AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-11, 06:41   Link #1
Lost in the crowd
Romance is the sheet

Ok ok. Romance/Action anime please, i need a good one.

Ok well I've seen a lot of these suggestions lol and theres allways things like Shakura and Zero, and other old types of anime. Im looking for somthing special. Somthing you fall in love with (lame i know but hey whats a guy to do lol). Something thats got ACTUAL romance. Not the fooling around and stuff like shakugan where you dont really know who's with who. Somthing like Elemental Gelade and Eureka 7. I dont care if it doest have action but just a nice romance. (good ending please, i hate getting attached to characters then watching them crach and burn, japanese and their flare for the dramatic lol) but anyway yeah.

Very picky sorry
Old 2009-05-11, 06:58   Link #2
qwertyuiopz

full metal panic(it gets better at the 2nd season since it switched companies)
soul eater
higurashi(horror)
this ugly yet beautiful world
school rumble(not action genre but has some action episodes)
overdrive(sports)

check their ops on youtube
Old 2009-05-11, 07:05   Link #3
Lost in the crowd
Romance is the sheet

i was watching FMP for a while, the romance seemed a little wierd and i was told by someone that the anime didnt end so i kinda stopped. Soul eater is really good seen most of that, to bad the maka and soul didnt get together.

This ugly yet beutiful world was good, sadish ending and i havnt seen the others. I'll check them out thnxs.
Old 2009-05-11, 07:06   Link #4
Lost in the crowd
Romance is the sheet

oh higurashi is that scary one. Im more in the mood for a nice anime. happy ending or good. Mostly where the main chara's end up together
Old 2009-05-11, 07:13   Link #5
qwertyuiopz

o youve seen most of them
i picked higurashi since it does have a nice happy ending

heres a few more but they are less in action and more in romance
cardcaptors(warning: magic girl)
clannad
seto no hanayome
myself yourself
Old 2009-05-11, 07:20   Link #6
Lost in the crowd
Romance is the sheet

watching myself youself now really cool, i know the ending and its a type of anime i would go for. Didnt really like the end of clannad, cardcaptor lol going back years, watched that before i went to school on tv lol and set no hanayome is with the mermaid right, yeah i was watching that stopped for some reason. Might get back to it.
Old 2009-05-11, 07:23   Link #7
Lost in the crowd
Romance is the sheet

overdrive looks ok i might have a look thxs. Have you got any with a bit of action???. Like elemental gelade
Old 2009-05-11, 08:00   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Would Ah My Goddess the movie be action enough?

It certainly has the romance and you know who is with who...

Full Metal Panic is pretty decent once you get to "The Second Raid" series.
Old 2009-05-11, 08:02   Link #9
Lost in the crowd
Romance is the sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Would Ah My Goddess the movie be action enough?

It certainly has the romance and you know who is with who...

Full Metal Panic is pretty decent once you get to "The Second Raid" series.
is Ah my goddess movie, does the main charas end up together
Old 2009-05-11, 12:43   Link #10
velkito

In my opinion, romance is the strongest side of the movie Ah My Goddess, while the action and the music are the strongest sides of the special Ah My Goddess Fighting Wings
Old 2009-05-11, 16:16   Link #11
qwertyuiopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the crowd View Post
overdrive looks ok i might have a look thxs. Have you got any with a bit of action???. Like elemental gelade
overdrive may start off a little shaky but once the race takes place u get extremely hooked

i havent watched these yet but tenjho tenge and strongest disciple kenichi should also fit what ur looking for
Old 2009-05-11, 16:28   Link #12
oompa loompa

give either toradora or itazura na kiss a try.. of course if youre into classics maison ikkoku is the way to go
Old 2009-05-11, 17:02   Link #13
cerrian

Crest/Banner of the Stars for one of my favorite pairings.
Old 2010-08-10, 23:54   Link #14
canonpix1
3rd place anime lover :p

This might be rlly late but i think shakugan no shana would be a number 1 in my book its pretty good
Old 2010-08-11, 01:33   Link #15
barcode120x
NS

Here's my suggestions in terms of "good ending/no crash/burn endings"

NO action:
Kimikiss Pure Rouge - great plot, good characters, quite an unexpected ending
Kimi Ni Todoke - this kind of goes against what you actually want, but IMO you'll "fall in love" (I did) with the characters and the ending is pretty good
Gift Eternal Rainbow - not sure if you'd "fall in love" with the characters, but a good plot/ending
Clannad - Epic, tearjerker!
Itazura Na Kiss - This TOTALLY fits the category
Okusama wa Joshikosei - I would say full on romance, not sure if you would get attached to the characters and ending is good enough
Old 2010-08-11, 02:05   Link #16
Qwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Kimikiss Pure Rouge - great plot, good characters, quite an unexpected ending
unless im overlooking something major since I havent seen the show recently, isn't the ending pretty much exactly how you would expect it to be a good ending?
Old 2010-08-11, 02:19   Link #17
Aqua Knight

Fate/Stay night

Main hero is somewhat hesitant to choose who he loves but then he decides once and for all. Action is very good and plot too.

Also there's movie coming where the love interest is switched towards another girl.
Old 2010-08-11, 02:19   Link #18
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwey View Post
unless im overlooking something major since I havent seen the show recently, isn't the ending pretty much exactly how you would expect it to be a good ending?
Unexpected endings can vary from good or bad, depends on how the situation in the anime is going, so you will never know till you watch it yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Fate/Stay night

Main hero is somewhat hesitant to choose who he loves but then he decides once and for all. Action is very good and plot too.

Also there's movie coming where the love interest is switched towards another girl.
I never found the main character struggling to find the true love he was going for, I thought it was pretty straight foward.
Old 2010-08-11, 06:50   Link #19
kitten320

So you want romance/action anime with actual pairings and positive ending?

The first thing that came to my mind was Mai HiME... it has an actual pairings in it and each one is unique in its own way. Series have good action as well. At first it starts with comedy but later drama strikes in. But don't be deceived, no matter how sad things look, I promise you a positive ending there.
Series are also among my top 5.

FMA: Brotherhood has an actual pairing at the end but romance is not the main theme of the show.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - it isn't really action one, but has a 100% pairing. Though series are ongoing.

Angel Beats! - Has both romance and action, though some drama included. Watch till the end even after credits.

Clannad - not so much action but... just watch till the end and don't drop it after some tragedy strikes. It has positive ending.

Fate/Stay Night - has romance, action... ending, well it depends on what you consider happy.

Inuyasha
- long lasting series but has both action and romance. Though about ending it completely depends on which pairing you support more.

Kanon 2006
- same as Clannad, watch till the end.

Love Hina - a comedy, slight action but mostly main character flying out of roof. Has a 100% pairing and some possible ones, it is harem show. But manga is better.

Green Green - comedy, has pairing... even two. Ending depends on which pairing you like more though there is also extra episode but it is hentai, but still a good episode.

Spice and Wolf - romance

Valkyria Chronicles
- action, romance... a confirmed pairing.

Toradora - comedy

Suzuka
- this one is more drama like since it involves love triangle but over all a positive ending.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:34   Link #20
barcode120x
NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwey View Post
I too haven't seen it since it first came out in subs, so maybe I'm missin out of something too but from what I remember:
Spoiler for Kimikiss Pure Rouge:

I am re-downloading it as we speak