AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-02, 01:55   Link #61
slidingk1

Thank you so much for subbing another episode. Talk about taking one for the team.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 01:56   Link #62
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornography View Post
We've released episode 04, mkv softsubs 720p version. We'll be releasing a hardsubbed xvid soon, and a 1080p version with much fancier karaoke. We'll be redoing eps 1-3. Episode 05 is currently being done, but dont expect it next week. School just started for me and right now, i'm the main timer/typesetter/QC. And we don't have a dedicated translator, the one we're using now charges me $50 per translation so, the episode 05 will be released closer towards the end of this month. It's already partially timed so no worries, I just have to pay the translator again. Please visit us at #hakubi@irchighway.net ( we changed names from Zettai_Ryo-Ohki since ZRO is too long and we just didn't like saying it.
Thanks you very much. The episode itself was really good quality but the opening sequence was rather laggy for me.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:19   Link #63
Infornography

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Thanks you very much. The episode itself was really good quality but the opening sequence was rather laggy for me.

It's because this release used softsub karaoke instead of hardsub. All releases from here on out will have hardsub karaoke. Also there'll be a version 2 with hardsubbed karaoke in place.
Infornography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:09   Link #64
cyberdemon

Quote:
It's because this release used softsub karaoke instead of hardsub. All releases from here on out will have hardsub karaoke. Also there'll be a version 2 with hardsubbed karaoke in place.
k, thanks a lot
Old 2009-09-02, 15:24   Link #65
ThoHell

I highly doubt Kenshi was summon or is lost. In the Tenchi's universe technology is on a godly level (they have Washu and those other mad scientist for goodness sakes) along with unrivaled magic power (that which made the universe), going through time or other dimension so a small feat. Tracking someone and going after them through space and time is an easy task for them. So if they wanted to, they could of come for Kenshi long ago. Just something to think about...

Kenshi is without a doubt the strongest person on that planet yet no one really questions it. No one can rival him in strength or speed unless in a Seikjin. Well, I guess he really hasn't made his abilities known or cares to do so. I don't see how he can't tell that Dagmyer is that masked guy trying to kill him in ep.01 when he has super smelling ability that nearly has pinpoint accuracy...
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-09-02 at 15:38.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:17   Link #66
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I highly doubt Kenshi was summon or is lost. In the Tenchi's universe technology is on a godly level (they have Washu and those other mad scientist for goodness sakes) along with unrivaled magic power (that which made the universe), going through time or other dimension so a small feat. Tracking someone and going after them through space and time is an easy task for them. So if they wanted to, they could of come for Kenshi long ago. Just something to think about...

Kenshi is without a doubt the strongest person on that planet yet no one really questions it. No one can rival him in strength or speed unless in a Seikjin. Well, I guess he really hasn't made his abilities known or cares to do so. I don't see how he can't tell that Dagmyer is that masked guy trying to kill him in ep.01 when he has super smelling ability that nearly has pinpoint accuracy...
his strength makes me wonder how good he is compared to Tenchi.

I have a theory that was brought up by the episode:

Spoiler for theory:

and lol at what Kenshi called Washu.
Old 2009-09-02, 16:30   Link #67
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
You are assuming they even noticed he left.

If Kenshi returned to his world at exactly the same point as when he was first summoned, no one would be worried about him missing.
Old 2009-09-02, 16:45   Link #68
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You are assuming they even noticed he left.

If Kenshi returned to his world at exactly the same point as when he was first summoned, no one would be worried about him missing.
And what is it you're assuming here? Rather random that you pointed that out, but it's good to have all points be made. It's that pulsing scene with dialogue at the beginning of ep.01 that made me question the summoning.

Since we're only half way through, hardly anything is known. But do you really think the 3 goddesses wouldn't notice(the controllers/creators of all of time and space), especially Washu who takes interest in all sorts of mysteries. If this world, the world Kenshi is currently in, has that kind of ability to affect time that much, they aren't showing it or maybe that ability isn't even of their world...

Anyways, I think I'm taking too much of Tenchi universe into consideration and should just be watching this for what it is now.
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-09-02 at 16:57.
Old 2009-09-02, 17:06   Link #69
slidingk1

wow talk about intermingling so many concepts. Anyhow does someone know the release dates for this anime?? Seems like raws don't really come out till the DVD's go on sale.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 17:15   Link #70
ThoHell

Uh, ep. 07 on the 18th of this month. Back to hibernation mode. Watching too much anime or staring at my comp screen too longs gives me a headache...
Old 2009-09-02, 17:55   Link #71
Washu-chan!

mabye he wasnt summoned. but was sent by washu, mabye she found a new dimention and out of curiosity sent kenshi there just a theory
also this is set in the tenchi muyo ryo ohki series about 16 years after GXP
btw kenshi is tenchis half brother and noboyuki and rea's (think thats her name not sure about spellin) son
by now tenchi is around 33 now btw heres a timeline http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/
pretty good website i recomend
Old 2009-09-02, 20:47   Link #72
achirist

Yes, thank you so much Infornography! I hope you get a translator that doesn't charge you...

edit: (never mind - I've found seeds.)
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 22:35   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
For some reason in episode 4 from 3:40-7:09 i felt like i was watching Tenchi Muyo GPX all over again.

