AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-27, 09:25   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
kid prodigies

I was *wondering* if that kid was going to get a gig with Ozzy or not.... I saw the episode on the US talk show "Ellen" where the kid played his tune and then was surprised by Ozzy coming out to meet him. The kid's reaction was stellar (essentially "omigodwtfbbq!!!!!!!")
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 01:22   Link #142
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Well if you're planning on getting a new guitar, you better be getting an electric. BETTER BE!! :P


K-On's inspiring to play drums... But I've only just begun guitar less than a year ago and was told not to jump Maybe I'll just settle for a pair of sticks and a practice pad (or hook up my rockband drums to the computer lol)
For a new player, it is probably best to stick to acoustic at first. A good acoustic is cheaper than a good electric, for one.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:27   Link #143
Kazu
Flowing
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
If any of you have seen my comments you would know I hate K-on and that I'm a BECK fanboy, but anything is inspiring even in a way you don't think it is, it's inspiring me in a learn from others mistakes kind of way, Their band hardly plays, so I try practicing more etc etc
__________________
Kazu is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:56   Link #144
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
If any of you have seen my comments you would know I hate K-on and that I'm a BECK fanboy, but anything is inspiring even in a way you don't think it is, it's inspiring me in a learn from others mistakes kind of way, Their band hardly plays, so I try practicing more etc etc
That's an fairly interesting take on it. Their lack of practice never really inspire me to practice more. Just seeing their results encourages me to get there. Maybe it's better than I don't see their endless practice (it'll just discourage me lol).
__________________
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-08-30, 04:17   Link #145
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in Ritsu's hands
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
That's an fairly interesting take on it. Their lack of practice never really inspire me to practice more. Just seeing their results encourages me to get there. Maybe it's better than I don't see their endless practice (it'll just discourage me lol).
The same case with me. When I watch their practise I don't feel the need to practise more or something. I just enjoy the music.
__________________
Ritsu026 is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 21:19   Link #146
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 19
Hm... I realized that although K-ON isn't the biggest inspiration in me learning guitar, it does really well in inspiring me weekly to go and practice everytime a new episode comes out. Yeah sure, not every episodes about playing music (recently it seems like not many at all lol), but whenever I watch K-ON I suddenly have an urge to go practice playing guitar.
__________________
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-09-01, 21:38   Link #147
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Hm... I realized that although K-ON isn't the biggest inspiration in me learning guitar, it does really well in inspiring me weekly to go and practice everytime a new episode comes out. Yeah sure, not every episodes about playing music (recently it seems like not many at all lol), but whenever I watch K-ON I suddenly have an urge to go practice playing guitar.
my new inspiration is Paul McCartney and the Beatles
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 00:43   Link #148
Kazu
Flowing
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
my new inspiration is Paul McCartney and the Beatles
Are you saying paul mcCartney because of his solo stuff?

Anyways has there been any rock references in the second season, i've only watched the first season and i'm not even going to bother with it unless there are some rock refs to make somewhat better to watch.

WARNING possible BECK fanboyism coming ahead!
__________________
Kazu is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 02:03   Link #149
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in Ritsu's hands
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
my new inspiration is Paul McCartney and the Beatles
dude , I'm playing Beatles on my guitar , too. If you want some sheets PM me.
__________________
Ritsu026 is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 05:09   Link #150
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
heck...this is new...

K-on's songs insipred me to make fandubs with vocaloids loool.
ronelm2000 is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 07:22   Link #151
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Are you saying paul mcCartney because of his solo stuff?

Anyways has there been any rock references in the second season, i've only watched the first season and i'm not even going to bother with it unless there are some rock refs to make somewhat better to watch.

WARNING possible BECK fanboyism coming ahead!
yes, plus i like the fact he is a lyrical master mind, created amazing songs, was part of one of the best bands of all time and learned how to play right hand guitar even though he is a lefty becuase they dident have left handed guitars at the time, he is also a good solo singer when performing guitar by him self
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 10:52   Link #152
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
my new inspiration is Paul McCartney and the Beatles
That's awesome ^^ I've never really gotten into The Beatles. If anything, I was more into The Who's and Paul Gilbert's stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Are you saying paul mcCartney because of his solo stuff?

Anyways has there been any rock references in the second season, i've only watched the first season and i'm not even going to bother with it unless there are some rock refs to make somewhat better to watch.

