AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 00:58   Link #1241
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
Well, Lelouch got to die away in a very heroic way especially in some of his close friends' heart, but he did that by screwing himself to the point, where it was surprising not to see the public spit on his face, and burn him after his death. I have Avoidant Personality Disorder, so something like that is what I would do. Lelouch did not seem to be a person that would get the thrills doing that. He was someone unique, and should have been a narcissist, but he went the opposite way, and really pulled himself down.
Well, you could pretty much write a book on Lelouch and the things that are wrong with him. But this topic is best left to his thread.

Quote:
Well, we have that in common. I like Shirley too, because she would be a great wife to any lucky bastard, and would spread optimism to her children.
Damn straight

Quote:
She was naive and harmless, and died for a little mistake, when both Kallen and C.C. put their lives at stake more often than her.
Well, C.C. is immortal so her putting her life on the line is pretty much a moot point

Quote:
I think after her death, Lelouch should have been low for a while, feeling pain, exactly like the video below with that much emotion. She deserved that at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL04DTm1kR0
Hmm, never saw that movie so I don't really understand the context, but I think I get the idea. But yeah, I too think I would've preferred if Lelouch handled her death a bit more...calmly. And BTW, I know it's apples and oranges, but why didn't C.C. console Lelouch about her death like she did when Euphie died? (well, as I said, apples and oranges I suppose)

Quote:
Lelouch was definitely not pure evil, and could have been a good leader if he lived long enough to see a peaceful future. Without Shirley though, what's the point? She stood by him, even though both Kallen and C.C. did more than her. I can relate to her, as I am a good hearted person too, but am useless in many situations, thus feeling like a burden.

I guess she had to die, or else she would have been too annoying and would be there as nothing beside Kallen and C.C., being hated by many. Maybe it was her death, that made us like her even more.
Well, she would never become annoyine to me But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Of course after her death her popularity just skyrocketed. I'd say it's pretty hard to hate a character like Shirley, her death playing no small part in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
If Shirley didn't die, ZR would have never happened. Heck, the BK expulsion not happening would have been enough, as that was the last straw.
Ah, good point. I guess we'll never know what would've happened if Shirley had lived, but it's always fun to speculate.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:01   Link #1242
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

I may be ruining a flow or an epic conversation here. But while I am here, I figured I would just say that LelouchxShirley is the only pairing involving Lelouch that I will ever support.

Not only am I a LelouchxShirley fan, but I am just a Shirley fan in general. I love her character.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:09   Link #1243
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
I may be ruining a flow or an epic conversation here. But while I am here, I figured I would just say that LelouchxShirley is the only pairing involving Lelouch that I will ever support.

Not only am I a LelouchxShirley fan, but I am just a Shirley fan in general. I love her character.
Hey, don't worry about that at all my friend. Feel free to post whatever you want. And that's what I like to hear: You love Shirlulu and you love Shirley. Short, sweet, and to the point
Old 2009-12-07, 01:18   Link #1244
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

It sure wasn't easy supporting Shirlulu throughout this show, was it? I've been shipping them since Season 1. Every time we got any possible development for it, they threw us a huge roadblock.

I think we were the punching bags of the pairing fandom. Everybody else at least got a chance without immediately having that chance ripped away from them. haha
Old 2009-12-07, 01:19   Link #1245
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
I love Shirley too, as she may be naive and not a kickass character like Kallen, but she had that depth to her, and optimism beyond any other character's ability in Code Geass (Deception, Manipulation, and Lies) universe. If there were one word to describe her, it would be "Hope". Lelouch was lucky to have her by his side far too often.

As for Euphie's death, it was his mistake, and it all indirectly went to C.C. who gave Lelouch the geass power that eventually went uncontrollable. In Shirley's case, it was a misunderstanding by Rolo.

Shirley did have that high pitched voice, and lacked any intelligence for herself. She was sort of like a pushover. Even though her father died, she made herself believe that Lelouch is good, and it must have been an accident. If it were some other person she had a crush on, she would probably still do the same thing, because of hope to change the Bad Boy into a good guy. This is the problem in real life too, where jerks get to play around with naive women, who never give any other guy a chance. Shirley was committed to Lelouch, and thankfully it was worth it, but a guy like Suzaku would have treated her right, if the story took that direction. The dedication Suzaku had for Euphemia, was more caring, and selfless, than the game that Lelouch played. Eventually though, she did grow on him to the point where he was saddened by her death, and tried to take revenge.

If only Shirley were alive, Lelouch could have changed his path, and really stage the whole thing, to escape to a different place, with a haircut to change his looks. A great plot for Code Geass 2, but only if Shirley would have lived. Alas, she didn't.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:25   Link #1246
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
It sure wasn't easy supporting Shirlulu throughout this show, was it? I've been shipping them since Season 1. Every time we got any possible development for it, they threw us a huge roadblock.

I think we were the punching bags of the pairing fandom. Everybody else at least got a chance without immediately having that chance ripped away from them. haha
Oy, tell me about. Shirlulu fans, just like our beloved Shirley, got it pretty damn rough. I forget exactly when I started supporting them, but I'm sure it was some time in season 1. I was really hopeful for them after Turn 12, but lo and behold they went right ahead and killed her off the next episode.

But hey, at least we did get something of a chance. We at least got some good development between her and Lelouch and we can make a pretty damn good argument that Lelouch did really love Shirley. I think the problem I have with it most is just how could they treat such a kind and innocent character so cruelly?

Oh well. If you're interested here's a link to the Shirlulu group and the Shirley group if you want to join them.

