AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 9 16.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 32.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-03, 00:30   Link #21
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm pretty sure its just Ellet using some weird means to get information or something. That better be the case because I may drop this show if they do the unthinkable and actually try to build a love quadrangle between Alicia, Faldio, Welkin, and Ellet. While I seriously, seriously doubt that happening, who knows?
urgh.....

If there is to be a love quadrangle as much as l despise the ldea.... l don't think it would be with ellet but probably with the princess. That being said....if such a thing happens....then there's some very sweet memorable moments in the game that will change for the worst.....

as for ellet...
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 01:13   Link #22
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I doubt if Ellet's seduction would work on Welkin ......... Welkin is ....... quite dense and if there a quad relationship

Spoiler for spoiler:
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 01:39   Link #23
Chrono Helix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
My impressions:
Spoiler:
Chrono Helix is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 04:38   Link #24
slayer545-sama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Cool Valkyria Chronicles Episode 4 Discussion

So finally they use some good tactics of a two front attack. A classic to overwhelm the enemy especially if they do not know of the second front. Alicia finally gets her battle wound.
What I liked:
-I liked the beginning when Alicia and Isara have spotted what they believe to be a enemy spy.
-Brigitte being pointed with the rifle of Alicia but she did not do it on purpose. Alicia just wanted to have Brigitte now talk too much because Alicia thought it was really a enemy.
-Turns out my favorite funny part that has absolutely nothing to do with the story comes.....that is when Alicia finds out that the enemy spy is not a spy but just a wandering animal know as Hane Butai (winged pig) :XD:
-I loved Welkins determination and planning. Truly he can become a good General just like his father.
-Ok the pig shit joke was LAME! I really do not find anything funny about it but what was funny is how Alicia reacted to it.
-The map drawing and depiction is nice! Well shown and simple.
-The simplified plan of how the troops would move was nice also.
-Hahaha, Gregor being a bad ass with his orders yet too cokcy as usual.
-When Alicia moves with Faldio's troops in the bushes and Faldio joking with Alicia around there. It was funny but I think the comedy was not right. If anything the HUMOR SCREWED UP! It should have been after the battle. Better yet I would have rather have them make the battles MORE EPIC!
-I did like Faldio questioning about Alicia's fear and readiness for battle. It was good that he tests her readiness.
-LARGO FIRING THE BAZOOKA! That was nice! LOVED IT! Especially when it penetrated the armor and then killed that piece of crap enemy tank! BEAUTIFUL!
-Another beauty is how well the sloped armor is against the pitiful shots of the enemy tanks.
-When Faldio puts a nut but lies to Alicia it is goat shit into Alicia's back and she freaks out.
-Hahah, the pig got taken into the tank of Welkin.
-Alicia starting her own initiative to rush towards the enemy base. That was unthinkable yet she impressed me with her courage. She dodged and hid well using the trees. HOWEVER, in war they say HASTE MAKES WASTE.
-Ramal (Faldio's assistant) covering with Faldio Alicia when she almost shot by a tower sniper, good thing sniper died.
-When Radi showed up as Gregor was losing this front. It was too satisfying to see how annoyed and angry was Gregor at that time. Serves him right.
-Seeing Edelweiss in action and properly animated was nice also. I WANT MORE OF TANK BLOWING UP THINGS!
-Alicia rushing yet again within the flames of the enemy base, RUSHING towards Radi before shooting at him nearly hitting his head. I ESPECIALLY LOVED the part where she TRULY SHINES in the mids of the fire. THE MUST BE SO FAR HER BEST POSE!
-Alicia naming the pig Hans. LOL
-Welking offering Alicia some food for the pig was also LOL.
What I did not like:
-FIRST OF ALL THE PIECE OF SHIT SOLDIER WHO SHOT ALICIA! I know, I know is part of war but I still do not like it! Now Alicia has a permanent SCAR THERE. I know I USED TO BE CAPTAIN IN MILITARY STRATEGY! All forces, air/land/sea. I did not engage in real combat as I never intended to join the UN nor was Canada in war anyways at that time.
-Another was the stupid enemy shooting at Brigitte nearly killing if she did hide in time. WELKIN HELLLLLOOOOOO you are to shoot all the tanks! Damn it RED CARD! :recard:
-As much as I would like the comedy it was good ONLY AND ONLY at the beginning and end of the episode. In the middle when all are fighting WAS JUST BAD! NOT RIGHT AT ALL! I would never joke with my subordinates during strategy meetings. I would before and after when all is cleared up. Even then I would not because it could ruing the readiness and mentality but after the battle HELL YEAH WITH SOME SAKE! :P
Little extra (MY WISHES)
-Would have been better if they used scorch earth on the base. Would have been nice to see how all would react when everything would start blowing up around them.
-No gas attack yet so that is too bad also.
-The enemy better start doing something that is equal to Edelweiss' power to make things more fair and interesting.
-Gregor dead would be nice but guess sometimes it will come.
-WHERE ARE THE AIRPLANES??? I would want some bombs dropping.
-Finally Where The Hell are the mines, and other booby traps and why are the soldiers so sloppy. A SNIPER MISSING....really, damn I would fire him from his position!

