AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-13, 04:18   Link #121
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
And i think... No. Sorry, Nobody i do want to make Shirley's thread burning with discussions and posts, hehe, but i can't even imagine her in love with another guy to make a good comment about this matter.

In the other side, i think there's a lot of guys who would love to have a date with her. She's nice, cute, captain of the swim team... It can't get better than that. But from the famous guys, no one. Suzaku is out of question for anyone and Rivals is too busy stalking Milly... Maybe Gino, hehe.
Oh, I know. I think exactly the same thing. I don't think there's any other man in Shirley's life other than Lelouch. I just wanted to see if some people thought otherwise. And yeah, I can totally see a lot of guys wanting to date Shirley. I wonder why we didn't see any of that? There could have been at least one guy admiring her from afar. Or at least some kind of attraction, even if it wasn't serious. Like maybe just hitting on her.

Oh, also was she really the captain of the swim team? It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't remember it being stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Milly.

They would have totally make a very cute couple, even if, I like Milly/Nina better... =P
LOL. Oh Levy XD

Anyway, here's another question. What about the (in)famous "If there's another life for us, let's..." at the end of Stage 14. As a Shirlulu I'm inclined to say it would've ended "let's be lovers." It was even stated by Shirley's seiyuu that that's probably (or definitely) what Lelouch would've said. Does anyone think otherwise?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 04:23   Link #122
Levy
differently sober
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 32
hey, I was not kidding... Shirley is a very caring and motherly girl, attracted to people that act very confident and unaffected by the rules, yet got that something weak and painfull in the inside she's yearning to ..cure.
Both Lelouch and Milly fit in the cathegory.


The line from stage 14..... uhm.. I really don't remeber the whole story about it .. ORZ XD;
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 06:44   Link #123
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Oh, also was she really the captain of the swim team? It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't remember it being stated.
I don't know, but if it was not stated, let's just pretend Okouchi said that in a guidebook. It's everything in japanese, so no one can deny.

But i think she was, she was one of the top swimmers and everyone respected her, besides, i'd rather go with her as the captain than a nameless girl.

And i think they never showed a guy having interest in Shirley mostly because Lelouch got all the spotlight. Most of her moments on the screen are with Lelouch, so, it's hard to show another interactions. And it's not like anyone in the school don't know she's madly in love with him, so i think most of the guys just gived it up.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 15:39   Link #124
ginran
~Smile~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Anyway, here's another question. What about the (in)famous "If there's another life for us, let's..." at the end of Stage 14. As a Shirlulu I'm inclined to say it would've ended "let's be lovers." It was even stated by Shirley's seiyuu that that's probably (or definitely) what Lelouch would've said. Does anyone think otherwise?
I dont think otherwise! XD Seriously though, thats really the only thing I can imagine he would have said there. Or something along those lines, maybe something more subtle though, since it is Lelouch. But the meaning (lets be lovers) would still be the same.
__________________

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 15:42   Link #125
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

Anyway, here's another question. What about the (in)famous "If there's another life for us, let's..." at the end of Stage 14. As a Shirlulu I'm inclined to say it would've ended "let's be lovers." It was even stated by Shirley's seiyuu that that's probably (or definitely) what Lelouch would've said. Does anyone think otherwise?
Sounds plausible. A lot, actually. The obvious theme for Shirlulu is reincarnation, and how, they could probably have worked, under different circumstances. I think, Lelouch thought that too, as well.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 17:33   Link #126
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
There should definitely be reincarnation fic for them. o_o

And I do think that's what he meant.
__________________


Signature picture by ffxfan13
Avatar by teabeef on livejournal
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 17:45   Link #127
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
I dont think otherwise! XD Seriously though, thats really the only thing I can imagine he would have said there. Or something along those lines, maybe something more subtle though, since it is Lelouch. But the meaning (lets be lovers) would still be the same.
Yeah, "Let's make it happen" or something like that is more Lelouch, hehe.

