AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-22, 18:05   Link #1261
ginran
~Smile~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, whatever the case, hopefully this Shirley will get off a bit easier than her original counterpart. I just hope and think it would be really great if they continued her character in some way.
Yea, I agree. I'd love to see the reincarnation thing come true, but if they make a counterpart kind of character for her in the manga then itd be nice to see that character get off easier.
__________________

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 14:26   Link #1262
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Well, this is interesting. Thanks again to the magic of Livejournal I've discovered that apparently about 6 or 7 Shirlulu artists are planning on making a big Shirlulu art anthology, due to come out in March. Here's a link to Livejournal post and to the Japanese site explaining it.

http://community.livejournal.com/lel...ley/20841.html

http://hidamari.mints.ne.jp/top.htm

I am muy excited about this. Also, here's a few art samples from said artists.

Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 19:59   Link #1263
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Wow, that's a pretty nice little website they've got there. I'm glad to see that this long after the series ended so many artists are still willing to dedicate so much effort to celebrating Shirlulu. They've even got a bit of english on there too.

I'll look forward to it as well.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 05:42   Link #1264
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Yep. I think it's just exciting (and reassuring) to know that the spirit of Shirlulu is still alive and well. So yeah, I'm definitely downloading or purchasing whatever they come up with once it comes out.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 20:29   Link #1265
ginran
~Smile~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, this is interesting. Thanks again to the magic of Livejournal I've discovered that apparently about 6 or 7 Shirlulu artists are planning on making a big Shirlulu art anthology, due to come out in March. Here's a link to Livejournal post and to the Japanese site explaining it.

http://community.livejournal.com/lel...ley/20841.html

http://hidamari.mints.ne.jp/top.htm

I am muy excited about this. Also, here's a few art samples from said artists.

AH WIN! <3 Im happy to see the Shirlulu love is still spreading! I definately want this when it comes out~
__________________

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:06   Link #1266
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
So anyway, I went to my local Borders the other day and I saw that they had Lelouch of the Rebellion (the manga) volume 7 on the shelves, which, as you may or may not know, has Shirley's death scene in it (oh joy). So yeah, I took a look through it.

Pretty much the same speech and circumstances verbatim, but one thing I did like was that after her death and Lelouch's talk with Rolo there's some dialogue that reveals Lelouch's inner thoughts on the matter. He comments on how Shirley truly was on his side and a few other things, which I liked. There's also a bit later on where he comments that he won't let Shirley's (and Euphie's) deaths be wasted. So yeah, I did like those nice little touches. I did pretty much skim through it though, so there may be some other stuff I missed.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 02:24   Link #1267
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
As i've noted, Shirley was an avatar of Lelouch's choices. Narita being the start of it all in a view, but then again. Her fate may have become tragically woven the moment she met Lelouch (Only time I like Spinzaku, when he listens to Shirley and tries to help her with the Lelouch conundrum.)

I'm a Kalulu fan, but i've recently come up with the most epic, most busty and moe fanservice pairing ever in existence.

The Kashirlulu. It's pure, it's hot. It's game.

Kalulu is pretty awesome, add the innocent shine of Shirley with her smile, then Lelouch will go Prince of Persia, reversing time.

Also, I scrolled down abit, and Rivalz never had a clean thought about Milly. She caught him staring at her breasts during the Hot Spring outing on the Ashford Route of Lost Colors. (May I add Kallen looked great?)

Suzaku never had a clean thought about Lloyd either... but thats because.. well, y'know. Why else he became the devicer of da Lancelot? IT'S PASSION!

Also, if that is true, then Shirley would have her own KMF. The Isuelt/Isolde.

Gino's KMF however, is Tristan, small discrepancy :X
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 12:58   Link #1268
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
As i've noted, Shirley was an avatar of Lelouch's choices. Narita being the start of it all in a view, but then again. Her fate may have become tragically woven the moment she met Lelouch (Only time I like Spinzaku, when he listens to Shirley and tries to help her with the Lelouch conundrum.)
I wonder exactly what you mean by "an avatar of Lelouch's choices." Do you mean that she was representative of his hope for a peaceful world, or that perhaps she represented the consequences of his choices? (i.e. use of geass) Or is it something else?

