AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-22, 18:00   Link #221
lubczyk

On Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari:

So much fail. First episode was promising. From episode 2 to 6 we get generic school comedy/romance non-sense.

Tons of characters don't go beyond stereotypical traits introduced, are never given any background.

Tons of terminology and names and places never explained. This show is less Sci-Fi and more silly Rom-Com.

I have no vested interested in any of the characters or the universe/plot their inhabit as the viewer.

I guess the creator never learned anything from Tenchi, which never went anywhere anyway.

DROPPED Hard after episode 8. Seen it all before!!!

Obviously a show pandering to Otaku with meaningless nudity and mecha.

I was really expecting this show to be really sci-fi.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 18:03   Link #222
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Officially Kenshi only married 3. This could change later, but that's what we know. On that note, Mihoshi is left out of the marriage possibility likely because of something hinted at in GXP; she is away from Earth nearly all the time. This long absence really prevented there to be anything more than friendship.

Officially Tenchi has one son and one daughter. The Daughter's mother is Ryoko, the son's maternity is not mentioned.
This is what I get for not having time to visit forums that much these days -- interesting discussions going on (thanks to TsunamiWave for posting a link on my blog). ^_^

To the best of my knowledge (and if you can cite where this is stated otherwise, please let me know so I can correct the FAQ), Tenchi's son is the only official child. Ryoko has a daughter (fan named "Tenko") who looks like Tenchi somewhat, leading to speculation that this is in fact Tenchi's child. Likely that is true but Kajishima-sensei is crafty in that while he mentions Ryoko has a daughter and Ryo-ohki has a daughter in Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru 21 Seiki-ban 1 (and I want to say he mentions one of the other girls has a daughter too), he never says whom the father is. If you do know where he confirms this, I'd like to know. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The sisters Kenshi mentions are:

Mihoshi (The one that breaks things)
Sasami (Expert at housework)
Ryoko (The sister terrible at housework)
Washu (Mad scientist)
Ayeka (compared to Lithia)

I don't think Noike or Ryo-Ohki are mentioned anywhere yet. It's been at least 16 years since the end of the events in the OVAs and there still living with Tenshi so it's pretty safe to presume they've since married.
Someone may have already mentioned this (I've not read the whole thread yet), but both have been mentioned. Noike got a mention in episode 5 as the neechan who is stern, frank, and speaks her mind. Ryo-ohki has not only been mentioned, but we saw her in ship form in a flashback cameo.

Quote:
She didn't technically outlive everyone...
Spoiler for spoil:
That's not stated. What is stated is that...

Spoiler for spoil:

As for Tenchi marrying his harem, that has never been officially stated. It has been assumed since Tenchi and his harem relocate to Jurai, sometime after Sasami graduates from high school on Earth, he would have married them if for no other reason that political.

We already know that Jurai has no problem with multiple marriages but they would have a problem with Tenchi just shacking up with all these girls. That's part of the reason Azusa, Funaho, and Misaki went to Earth in the first place -- they needed Tenchi and his harem under Juraian control as they would be a powerful force against them. Seto is manipulative enough to get Tenchi to outright marry all of the girls. That would work for Jurai both internally and externally on a number of fronts.
  • Aeka: Marrying her secures Tenchi as an official member of House Masaki on Jurai, thus making him a citizen of Jurai. As such, he now has a personal involvement in helping Jurai should they be attacked.
  • Sasami: This furthers Tenchi's ties to Jurai but also strengthens the bonds between Tsunami and Jurai.
  • Ryoko: As the only person to ever successfully attack Jurai, Tenchi marrying her brings her into House Masaki and like Tenchi, she isn't going to fight against Jurai.
  • Mihoshi: This furthers the ties between Jurai and Galaxy Police as well as the ties between Jurai and the powerful Kuramitsu family. (We already saw how Jurai obtained their "Death Star" in GXP.)
  • Washu: Since Washu's technology was used to successfully attack Jurai, Tenchi marrying Washu brings her into House Misaki, ties Jurai to yet another Choushin, and since Washu has shown she will not do anything to go against Tenchi, she won't go against Jurai if he's accepted being a Juraian.
  • Noike: Internally, this strengthens the ties between House Masaki and House Kamiki. Politically, this helps Seto and since Noike would likely be head wife (based on her personality), Seto likely hopes to have some major influence over Tenchi's harem.
  • Ryo-ohki: Yes, she too would marry Tenchi. Though an artificial life form (bio-technology), Tenchi marrying Ryo-ohki adds another powerful ship to Jurai's side. They'd be keen on this since it was Ryo-ohki who destroyed several of their weaker (higher generation) tree-ships.

