AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-05-06, 01:29   Link #21
Jays

It's surprising how in the manga they don't even show Arivama getting beheaded, all you got were small panels of shooting blood - from the neck - and an image showing a third of his head with no eyes and some blood. I was surprised that they did actually show the beheading, seeing his head roll off, but in reality, if this is ok, to show a sillohuet of someone getting their heads lopped off, then why can't you show a sillohuet of the blood? In fact, I think it would make more sense because really seeing his head roll off like that was kind of :|

This was an ok episode, I don't understand the choice in tacking on that extra minute or so of Arivama getting up again, when I think it detracts from what the ending should have been, couldn't they just have instead done something less crummy than that? I knew they had to force it to fit an entire episode, but seriously, it ruined the ending.

Last edited by monir; 2009-05-06 at 14:33. Reason: hints are spoiler too
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 03:00   Link #22
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Hisagi fan(girls) should be happy with the next episode
Who says you need to be a girl to be a Hisagi fan?

As for the episode I liked it, it explained alot about kira and how he thinks. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2009-05-06, 03:06   Link #23
Jerseykid

I am impressed, they actually let someone get their head chopped off. It saved the otherwise terrible episode.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 03:13   Link #24
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*gasp* recap didn't hit the 3 minute mark
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 03:22   Link #25
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike101 View Post
I guess that each has his own strenght and weaknesses ,
Yeh that's true.
How much I wouldn't like to admit it but in filler arc with Bounto, Hitsugaya really was the only one who could take out that big dude with iron doll. Since metal freezes and brakes.

Same would go for Mabashi, the only one who I can imagine being able to fight him would be Mayuri since he and Soi Fon can do antidotes.

So yeh,every character is good at right place and time although there still are strengh differences. If Ichigo and Tousen would fight on swords without Tousen doing bankai,Ichigo would win. But if Tousen goes bankai, Ichigo is doomed.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 03:33   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Didn't expect to see the end uncensored
that was clearly an american football

and can't wait for the next couple eps :3
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 03:45   Link #27
kitten320

I wonder when will they put in fillers =/
The most logical answer would be right before Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight... although they have changed the opening so maybe there won't be any fillers after all... I will be really suprised then! But in good way
Old 2009-05-06, 04:35   Link #28
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

couple spoilers in this thread already minor though they are :P

well looks like fried chicken for the Gotei 13...I can see the portrait now...Kira comes back with the bird and Yama-jii cooks it up over his zanpaku-to...finger lickin' good...as for the ep...well we got treated to Kira once again explaining how Wabisuke works, as if we did not know already sheesh...the first 18 minutes gets a 3 out of 10 but the last 2 get a 7 out of 10...

I was thinking a great effect would have been for the head that was cut off to transform back to humanoid shape whilst falling...it would have been a nice touch imho

Last edited by Mitsuomi1971; 2009-05-06 at 05:24.
Mitsuomi1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 05:51   Link #29
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Oooo... a decapitation video. Bleach is on the right track. The tapes should surface any minute now... teh-heh.

Kira is pure anti-shounen. His very existence screams despondency and despair. Even his last line after the beheading, prior to sheathing his sword, he says,
"sayonara, sora no senshi. deki re ba boku wo... yuresa nai de hoshi." rough translation: "good bye warrior of the sky. If possible, do not forgive me."
This is one seriously sorry dude who is standing on the ledge, contemplating the last moments of his thoughts, right before the inevitable step on the air is taken to his subsequent self-inflicted doom. Just in case I've lost a reader, I'm saying he is suicidal. If Kira is measured by an emo-gauge, I'm sure it will read, "he is over 9000!" Yay! I've inserted a popular saying in my post without losing relevancy.

This is one of the most anti-climactic Bleach episode I've seen in a while. The music was just as terrible. Why do they insist on torturing with those horrible noises composed in those filler/anime-original arc is beyond me. Ummm.. never mind.. I got it. Torturing is fun.

Preview for the next episode promises some good movements and background art. I don't think I've seen mr. 69 in any fight, so his ability should be something new to look forward to.

P.S. Kira's ability, while it is unique, it has too many weak points, especially from an enemy who already knows what that ability might be. As long as his opponent doesn't get hit, Kira's attacks are limited to his kidou/hadou. Match up also may cause problem as demonstrated in his fight against Matsumoto. Kira is lucky his opponent wasn't Charlotte.
His sword in a bankai like form would be really impressive to see I imagine. Give Kira some speed, a shunpo as fast as Byakuya, and there he goes. Not only adding weight to his opponents with each strike, but increasing that weight at a very fast pace due to his newfound speed. Anyhow, when it comes to Kira's morals, he usually respects the fact that the division isn't meant for killing people; However, when it revolves around his former captain, Gin, Kira turns into somebody else. Kind of like an avenger.
Old 2009-05-06, 07:06   Link #30
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Kira is a cold blooded mother fu-

n loving fellow.
Old 2009-05-06, 07:29   Link #31
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Kira kicks so much ass. I loved it in the manga, I love it in the anime. One of the best episodes in a while.

I hope that Kira becomes the 3rd Squad's Captain one day. That would be so awesome.
Old 2009-05-06, 07:31   Link #32
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Kira kicks so much ass. I loved it in the manga, I love it in the anime. One of the best episodes in a while.

I hope that Kira becomes the 3rd Squad's Captain one day. That would be so awesome.
He has a lot of chances
right now he needs only bankai for that purpose
Old 2009-05-06, 07:37   Link #33
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I dunno, seems like all the popular characters already have bankai, its just when they really need to use it, which he hasn't really had the need to.
Old 2009-05-06, 07:41   Link #34
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I dunno, seems like all the popular characters already have bankai, its just when they really need to use it, which he hasn't really had the need to.
Well yumichka doesn't seem to have one... Renji trained in order to reach it...
Actually if Kira had bankai, he could use it against Matsumoto in SS arc.
Old 2009-05-06, 07:47   Link #35
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

He probably wasn't as wound up about it all as say Hitsugaya. Besides, he likes Matsumoto to a degree. We don't know about Yumichika, he also didn't need to use it. Chances are it's also kidou based so I'm guessing he'd have to be in another rose bush with someone stronger than Metro sexual man to need to use it.
Old 2009-05-06, 07:51   Link #36
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
He probably wasn't as wound up about it all as say Hitsugaya. Besides, he likes Matsumoto to a degree. We don't know about Yumichika, he also didn't need to use it. Chances are it's also kidou based so I'm guessing he'd have to be in another rose bush with someone stronger than Metro sexual man to need to use it.
Well with Kubo everything is possibel
Maybe one day we will see Yoruichi go bankai without a sword
Old 2009-05-06, 07:52   Link #37
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Didn't expect to see the end uncensored
I get the impression that censors are much more forgiving when the target of violence is an animal-like monster.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 07:54   Link #38
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I've noticed that too. Hollows are the target of major (tv friendly?) disembowelment in Bleach.
Old 2009-05-06, 09:30   Link #39
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
seems next episode'll have a quite nice animation

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 10:03   Link #40
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I seriously lol'd at the miraffe joke in the preview. Tried it with a family member and she said Giraffe too xD

Also I like Kira more now than I did in the SS arc :3