AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-11-12, 03:56   Link #401
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

So I have a Squier Fat-strat, you know, the H-S-S kind?
Im planning to replace the bridge pickup with something else. Mind to give advice of what should I get?
MagnaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:10   Link #402
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaDrake View Post
So I have a Squier Fat-strat, you know, the H-S-S kind?
Im planning to replace the bridge pickup with something else. Mind to give advice of what should I get?
Quite frankly I would invest your money into a better quality guitar than a Squire Strat. A Squire is good for beginners to play with but when your start your quest for "Tone", you should start with a good guitar. Even a Made in Mexico Strat is a great guitar that usually people always change out the electronics in it, then they become just about the same level as a Made in USA Strat.

But if you really want to change out the pickups, there are really just 2 companies to to look at, Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan.

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/
http://www.seymourduncan.com/

Look at their websites and take a listen to all their demos to give you a hint of the tone you want...
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 01:37   Link #403
Recette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
people you guys need to get Beats By Dr Dre Pros! I just bought a pair at bestbuy and The Album Houkago Tea Time II sounds so good! like perfect, it sound soo different from a normal pair of headphones/earphones. Mio's Bass guitar actually stands alot out now and everything else sounds so clear! add this to your holiday wish list!!
I'm hesitant.

I didn't try the pros, but I'm a bit wary of the Beats line. It might have been the demo music, but I did not like the bass at all. People have said good things about them once they used it for their own music, however, so it just might be that the demo music sucks. Another one was plugged into a laptop, and I took a listen, and it definitely didn't shine well in regards to orchestral stuff. And as far as studio-recoding 'phones go, they don't seem to have anywhere close to the neutrality you'd look for in recording 'phones.

Apparently, the Pros address the bass, and fix that up, but at $400, it's like, man. You've got a lot more variety and selection at that price range to match your tastes, and I can't help but feel that quite a bit of the money is spent on just the name when it comes to Dr Dre's.

Grado's line gets a ton of love in regards to rock, and gets a ton of compliments for their "bang-for-buck-ness".
Recette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 04:27   Link #404
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
^ Yeah, I agree with this. For $400 you could afford AKG, Bose, or Sennheiser headphones, which are a far better investment. Well, all these have their lower quality headphones as well^^

But, if you're willing to spend a good amount anyways, AKG 702 headphones are around $320, Bose QuietComfort are about $350, and for pure joy for your ears (and pain for your wallet), Sennheiser HD 800 goes for $1400, while the Grado PS1000 goes for $1700. Those Grado headphones are ridiculously expensive yes, but it's like carrying a mixing studio on your head. The quality. IS. AMAZING.
Old 2010-11-22, 21:31   Link #405
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
^ Yeah, I agree with this. For $400 you could afford AKG, Bose, or Sennheiser headphones, which are a far better investment. Well, all these have their lower quality headphones as well^^

But, if you're willing to spend a good amount anyways, AKG 702 headphones are around $320, Bose QuietComfort are about $350, and for pure joy for your ears (and pain for your wallet), Sennheiser HD 800 goes for $1400, while the Grado PS1000 goes for $1700. Those Grado headphones are ridiculously expensive yes, but it's like carrying a mixing studio on your head. The quality. IS. AMAZING.
^ I agree I own both pairs of Bose QuietComfort 3 and Beats Pro but after a month of use, I too was hesitant about the Beats Line just because my $20 Sony Earphone is basically in par with there $200 Beats Earphones and the $100 Apple Earphones.

What I REALLY like about Bose over the beats is that Bose Produces a really crisp noise, plus the sound cancellation and non sound leaking is better on the bose, I really like the Beats Bro for its Bass and nice noise, but both are good The Beats Pro got a HUGE and a BIG STEP upgrade from the studios, fixed the major errors and corrected the Highs,Lows, and the plus built in amp, the thing is made out of aluminium and is VERY built to last
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-11-22 at 21:56.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:57   Link #406
Ferny
:D

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I have a question: Does anyone have a guitar just like Yui's? (Either the Honey Sunburst in the manga or the Cherry Sunburst from the anime, doesn't matter which.) Are they good guitars? 'Cause I was thinking about getting one, but they're almost impossible to find where I live, and the cheapest one was around $4000 USD.

