AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-28, 23:40   Link #441
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, this has been debated before and I don't really wanna go down that road again. Yes, I understand Lelouch had his reasons for doing that, but it doesn't change the fact that it pisses me off.
Wasn't around for that debate.

Anyways, out of curiosity, what would you say Lelouch should have done? Told Rolo he overreacted?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 23:43   Link #442
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Wasn't around for that debate.

Anyways, out of curiosity, what would you say Lelouch should have done? Told Rolo he overreacted?
Well, he could have politely scolded him for turning to killing again without setting the kid off.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 23:45   Link #443
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Wasn't around for that debate.

Anyways, out of curiosity, what would you say Lelouch should have done? Told Rolo he overreacted?
I'm not saying he should have done anything different. I'm just saying that the fact that he (had to) do it pisses me off.

But for the sake of argument, I have stated in the past that if Rolo came back into the room a bit sooner we would have seen the Turn 19 event a lot earlier. And hell, why not? He could have cussed Rolo out. Rolo didn't kill him when he did it in Turn 19 (of course Lelouch had no way of knowing he wouldn't, which I'll admit) Or even better, he could have just Geassed Rolo to die right there on the spot.

EDIT: That's a good one too morbos
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 00:02   Link #444
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
If Lelouch were to Geass him to die on the spot, and I have considered the possibility in the past, isn't there the threat of Rolo using his Geass on Lelouch before Lelouch could use his on Rolo, or do you think Rolo trusted him too much not to do such a thing?

Besides, he was still using him in order to locate and destroy the Geass Directorate, even though Jeremiah, who had come directly from there, had just been recruited over to Lelouch's side.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 00:36   Link #445
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
If Lelouch were to Geass him to die on the spot, and I have considered the possibility in the past, isn't there the threat of Rolo using his Geass on Lelouch before Lelouch could use his on Rolo, or do you think Rolo trusted him too much not to do such a thing?
Are you kidding? This is the guy who, after having his "older brother" cuss him out he still insisted that Lelouch loved him and that he was lying. I really don't think Rolo considered the possibility. Anyway, as far as Rolo responding with his Geass, if it's a battle of Geass whoever gets in first wins. All Lelouch has to do is make eye contact and quickly give the command.

Quote:
Besides, he was still using him in order to locate and destroy the Geass Directorate, even though Jeremiah, who had come directly from there, had just been recruited over to Lelouch's side.
I would hardly say Rolo has absolutely necessary in that operation, not to mention the others that came after.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 00:37   Link #446
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Yeah, I always thought Lelouch (having to) say he approved of Rolo's actions afterwards was really kicking her when she was down, adding insult to injury. Like there was nothing they wouldn't do to her. Made me angry too.

Now that I think about it, if Jeremiah had just been near enough to stop anything risky, Lelouch totally could and should have given Rolo the reality check he got in 19 then and there. Then Lelouch could have proceeded to lock Rolo in a box to 'punish' him, but released him to fight under pretenses of 'redeeming himself' and still gone through with his 'surprise kamikaze' plan unchanged.

lol, sorry. It seems this is just me going off on my 'Rolo didn't deserve a chance at redemption' sentiment again.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 00:54   Link #447
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Yeah, I always thought Lelouch (having to) say he approved of Rolo's actions afterwards was really kicking her when she was down, adding insult to injury. Like there was nothing they wouldn't do to her. Made me angry too.

Now that I think about it, if Jeremiah had just been near enough to stop anything risky, Lelouch totally could and should have given Rolo the reality check he got in 19 then and there. Then Lelouch could have proceeded to lock Rolo in a box to 'punish' him, but released him to fight under pretenses of 'redeeming himself' and still gone through with his 'surprise kamikaze' plan unchanged.

lol, sorry. It seems this is just me going off on my 'Rolo didn't deserve a chance at redemption' sentiment again.
Ha ha, it's all right. I think part of being a Shirley fan is having anywhere from a mild resentment to an absolute hatred of Rolo.

Anyway, that's a good speculation (even if the Rolo bashing is a bit over the top ) unfortunately Lelouch had no way of knowing the Shirley incident was going to come up after talking with Jeremiah, so he really couldn't have him around at that point. Still, he could have used him at a later time.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 01:25   Link #448
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Well, iunno. Where did Lelouch send Jeremiah after recruiting him? I'm just thinking, if Lelouch had just had Jeremiah accompany him down the stairs, Lelouch could have raged at Rolo all he wanted.

(lol or maybe on that note, transfer some of his cyborg invincibility (somehow, though preferably no machine parts please~) into Shirley to keep her alive. Wow, this is pretty messed up; instead of Geass Shirley, how about anti-Geass Shirley? That would so totally fit her too.)
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 01:34   Link #449
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, iunno. Where did Lelouch send Jeremiah after recruiting him? I'm just thinking, if Lelouch had just had Jeremiah accompany him down the stairs, Lelouch could have raged at Rolo all he wanted.

