AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-26, 04:32   Link #1081
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadetPD View Post
I have an Ultimate Guitar account already.

I can try and upload everything we have here, and try to give credit to as many people as I can.

I was also thinking we should put it all under Ho-kago Tea Time instead of "Misc Cartoons and games" or whatever the tag is. Granted, the character singles wouldn't technically be Ho-kago..but...anyone object?
Ho-Kago or its English alternative's good. But what if we can make an account anyone here can access? So that when you're not online, someone else can add the asked tab. Also, if this happens, I'd like to help in tabbing it out text form.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 08:01   Link #1082
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
K-ON - Ho-Kago Tea Time might be a better name for the artist (for those using the search bar probably won't search up hokago tea time)

Someone should also differentiate between whether the tabs are scans or not.

By the way, I'd like to note how cool it is fellow K-ON fans on this forum are doing this xD
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 10:32   Link #1083
Bolt237
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 21
I was thinking that we have a community account called "animesuki" or "yuischoolofrock" or something, where multiple people have control of the account, and we upload tabs that way

We would use the little info window in gp5 to give credit and tell whether it's official or not

and I thought we'd be uploading under artist name houkago tea time O.o but we have to decide as a whole

we should decide on a naming convention, too... english, romanji, or a mix of both?
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 10:37   Link #1084
ChorpSaway
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
For the artist name, we should have "Ho-Kago Tea Time" or whatever spelling of it we decide on, but we should include "K-On" as well for those unfamiliar with the band name/too lazy to type it all out. More accessible that way.

And I'm up for helping to convert parts into text tab format, as soon as we get the finer points dealt with.
ChorpSaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 18:35   Link #1085
Bolt237
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKanos View Post
Ho-Kago or its English alternative's good. But what if we can make an account anyone here can access? So that when you're not online, someone else can add the asked tab. Also, if this happens, I'd like to help in tabbing it out text form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChorpSaway
And I'm up for helping to convert parts into text tab format, as soon as we get the finer points dealt with.
Appreciate the effort and the offers, but gp5 can automatically convert to ASCII ^^
You could format the stuff that gp5 spits out though
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 00:21   Link #1086
netvope
SOS-Dan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Ultimate guitar's search engine doesn't work well with the dash "-". If you search for "K-On", you get tons of unrelated results containing the letter "K" and the word "On". The same applies if you use "Ho-kago".

However, searching on google is another story. They are able to treat "K-On" as a word and return useful results. Therefore, it is still highly beneficial to have "K-On" in the artist name.

"放課後ティータイム" is the actual band name. Given the dash symbol problem, "Houkago" is probably slightly better than "Ho-kago". "K-On" is there mainly for search indexing and therefore should be secondary. So, I suggest we use "Houkago Tea Time (K-On)" as the artist name. What do you think?
__________________
An anime Q&A site (in English!) being proposed: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/31538/

Last edited by netvope; 2010-09-29 at 11:33. Reason: Sorry for the typos :)
netvope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 03:39   Link #1087
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
I guess, but is there a way to tag the name with other names like K-On!, anime or whatever? Because it would really help people in searching for tabs.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 03:56   Link #1088
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94 Send a message via Skype™ to AznAndy94
Off current topic post but still in topic for thread, incoming!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Y3UUK5G
^Sweet Bitter Beauty Song Guitar Pro 5

If there are any other wanted ones, I'm open for another tabbing session.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 05:37   Link #1089
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuniver View Post
Quote:

2.do you suggest i use power chords or barre chords?
Ans: barre chords Do you mean Barre power chord?

Do you mean 577600=barre chord and 57xxxx=power chord, right?
If that's right, then here is my suggestion from my own opinion.
57xxxx would be great, common people who don't know too much about music don't see(hear) any different from it, and it quick and easy to get a piece of music from it. But the most important thing is that you have to make it sound clean(no any buzzy or any sound you don't intend to make) and after that it's time to make a move to barre chord(57600). And it depend on you if you satisfied or not. It's a feeling, not a technique. Feel free with your style if you like it, make your own riff, solo, etc.

3.and please inform me if anyone would tab out guitar ni kubitakke. it's pretty hard to learn a song througha video.
Suggest: Guitar ni kubitakke
No drum, no keyboard, no bass. Only 2 guitars.

ok, i get it now, thanks. that is the barre chords that i mean. i think i might just use power chords, it's much easier and sounds more powerful.


speaking of guitar ni kubittake, does anyone have the official scoresheet for this (or willing to convert it to guitar pro?). i found the guitar pro one, but i think it is not that accurate. i think i want to have the original one, to start me off in the right direction.