I actually saw a guitar today that's a Peavey, but it looks almost exactly like Yui's guitar, and I tried it out; it sounds really good. It's brand-new, and costs $260 USD, so I was maybe thinking about getting that one instead. Here's a link to it on the Peavey website: http://www.peavey.com/products/brows...0/SCSeries.cfm

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm fairly new to guitar and I'm pretty sure I don't have the knowledge to make this kind of decision myself. Basically, I'd love to have the actual Les Paul, but if the Peavey is a good guitar, then I'll get it since I'm having to buy a guitar with my own money, and it's much cheaper.
Old 2010-12-03, 21:12   Link #407
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I have a question: Does anyone have a guitar just like Yui's? (Either the Honey Sunburst in the manga or the Cherry Sunburst from the anime, doesn't matter which.) Are they good guitars? 'Cause I was thinking about getting one, but they're almost impossible to find where I live, and the cheapest one was around $4000 USD.

I actually saw a guitar today that's a Peavey, but it looks almost exactly like Yui's guitar, and I tried it out; it sounds really good. It's brand-new, and costs $260 USD, so I was maybe thinking about getting that one instead. Here's a link to it on the Peavey website: http://www.peavey.com/products/brows...0/SCSeries.cfm

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm fairly new to guitar and I'm pretty sure I don't have the knowledge to make this kind of decision myself. Basically, I'd love to have the actual Les Paul, but if the Peavey is a good guitar, then I'll get it since I'm having to buy a guitar with my own money, and it's much cheaper.
I don't have any experience with the Peavey, but it looks pretty decent. Personally, my money is on the Epiphone Les Pauls. They're extremely high-quality guitars for the price.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 05:17   Link #408
Recette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny View Post

I haven't had experience with Peavey guitars, but I've had experience with the Agile line from rondomusic.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000csb.html

I've actually only used the AL-3000s, so I can't say much about the 2000's, but from what I've seen, people give them generally good marks as well. Search and read around and see what you think.

Rondomusic's got an amazing return policy, but consider buying a case with it too, so Kurt can ship it inside the case for minimal potential for damage. The Agile clones are a much closer match to the LP form than Peavey's, but also consider that you're essentially buying without trying if you go this route, which can be a problem if you aren't sure what to look for.
Recette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:46   Link #409
Prince Kuku

Why I can't play the fuwa fuwa time I've been practicing this but can't see any improvements. Im having a problem in switching fingers can't switch fast (. Any tips there guys (
Prince Kuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 01:48   Link #410
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kuku View Post
Why I can't play the fuwa fuwa time I've been practicing this but can't see any improvements. Im having a problem in switching fingers can't switch fast (. Any tips there guys (
You're gonna have to be more specific for us to help you. What part of the song is giving you trouble? Have you tried drilling that part repeatedly? If you're still learning the basics (finger strengthening, chord shapes, etc.), are you practicing those?
Old 2010-12-07, 06:55   Link #411
Prince Kuku

Sad to say both strumming and finger switching don't know if its my big hand or just lack of practice. Yeah Im practicing those lessons even the chromatic scale. ( I wanna play it now (
Old 2010-12-07, 12:31   Link #412
Bolt237

Quote:
Sad to say both strumming and finger switching don't know if its my big hand or just lack of practice. Yeah Im practicing those lessons even the chromatic scale. ( I wanna play it now (
It's gonna take time and practice. Practice it slowly and correctly at first, it's better than trying to play at full speed and messing up. just keep at it, it will happen.
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 11:26   Link #413
Sides

Quote:
If your playing the guitar bit, scales are not necessary at all, if you check out the tabs and chord sheets, you will notice you just need to slide your fretting hand most of the time. Honestly, get someone to show you how to play guitar, you sound like a impatient kid. Your question has nothing to do with instruments, does it?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 13:41   Link #414
trenton_dawn
Silt