Whew.

I'm avoiding spoilers from non-subbed episodes (my Japanese isn't good enough to get everything) and I don't have time to post more here but I am blogging the series. ^_^ I will say that episode 8 is really good and that I'm going to have to take time to rewatch episode 1 again. I don't suppose anyone subbed the Blu-ray extended intro to that episode, did they?
Old 2009-12-22, 19:38   Link #223
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I don't suppose anyone subbed the Blu-ray extended intro to that episode, did they?
You're in luck, actually. Here's a link to Animesuki's list of fansubbed episodes. Choose the v2 version of episode 1, that was done by Wasurenai. They have subbed the extra coronation scene bit in the beginning as well:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1387.html
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 21:02   Link #224
vio5555

One thing about Ryo-Ohki, I mentioned this earlier, but I don't think Kenshi realizes that Ryo-Ohki is the ship form as well as the girl/rabbit form. By this time she probably looks like her teenage form from the manga, so all we're going to get out of her (unless he mentions a sister who eats carrots) is that his sister (Ryoko) has a ship (Ryo-Ohki), when they showed the ship that he was collecting the similar crystals.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 22:07   Link #225
RPNS

Quote:
This is what I get for not having time to visit forums that much these days -- interesting discussions going on (thanks to TsunamiWave for posting a link on my blog). ^_^

To the best of my knowledge (and if you can cite where this is stated otherwise, please let me know so I can correct the FAQ), Tenchi's son is the only official child. Ryoko has a daughter (fan named "Tenko") who looks like Tenchi somewhat, leading to speculation that this is in fact Tenchi's child. Likely that is true but Kajishima-sensei is crafty in that while he mentions Ryoko has a daughter and Ryo-ohki has a daughter in Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru 21 Seiki-ban 1 (and I want to say he mentions one of the other girls has a daughter too), he never says whom the father is. If you do know where he confirms this, I'd like to know. ^_^

Someone may have already mentioned this (I've not read the whole thread yet), but both have been mentioned. Noike got a mention in episode 5 as the neechan who is stern, frank, and speaks her mind. Ryo-ohki has not only been mentioned, but we saw her in ship form in a flashback cameo.

Spoiler for spoil:

As for Tenchi marrying his harem, that has never been officially stated. It has been assumed since Tenchi and his harem relocate to Jurai, sometime after Sasami graduates from high school on Earth, he would have married them if for no other reason that political.

We already know that Jurai has no problem with multiple marriages but they would have a problem with Tenchi just shacking up with all these girls. That's part of the reason Azusa, Funaho, and Misaki went to Earth in the first place -- they needed Tenchi and his harem under Juraian control as they would be a powerful force against them. Seto is manipulative enough to get Tenchi to outright marry all of the girls. That would work for Jurai both internally and externally on a number of fronts.
  • Aeka: Marrying her secures Tenchi as an official member of House Masaki on Jurai, thus making him a citizen of Jurai. As such, he now has a personal involvement in helping Jurai should they be attacked.
  • Sasami: This furthers Tenchi's ties to Jurai but also strengthens the bonds between Tsunami and Jurai.
  • Ryoko: As the only person to ever successfully attack Jurai, Tenchi marrying her brings her into House Masaki and like Tenchi, she isn't going to fight against Jurai.
  • Mihoshi: This furthers the ties between Jurai and Galaxy Police as well as the ties between Jurai and the powerful Kuramitsu family. (We already saw how Jurai obtained their "Death Star" in GXP.)
  • Washu: Since Washu's technology was used to successfully attack Jurai, Tenchi marrying Washu brings her into House Misaki, ties Jurai to yet another Choushin, and since Washu has shown she will not do anything to go against Tenchi, she won't go against Jurai if he's accepted being a Juraian.
  • Noike: Internally, this strengthens the ties between House Masaki and House Kamiki. Politically, this helps Seto and since Noike would likely be head wife (based on her personality), Seto likely hopes to have some major influence over Tenchi's harem.
  • Ryo-ohki: Yes, she too would marry Tenchi. Though an artificial life form (bio-technology), Tenchi marrying Ryo-ohki adds another powerful ship to Jurai's side. They'd be keen on this since it was Ryo-ohki who destroyed several of their weaker (higher generation) tree-ships.