Well, Lelouch knew that in a gentle world, without the Geass, Zero and other stuff, he would get together with Shirley for sure. This is just his confirmation for her that it could have worked in better circunstancies.... And maybe it still can work, who knows.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 18:24   Link #128
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
^Thank you very much Narona

Anywho-ooh, we need some discussion. Do you think it's possible that Shirley could've been possibly interested (romantically) in anyone besides Lelouch. And, inversely, do you think it's possible that anyone could've been interested in her (romantically) aside from Lelouch? I don't particularly think so, but I have heard the name Suzaku mentioned for this topic before.
No problem We should all remember how many times Koshimizu was helpful when she was active :cries:

First question: From the group of people we saw in the show, I think Not. What she said during her dying scene left me with no doubt about that.

Second question: From the group of people in the show, I don't see anyone (I'm talking about the male characters). About the other people in the code geass world, why not. She's pretty, clumsy (some men like this kind of personality), devoted when she's in love (as far as forgiving lelouch who killed her father) etc. She's not perfect (but no one is), but has many good qualities.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 18:56   Link #129
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
hey, I was not kidding... Shirley is a very caring and motherly girl, attracted to people that act very confident and unaffected by the rules, yet got that something weak and painfull in the inside she's yearning to ..cure.
Both Lelouch and Milly fit in the cathegory.
LOL, well I see your point. But I'll tell you what, if you can present any evidence that Shirley had some lesbian tendencies then we'll talk (and no, getting groped by Milly does not count)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
There should definitely be reincarnation fic for them. o_o

And I do think that's what he meant.
I was thinking about writing a reincarnation fic about Lelouch and Shirley where, in another life many years into the future, they do hook up. There would have been a lot of intricacies and differences as well as similarities and different takes on the characters. For example, Lelouch would have Nunnally AND Rolo has his biological siblings, and a reincarnated Gino would've been his best bud (does that sound stupid? XD) Also, I imagined a scene with them in history class learning about the Britannian Empire and Black Knights resistance movement.

Anyway, it's cool to hear that everyone is so receptive to the idea that Lelouch probably said "Lets be lovers" or something to that effect. To me, that all the more solidifies the proof Shirlulu, because this implies that, not only does Lelouch think it could happen (granted, in another life) but he actually WANTS it to happen.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 20:18   Link #130
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I was thinking about writing a reincarnation fic about Lelouch and Shirley where, in another life many years into the future, they do hook up. There would have been a lot of intricacies and differences as well as similarities and different takes on the characters. For example, Lelouch would have Nunnally AND Rolo has his biological siblings, and a reincarnated Gino would've been his best bud (does that sound stupid? XD) Also, I imagined a scene with them in history class learning about the Britannian Empire and Black Knights resistance movement.
Any ShirLulu reincarnation fic should somehow incorporate these:

Spoiler for Saving space:
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 20:39   Link #131
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Any ShirLulu reincarnation fic should somehow incorporate these:

Spoiler for Saving space:
Ah, the childhood friends angle. But of course. And those pics are just adorable (not to mention they look almost authentic)
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 07:20   Link #132
Levy
differently sober
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
LOL, well I see your point. But I'll tell you what, if you can present any evidence that Shirley had some lesbian tendencies then we'll talk (and no, getting groped by Milly does not count)
..the outfit she planned for Villetta is enough of a proof of having a sex-drive toward females too? XD
Kidding, in fact, the main problem with this pairing is that she never showed any homosexual tendency... BUT!... Milly, on the contrary, is quite believable to be 'open' and if she is the one to take the initiative, well... who knows if she could not win Shirley with a love that steems from deep affection and friendship?