WARNING possible BECK fanboyism coming ahead!
Dude, if you know you're going to dislike K-ON why bother wasting your time :P Music is it's theme, but it isn't focused purely on music. Just drop it now and save yourself and K-ON fans from the hate :P

There aren't any rock references asides from the very rare occasional mention. The show revolves around the characters more than the music. Like I said, music's just the theme.
__________________
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 12:27   Link #153
Kazu
Flowing
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
That's awesome ^^ I've never really gotten into The Beatles. If anything, I was more into The Who's and Paul Gilbert's stuff.



Dude, if you know you're going to dislike K-ON why bother wasting your time :P Music is it's theme, but it isn't focused purely on music. Just drop it now and save yourself and K-ON fans from the hate :P

There aren't any rock references asides from the very rare occasional mention. The show revolves around the characters more than the music. Like I said, music's just the theme.
I'm just saying my opinion, yeah I could just not say it and avoid flames, but I feel the need to express myself.

I know K-on is more about the girls than the actual music part of it and thats all the music is in the show, a small part of it

But even Beck is not the master music anime, it also focuses on the relationship of the main and his girlfriend and the harsh reality of surviving in a band and making it big

But if you enjoy moe girls playing instruments and it inspires you for whatever reason thats your opinion

you could hate BECK for all I care, I can name several mistakes about it , but its still my fav.
__________________
Kazu is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 12:52   Link #154
krko
The Movie is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Unibesidad ng Komunistang Pilipino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
I'm just saying my opinion, yeah I could just not say it and avoid flames, but I feel the need to express myself.

I know K-on is more about the girls than the actual music part of it and thats all the music is in the show, a small part of it

But even Beck is not the master music anime, it also focuses on the relationship of the main and his girlfriend and the harsh reality of surviving in a band and making it big

But if you enjoy moe girls playing instruments and it inspires you for whatever reason thats your opinion

you could hate BECK for all I care, I can name several mistakes about it , but its still my fav.
And you're completely missing the point as to how K-On can inspire people to play music. K-On inspires by showing how fun it is to be in a band while showing a coming-of-age story.

Also, while I understand that you have your right to your own opinion, saying it like that comes of as abrasive and will more likely result in flames than actual discussion.
krko is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 13:46   Link #155
Kazu
Flowing
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
And you're completely missing the point as to how K-On can inspire people to play music. K-On inspires by showing how fun it is to be in a band while showing a coming-of-age story.

Also, while I understand that you have your right to your own opinion, saying it like that comes of as abrasive and will more likely result in flames than actual discussion.
I see, but don't most music animes do

Black Heaven showed how fun it look to play guitar as well and it even had an even more amazing soundtrack

Beck does it almost the same way K-ON! does showing the fun in the band as well as putting passion and your soul into your own music, even the way how they play in the clubs and see the crowds reaction

Nodame made piano look interesting to me, the way a great pianist plays and how it's as if their hands are floating

Most music animes show how great it is to be in a musical group

Sure some argue in some groups and even real music groups do, but they show how determination and trust can pull through

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
yes, plus i like the fact he is a lyrical master mind, created amazing songs, was part of one of the best bands of all time and learned how to play right hand guitar even though he is a lefty becuase they dident have left handed guitars at the time, he is also a good solo singer when performing guitar by him self
thats cool! you should check out David Gilmour and Pink Floyd, they might be hard to get in to but once you get through the 30 minute intros( i'm exaggerating of cours,but they do have pretty long intros) you'll see the musical geniuses they are

Some songs from them I thought were great

Time
Great gig in the sky
Comfortably numb
Brain Damage
On an Island
Us and Them
Smile
__________________

Last edited by Kazu; 2010-09-02 at 14:09.
Kazu is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 13:50   Link #156
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
I'm just saying my opinion, yeah I could just not say it and avoid flames, but I feel the need to express myself.

I know K-on is more about the girls than the actual music part of it and thats all the music is in the show, a small part of it

But even Beck is not the master music anime, it also focuses on the relationship of the main and his girlfriend and the harsh reality of surviving in a band and making it big

But if you enjoy moe girls playing instruments and it inspires you for whatever reason thats your opinion

you could hate BECK for all I care, I can name several mistakes about it , but its still my fav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
And you're completely missing the point as to how K-On can inspire people to play music. K-On inspires by showing how fun it is to be in a band while showing a coming-of-age story.

