AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 55 36.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 28.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 19.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-08, 04:32   Link #41
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Mio's fanclub was in the manga after the concert, so its not like a reference to all the Mio worship that is going on since the show aired.

I think my favorite part was the Mio + Ritsu childhood, Mio's shyness is all Ritsu's fault, what a surprise...
Old 2009-05-08, 04:34   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Mio's fanclub was in the manga after the concert, so its not like a reference to all the Mio worship that is going on since the show aired.

I think my favorite part was the Mio + Ritsu childhood, Mio's shyness is all Ritsu's fault, what a surprise...
Yeah I just found it amusing how things turned out is all.
Old 2009-05-08, 05:50   Link #43
RhapsodyInBlue
lolwut?

I really like the creativity by inserting a music video during the performance but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Nonetheless, good try on their part. Also, the song was good and it was better than expected.

Compared to the last episode, the comedy of this episode went downhill mainly because it focused on Mio's moeness again. I love Mio but the using the same gags each episode is definitely going to be annoying. I loved the 'rice bowl' scene though.

Overall it was a heartwarming episode especially on the part where the other 3 girls were giving their support for Mio. It reminded me of how beautiful the power of friendship is.
Old 2009-05-08, 05:58   Link #44
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The manga was more echier. lolz

Anyways the mtv kinda reminded me of woodstock and the RHCP Scar tissue video. One reason why I love the school festival ep!

Mio fell down...Audience *camera clicks*
Old 2009-05-08, 06:29   Link #45
DummyInc

woo another thing worth to get:

Lamy Safari
http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/safari/118

Old 2009-05-08, 06:35   Link #46
slayer545-sama
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Lol, Mio is so cute!
She switched hands when
Ritsu called out to everyone! LOL
And young Ritsu is so
obnoxious, I'm
lovin it!

The song was alright, but it was kind of...... too sugary I guess.

I don;t know
why everyone hates the music
video. This show always seems to find an
excuse to NOT animate the characters playing
their instruments. Better a music video than
just panning at the
scenery and
people;s
faces.

I always thought
Yui would be the main
character...maybe they'll
switch the main characters
up throughout the series....

I liked the pacing too. Before their performance, i too felt really anxious and nervous, hoping that they would do a good job and that the audience would respond well. Guess that's what it means to be "absorbed" into a show. =]
I love the music video. Reminded me of some Mary and Jane (those two chicks who were wanted by the cops and they could not catch them but ended chasing them all around the dessert). It also gave off the characters as different personas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummyInc View Post
woo another thing worth to get:

Lamy Safari
http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/safari/118

HEH.....check this out: http://store.americanapparel.net/lamypncl.html
Cheap price! Yay! Next thing is how to custom put art on that of K-ON?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The manga was more echier. lolz

Anyways the mtv kinda reminded me of woodstock and the RHCP Scar tissue video. One reason why I love the school festival ep!

Mio fell down...Audience *camera clicks*
Manga being more ecchier you mean......as in more panties shot? As in full nudes? As in perverted thoughts? I am curious now.
Technically if there are any panties I would see it would be Jessica Simpson or some young Japanese young IDOL as in 18 or 19. Hopefully a virgin since I am one also. :P
Old 2009-05-08, 06:37   Link #47
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
-LOL @ Mio tripping down after and all seeing her panties. BTW for those who are pissed because of no fan service. GROW UP! SOMETIMES ECCHI IS SHIT IN ANIME! K-ON does not need it simply because the MOE MAKES UP FOR IT! Seriously they should have made something else than the bowl of rice with the white and blue stripes. IT WAS STUPID! You can all pray that DVDs might have something different but like Clannad I DOUBT IT! Very much.
Blame the original manga, not KyoAni. To be honest, the KyoAni version was severely toned down compared to the more in-your-face manga version.

Quote:
-To be HONEST, THE STUPID FAN SERVICE! There is no use for it. GET REAL HERE PEOPLE, there will be TONS AND TONS of fan based manga that is hentai about this. Like in comikets. It will be just a matter of time before it comes out. TRUST ME IT WILL HAPPEN! I might even post some links to them just to prove my point.
You are weeeelllll behind the times. It ALREADY happened before this episode. Even then, your reaction are out of proportion when it comes to it.
Old 2009-05-08, 06:40   Link #48
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Damn Rice Bowls!

