost MP, with successive transformations costing less depending on how long you used for the previous one, with stronger forms costing exponentially more.

This would capture the feel of the show, where even after getting amazingly strong Raiment forms, he still used the regular Sengoku forms, and after getting Kachidoki, he still used Raiment forms. Hell, even with Kiwami he started a fight with Lemon Raiment.

So, as you level up, eventually the Raiment forms' cost is no longer that much of an issue to your overall MP pool, but Kachidoki and Kiwami would take a huge chunk of your MP. Eventually you'd get strong enough to cast Kachidoki without caring. Voila, Gaim Game.
Old 2014-06-16, 13:39   Link #1349
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A theory that's been bothering me. Anyone still remember how Kouta switches out a sunflower seed lockseed and replaced it with a new one he picked in the past episode? The one right after he got shot in the back by micchi?

What if... all lockseeds can be consumed? What if you wear them long enough and they just run out of juice? Wouldn't it make perfect sense not to spam your best lockseed just in case you run the dry at a crucial moment?
Old 2014-06-16, 14:56   Link #1350
DMurphy

That happened with Watermelon, didn't it? After Kouta used it, it went grey and had to recharge.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 03:33   Link #1351
Eagle's Nest
Ass-kicking Prototype

According to his latest tweet, Urobuchi had finished writing Gaim's final episode.
Old 2014-06-19, 18:45   Link #1352
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Kamen Rider Gaim Cast Make Their Own Original Opening to JUST LIVE MORE!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 19:47   Link #1353
GDB

After seeing that, Kouta wouldn't make a bad L in a live action Death Note.

But seriously, that was awesome. I kind of hope they swap it in for the OP on an actual episode.
Old 2014-06-22, 14:19   Link #1354
Ryousha
«Hecate»

36th episode of Kamen Rider Gaim is apparently called:

Brother's End! Zangetsu vs Zangetsu Shin (Kyōdai no Ketchaku! Zangetsu Tai Zangetsu Shin)

Last edited by Ryousha; 2014-06-22 at 20:21.
Ryousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 15:04   Link #1355
GDB

Hopefully that's accurate (haven't seen it reported elsewhere), because that'll be awesome. Also, according to the official Kamen Rider magazine, apparently Redyue is female... yikes.

By the way, does Kamen Rider get released on Blu-ray outside of movies? This is a series I'd like to download the BDs for if they end up existing.
Old 2014-06-22, 16:28   Link #1356
Ryousha
«Hecate»

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Hopefully that's accurate (haven't seen it reported elsewhere), because that'll be awesome. Also, according to the official Kamen Rider magazine, apparently Redyue is female... yikes.

By the way, does Kamen Rider get released on Blu-ray outside of movies? This is a series I'd like to download the BDs for if they end up existing.
I was one of the first few who confirmed it when I had a picture and posted it on the wikia like a few weeks-months back. Just now more people are confirming it.

Kamen Rider does have blu-rays out of movies and I highly recommend watching them. The quality is like day and night when compared to 720p TV quality.
Ryousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 19:06   Link #1357
GDB

Wow, what an episode. Kouta was a bit derpy ("Why is it so strong!?", well maybe because you're in base Sengoku form fighting an Overlord...), but loved all the character interaction with Micchy, Kaito, and Minato. Seemed a little odd for Kouta to use Kiwami when Kachidoki appeared powerful enough to beat the ox overlord, but whatever.

Next week looks like it'll start ramping things up even more. Kouta appears to call out Shin Zangetsu as Mitsuzane!
Old 2014-06-23, 02:06   Link #1358
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not much to say, seems like a transitional episode where some plots are introduced but not resolved. Gridon Watermelon Arms was pretty funny though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 20:22   Link #1359
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

S.I.C Figure of OOO Burakawami Combo and Leangle Jack Form

Must be in celebrate to the 10th annivesary of Blade. Hope they release Garren and Leangle King Form soon.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 21:42   Link #1360
Eagle's Nest
Ass-kicking Prototype

Roshuo really is the King.

And looks like Redue's going to do a human transmutation experiment. That's bad.

But nonetheless, I really liked Oren's moment in the early part of the episode. Another epic face worthy of a meme.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, series updates