Also, while I understand that you have your right to your own opinion, saying it like that comes of as abrasive and will more likely result in flames than actual discussion.
Yeah, that :P

It sure sounds more like hate talk than discussion, but that might be unintentional xD

I'm not saying K-ON is a great or bad show, but it's obvious that it isn't the show for you :P Beck is more slice-of-life + drama + romance and K-ON is more slice-of-life + comedy + moe. You're making it seem like we're attacking you or something because you prefer Beck over K-ON.

Edit: By the way, Kazu, since you've seen a lot of anime about music, asides form Beck, which one would you recommend the most? I'm just wondering
__________________
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 14:06   Link #157
Kazu
Flowing
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Yeah, that :P

It sure sounds more like hate talk than discussion, but that might be unintentional xD

I'm not saying K-ON is a great or bad show, but it's obvious that it isn't the show for you :P Beck is more slice-of-life + drama + romance and K-ON is more slice-of-life + comedy + moe. You're making it seem like we're attacking you or something because you prefer Beck over K-ON.

Edit: By the way, Kazu, since you've seen a lot of anime about music, asides form Beck, which one would you recommend the most? I'm just wondering
I'm just letting you know my opinion

I see what you think you see what I think= discussion sort of

It's not like i'm going be Spamming K-ON! SUCKS! BECK RULZ!

I don't hate the show completely though, just so you know

I actually liked Azusa ,she was such a pure lovely musican, till she was defiled by that so called cake and tea, more like lazy food

That was my horrible attempt for joke

I actually haven't seen much Musical anime, have you read the Beck manga it goes father than the anime and the art actually gets a whole lot better

Black Heaven was pretty good but it only had like three songs
one thats played pretty much every episode and then there is this one amazing song that just blew by brains across the computer at the last episode.

Nodame Cantabile is pretty good, but it's classical music so if that ain't you're thing the too bad

I don't really look for much music, but rather animes/manga with instruments in them

like Solanin a manga(yes, a manga, use your brain, to imagine the songs) featured instruments but is more on the drama side
__________________
Kazu is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 14:30   Link #158
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Making metal ... for fish
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
I see, but don't most music animes do
In K-ON!!, music takes a distinct second to the cutesy slife-of-life (serving primarily as a source of merchandising.) In season two, we have ( . . . counts . . . ) six episodes having to do with music, and a couple more episodes where music is part of the B plot.

From that, we get five performances. One rhythm guitar solo (of a season one song) from Yui in Episode 1, a band performance in episode 7 (an episode having nothing to do with music,) Yui and Azusa doing a traditional Japanese re-interpretation of one of the season 1 songs in episode 9, Sawako's old band shredding everyone's faces off in episode 10, and the final school festival performance in episode 20.

I don't know how it is for other "music" anime shows, but that a bit less than a quarter of the episodes devoted to music.

Quote:
Beck does it almost the same way K-ON! does showing the fun in the band as well as putting passion and your soul into your own music, even the way how they play in the clubs and see the crowds reaction
We get this four times in the second season. The episode 7 performance, episode 10, episode 12 (where the girls are spectators, and not performers,) and episode 20.

Quote:
Most music animes show how great it is to be in a musical group
K-ON!! shows how great it is to be a girl in high school with a tight group of friends; all of whom just happen to be in the music club.
__________________
Go into the water. Live there. Die there.
GMT is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 15:03   Link #159
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
I'm just letting you know my opinion
I see what you think you see what I think= discussion sort of
It's not like i'm going be Spamming K-ON! SUCKS! BECK RULZ!
I don't hate the show completely though, just so you know
I actually liked Azusa ,she was such a pure lovely musican, till she was defiled by that so called cake and tea, more like lazy food
That was my horrible attempt for joke
I actually haven't seen much Musical anime, have you read the Beck manga it goes father than the anime and the art actually gets a whole lot better
Black Heaven was pretty good but it only had like three songs
one thats played pretty much every episode and then there is this one amazing song that just blew by brains across the computer at the last episode.
Nodame Cantabile is pretty good, but it's classical music so if that ain't you're thing the too bad
I don't really look for much music, but rather animes/manga with instruments in them
like Solanin a manga(yes, a manga, use your brain, to imagine the songs) featured instruments but is more on the drama side
Ah, alright, my bad then, haha.

So have you decided whether you're going to finish the series?
__________________
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-09-02, 15:11   Link #160
Kazu
Flowing
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Ah, alright, my bad then, haha.

So have you decided whether you're going to finish the series?
possibly,maybe for azusa,maybe
__________________
Kazu is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.