AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-06, 21:33   Link #1081
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Final PD? When will that happen? That's unfortunate that Shirley most likely won't be with the rest of the cast. They should at least put her in the background and make an excuse why she couldn't talk that day like she just had her wisdom teeth pulled yesterday or something and she could communicate through texting. They should put more shirley and less rolo.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 21:40   Link #1082
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Final PD? When will that happen? That's unfortunate that Shirley most likely won't be with the rest of the cast. They should at least put her in the background and make an excuse why she couldn't talk that day like she just had her wisdom teeth pulled yesterday or something and she could communicate through texting. They should put more shirley and less rolo.
Apparently, it's going to be a live action, on stage PD, which will take place on Lelouch's B-day, which is at the beginning of December. So we've still got about a two-month wait. Honestly, I don't know that much about it. All I know is that we've got the new leak and Shirley's seiyuu, as well as Milly's and Nunnally's, are absent from the list. Rivalz seiyuu is apparently on the list though. I don't see how they can have Rivalz and not Shirley (or Nunnally for that matter).

Oh, and LOL at Shirley having her wisdom teeth pulled XD
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 21:52   Link #1083
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Apparently, it's going to be a live action, on stage PD, which will take place on Lelouch's B-day, which is at the beginning of December. So we've still got about a two-month wait. Honestly, I don't know that much about it. All I know is that we've got the new leak and Shirley's seiyuu, as well as Milly's and Nunnally's, are absent from the list. Rivalz seiyuu is apparently on the list though. I don't see how they can have Rivalz and not Shirley (or Nunnally for that matter).

Oh, and LOL at Shirley having her wisdom teeth pulled XD
Thanks for the update.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 22:32   Link #1084
HollowScar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Out of the whole show, Shirley had a glow to her. She was like any other teenager, but it was her naivety, and innocence that makes her so special. She believed in Lelouch even when he did some horrible things. Lelouch also was kind to her, and jumped of a building to save her. They were truly meant for each other.

Shirley has very little background, other than the fact that her father died in the incident. An optimist, she was probably one of the better character's in Code Geass who did not have a hidden agenda to her. Although she may have not done anything major, she did try to help out Lelouch many times, and succeeded in shooting Viletta down to amnesia. Overall, a nice character, who is very unique.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 01:24   Link #1085
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Apparently, it's going to be a live action, on stage PD, which will take place on Lelouch's B-day, which is at the beginning of December. So we've still got about a two-month wait. Honestly, I don't know that much about it. All I know is that we've got the new leak and Shirley's seiyuu, as well as Milly's and Nunnally's, are absent from the list. Rivalz seiyuu is apparently on the list though. I don't see how they can have Rivalz and not Shirley (or Nunnally for that matter).

Oh, and LOL at Shirley having her wisdom teeth pulled XD
Who has been confirmed to be on the cast list?

I doubt I'm the only one, but my theory is that had Shirley not died, instead of going with the theory of securing the world's future by focusing the world's hate around himself and having himself offed, Lelouch would seek the future through choosing to live on through Shirley's example of love and forgiveness. Anvilicious as heck, yes, but it sure is preferable to the nihilistic funk that was the Zero Requiem.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 01:49   Link #1086
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Who has been confirmed to be on the cast list?
Here's a link.

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...0.html?#cutid1

This is all I'm aware of at the moment.

Quote:
I doubt I'm the only one, but my theory is that had Shirley not died, instead of going with the theory of securing the world's future by focusing the world's hate around himself and having himself offed, Lelouch would seek the future through choosing to live on through Shirley's example of love and forgiveness. Anvilicious as heck, yes, but it sure is preferable to the nihilistic funk that was the Zero Requiem.
Well that's just it. Who knows what would've happened if Shirley had survived. I'd like to think that things would've turned out a bit better, but I still can't help but think that Lelouch would have to atone for his sins in some way, either by his own volition or karma. Still, there's always hope. I really like the AE that bonzo made, so perhaps something like that, only with Shirley. But yes, I agree that would be far more preferrable to the Zero Requiem that we got.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 02:06   Link #1087
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Knowing him, I don't think he'd let himself off the hook for anything else that happened even if he didn't end up in that post R2 18 clusterfuck. He just seemed too involved in the process of fighting Britannia to stop and reflect before he was finished.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 08:52   Link #1088
Paladinoras
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In Your House. No, really, look properly.
Wouldn't think Lelouch would have cared about what Shirley thinks by ZR.

Nunally > Kallen > Shirley in his mind, and if he did not care about what the first two thought, or at least, didn't get affected, I doubt that Shirley would matter much.

And yeah, I am Kalulu biased.
__________________


Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 09:36   Link #1089
HollowScar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
I think he cares for Shirley as much as Kallen. He did not kill her when she found out the truth. He saved her by jumping of the building to hold her from falling. He also was devastated when Rolo killed her, and would have avenged her, if he had the opurtunity.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 09:37   Link #1090
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
It doesn't matter what Shirley would have thought of Zero: Requiem because it was inspired by her death (and life) in the first place .

