AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-26, 07:06   Link #161
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah if he's faking, he's faking in front of the cameraman that isn't supposed to be there.

Old 2009-05-26, 10:42   Link #162
Haak
Forever Alone...

Extremely wild speculation and hasn't been thought through yet: Could the Selecao be a Yakuza gruop?
Old 2009-05-26, 10:44   Link #163
velvet nightmare

eh?

i don't think yakuza is into saving japan?
Old 2009-05-26, 10:59   Link #164
Haak
Forever Alone...

I read somewhere that they provided aid and support during the Kobe Earthquake.
Old 2009-05-26, 11:00   Link #165
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well it would at least explain why did they choose the selecaos so messed up.

-Kondo was selfish gambler
-#1 doesn't seem like a good guy (and he didn't interfere, or even he might have been responsible for Akira's mindwhipe)
-we barely know anything about Akira's past, other than he's obsessed with films (and let me add mostly criminal thrillers)
-and let's don't even start on Diana

-While only Hiura seemed like a positive selecao (of course we don't know much about him either, it might be possible he wasn't a generous noble doctor before the "game" actually)
And it would also explain, why are the rules are so cruel (for crying out loud, they don't even have a chance to quit).

---------
However, I don't see, why would they go through the trouble of improving Japan, especially with such a vague objective like saving the country. Some of the selecaos might even take it such way to eliminate the organized crime, and effectively harming the Yakuzas by that. Additionally for the Yakuzas there is no reason to entrust so much money on totally unrelated people. (Well not like the real Outside of the show had, but what I say is, it seems a bit even more illogical for a Yakuza Outside).
Old 2009-05-26, 11:03   Link #166
Haak
Forever Alone...

And I'm also starting to think that maybe Mr. OUTSIDE knows that none of them are going to save to Japan and will infact do the opposite and make it worse. The rules set in place certainly seem to look that way.
Old 2009-05-26, 17:15   Link #167
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

So, what do you folks still think about the all the Selecao-emblem connections and disappearances in the OP now?

Spoiler for the exact order of the connections with screenshots and my own theory:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-28 at 02:51.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:45   Link #168
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

the problem I see is in this sequence is that there is no contact shown between IX and XI and we are 100% sure this contact happened. So I cannot say this video sequence can be considered 100% reliable.

Old 2009-05-27, 01:39   Link #169
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

It doesn't show #5 connecting to #9 either. That's why, if I have to take a guess, I'd say it is highly likely that they don't show all the connections here.
However, as of now, I have no reason to doubt the order of the Selecao-deaths, because they happened so far chronologically. Additionally there should be an explanation why #2 connected to Akira at the time of Kondo's death, and why we don't even know who that could be.
Old 2009-05-27, 06:47   Link #170
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Lol the avatar!

Yes the number 2 connection is strange. But who that could possibly be? I really don't think Saki is a selešao. Plus at the time of Kondo's death? Don't tell me it's Kondo's ex wife XD

Old 2009-05-27, 06:55   Link #171
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

^ I was thinking that too but she had a regular phone.
Plus wouldn't Kondo have known she was a Selecao anywayz ( they can detect eachother )

Deceiving OP is deceiving
Old 2009-05-27, 08:05   Link #172
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well I don't really want to guess it, but I would say someone who the show didn't presented for the viewers yet. Maybe someone who observed Akira at the scene with Kondo's death, or someone in the hospital, or sometimes in the events not showed between ep3 and 4. And eventually later on they will show it in a flashback scene or he/she is going to mention it, that he/she has been observing Akira around that time.

However I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss the idea of Kondo's wife either. If he was cheating on her, it's no wonder she is going to keep it as a secret, that she's a Selecao too (why would she tell him such a secret, if she's aware, that he is cheating on her?), and she definitely passed by next to Akira. I doubt there is such a rule, where the Selecaos have to dispose their own previous phone, and I have no reason to believe why wouldn't she deceive Kondo by pretending like she only has a normal phone, when her husband is around.
Additionally if she was a Selecao, it could also explain why is, that the supporter wasn't charged by redirecting the message. Maybe Kondo's wife has been in touch with the Supporter, who ordered her via a simple call like "OK, now's the time to revenge, because he has no more money left", or maybe she was the one who ordered Juiz to make her send a duplicate message what Kondo writes for his mistress, and how much money he still has.

As of now I wouldn't dismiss the OP as deceiving yet, but I agree that the connections are pretty "roundabout way".

------
Edit:
Spoiler for another interesting thing to consider regarding my previous theory about the OP (if you bothered to read it):

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-27 at 08:40.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:34   Link #173
Haak
Forever Alone...

Maybe those pink dots refer to something?
Old 2009-05-27, 08:47   Link #174
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well, as I elaborate it under the spoiler tag, I reckon they might represent "how close the actual physical contact" between the connected selecaos is.
Anyway, feel free to come up with your own theories (especially about the OP) . I don't want to dominate all the speculation here. It's not like I'm trying to suppress everyone else .
Old 2009-05-27, 09:11   Link #175
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Ergo not #1 himself committed the murder. And that harmonizes perfectly with the fact, that we didn't see anything of Hiura's killer, even though #1 was shown multiple times already. The reason is because he was killed by someone entrusted by #1, but not by #1 himself!
That's what I always said, I can't really see number1 doing the killings himself. Anyway according to this perspective the contact could just happen from afar so anything is possible even the idea that number 2 has never been shown not even for a second.

I'm really looking forward to the time when number1 will contact everyone. There sure going to be a public message from him or maybe even a gathering of all the surviving selešao (with XII missing). That would be epic.

Old 2009-05-27, 10:38   Link #176
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually have no theories right now, because for all we know those line connections could just represent Selecao who have contacted each other but nothing more....

Heck they could just be in the OP just to screw with us.
Old 2009-05-27, 16:26   Link #177
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I am disappoint MeoTwister :/ .
Such a great theories you can come up with in the Umineko thread, surely you must have a hunch about what is happening here in Eden of East.

I don't refer on the OP now, but just in general what has happened so far in the show, stuff like... What has #9 been doing before the memorywhipe, why is he in the US, is it a coincidence Saki is there, if not what is her connection with the mystery, what about the NEETs, who has done the careless monday, who killed #4, and #5 and the other things.

I am really curious what everyone else thinks about all these mysteries. :encouragement:
Old 2009-05-27, 16:34   Link #178
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I thought some of those questions were already resolved ^^;

We know enough about the NEETs now except why Akira did that (however we know that it actually helped that NEET so we can assume Akira predicted such effect)

About careless monday it is pretty much confirmed that Akira did it (at least the first one)

And of course, number 4 was killed by his ex-wife XD

Old 2009-05-27, 16:44   Link #179
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

If only it would be that easy .
Or you indeed believe everything the way they present it in the show? Don't tell me, I'm the only one here who expects such things later on, like *gasps* "Plot twists", or that some characters are lying on purpose?
Old 2009-05-27, 22:23   Link #180
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well the problem is that on all my downloads of the gg subs, the OP video hiccups when they show the Selecao emblems so I don't really get to see the transitions and lines go smoothly.
Closed Thread