Great map and simple one! If they continue doing maps like this. I WILL BE PROUD OF THEM AS CAPTAIN OF MILITARY STRATEGY! I just love it WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO READ THIS, understand military strategy because it is simplified for you! Good stuff....two front attack!


Best pose of Alicia! LOVE IT!


Hahah that was funny! Alicia pointing by mistake the gun because she wanted to shut up Brigitte due to possible spy suspicion looming around.
Spoiler:


Well since all like the Ellet preview and her trying to seduce Welking HERE YOU GO!

Last edited by slayer545-sama; 2009-05-09 at 20:19. Reason: subs
slayer545-sama is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 06:30   Link #25
jwai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 28
Does Ellet have a significant role in the game?
__________________
Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.
jwai is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 07:38   Link #26
Chrono Helix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
She's mainly there to show the player things that are not part of the main story, although she doesn't really participate. Character development episodes, you could say.
Chrono Helix is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 08:17   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
If it's just "i'll show you something if you give me information, fufufu~" then i'll be fine with that, though it better not lead towards what i think.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 08:36   Link #28
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
He 'missed' the screenshot after where Ellet is showing forcing Welkin up against a wall.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 09:20   Link #29
Solecs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Nice that they included some other characters in squad 1, saw Hannes and Wendy there which I don't believe were in squad 7. Though admittedly Wendy should have been handling the grenade.
Solecs is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 09:22   Link #30
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Gregor! NAZI FUCK! NAZI! NAZI! DEATH TO THEM! YES, I AM POLISH! YES, I AM WITH THE ALLIES AND IT MEANS ALICIA AND WELKIN!
Sorry to burst your bubble slayer545-sama, but if any faction in Valkyria should be compared with National Socialist Germany, it is actually Galia, who adheres to German military standards as opposed to the Empire, who adheres to Russian standards. Never mind that our protagonist has a German name...

That, and if you want to force an Allies comparison on anyone, the Allies is actually the Federation, a faction composed of Western European nations at war with the Empire. Gallia is not part of any alliance, they are standalone neutral. Although when you say you are with the Allies, I assume you meant Allies sans Russia, yes?

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 10:14   Link #31
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
lulz just saw the raw...
l couldn't care less for the faldioxalicia but...
OMG the previw alicia's face OMFG!! LULZ!
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 10:19   Link #32
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble slayer545-sama, but if any faction in Valkyria should be compared with National Socialist Germany, it is actually Galia, who adheres to German military standards as opposed to the Empire, who adheres to Russian standards. Never mind that our protagonist has a German name...