As for her fate being tragically woven, I don't know about that. Of course, who can say? Was her fate sealed when she met Lelouch, when she fell in love with him, when her father died, when she discovered that Lelouch was Zero, when Jeremiah reawakened her memories, when she met up with Rolo, or when the CG staff decided they just wanted a bitch to smack around? Well, who knows?

Quote:
I'm a Kalulu fan, but i've recently come up with the most epic, most busty and moe fanservice pairing ever in existence.

The Kashirlulu. It's pure, it's hot. It's game.

Kalulu is pretty awesome, add the innocent shine of Shirley with her smile, then Lelouch will go Prince of Persia, reversing time.
Reversing time? You mean, as in, go back in time to prevent Shirley from dying?

Anyway, yes, Kashirlulu seems like the perfect solution, but...well, let's face it, we know the CG staff would have commit to only one woman (hence him dying and his feelings left vague). Buuuuuuuut, since he is with Shirley in the World of C

Quote:
Also, I scrolled down abit, and Rivalz never had a clean thought about Milly. She caught him staring at her breasts during the Hot Spring outing on the Ashford Route of Lost Colors. (May I add Kallen looked great?)
Not sure what this has to do with Shirley, but...well, I'd say that, for the most part, Lelouch's thoughts about Shirley were pretty much clean (of course, I think the same goes for all women he was associated with), but I do think there was definitely some physical attraction there.

Quote:
Suzaku never had a clean thought about Lloyd either... but thats because.. well, y'know. Why else he became the devicer of da Lancelot? IT'S PASSION!

Also, if that is true, then Shirley would have her own KMF. The Isuelt/Isolde.

Gino's KMF however, is Tristan, small discrepancy :X
Ugh, please. As if Kagino isn't bad enough I honestly don't know what Shirley's KMF would be named if she had one. Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2010-03-05 at 13:46.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 13:17   Link #1269
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ugh, please. As if Kagino isn't bad enough I honestly don't know what Shirley's KMF would be name if she had one. Anyone got any ideas?
Elaine, or Shalott.
Definitely.

We were talking about Arthurian mythology in the fanfiction thread and since there is an opening here, and since I think it should be pretty interesting for Shirley's fan, I thought about how Shirley reminds me or the Lady of Shalott, Elaine.

If Shirley's fans are willing to give it a shot (Not a Shirley fan myself, but an Arthurian mythology fan and a definite fan of this Elaine, whose fate reminds me of Shirley.), I can't help but being constantly reminded of her when I see Shirley.

And she is one of the most beautiful and tragic character of the Arthurian myth, just to say.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 13:25   Link #1270
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Both. She represented the school girl who was Lelouch's friend. (Though she wanted to be more then that.) She also represented the sufferings that would instill with geass.


My belief is you have many choices in life, but they are all predetermined. So it's sufficed to say, my ideals about Shirley is similiar. The moment she honestly, genuinely, without a doubt -- fell in love with Lelouch Lamperouge, things would change.

But... That is all he was, Lelouch Lamperouge, the schoolboy.

Quote:
Ever since that day, I lived a lie. A lie of living. My name, a lie. My personal history, a lie. I was sick to death about a world that couldn't be changed.... Well then. - Lelouch
Not the real Lelouch, who wanted to recreate the world for Nunnally. Not the Lelouch who was thrown out eight years prior by his remaining family. In short, Shirley died hardly knowing a thing about him. It's quite heartbreaking, no?

Actually, I was going to connect that with a conversation. Shirley's love was pure, for the most part. Though it was torn from her after the events that almost killed Lelouch, it affected everyone around her. This.. probably conflicted Lelouch further.

Yeah, let's not forget EVERYONE goes to C's world. Like Mao, Rolo, and Asahina. No such thing as private time in C's World. Afterall, it's the ideal place for romance. :eyeroll:


Urgh... Kagino is sin, on par with Rolo's existence. It needs to be cleansed.

