AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-26, 15:35   Link #381
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
I think it would be perfect for Shirley to have a Geass that forces people to tell the truth. It's realistic for a Geass. Hell, if Lelouche's makes people obey him then a truth Geass would be not too far off. It would certainly make for an interesting plot, if she made Lelouche tell her the truth about everything in her memory that she erased (had orange never come along).
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 20:16   Link #382
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbon Zakura View Post
I think it would be perfect for Shirley to have a Geass that forces people to tell the truth. It's realistic for a Geass. Hell, if Lelouche's makes people obey him then a truth Geass would be not too far off. It would certainly make for an interesting plot, if she made Lelouche tell her the truth about everything in her memory that she erased (had orange never come along).
This Geass seems a bit restricted in its use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

LOL, anyway this reminds of an idea for a fanfic idea I once had for a direct sequel to Code Geass. The premise was that a new villain had the power of Geass which, upon activation, subjected a person to horrible visions of their worst nightmares and eventually the person would die. However, his ultimate goal was to evolve his Geass so that, while his left eye would subject a person to nightmares, his right eye would trap them in a fantasy world of true bliss, making their deepest desires come to life (but it was all in their heads) In the end he would try to Geass the whole world so they were trapped in this blissful fantasy.

Back on topic, if Shirley did get a Geass I'd think it would be something very beneficial, like maybe a Geass of healing or one that could purge evil thoughts. Or, in an act of tragic irony (not unusual for her ) it would be a terrible horrific power.
Well, imagine Shirley having the Lotus Eater Machine Geass initially, which then evolves to include the nightmare one. Having the powers of Refrain within an eye... Kallen would have issues if she ever finds out.
Old 2009-05-26, 20:19   Link #383
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
This Geass seems a bit restricted in its use.
Not necessarily. It might take out some plot twists but then again it might add some. You never know.
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 21:07   Link #384
Sol Falling

How about just giving Shirley a reincarnation geass (??? Maybe like Marianne's, but better?). The idea of Shirley having some sort of offensive geass doesn't really work for me; I don't think Shirley's someone who would have used 'power' to try to change the world.

The idea of Shirley having minor immortality is somehow awesome, but I now that I think about it it might be overpowered given the point of the Code. Alternatively, then, how about a 'sleep' Geass -- able to just render anyone to come to a halt. I think this would support Shirley's 'protector' and 'reconciliator' tendencies.
Yuri Kuma Arashi 24/5 :: Kancolle 24/5 :: Koufuku Graffiti 80/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 21:22   Link #385
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Isn't that last Geass a little like Rolo's?
Old 2009-05-26, 21:25   Link #386
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Isn't that last Geass a little like Rolo's?
Presumably knocking someone out wouldn't entail her heart shutting down.
Old 2009-05-26, 21:40   Link #387
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
We already have shots of her with eyebags and the other works; we certainly don't need those again.

Still, I think a Lotus Eater Machine Geass would be interesting for her, although I'm pretty sure that Kallen would slap her because of it. Great way of dealing with Mao and Rolo.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:32   Link #388
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well, imagine Shirley having the Lotus Eater Machine Geass initially, which then evolves to include the nightmare one. Having the powers of Refrain within an eye... Kallen would have issues if she ever finds out.
Hey, you taught me a new term But yeah, that's a perfect way to describe it is a Lotus Eater Machine. Personally though, I really can't see Shirley having or using this Geass. There's a lot of ethical dilemmas involved and it tears the victim away from reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
How about just giving Shirley a reincarnation geass (??? Maybe like Marianne's, but better?). The idea of Shirley having some sort of offensive geass doesn't really work for me; I don't think Shirley's someone who would have used 'power' to try to change the world.

The idea of Shirley having minor immortality is somehow awesome, but I now that I think about it it might be overpowered given the point of the Code. Alternatively, then, how about a 'sleep' Geass -- able to just render anyone to come to a halt. I think this would support Shirley's 'protector' and 'reconciliator' tendencies.
Hmm, this reminds me of another Geass idea I had where the user can bring a person back to life. After a person dies, and as long as their body is still intact, the Geass user can bring them back to life as the Geass brings new life into them. Those who are affected always have red rings in their eyes indicating they are living their "second life". If they die again, however, they can't be brought back again. It's only good for a one time use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Also, the basic principle behind Rolo's geass is that it distorts a person's sense of time. A sleep geass, presumably, wouldn't alter their perception of time, it would just inhibit them or knock them unconscious.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 22:57   Link #389
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Hey, you taught me a new term But yeah, that's a perfect way to describe it is a Lotus Eater Machine. Personally though, I really can't see Shirley having or using this Geass. There's a lot of ethical dilemmas involved and it tears the victim away from reality.