Spoiler for pantsu:
Old 2009-05-08, 06:45   Link #49
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Blame the original manga, not KyoAni. To be honest, the KyoAni version was severely toned down compared to the more in-your-face manga version.

You are weeeelllll behind the times. It ALREADY happened before this episode. Even then, your reaction are out of proportion when it comes to it.
No I am not, there is some fan service of these types I am aware of but honestly I am not aware of a comiket one being distributed......is there one already? I saw plenty of the types you say but I am talking about like C75 conventions and stuff. [b]Ok scratch that I saw some. Hmmmmmm interesting. There will be more I am sure. Good beginning though.

Well, guess KyoAni has a reputation to maintain don't they after all.

Here some custom made by fans of that pantsu part.

Just confirmed it....damn O_O guess I did not expect it that fast. I am seriously O_O
Spoiler:

Last edited by slayer545-sama; 2009-05-08 at 07:07.
Old 2009-05-08, 07:31   Link #50
noobita

So Kyoani replaced the instrument play scene with the short MTV...I dont know I should call it creative or plain lazy ..LOL

Yui's voice = awesome...

Remind me of Fuko from Clannad.
Old 2009-05-08, 07:35   Link #51
Peanutbutter

Will widescreen version show the pantsu?

Wait, there's already the rice bowl so I guess not.
Old 2009-05-08, 07:50   Link #52
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm not surprised the concert wasn't as epic as everyone thought it would be. It was still quite a treat though I felt there was a little too much build-up in the episode for it.

High points in the episode for me:

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Overall yet another fun though not overly impressive episode. Solid 8/10 for me.

Oh and one final note from me:

Spoiler for About Coalguys:
Old 2009-05-08, 08:07   Link #53
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So Kyoani replaced the instrument play scene with the short MTV...I dont know I should call it creative or plain lazy ..LOL
You must admit that when Ritsu was doing the MC in the clubroom, the animation quality makes you wonder if they are trying to save budget or something like that.
Old 2009-05-08, 08:11   Link #54
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Is it just me who's been noticing that running gag on the bust of some important school figure?

When the girls had a good laugh before the performance, it was just like the last episode of Lucky Star, and I knew things will be alright.

(That is, until the tripping part. I actually winced for the guitar. Mio should have been warned at the beginning when Yui almost tripped, but I guess only Nodoka noticed.)
Old 2009-05-08, 08:13   Link #55
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Is it just me who's been noticing that running gag on the bust of some important school figure?
Odds are it's a bust of the school's founder. And yeah, hard to miss the decorations that change on him every week (or even more often than that, like in Ep. 5).
Old 2009-05-08, 08:34   Link #56
wistfulloner

Damn, "all your sweets are belong to us!!!"

I love the laugh-a-minute moments in the show, like the sumo part and head-busting Mio. And Mio was SO MOE this episode, it was just criminal.

The small moving moments are a nice touch with the gang encouraging Mio, and for a comedy, it was a good break from the laughs. Can't help but feel that this show needs more subtlety though. Some parts are just blatant description.

Won't deny this episode's awesomeness though. K-ON! is becoming a regular on my schedule.
Old 2009-05-08, 09:12   Link #57
noobita

I dont think episode is as good as pervious one..nonetheless, it still entertaining.
Old 2009-05-08, 09:34   Link #58
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
~RICE BOWL!!!!~
GYROZETTER
Old 2009-05-08, 09:44   Link #59
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
That was a good first performance.

Yui was the hero of this episode, if she had not talked to Mio when they were on the stage, Mio would not have been able to sing.

*looking forward to episode 7
Old 2009-05-08, 09:45   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The actual song was pretty good, the MTV insertion not as much. Honestly I think an MTV insertion would cause collective mind asplosions if it was instead used near the ending for a bigger scale performance with a more ass-kicking song. As it stands you can tell they aren't THAT good yet, and since getting better is the point I heartily expect say an awesome guitar solo by Yui, an eventual double bass beat by Ritsu, a complex bass line by Mio and a Mozart-level piano performance from Mugi.

And maybe if the lead vocals was done by Yui.

As for everything else, I don't think I'll ever see a striped bowl of rice the same way ever. Again. A place where I eat even serves rice in a damn striped plate.

Also, I still henceforth demand a lead vocal from Yui, KyotoAni Goddess of Rock.
Closed Thread