(lol or maybe on that note, transfer some of his cyborg invincibility (somehow, though preferably no machine parts please~) into Shirley to keep her alive. Wow, this is pretty messed up; instead of Geass Shirley, how about anti-Geass Shirley? That would so totally fit her too.)
Somehow, I doubt Shirley would get better without turning her into Terminatrix.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 01:46   Link #450
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, iunno. Where did Lelouch send Jeremiah after recruiting him? I'm just thinking, if Lelouch had just had Jeremiah accompany him down the stairs, Lelouch could have raged at Rolo all he wanted.

(lol or maybe on that note, transfer some of his cyborg invincibility (somehow, though preferably no machine parts please~) into Shirley to keep her alive. Wow, this is pretty messed up; instead of Geass Shirley, how about anti-Geass Shirley? That would so totally fit her too.)
A cyborg-geass Shirley? God please, lets not destroy our precious angel any further (seriously, I think I'd prefer death).

Hmm, okay now that I've gotten over the initial shock....well, the mind does wander. I guess that could work. I mean, they do experiment with artificial organs these days. Just no machine parts on the outside please.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 01:55   Link #451
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
The Body Horror from a Geass would be enough to make her cry. I can't imagine if she gets accessories like Orange-sama.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:24   Link #452
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
To be honest, Jeremiah turned out to be pretty damn cool-looking once he was completed and tuned up. I don't think Shirley would look horrific if the same had happened to her. I'd prefer if she stayed 100% natural human, but the idea of Shirley in her own Geass Cyborg outfit does sound rather interesting.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:26   Link #453
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
I just find his Geass canceller attachment a little funny-looking. No doubt the team would be able to make it smaller for her.

I think of this version of her as a "clockwork angel".
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-10-14 at 20:15.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:26   Link #454
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Jeremiah lost his sanity after the cyborgization though. I'd hate to see what all that would do to poor Shirley.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:29   Link #455
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Jeremiah lost his sanity after the cyborgization though. I'd hate to see what all that would do to poor Shirley.
His final form was largely ok. After all, orange farm = love.

Still, unless there is some water-proofing, she would never be able to enjoy a dip in the pool again.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:36   Link #456
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Jeremiah lost his sanity after the cyborgization though. I'd hate to see what all that would do to poor Shirley.
He lost his sanity because he was incomplete. They weren't finished adjusting him and he had been awakened prematurely. Hearing the voice of the man who had put him through all sorts of hell only sealed the deal.

And as stated, after some time and his adjustments completed, Jeremiah was fairly stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Still, unless there is some water-proofing, she would never be able to enjoy a dip in the pool again.
He didn't have any problems coming out of that tank full of liquid back in S1. I daresay the cyborgs are waterproof.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:40   Link #457
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be honest, Jeremiah turned out to be pretty damn cool-looking once he was completed and tuned up. I don't think Shirley would look horrific if the same had happened to her. I'd prefer if she stayed 100% natural human, but the idea of Shirley in her own Geass Cyborg outfit does sound rather interesting.
Wow, you guys are being quite open to this idea. Hmm, I still feel kind of uncomfortable about the idea of 1/3 (or any amount) of her body being metal machinery, but I guess it could redesigned to suit her. It doesn't have to look just like Jeremiah's. And yeah, Jeremiah's cyborg outfit was pretty cool, or maybe his badass loyalty just made it seem that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Jeremiah lost his sanity after the cyborgization though. I'd hate to see what all that would do to poor Shirley.
Well, cyborgization combined with his obsession of killing Zero. As I just said, it was only after his cyborgization that he became a total badass. It would depend on the circumstances, but I think Shirley could accept it. I'm sure she'd be quite happy to be alive.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:41   Link #458
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Still, it would be very weird to see her in the pool after her ... enhancements. For one, she is going to leave the best swimmers in the dust if she goes all out.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:42   Link #459
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Still, it would be very weird to see her in the pool after her ... enhancements. For one, she is going to leave the best swimmers in the dust if she goes all out.
Haha, true. And she'd look badass doing it, too. As for her appearance, I don't think so. Any facial additions like Jeremiah's might look out of place, but the cyborgs generally retain a human body. I mean, just look at Jeremiah in the epilogue.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 02:43   Link #460
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
mm, if I remember correctly, Jeremiah's cyborg form was based on research on the Code, right? Geass immunity, the ability to interface with orange ball mecha (damnit, I keep forgetting its name. Sutherland Sieg?), etc. Iunno, the point of 'cyborg-ifying' Shirley wouldn't have been to give her powers, though, just to keep her alive, so there's no reason they'd have to go all the way or anything. I think even just an immunity to geass (i.e. Code bearers, minus the immortality) would have made Shirley pretty badass (specially given all Geass had done to her! I remember from the old romance threads someone once pointed out that Shirley's the only one to have been hit by all of them, wasn't she? Mao, Lelouch, Charles, Rolo. Actually wait, Lelouch got all of them too; only Shirley got anti-Geassed too, though.).
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.