Whew.

I'm avoiding spoilers from non-subbed episodes (my Japanese isn't good enough to get everything) and I don't have time to post more here but I am blogging the series. ^_^ I will say that episode 8 is really good and that I'm going to have to take time to rewatch episode 1 again. I don't suppose anyone subbed the Blu-ray extended intro to that episode, did they?
As always thanks for the imput.

But I do have a question what about Tokimi?
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 02:45   Link #226
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
One thing about Ryo-Ohki, I mentioned this earlier, but I don't think Kenshi realizes that Ryo-Ohki is the ship form as well as the girl/rabbit form. By this time she probably looks like her teenage form from the manga, so all we're going to get out of her (unless he mentions a sister who eats carrots) is that his sister (Ryoko) has a ship (Ryo-Ohki), when they showed the ship that he was collecting the similar crystals.
It was shown in the official doujins that Ryo-Ouki is actually Kenshi's childhood playmate.
And more importantly, one of the Isekai characters pointed out that Kenshi makes cat noises when he is stressed out or surprised. I personally believe this is a habit Kenshi picked up from Ryo-Ouki.
Old 2009-12-24, 02:41   Link #227
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPNS View Post
But I do have a question what about Tokimi?
What about her?
Old 2009-12-24, 21:23   Link #228
RPNS

Is tokimi also a part of the harem?
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 04:14   Link #229
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:

Spoiler for spoil:

Whew.

Hahaha, quite a bit of detail there...

Does it matter if Tenchi really married all of those girls? He's never gonna leave any of them... he's a being greater than god for crying out loud... Tenchi and the gang will probably live on forever and repopulate the entire universe with countless godlike offspring... and then go on to conquer every other dimension (Kenshi is on the frontline) with their superior genes...

Really, lol.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 23:10   Link #230
Megrim27

Quote:
I mentioned TENCHI's wives just earlier. Ryoko, Ayeka and Noike.

Ryoko and Ayaka you know. But as far as Noike...
Spoiler for Massive complicated side stoy:
I thought the female version of Noike was picked up by Clay (or maybe Z) and planted into Noike. There is a scene where Noike tells of meeting up with her biological mother when in the GXP, so it couldn't have been her. Though if this is true, why Seto adopted her is something of a mystery. Anyone know how long before she shows up at Tenchi's door she was adopted? Wondering if she was adpoted specifically with the idea of being Tenchi's wife.

And excellent call about Ryo-Ohki as the playmate, probably why he sometimes runs about on all fours too, hehe.
Megrim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 17:53   Link #231
slidingk1

Episode 9 sub is out!!!

I swear at this rate poor guy is going to have to get married to the entire school population. To say the least his wives will be in the double digit territory.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 00:05   Link #232
Newhope

With Kenshi been sent instead of been summoned and all the talk early on in the series about losing contact with the goddess whats the odds that Tokimi is behind all of this, and the reference to the tree's reacting to Kenshi as well:P
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 03:54   Link #233
Kyosuke_Nanbu

The trees react with Kenshi only mean that he is a friend of nature nothing else.The Jurai Royal family's member only interact with the Royal Tree.

I wonder what generation the Royal tree that will shoose Kenshi if he is given a chance 1st or he will stumble on the last missing 1st Gen

With Ep 9 it is clear that someone sent Kenshi here and most possibly it is Tokimi because Washu has been focused in her Researches for 20000 years and Tsunami just stay with Jurai Family
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 13:03   Link #234
Rodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
The trees react with Kenshi only mean that he is a friend of nature nothing else.The Jurai Royal family's member only interact with the Royal Tree.

I wonder what generation the Royal tree that will shoose Kenshi if he is given a chance 1st or he will stumble on the last missing 1st Gen

With Ep 9 it is clear that someone sent Kenshi here and most possibly it is Tokimi because Washu has been focused in her Researches for 20000 years and Tsunami just stay with Jurai Family
In GXP when Seina finds the giant robot and they find a 1st generation seed in it Seto explains that she talked with Tsunami about it and that there was only 2 original seeds.. one belongs to the emperor and the other Seina.