That, and if you want to force an Allies comparison on anyone, the Allies is actually the Federation, a faction composed of Western European nations at war with the Empire. Gallia is not part of any alliance, they are standalone neutral. Although when you say you are with the Allies, I assume you meant Allies sans Russia, yes?

- Tak
I have this really really strong feeling that he didn't study his history books right. He probably never heard of the Nazi-Russian pact to split Poland, or the Katyn Massacre :P

But epic episode. I'm surprised there are so many posts here even before subs were out.

I don't get why they had to retreat though, the anime gave me the impression that the empire had an entire battalion there, while there were only 2 Galian squads. A flanking squad of 7 or 8 militia shouldn't be able to take a whole base.
__________________
I hope this meets the requirements...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 12:25   Link #33
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Well, to be fair, the anime has been doing this for the whole time - making a handful of militia overwhelm key imperial army positions, and seemingly with zero casualties on their side no less. Then again i watch this series for the fun characters and their interactions, because the action is not to be taken very seriously here (When they bother to show any that is, not jump between several abrupt shots of "action" without any feel of scope or the situation and call it a day). It is certainly a quite enjoyable and quirky series thus far, but less than commendable when it comes to displaying the actual warfare part.
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 14:54   Link #34
slayer545-sama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
He 'missed' the screenshot after where Ellet is showing forcing Welkin up against a wall.
Yeah I know about that but did not bother. That shot is best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble slayer545-sama, but if any faction in Valkyria should be compared with National Socialist Germany, it is actually Galia, who adheres to German military standards as opposed to the Empire, who adheres to Russian standards. Never mind that our protagonist has a German name...

That, and if you want to force an Allies comparison on anyone, the Allies is actually the Federation, a faction composed of Western European nations at war with the Empire. Gallia is not part of any alliance, they are standalone neutral. Although when you say you are with the Allies, I assume you meant Allies sans Russia, yes?

- Tak
I know all that your saying but I was more specifically referring to Gregor the way he is dressed. I know he uses Russian tactics mixed with perhaps other ones among them German but I still find his behavior more like a NAZI. Allies, yeah in this case we can assume Russians are with Germans because at first they were. No Galia does not have features of German NAZIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I have this really really strong feeling that he didn't study his history books right. He probably never heard of the Nazi-Russian pact to split Poland, or the Katyn Massacre :P

But epic episode. I'm surprised there are so many posts here even before subs were out.

I don't get why they had to retreat though, the anime gave me the impression that the empire had an entire battalion there, while there were only 2 Galian squads. A flanking squad of 7 or 8 militia shouldn't be able to take a whole base.
I have a 90% and higher ranking in History and AM AWARE of all of that. They had to retreat because the army could not get in time to support them. YOU DO NOT SIT LIKE A DUCK only to be shot when all you can have is some fake hope "Oh let's wait the back up will be here soon and then DEAD!" Retreat and find another time for revenge will be a key motivator to me about Gregor wanting pay back.
slayer545-sama is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 16:46   Link #35
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
No Galia does not have features of German NAZIS.
The Gallian people show some anti-Semitism towards the Darcsens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
I know all that your saying but I was more specifically referring to Gregor the way he is dressed. I know he uses Russian tactics mixed with perhaps other ones among them German but I still find his behavior more like a NAZI. Allies, yeah in this case we can assume Russians are with Germans because at first they were.
Gregors Uniform is not equal to that of the Uniforms of the Wehrmacht or the SS Troops. The Uniform he wears remembers more of the Luetzower Freikorps (Black Uniform, Golden Ribbons, and a Red trim (german. Kragenspiegel): http://freenet-homepage.de/AndreasMeininger/Nr158.jpg

Just a small request from my side. You don't need to write too much in capital letters. You have other possibilites to highlight words or sentences.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 17:01   Link #36
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
I know all that your saying but I was more specifically referring to Gregor the way he is dressed. I know he uses Russian tactics mixed with perhaps other ones among them German but I still find his behavior more like a NAZI. Allies, yeah in this case we can assume Russians are with Germans because at first they were. No Galia does not have features of German NAZIS.
I think you are getting way ahead of yourself there trying to associate Gregor or the Empire with national socialism. The fact is, the Empire itself is composed of peoples of various nationalities and territories. That, and Maximillian's generals are not exactly what you would call a "pure stock".