Infornography thank you so much you have no idea how happy i am you guys are subbing this even though i know its tough with your own personal life just thought some thanks were in order.
Old 2009-09-03, 01:13   Link #74
Infornography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
For some reason in episode 4 from 3:40-7:09 i felt like i was watching Tenchi Muyo GPX all over again.

Infornography thank you so much you have no idea how happy i am you guys are subbing this even though i know its tough with your own personal life just thought some thanks were in order.
Wow! Someone else besides me who enjoyed GXP?! Shocking!

Btw, does anyone have the Tenchi Muyo Novels? I might be able to get those translated as well. Also in regards to the Kenshi discussion:

Rewatch Episode 01. They're talking about Kenshi being a beast or something. But we know he was sent there for a reason, most likely by Washu. Because in the episode 01, the intro they're talking about convincing Kenshi. It's all in text.

Again, this is the reason I'll probably be redoing episode 01.

Ah, but episode 01 + 2 takes backseat priority to new episodes. We'll work on the back episodes on our downtime.
Infornography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 02:27   Link #75
cyberdemon

Quote:
Wow! Someone else besides me who enjoyed GXP?! Shocking!

Btw, does anyone have the Tenchi Muyo Novels? I might be able to get those translated as well. Also in regards to the Kenshi discussion:

Rewatch Episode 01. They're talking about Kenshi being a beast or something. But we know he was sent there for a reason, most likely by Washu. Because in the episode 01, the intro they're talking about convincing Kenshi. It's all in text.

Again, this is the reason I'll probably be redoing episode 01.

Ah, but episode 01 + 2 takes backseat priority to new episodes. We'll work on the back episodes on our downtime.
I personally liked GXP as well. It was funny and i liked the girls in that ones.

Take your time. I don't think anyone will complain as long as we are getting our fill of this show with all the work you're putting into it.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:12   Link #76
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I have a theory that was brought up by the episode:

Spoiler for theory:

That is a very interesting theory!

I don't think Washu was necessarily the one who sent him there, or that she and the family know where he is and could get him back anytime--probably the only one who would do that intentionally is Tokimi--as she has no emotional connection to the Tenchi clan. There could definitely be special circumstances whereby he could be behind some mysterious wall that the three goddesses nor Tenchi could cross.
Old 2009-09-06, 00:49   Link #77
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
That is a very interesting theory!

I don't think Washu was necessarily the one who sent him there, or that she and the family know where he is and could get him back anytime--probably the only one who would do that intentionally is Tokimi--as she has no emotional connection to the Tenchi clan. There could definitely be special circumstances whereby he could be behind some mysterious wall that the three goddesses nor Tenchi could cross.
My view, is that the Goddesses have enough Foresight to know Kenshi will be just fine, and in fact will be better off for everyone for him to deal with his situation on his own. Hell, the way it's going he is going to get a few excellent wives out of it beside becoming a hero. If I am a deity who knows this, it would be mean to drag him back home too early wouldn't it?

I am curious to note that Earthlings are the ONLY people who gets summoned in the Isekai universe. Strange because as we know, Tenchi Muyo's universe is covered with habitable planets and has countless alien species. This likely means there is a portal that is ONLY on Earth, which is damn suspicious.
(Another fact is that the Isekai world is only aware of what normal Earthlings know; i.e. we haven't reached further than the moon and we don't have inter galactic spaceships. Someone is covering things up...)
Old 2009-09-14, 01:51   Link #78
shrike
The Will of Metatron

I wonder if we'll ever see Tenchi's kids. I'm assuming that Isekai takes place in 2011 Earthtime, as Kenshi's 15 (right?), so they'd be 8. Almost . . . Nanoha age. Oh dear.

Anyhow, I've been quite enjoying Isekai. The 45 minute format is a nice change and overall it's moved very well.
shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 11:43   Link #79
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike View Post
I wonder if we'll ever see Tenchi's kids. I'm assuming that Isekai takes place in 2011 Earthtime, as Kenshi's 15 (right?), so they'd be 8. Almost . . . Nanoha age. Oh dear.
I wouldn't mind seeing Tenchi's kids either
Old 2009-09-14, 17:10   Link #80
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike View Post
What makes you think Tenchi would necessarily have kids already? But apparently, when asked about a fourth Tenchi OVA, Mashima has talked about depicting Tenchi's love life--not his grown-up kids.