(Edit)

I agree with Lolipopo on Elaine.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-03-05 at 13:27. Reason: typos, imagine that.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 13:45   Link #1271
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Not the real Lelouch, who wanted to recreate the world for Nunnally. Not the Lelouch who was thrown out eight years prior by his remaining family. In short, Shirley died hardly knowing a thing about him. It's quite heartbreaking, no?
Actually, I think despite hardly knowing any of the facts, Shirley had quite a deep understanding of the person Lelouch was. She wanted to be "the one thing truthful to him", realizing that he was shouldering a great burden all by himself, and that there was no one he allowed himself to rely on, no one he could or would confide in.
Lelouch was able to make anyone lose faith in him at some point, but Shirley learned to trust him without needing much pointers. Not out of blind love, but because she understood that deep down, Lelouch disliked injustice and the cruelty of the world, and could indeed be considered "kind".

I believe that it was not Lelouch's school boy persona Shirley loved when she died, but the very essence of who he was. And that's not sad at all.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 13:59   Link #1272
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Elaine, or Shalott.
Definitely.

We were talking about Arthurian mythology in the fanfiction thread and since there is an opening here, and since I think it should be pretty interesting for Shirley's fan, I thought about how Shirley reminds me or the Lady of Shalott, Elaine.

If Shirley's fans are willing to give it a shot (Not a Shirley fan myself, but an Arthurian mythology fan and a definite fan of this Elaine, whose fate reminds me of Shirley.), I can't help but being constantly reminded of her when I see Shirley.

And she is one of the most beautiful and tragic character of the Arthurian myth, just to say.
Elaine and Shalott are the same person, right? Interesting. I'm not familiar with that particular mythical figure, but I'll look into it.

But argh, must Shirley still be associated with such tragedy? (Well, then again, I guess a lot of Arthurian characters were tragic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Yeah, let's not forget EVERYONE goes to C's world. Like Mao, Rolo, and Asahina. No such thing as private time in C's World. Afterall, it's the ideal place for romance. :eyeroll:
Well, we all live in this world together and yet we still find private time for certain people. So if C's World is anything like ours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Actually, I think despite hardly knowing any of the facts, Shirley had quite a deep understanding of the person Lelouch was. She wanted to be "the one thing truthful to him", realizing that he was shouldering a great burden all by himself, and that there was no one he allowed himself to rely on, no one he could or would confide in.
Lelouch was able to make anyone lose faith in him at some point, but Shirley learned to trust him without needing much pointers. Not out of blind love, but because she understood that deep down, Lelouch disliked injustice and the cruelty of the world, and could indeed be considered "kind".

I believe that it was not Lelouch's school boy persona Shirley loved when she died, but the very essence of who he was. And that's not sad at all.
Agreed. Shirley may not have known all the facts about Lelouch, but she understood who he was. She knew he was Zero and she knew the burden that had been placed on his shoulders, which is why she wanted to be the one thing true to him. I think it could hardly be said that Shirley knew nothing about who Lelouch truly was.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 14:53   Link #1273
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Actually, I think despite hardly knowing any of the facts, Shirley had quite a deep understanding of the person Lelouch was. She wanted to be "the one thing truthful to him", realizing that he was shouldering a great burden all by himself, and that there was no one he allowed himself to rely on, no one he could or would confide in.
Lelouch was able to make anyone lose faith in him at some point, but Shirley learned to trust him without needing much pointers. Not out of blind love, but because she understood that deep down, Lelouch disliked injustice and the cruelty of the world, and could indeed be considered "kind".

I believe that it was not Lelouch's school boy persona Shirley loved when she died, but the very essence of who he was. And that's not sad at all.
Well said . Even in their everyday school life, what Shirley loved wasn't the surface, but the hint of the real person she saw behind. That's why Shirley didn't begin to like him until that traffic accident, and why she was always trying to change that cool and unproductive schoolboy surface.

Maybe Shirley didn't know the real Lelouch, in terms of specific details, but the real Lelouch was certainly the one she actually loved.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 15:05   Link #1274
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Elaine and Shalott are the same person, right? Interesting. I'm not familiar with that particular mythical figure, but I'll look into it.

But argh, must Shirley still be associated with such tragedy? (Well, then again, I guess a lot of Arthurian characters were tragic)
.
Lol this myth is nothing but a giant doomed love story.
Arthur/Morgana/Guinevere/Elaine/Lancelot and so on were all involved with one another and...in the end everyone is sad or dead. So yeah :/

For the Lady of Shalott, yeah, she and Elaine are the same person. She is this woman who fell in love with Lancelot while, depending on this or thate take of the myth, either the guy couldn't return her feelings (Guinevere) either he was completely oblivious to them. Sometimes they marry, usually they don't, and each time, she ends up dead, because of her love for him, while he is crying his heart out over her loss.