Okay, that's wild speculation, but you asked for it! XD

On average, I find Shirley a very likeable girl, but maybe the reason why she's not shown to be popular at school is that she's kind of shy and naive with boys.
I don't remember about the other girls, but only Milly is shown to be really popular in school, if I'm not wrong....
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 07:33   Link #133
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Any ShirLulu reincarnation fic should somehow incorporate these:

Spoiler for Saving space:
no one on this forum would ever question which ship i belong to
that said
THAT IS JUST WAY TOO CUTE
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 10:43   Link #134
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Oh, my gawd. That is just. *squishes*
__________________


Signature picture by ffxfan13
Avatar by teabeef on livejournal
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 13:17   Link #135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
On average, I find Shirley a very likeable girl, but maybe the reason why she's not shown to be popular at school is that she's kind of shy and naive with boys.
I don't remember about the other girls, but only Milly is shown to be really popular in school, if I'm not wrong....
I don't know if she's not popular at school or not, but I don't think it'd be because she's shy and naive with boys. If she were shy, she wouldn't have tried to approach Suzaku when he enrolled in Ashford, but if you remember, she was the first one to make an attempt at befriending him, and only stopped because Rivalz held her back.

If anything, its because the entire school knows she's a Lulusexual person. Remember at the end of the Cupid's Day festival, a lot of students commented on them knowing it'd turn out with Shirley and Lelouch swapping hats. So her secret crush turned out to be not-so-secret.

And yes, you are correct in saying that Milly is the most popular female in school. The cat chase showed that even the girls wanted her. Its probably because she's not seen as spoken for Lelouch, unlike Shirley.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 14:43   Link #136
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
..the outfit she planned for Villetta is enough of a proof of having a sex-drive toward females too? XD
Kidding, in fact, the main problem with this pairing is that she never showed any homosexual tendency... BUT!... Milly, on the contrary, is quite believable to be 'open' and if she is the one to take the initiative, well... who knows if she could not win Shirley with a love that steems from deep affection and friendship?

Okay, that's wild speculation, but you asked for it! XD
LOL, well that's another good point, but we all know that Milly had a thing for Lelouch so of course she would probably pursue him before anyone else. Also, I know Milly's a loose cannon, but even I can't see her fully pursuing a homosexual relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't know if she's not popular at school or not, but I don't think it'd be because she's shy and naive with boys. If she were shy, she wouldn't have tried to approach Suzaku when he enrolled in Ashford, but if you remember, she was the first one to make an attempt at befriending him, and only stopped because Rivalz held her back.

If anything, its because the entire school knows she's a Lulusexual person. Remember at the end of the Cupid's Day festival, a lot of students commented on them knowing it'd turn out with Shirley and Lelouch swapping hats. So her secret crush turned out to be not-so-secret.

And yes, you are correct in saying that Milly is the most popular female in school. The cat chase showed that even the girls wanted her. Its probably because she's not seen as spoken for Lelouch, unlike Shirley.
Well, not that whether the members of the SC are popular is a pivotal plot point or anything, but I pretty much agree with everything you said. I mean, considering they're all members of the SC I'd have to believe they're all at least a little popular.

And that's another good point about her being "Lulusexual" XD And that most people knew about it. And as ridiculous as that episode was I always did love the Lelouch and Shirley's butthat swapping. Plus, it's Zany Code Geass at its zaniest.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 12:51   Link #137
ginran
~Smile~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.A
I was wondering, how tall is Shirley? I read a long time ago somewhere that she was about 5"4, but then somewhere else more recently said she was as tall as CC, which is only about 5"0 or 5"1...
__________________

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 12:54   Link #138
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
I was wondering, how tall is Shirley? I read a long time ago somewhere that she was about 5"4, but then somewhere else more recently said she was as tall as CC, which is only about 5"0 or 5"1...
167 cm, give or take two, so it's 5'4''.

Here's the chart.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 12:57   Link #139
ginran
~Smile~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
167 cm, give or take two, so it's 5'4''.

Here's the chart.
wow, I've never seen that chart before! XD...hey, Euphie is missing!

Thanks so much!
__________________

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 13:13   Link #140
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Actually, 1 in. = 2.54 cm. So Shirley is about 5' 6".

Turns out that Rakshata is a little shorter than I thought. Her hair just really jumps out of her head.

Does anyone think that the boots are a factor here? Because that really would make Cornelia as tall as Lelouch, though she's still the tallest woman on the series. (Well, about tied with Milly.)
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.