Now that I think about it, which tab are you using? The unofficial tab off Ultimate Guitar is quite a bit easier than its official counterpart--it uses simpler chord shapes.
Old 2010-12-19, 16:19   Link #415
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
Now that I think about it, which tab are you using? The unofficial tab off Ultimate Guitar is quite a bit easier than its official counterpart--it uses simpler chord shapes.
Not too sure about ultimate guitars tab, but most of the time the official score sheets, especially with k-on scores included with the band score CDs, are easier to play/understand, since some interpretation includes accentuation or mixes rhythm with lead guitar, which is difficult for some people to comprehend.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 03:17   Link #416
Prince Kuku

Quote:
you sound like a impatient kid
Hmmm, stubborn kid to be exact . I played for years though for that years I just play 2 times a month or once . So I guess that was the answer for my own question "Lack Of Practice", isn't it? . But the thing is I tried to play the Fuwa Fuwa Time slowly yes I can barely managed it with a slow tempo, however everytime Im listening to that players who plays well, its make me crave to play faster . And oh, when im increasing the tempo, there was a time wherein my fingers getting scrambled , freezing in some frets .
Old 2010-12-22, 15:12   Link #417
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Send a message via Skype™ to Otaku Guy
x6
lmao
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 16:50   Link #418
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Hmmm, stubborn kid to be exact . I played for years though for that years I just play 2 times a month or once . So I guess that was the answer for my own question "Lack Of Practice", isn't it? . But the thing is I tried to play the Fuwa Fuwa Time slowly yes I can barely managed it with a slow tempo, however everytime Im listening to that players who plays well, its make me crave to play faster . And oh, when im increasing the tempo, there was a time wherein my fingers getting scrambled , freezing in some frets .
lol as they say, if you only practice slowly then you won't develop the ability to play at normal speed. Obviously you need to spend some of your time to practice at faster speeds too. But just because slow practice doesn't solve every problem doesn't mean it doesn't have its place.

slow but go at a pace
Learn the fingerings of new chords, scales or passages
Show if your mind and fingers really know where they're going next
Identify weaknesses in your finger movements and technique
Practice optimal movements from one position to another
Memorise a series of chords and notes to learn a piece of music by heart
Notice things around the chords or notes you play, e.g. see how musical elements relate to one another

As for me, I started wayyy at the basics. Guitar Sheet music, and music Theorie. Bro you need to play more then two times a month force your self to play 3-4 times a week for 1-3 hours or more. Play at your own pace. the pay off is great at the end
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-12-22 at 18:55.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 23:24   Link #419
Prince Kuku

Quote:
slow but go at a pace
Learn the fingerings of new chords, scales or passages
Show if your mind and fingers really know where they're going next
Identify weaknesses in your finger movements and technique
Practice optimal movements from one position to another
Memorise a series of chords and notes to learn a piece of music by heart
Notice things around the chords or notes you play, e.g. see how musical elements relate to one another
Thanks for the heartwarming words there bro. . BTW I think I found a song that might be capable of to play and that is "Scandal Baby" by Scandal. From the start I get hang of it the only problem is the adliv . But yep I'm going to practice as much as I can.
Old 2011-01-01, 01:19   Link #420
Frizo
Say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayasa View Post
Oh wow. Seems like the world of musical instruments is hard . O.O I mean , with all those tuning and stuff , the caring. + a teacher huh? Is it possible to learn online? :P

Well , I'll see what happens. I have a major exam coming up and plan to buy an instrument later. . STUDY STUDY!
Tuning = Pretty easy task. Takes all of 5 minutes after the first few times.

The caring = Change the stings every few months and don't leave it out in the rain.

Teacher = None needed. In fact, you learn faster if you teach yourself. I have been playing a total of 6 days and I can play a half-decent slow version of Don't say 'Lazy'. With teachers you go through an entire lesson learning the frets. Then the next tuning. Then the next chords. Then (maybe) playing. It takes forever.

Learning online = Teach yourself! I think I am doing pretty well for a bassist who has played for 6 days. Guitar should be relatively similar, if you wanna learn that.
Frizo is offline   Reply With Quote