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=157

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=216
Old 2009-12-07, 01:40   Link #1247
HollowScar

Well, we should be thankful that Shirley lasted as long as she did. I am a huge fan due to her not so deserving death, and loyalty.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:42   Link #1248
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Sure. I'll join.

Also, I'm convinced Lelouch loved Shirley. It must be so.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-07, 01:44   Link #1249
HollowScar

It must be so, except that Lelouch's crime is still evident. He did kill many. Shirley on the other hand, was pure.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:54   Link #1250
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Shirley on the other hand, was pure.
*Mao face*
Are you SURE about that?

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-07, 01:59   Link #1251
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Shirley on the other hand, was pure.
Except for, you know, shooting Villetta. One tiny blemish on that otherwise perfect record. Chalk that up to a crime of passion, though. Villetta could have talked her down with a bit of effort.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:59   Link #1252
azul120

Quote:
I love Shirley too, as she may be naive and not a kickass character like Kallen, but she had that depth to her, and optimism beyond any other character's ability in Code Geass (Deception, Manipulation, and Lies) universe. If there were one word to describe her, it would be "Hope". Lelouch was lucky to have her by his side far too often.

As for Euphie's death, it was his mistake, and it all indirectly went to C.C. who gave Lelouch the geass power that eventually went uncontrollable. In Shirley's case, it was a misunderstanding by Rolo.

Shirley did have that high pitched voice, and lacked any intelligence for herself. She was sort of like a pushover. Even though her father died, she made herself believe that Lelouch is good, and it must have been an accident. If it were some other person she had a crush on, she would probably still do the same thing, because of hope to change the Bad Boy into a good guy. This is the problem in real life too, where jerks get to play around with naive women, who never give any other guy a chance. Shirley was committed to Lelouch, and thankfully it was worth it, but a guy like Suzaku would have treated her right, if the story took that direction. The dedication Suzaku had for Euphemia, was more caring, and selfless, than the game that Lelouch played. Eventually though, she did grow on him to the point where he was saddened by her death, and tried to take revenge.

If only Shirley were alive, Lelouch could have changed his path, and really stage the whole thing, to escape to a different place, with a haircut to change his looks. A great plot for Code Geass 2, but only if Shirley would have lived. Alas, she didn't.
Shirley was attracted to Lelouch after witnessing him help people involved in a road accident IIRC and not wanting anything in return. Lelouch never deliberately gave her the cold shoulder. He was just too caught up in his schemes against Britannia.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 02:03   Link #1253
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Shirley was attracted to Lelouch after witnessing him help people involved in a road accident IIRC and not wanting anything in return. Lelouch never deliberately gave her the cold shoulder. He was just too caught up in his schemes against Britannia.
Well, that made her curious and intrigued by him. I think attraction and eventually love followed after that, after she took notice of him more and started hanging around him.
Old 2009-12-07, 02:18   Link #1254
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well, we should be thankful that Shirley lasted as long as she did. I am a huge fan due to her not so deserving death, and loyalty.
True. She was around for about 3/4 of the shows run, so she did hang in there for a good long while

Quote:
Sure. I'll join.

Also, I'm convinced Lelouch loved Shirley. It must be so.
Spoiler:
Welcome aboard!

Ha ha, indeed it must be so. You have to believe!

Quote:
It must be so, except that Lelouch's crime is still evident. He did kill many. Shirley on the other hand, was pure.
Well, not that the fact that Lelouch committed crimes really has anything to do with whether or not he loved Shirley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Except for, you know, shooting Villetta. One tiny blemish on that otherwise perfect record. Chalk that up to a crime of passion, though. Villetta could have talked her down with a bit of effort.
Well, depending on one's point, that may not even really be considered a true crime As for me...well, it wasn't noble, but I don't blame Shirley for what she did.

Also, YES! It's so good to see the Shirley Thread active again! (and the CG forum too in general)
Old 2009-12-07, 02:20   Link #1255
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No one was pure in Code Geass. Not even Tianzi, who had to dabble in politics, or Rivalz, who had decidedly less-than-noble thoughts about Milly. I'm sure at some point, Shirley had similar, less-than-noble thoughts about Lelouch.
Old 2009-12-07, 03:34   Link #1256
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No one was pure in Code Geass. Not even Tianzi, who had to dabble in politics, or Rivalz, who had decidedly less-than-noble thoughts about Milly. I'm sure at some point, Shirley had similar, less-than-noble thoughts about Lelouch.
Well, like they say, nobody's perfect
Old 2009-12-07, 03:56   Link #1257
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, like they say, nobody's perfect
although some are better than others.

(Except for Orange-kun, he's everything a man should be)
Let'sFightingLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 18:35   Link #1258
Nobodyman9
Banned

I believe this idea came up a little while ago, but maybe we could get some more discussion out of it.

If there is in fact another anime adaptation of Code Geass, would like to see Shirley or a Shirley-like character appear in it? Specifically, I believe there was an idea that there could be a new Code Geass story set some time in the future (maybe a few decades or a 100 years) where Lelouch and Shirley are both reincarnated, and thus Shirley's "reincarnation" line during her death scene would be fulfilled.

Personally, I love the idea. What do you all think? And does anyone have any other speculations?
Old 2009-12-21, 18:48   Link #1259
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I suspect even the manga will have someone reminiscent of all the main characters. There's already a (girlish looking) Suzaku and a Lelouch/Xingke mix in the bunch, so why not a Shirley? Same for any anime. I doubt they'd go completely different.
Old 2009-12-21, 19:07   Link #1260
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, whatever the case, hopefully this Shirley will get off a bit easier than her original counterpart. I just hope and think it would be really great if they continued her character in some way.