Hmm, this reminds me of another Geass idea I had where the user can bring a person back to life. After a person dies, and as long as their body is still intact, the Geass user can bring them back to life as the Geass brings new life into them. Those who are affected always have red rings in their eyes indicating they are living their "second life". If they die again, however, they can't be brought back again. It's only good for a one time use.
The second Geass reminds me of Pushing Daisies, somehow. We could have the dead person coming back to life as long as the head's attached (ouch if you have limbs missing). One use-only. Already, I can see her raising one last person before she dies, either from an accident or something like that.

The Geass which literally freezes people in time would be interesting, but gets easily unmasked by people like Lelouch.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:02   Link #390
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
The second Geass reminds me of Pushing Daisies, somehow. We could have the dead person coming back to life as long as the head's attached (ouch if you have limbs missing). One use-only. Already, I can see her raising one last person before she dies, either from an accident or something like that.

The Geass which literally freezes people in time would be interesting, but gets easily unmasked by people like Lelouch.
And the last person she saw was Lelouch... man, that'd play hell with Zero Requiem, wouldn't it? But I can see it happening. Shirley casts that one last Geass on him, so that he could come back again if someone kills him before he can accomplish his goal.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:05   Link #391
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And the last person she saw was Lelouch... man, that'd play hell with Zero Requiem, wouldn't it? But I can see it happening. Shirley casts that one last Geass on him, so that he could come back again if someone kills him before he can accomplish his goal.
Or Lelouch holding up her pocket mirror and asking her to revive herself. You can trust Lelouch to do this kind of stuff.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:09   Link #392
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Oh, well actually my idea was that the person would already be dead before she used her Geass, but I guess that could work too. I mean, it's all just speculation, right?

Oh, and as for Pushing Daisies. Eh, it was kind of weird for me. Never could get into it.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:13   Link #393
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The Geass can lie dormant within a person, activating when the situation calles for it. We see it with Suzaku.

Again, did we mention that it would be odd to see Shirley with the "Geass activation" stare?
Old 2009-05-26, 23:20   Link #394
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Again, did we mention that it would be odd to see Shirley with the "Geass activation" stare?
I desire pictures of such now.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:21   Link #395
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
The Geass can lie dormant within a person, activating when the situation calles for it. We see it with Suzaku.

Indeed, that is true. Hmm, perhaps it could work both ways.

Now that I'm thinking about it, yeah I guess that would be kinda weird. I don't think it would be as menacing as Lelouch though.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:24   Link #396
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Indeed, that is true. Hmm, perhaps it could work both ways.

Now that I'm thinking about it, yeah I guess that would be kinda weird. I don't think it would be as menacing as Lelouch though.
I disagree. There are plenty of instances in anime where a female character gives a much more intimidating stare than a male character. And, considering such circumstances the Geass usually comes into play, Shirley wouldn't have a happy expression on her face. I can picture it in my mind, and it is creepy as hell.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:26   Link #397
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I disagree. There are plenty of instances in anime where a female character gives a much more intimidating stare than a male character. And, considering such circumstances the Geass usually comes into play, Shirley wouldn't have a happy expression on her face. I can picture it in my mind, and it is creepy as hell.
Hmm, you may have a point. I too very much desire a picture of this.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:35   Link #398
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Depends on the nature of the Geass. If you're talking about the one with nightmares, yeah, it would be scary. But, the "revive" Geass doesn't need her to be scary during activation. Stern, maybe, but not scary.

The image I'm having in my mind is something like Lelouch in the aftermath of Euphie being Geassed: tears streaming from her eye as she pronounces something terrible (and against her true feelings).
Old 2009-05-27, 01:22   Link #399
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Depends on the nature of the Geass. If you're talking about the one with nightmares, yeah, it would be scary. But, the "revive" Geass doesn't need her to be scary during activation. Stern, maybe, but not scary.

The image I'm having in my mind is something like Lelouch in the aftermath of Euphie being Geassed: tears streaming from her eye as she pronounces something terrible (and against her true feelings).
Aww, poor Shirley Seriously, get me a fan artist. Stat!

Hmm, now that we've thought about what kind of Geass Shirley would have, who do you think she would get the Geass from and what kind of contract would she have? Well, since there's only two code bearers that we know of (C.C. and V.V.) I'd assume it would have to be C.C. but what their contract would be, I don't know.
Old 2009-05-27, 02:31   Link #400
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I always thought that to expand the number of Geass users tied to C.C., we have to change her personality a little. She's now more playful in the trickster way, akin to Loki (but not to the same extent). She wants to see how others who are in love would use the Geass to help their loved ones. (essentially what Lelouch was doing in the original series anyway, Mao to a certain extent.) In Shirley's case, she just wants to be less of a prick, since Mao was the one who gave the Mind Screw lecture.