Tragedy is beautiful, but tragic :/ I think it does fit to Shirley.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 15:16   Link #1275
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Lol this myth is nothing but a giant doomed love story.
Arthur/Morgana/Guinevere/Elaine/Lancelot and so on were all involved with one another and...in the end everyone is sad or dead. So yeah :/
Parallels Code Geass perfectly

Quote:
For the Lady of Shalott, yeah, she and Elaine are the same person. She is this woman who fell in love with Lancelot while, depending on this or thate take of the myth, either the guy couldn't return her feelings (Guinevere) either he was completely oblivious to them. Sometimes they marry, usually they don't, and each time, she ends up dead, because of her love for him, while he is crying his heart out over her loss.

Tragedy is beautiful, but tragic :/ I think it does fit to Shirley.
I must say that that is eerily similar. Of course, I think Suzaku would probably be more of a Lancelot and Lelouch would definitely be Arthur. So yeah, Elaine for Shirley's KMF. Or we could just go with something that has nothing to do with the Arthurian mythos (like Kallen's Guren).
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 15:42   Link #1276
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Thats one way of putting it. One giant doomed love story...

It's as Lolipopo explained, Elaine is tragic. Though I prefer the tragedy of Guinevere over Elaine. Lancelot tried to save Guinevere, but failed. Whcih started his descent into madness/His depression/Always leading to his betrayal of King Arthur, as him attempting to save Guinevere was the starting point.

Shirley is Shirley, the tragic angel who's life was severed far too quickly, too brashly. I will say this: If they really cared about the characters they killed off, why wouldn't they kill off the less popular ones, then? an example is Nagisa Chiba. I don't know anyone that likes her :/

The sutherland Sieg Suki? Idunno what her KMF would be. Though I wouldn't mind seeing her in a Devicer outfit
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 15:46   Link #1277
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Parallels Code Geass perfectly


I must say that that is eerily similar. Of course, I think Suzaku would probably be more of a Lancelot and Lelouch would definitely be Arthur. So yeah, Elaine for Shirley's KMF. Or we could just go with something that has nothing to do with the Arthurian mythos (like Kallen's Guren).
Lol, Lelouch's action could make of him the perfect son of Lancelot/Arthur/Gawain.
He does have a bit of each one of them (and even more guys but so not the topic) so it's not this much of a problem having Shirley as Elaine

(and LOL yeah, Arthurian myths/CG = same fight)


@Arbitres : Lancelot/Gwen is definitely Suzaku/Euphie, ironically. Fan of this couple maybe ?
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 15:48   Link #1278
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
There is one [as] boardie who's a big fan of Chiba.

I would also add Ohgi and Villetta to the list of unpopulars.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 15:58   Link #1279
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
@Lolipopo: I am indeed a fan of SuzakuxEuphemia. But I still hate Suzaku, Though I believe he'd be a better person if Euphemia was still around.

There is only small discrepancies that'd make Shirley Elaine made over. But as I said, I prefer Lancelot/Guinevere, much more tragic. As I do find tragedy beautiful myself, hint why i'm still around on CG xD.

Shirley though... I like her as a character, and a love interest for Lelouch, but i'll stop there, because we know what i'll say if I finish :3.

Ohgi and Vile-etta are fodder, can't consider them unpopular, or popular. Have you seen the polls?! almost no one likes them.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 16:08   Link #1280
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
@Lolipopo: I am indeed a fan of SuzakuxEuphemia. But I still hate Suzaku, Though I believe he'd be a better person if Euphemia was still around.

There is only small discrepancies that'd make Shirley Elaine made over. But as I said, I prefer Lancelot/Guinevere, much more tragic. As I do find tragedy beautiful myself, hint why i'm still around on CG xD.

Shirley though... I like her as a character, and a love interest for Lelouch, but i'll stop there, because we know what i'll say if I finish :3.

Ohgi and Vile-etta are fodder, can't consider them unpopular, or popular. Have you seen the polls?! almost no one likes them.
Doesn't that make them unpopular?

Nice nickname, btw. Vile-etta. Last name would be either Screw or Snu-snu.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.