AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 16:12   Link #1241
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette View Post
To be fair, they change up the parts between the versions anywhere between barely to fairly significant. The score might actually be "official" in that that's what they actually referenced and based the various versions off of. In that sense, it's really official and they expect you to add the flair yourself, which is a problem for crappy players like myself.
I didn't go over them with a fine tooth comb but it looked to me as though the bass lines were about the same in both.

On thing I forgot to mention is that the official score apparently expects you to use an octave effect for the drop-D portion of the song and play it in standard tuning. An octaver doesn't make the sound an octave lower, it just creates a wave that's half the frequency of the sound it gets from the instrument and adds that to the signal. The result can be subtle or brutal depending on the type of effect and the settings. I used that effect in one the videos I did (this one, if you're curious) and you're not going to pass that off as drop-D tuning.

This is probably the only song in the lot of them that's not in standard tuning, and it's definitely in standard tuning for the rest of the song.

I don't really have an explanation for why the official tabs are off. Pony Canyon released the score since music is their side of things (as opposed to Kadokawa, who do everything else) and they obviously had access to the original unmixed recordings since there's several tracks with different instruments stripped out. Even without that, there are people who make their living doing music transcriptions and are very good at it.
Old 2010-10-24, 16:51   Link #1242
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhades777 View Post
alright so this is what ive got with fuwa fuwa time so far. currently, ive only changed the guitar parts up, to make it match with the recording as much as possible.

im not really sure whats going with the rhythm guitar during the solo, since i cant really hear much there. also, the solo is a 4-person version, not 5-person.

tell me what you guys think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?89n4fn59y3gvy27

also, id appreciate it if this doesnt end up on ultimate-guitar, etc.
Just so you know, there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0xskPy3ELk for reference if you need.

It's looking good I don't think it's necessary, but doesn't each power chord slide to the next during the verses?

Edit: I could never figure out what's happening during bar 12-13. It doesn't sound right.

Last edited by bloppyblue; 2010-10-24 at 17:21.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 01:17   Link #1243
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94 Send a message via Skype™ to AznAndy94
To anyone who is tabbing on GTP, we've received our "shipment" of scans from Bananoha (thank you very much, we all appreciate it). We have:
  1. Gi-ta ni kubbitake
  2. Tsubasa wo Kudasai
  3. Heart Goes Boom
As far as I know these are the new ones.

Girly Storm Shisshou Stick is being scanned. It may be here soon, or after he comes back from wherever.
I have my eyes on everyone of these, so anyone take what you want first and I'll take what's left.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 02:31   Link #1244
Recette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
I didn't go over them with a fine tooth comb but it looked to me as though the bass lines were about the same in both.

On thing I forgot to mention is that the official score apparently expects you to use an octave effect for the drop-D portion of the song and play it in standard tuning. An octaver doesn't make the sound an octave lower, it just creates a wave that's half the frequency of the sound it gets from the instrument and adds that to the signal. The result can be subtle or brutal depending on the type of effect and the settings. I used that effect in one the videos I did (this one, if you're curious) and you're not going to pass that off as drop-D tuning.

This is probably the only song in the lot of them that's not in standard tuning, and it's definitely in standard tuning for the rest of the song.

I don't really have an explanation for why the official tabs are off. Pony Canyon released the score since music is their side of things (as opposed to Kadokawa, who do everything else) and they obviously had access to the original unmixed recordings since there's several tracks with different instruments stripped out. Even without that, there are people who make their living doing music transcriptions and are very good at it.
"Fairly significant" is probably an exaggeration on my end. Sorry. You can definitely hear some differences in Houkago Tea Time II though.

I don't really own the official scores, so I guess my assumptions are probably erring on the side favoring the guys that made it. Maybe using an octaver was originally intended, but it got dropped?
Recette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 09:10   Link #1245
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
What's with Houkago Tea Time II? The studio mix one? Is this supposed to be a cleaner version?
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 12:39   Link #1246
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAndy94 View Post
To anyone who is tabbing on GTP, we've received our "shipment" of scans from Bananoha (thank you very much, we all appreciate it).
There's also stuff in Book 1 Fudepen + Stapler. :B U-Unless someone scanned those before and I didn't know. ;_;?

Someone else was doing Heart Goes Boom, but I forget who.... But yeah, will try to scan the Ritsu song before tomorrow night!

少し頭冷やそうか?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 13:01   Link #1247
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng17 View Post
What's with Houkago Tea Time II? The studio mix one? Is this supposed to be a cleaner version?
Uh, cleaner than what? The "studio mix" is just the normal versions of the songs.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 15:57   Link #1248
Bolt237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
There's also stuff in Book 1 Fudepen + Stapler. :B U-Unless someone scanned those before and I didn't know. ;_;?