the website thing in ultimate guitar is a really good idea. 2 thumbs up!!
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 06:42   Link #1090
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
If there are any other wanted ones, I'm open for another tabbing session.
If you could do the official for either No, Thank You or Utauyo Miracle, it would be appreciated Well.. I guess you'd need the scans... I wonder if anybody's got em.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 07:49   Link #1091
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
If you could do the official for either No, Thank You or Utauyo Miracle, it would be appreciated Well.. I guess you'd need the scans... I wonder if anybody's got em.
Have they even released the score book for those?
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:42   Link #1092
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94 Send a message via Skype™ to AznAndy94
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKanos View Post
Have they even released the score book for those?
Yes, the official score for No, Thank You and Utauyo Miracle was released on Spetember 15.
I'll do No Thank You, but I don't know who has the score available for scan right now and I currently do not have it with me (but I wish I did). If someone doesn't scan it, there was a request for Happy!? Sorry!!.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 13:00   Link #1093
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
Yes, the official score for No, Thank You and Utauyo Miracle was released on Spetember 15.
I'll do No Thank You, but I don't know who has the score available for scan right now and I currently do not have it with me (but I wish I did). If someone doesn't scan it, there was a request for Happy!? Sorry!!.
Oooh, I don't feel like folding my score book. Plus, I don't have a scanner.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 14:41   Link #1094
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
"放課後ティータイム" is the actual band name. Given the dash symbol problem, "Hougako" is probably slightly better than "Ho-gako". "K-On" is there mainly for search indexing and therefore should be secondary. So, I suggest we use "Hougako Tea Time (K-On)" as the artist name. What do you think?
Oh thank god someone caught onto this. "Ho-gako" looks so ridiculously stupid. >__>;
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
Off current topic post but still in topic for thread, incoming!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Y3UUK5G
^Sweet Bitter Beauty Song Guitar Pro 5

If there are any other wanted ones, I'm open for another tabbing session.
Aw, unavailable at the moment, but will download when I can.

And I guess I'll start scanning that other song. ゚ヽ(*∀`)ノ
__________________

少し頭冷やそうか?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 16:18   Link #1095
CadetPD
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Juan Bautista, California
Well, I agree with the idea of putting it under what was suggested.
Granted, you guys are mixing up the "g" and the "k"
And on the Listen and Go Go Maniac single cover art it is spelled "HO-KAGO TEA TIME", so there's also that.

Also, there's not really any particular reason to have a shared account because once you upload a tab you can't really do anything with it.
CadetPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 16:31   Link #1096
pockypham
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to pockypham
Heyy, I tried looking for the guitar tabs for Tenshi no Fureta but cannot find it anywhere D: Maybe because the episode is fairly new?
But do any of you guys have it? Sorry if it's already been posted I tried checking
Hello btw! I'm new.
__________________
HTT
<3

Last edited by pockypham; 2010-09-27 at 16:32. Reason: error
pockypham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 17:47   Link #1097
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Hi all havent posted in a while... So readin about the idea for the account, i totally agree with ya all... But its kinda difficult tryin to find it... I would suggest hokago tea time or htt or somethin.. Just a suggestion though =)
__________________
Kev-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 19:15   Link #1098
hollowkenshin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
off topic but, have you guys actually tried playing through and listening to the k-on tabs by stke? I actually think they are closer to the original song that the official tabs ._.

All of the tabs seem to have the fidelity to be deemed like the real thing. I seriously dont think stke tabbed them because i found his youtube channel and he isn't the best player...

so here is the question - where did he get them?
hollowkenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 21:33   Link #1099
Bolt237
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockypham View Post
Heyy, I tried looking for the guitar tabs for Tenshi no Fureta but cannot find it anywhere D: Maybe because the episode is fairly new?
But do any of you guys have it? Sorry if it's already been posted I tried checking
Hello btw! I'm new.
In addition to the version the other guy linked you to there's one with a different guitar track that I wrote... I think the dl link was deleted, if you want it I have it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowkenshin View Post
off topic but, have you guys actually tried playing through and listening to the k-on tabs by stke? I actually think they are closer to the original song that the official tabs ._.

All of the tabs seem to have the fidelity to be deemed like the real thing. I seriously dont think stke tabbed them because i found his youtube channel and he isn't the best player...

so here is the question - where did he get them?
Well some people like the official tabs, personally I think his tabs are great (I'm very impressed that he writes all the tracks) but I've found some errors. But you can play whichever way you want, no one is making you play one thing or another. I should also mention that the official tabs are usually for the live version (which is different from the studio version sometimes), but there's still some discrepancy between what I see and what I hear :P
He doesn't have to be a great player to make tabs, you just need a good ear, a lot of time, and determination, really
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 21:35   Link #1100
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowkenshin View Post
off topic but, have you guys actually tried playing through and listening to the k-on tabs by stke? I actually think they are closer to the original song that the official tabs ._.

All of the tabs seem to have the fidelity to be deemed like the real thing. I seriously dont think stke tabbed them because i found his youtube channel and he isn't the best player...

so here is the question - where did he get them?
I'm not sure who stke is but I'll check him out in a bit.

As for tabbing, it's not uncommon for official tabs to be inaccurate. They're just official, it doesn't mean it's the actual score :S
Apparently there are looaaddss of cases when online tabs are more accurate than the official tab books for bands. I don't know if it'd work the same for this though. (band book tabs being inaccurate is believable. The official tabs probably got permission to distribute it, but not the actual sheet music the band writes)
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.