Overall, it's a bit of a stretch to say Kallen > Shirley or maybe even Nunally > Shirley in Lelouch's regard when Lelouch ended up choosing to join Shirley in death through his master plan instead of living on with the other two in happiness.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Kill la Kill 75/5 :: Sakura Trick 100/5 :: Saki Zenkoku-hen 100/5 :: HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Mushishi OVA 100/5
Spring:
Stardust Crusaders 100/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 20/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 15/5 :: Gochiusa 28/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 20/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Great shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 09:44   Link #1091
HollowScar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
I think Lelouch did it for the world. Shirley could have been an inspiration. But one thing is for sure. She deserves him more than anybody else.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 09:57   Link #1092
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
I think Lelouch did it for the world. Shirley could have been an inspiration. But one thing is for sure. She deserves him more than anybody else.
debatable
by what standard does one measure such a thing ?
__________________

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-10-07 at 10:12.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 10:49   Link #1093
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
I think Lelouch did it for the world. Shirley could have been an inspiration. But one thing is for sure. She deserves him more than anybody else.
Oh really? By what? By measure of love? Other people loved him too a lot. Or you would rather us going to how other people protected him so they deserve him cause they were putting their lives on line for him? Cause ff we go there, C.C. and Kallen are way more plausible options.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 10:56   Link #1094
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 29
actually, i think sheirly beats C.C on just about any field in that regard easily
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 10:59   Link #1095
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually, i think sheirly beats C.C on just about any field in that regard easily
Ah please, can we have a non-biased discussion for once? I was talking about protection-meters, but I am sure you can point out to me, that Shirley protected Lelouch more than C.C.
Care to point me out these scenes? "Easily?"
__________________


Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-10-07 at 11:47.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 11:00   Link #1096
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 29
you cant actually claim that C.C risked her own life to protect his can you ?
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 11:02   Link #1097
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
you cant actually claim that C.C risked her own life to protect his can you ?
I was trying to point out, that protection-meter and generally, the whole scenario of "deserving someone" is actually silly, but I am done. I cannot even do that, because you are clearly biased over C.C., and you do not even acknowledge what she did for Lelouch. She did protect him countless times and you cannot disregard this because she was basically immortal, but being biased is being biased.

Now, I am getting out of this thread, I do not want to drive it off-topic. Feel free to reply with one-liners, ending with ""

You prove yourself so smart darling.
__________________


Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-10-07 at 11:49.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 11:11   Link #1098
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 29
well
if you prefer i give more detailed explanations on why i dont think C.C is more deserving of lelouch then shierly based on the "protecting him" level, then fine
C.C during the course of the show
1)knows the truth about lelouch's mother
2)knows the truth about lelouch's sister's blindness
3)knows that he is mislead in his hate of his family
and she keeps silent about both these issues and lets lelouch run around risking his and everyone elses lives for a false reason
every single thing that happens to lelouch during the course of the show after he gets his geass, is indirectly her fault for not telling him the truth
she does this because she needs lelouch to develop his geass to a level where its powerful enough that he can take her code
at which point, she intended to screw him over, and stick him with the same curse that she's been suffering under for centuries, just to end her own life
and she herself admits that so long as he is still alive, it does not matter to her what happens to him or what he decides to do otherwise

so no, i dont think she deserves him based on how much she protected him during the show
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 11:22   Link #1099
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
well
if you prefer i give more detailed explanations on why i dont think C.C is more deserving of lelouch then shierly based on the "protecting him" level, then fine
C.C during the course of the show
1)knows the truth about lelouch's mother
2)knows the truth about lelouch's sister's blindness
3)knows that he is mislead in his hate of his family
and she keeps silent about both these issues and lets lelouch run around risking his and everyone elses lives for a false reason
every single thing that happens to lelouch during the course of the show after he gets his geass, is indirectly her fault for not telling him the truth
she does this because she needs lelouch to develop his geass to a level where its powerful enough that he can take her code
at which point, she intended to screw him over, and stick him with the same curse that she's been suffering under for centuries, just to end her own life
and she herself admits that so long as he is still alive, it does not matter to her what happens to him or what he decides to do otherwise

so no, i dont think she deserves him based on how much she protected him during the show
You know that C.C is not my cup of tea at all, but I am loling with your hypocrisy. Because, a while ago, you just called out someone in Kallen thread, that did the same thing you doing now when it comes to C.C. Examining epidemically and only choose what you want to see.

It is like, I start saying that Shirley wanted to shoot Lelouch only, and never really forgave him until she was dying, where she actually forgave him only because she was dying. Which would be bull. Certain persons on the show, had a theme accompanying them, and Shirley's was forgiveness. (so we will not get off-topic)

Anyway, I am done here. Getting out of this thread, feel free to be off-topic all you want.

p.s i used the protection-theme, to show how much bull the whole deserving-theory is btw, it was not really meant to count from the beginning.
__________________


Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-10-07 at 11:50.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 11:27   Link #1100
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 29
fine then
i still think that the question of whether or not shierly deserves lelouch the most is up for debate
since there are no clear criteria by which one measures such a thing
i just didnt think that C.C deserved him more based on the protection theme when you take her motives into concern
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.