Someone else was doing Heart Goes Boom, but I forget who.... But yeah, will try to scan the Ritsu song before tomorrow night!
Uh ya I did fudepen and stapler already
Not that well though I'm eventually gonna do version 2's of all the one's I've done
...eventually
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 16:16   Link #1249
redhades777

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuniver View Post
Understood!
Can I put it in the list.
yea.
if anyone wants to change it up a bit, feel free because i cant guarantee thats its 100% correct! (i dont have humbucker equipped guitar like yui's les paul, so what might sound right on mine, might not actually be correct, because i cant mimic the tone)
redhades777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 16:36   Link #1250
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt237 View Post
Uh ya I did fudepen and stapler already
Not that well though I'm eventually gonna do version 2's of all the one's I've done
...eventually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
Unless someone else scanned and uploaded, I don't think Fudepen ~Ballpen~ (Live 4 person ver.) and Watashi no Koi wa Hocchikisu (5 person ver.) are finished from the first book.
Goddammit. Where was anyone then.

Sorry I can only quickly skim through a thread before going on my merry way and don't constantly check that dood-who-keeps-deleting-his-posts giant mega post with all the tabs in it. Okay, I'll be fair. I didn't realize he changed it so it'd show the official and fan-made ones in separate things. But still. =w=

w/e scanning Girly Storm なう

少し頭冷やそうか?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 22:18   Link #1251
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Send a message via Skype™ to Otaku Guy
Can someone find a TAB for Pasadena Fwy from the OST plz and thx
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 10:36   Link #1252
deng17
Sylpheed

@Goggen
So those insert songs are just copied off from the Singles? Well there are new songs anyway.
Old 2010-10-26, 11:50   Link #1253
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng17 View Post
@Goggen
So those insert songs are just copied off from the Singles? Well there are new songs anyway.
Yes, three songs were previously available as singles, the remaining seven songs have not been available until now. But you know, it's pretty common to release three or four songs off any pop album as singles anyway, so I see no reason this should be a disappointment to anyone.
Old 2010-10-26, 19:32   Link #1254
deng17
Sylpheed

Nah, I'm not disappointed XD

So is this the last? Oh there's still movie. I wonder if there'll be new songs.
Old 2010-10-26, 19:35   Link #1255
Goggen

I think new songs in the movie is a fairly safe bet. They'll want to sell more CD's, after all.

I wonder, though, if we can expect any of the previously unheard songs from this album to show up in either ep 27 or the movie...
Old 2010-10-26, 21:52   Link #1256
Bolt237

more image song albums on the way, remember. That'll probably be all til the movie, although I'm guessing there won't be more than a few new songs for the movie, if any...
Old 2010-10-27, 02:46   Link #1257
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!

hey, everyone. finally got time to be online

@tabbers: thanks a lot dudes for tabbing my requests. God Bless. and thanks for Bananoha for the scans

@Rakkasei: oh, from ultimate guitar? already have that. thanks anyway

@iuniver: thanks for helping me out with my guitar pro problem, but sadly, it wasn't fixed. the heck with it, i'll just install guitar pro (my guitar pro is not really installed, is a copy-paste version from another computer, so maybe that's the problem.)

Do you know where i could find the installer for guitar pro (without torrents, or security threats, and the RSE, i already have the installer for the RSE).

@Moogie: hey great cover. that reminds me to check out these new songs.

@alucard13mm: i know what you feel. my younger brother is always mocking me, saying that i play a "girl song". (well, he's just lacking attention, doesn't have many friends, and probably have ADHD or something).

Please could someone tell me that playing K-on songs isn't degrading as a man?

thanks all....
Old 2010-10-27, 07:38   Link #1258
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
Please could someone tell me that playing K-on songs isn't degrading as a man?
Tell your brother to try playing them.
Old 2010-10-27, 11:08   Link #1259
Bolt237

Yo Moogie, I think we have the exact same guitar O.o

Well I got a non-crap webcam so I might start doing covers too...

What kind of video editing programs do you all recommend? I don't think WMM can handle anything complex like two recordings side-by-side.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:40   Link #1260
deng17
Sylpheed

@LightMusicBand
70% or maybe 80% of the songs I can play (not including those I've already forgotten) are anime songs. I didn't like japanese music just because it's anime (if it's one) but because I like how jap music sounds...long before I became active in watching anime and stuff.

If you're gonna stick with our local music, you'll only learn a few. Japanese music may not be the best, but it'll require you technique and such before you can play those songs. With that, you'll be able to improve your playing. It's better if you like what you are playing. I do not know anyone IRL who also plays the same songs as me XD

But still western music is the most preferred. That's what the world says.

@Bolt
I don't know if I'm using the most efficient tools but I'm using REAPER for audio tracks and Sony Vegas for video. I think there are better software for editing video than the one I'm using.