Galia on the other hand, as I mentioned earlier, adheres to the German military standard that prevailed in the 2nd World War. While they may not be political nazis, the Galians certainly have no problems using their hardware.

On the other hand, while nazis sent Jews to camps, the Russians sent Jews to gulags and Siberia, they just get less spotlight because of 1. Russians won the war, and 2. they were worse organizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Gregors Uniform is not equal to that of the Uniforms of the Wehrmacht or the SS Troops. The Uniform he wears remembers more of the Luetzower Freikorps (Black Uniform, Golden Ribbons, and a Red trim (german. Kragenspiegel): http://freenet-homepage.de/AndreasMeininger/Nr158.jpg
Ha, that is what I thought too. Of course, the color scheme is pattered after the three colors of Germany, but that is another story.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 20:38   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Well, given Galia's status as underdogs, they're actually more like Finland than the other major powers.

And let's not kid ourselves: the Poles did have their own pogroms against the Jews. While some are stirred up by the Nazi occupiers, there were plenty who organized these pogroms by themselves.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 20:49   Link #38
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, given Galia's status as underdogs, they're actually more like Finland than the other major powers.
The Gallians certainly sport that aspect. No doubt about it. What they did was in similar veins of what the Finns accomplished in World War II. Although in their case, they did not need to fend off two enemies.

No words can describe Finland's political cunning during World War II. Certainly they found Germany a useful ally during the early stages of the war, but as the war worsened, the Finns managed to keep both Germans and Russians at bay, while survived several military encounters against both of them.

I give them major political props for that maneuver alone. Nobody has yet to pull something like that off.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 20:58   Link #39
slayer545-sama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I think you are getting way ahead of yourself there trying to associate Gregor or the Empire with national socialism. The fact is, the Empire itself is composed of peoples of various nationalities and territories. That, and Maximillian's generals are not exactly what you would call a "pure stock".

Galia on the other hand, as I mentioned earlier, adheres to the German military standard that prevailed in the 2nd World War. While they may not be political nazis, the Galians certainly have no problems using their hardware.

On the other hand, while nazis sent Jews to camps, the Russians sent Jews to gulags and Siberia, they just get less spotlight because of 1. Russians won the war, and 2. they were worse organizers.



Ha, that is what I thought too. Of course, the color scheme is pattered after the three colors of Germany, but that is another story.

- Tak
I do not associate this politically. By Nazis once again I mean attitude, uniform wise like mentioned before. Uniform is not Nazi but it is similar to German military standards and some of them were Nazis not only because of their association but also their attitude that some had even if they were not part of those divisions. This being said that is how I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The Gallians certainly sport that aspect. No doubt about it. What they did was in similar veins of what the Finns accomplished in World War II. Although in their case, they did not need to fend off two enemies.

No words can describe Finland's political cunning during World War II. Certainly they found Germany a useful ally during the early stages of the war, but as the war worsened, the Finns managed to keep both Germans and Russians at bay, while survived several military encounters against both of them.

I give them major political props for that maneuver alone. Nobody has yet to pull something like that off.

- Tak
Great courage is also recognized but Poland also gave a good resistance (better than France at least!).
slayer545-sama is offline  
Old 2009-05-03, 20:58   Link #40
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
However, it should be noted that while the Finns did inflict heavy losses on the Soviets, in the aftermath of the Winter and Continuation War, they had to concede a significant amount of territory, although they retained their independence.

Let's see how Galia handles this threat.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-03 at 21:12.
yezhanquan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.