Kenshi did not produce light hawk wings but has a light attribute. Tokimi may be involved since she was the only goddess to follow their original plan and create chaos. And during the last episode when they we’re holding court on Misao and Mashisu (Tenchi Ryo-OHki OVA’s) Tokimi was asked why she was there and she said she had a few dimensions in need of repair. But I still think that Washu (she's been kicking around for 150,000+ years) has something to do with this world as far as her experiments to create a higher dimensional being.

Washu Hakubi: Your sex appeal, of course.

Ryoko:
Hey, I'll have you know that my body shape hasn't changed in the past 700 years! What do you think of that, you big fat smart-alleck?
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 03:32   Link #235
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
In GXP when Seina finds the giant robot and they find a 1st generation seed in it Seto explains that she talked with Tsunami about it and that there was only 2 original seeds.. one belongs to the emperor and the other Seina.

Kenshi did not produce light hawk wings but has a light attribute. Tokimi may be involved since she was the only goddess to follow their original plan and create chaos. And during the last episode when they we’re holding court on Misao and Mashisu (Tenchi Ryo-OHki OVA’s) Tokimi was asked why she was there and she said she had a few dimensions in need of repair. But I still think that Washu (she's been kicking around for 150,000+ years) has something to do with this world as far as her experiments to create a higher dimensional being.
The Emperors tree isn't one of the two seeds Tsunami give to that the person visting Juri Seina has one the other is still missing, there's more than 2 frist gen tree's they just don't choose to partner very often. I know for a fact that there's at least 4 frist gen tree's unpartnered at the time of the Emperors tree ceremony.
Old 2010-01-07, 06:15   Link #236
gbaka34

I think the tree he was talking about was Tsunami which is Sasami's tree and it's a Zero generation tree, but yea the chances of Kenshi creating light hawk wings is pretty high if he uses that sekishi unit which doll used.
gbaka34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 06:54   Link #237
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaka34 View Post
I think the tree he was talking about was Tsunami which is Sasami's tree and it's a Zero generation tree, but yea the chances of Kenshi creating light hawk wings is pretty high if he uses that sekishi unit which doll used.
The way he said it made it sound like the Emperors tree is one of the two seeds Tsunami give to the precursor civilization but it isn't only senia's is.

Here's a good site with info on the tree's

http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/
Old 2010-01-07, 22:25   Link #238
Rodan

Spoiler for Royal Trees from "http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/Articles/Royal_Trees.html":

I stand (or sit) corrected. There was 5 first gen seeds. But I still don't think you'll find a royal seed in this series (since everything so far has been dependent on the Ahou to make the Seikishi move.. unless of course the royal tree has been planted on the planet and is creating this. But the tree would be more powerfull then to limit the effect to certain areas I'd think.) And I also beleive doll was created by Washu.

Washu Hakubi: Your sex appeal, of course.

Ryoko:
Hey, I'll have you know that my body shape hasn't changed in the past 700 years! What do you think of that, you big fat smart-alleck?
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 01:51   Link #239
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
With Kenshi been sent instead of been summoned and all the talk early on in the series about losing contact with the goddess whats the odds that Tokimi is behind all of this, and the reference to the tree's reacting to Kenshi as well:P
I was watching Tenchi Myo third season part seven and found an interesting part which maybe linked, at the wedding reminecence scene around 23 :23 Ryoko questions why Tokimi was standing at the alter, Tokimi answers that is why I was there, which is a S-E-C-R-E-T.
Old 2010-01-08, 02:37   Link #240
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I was watching Tenchi Myo third season part seven and found an interesting part which maybe linked, at the wedding reminecence scene around 23 :23 Ryoko questions why Tokimi was standing at the alter, Tokimi answers that is why I was there, which is a S-E-C-R-E-T.
Well, if you are suggesting that Tokimi was there at the wedding to bless that union, so to speak, and to somehow influence their future offspring... Well, this wouldn't be the first time.

But yeah. To have one of the Goddesses that created the universe present at the Wedding ON the Altar is really something else. Come to think of it, it is stranger that the two other Goddeses are sitting out on the ceremony.

This reminded me of another anime where the main character suddenly woke up as a deity. She ended up really hating to participate in all the festivals where she was suppose to be honored.
"But I don't like doing this!" She shouted on the chair as an army of people carry her around the town.
"You are a God, so do your job, grin and bear it!" Shouted back one of her friends.