AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-05-19, 03:21   Link #41
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

I haven't tried combofix before, I hardly catch virii these days despite my fool-ish way of surfing the net (fools rush in where angels fear to tread).

Looks like I need a serious update on my computer skills. I didn't know that XP cannot boot in MS-DOS.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 04:13   Link #42
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
You could still have unknown backdoors in your PC. I would not feel very well doing online banking on it. Btw. Combofix reminds of something, I had to use it on my aunts PC once.
yes the atmf.dll was still there but the kind people at hijack this checked the various logs from cobo, hijack and malwarebytes for me and wrote me a nice script to remove atmf.dll without it coming back, after that they checked again and everything is now clean =D

how I experience it myself well my discmanagement etc. is all back to normal they had vanished again after the reformat a couple weeks back and they're still here

as for dos, it has been ages since I've worked with it lol
I used to know how as a kid since I was hooked to my dos pc almost every day lol
all those commands >.< uugh I remember having software for it in which you had 2 lists in your screen in a blue/greenish color where you could zip through the menu's and start your games

I remember the first time I was ever given a floppy with a game, which was full of virusses and we decided not to use it, after that I was given pokemon yellow but it was for win32 and unknowing of what I was doing I defragged it lol, coulndīt have run it anyway cause we had win 3.11 and had this pc so long that we eventually got win 98 rofl
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 12:02   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I haven't tried combofix before, I hardly catch virii these days despite my fool-ish way of surfing the net (fools rush in where angels fear to tread).

Looks like I need a serious update on my computer skills. I didn't know that XP cannot boot in MS-DOS.
Anymore, you have to use FreeDOS to do 'serious work' on Windows boxes. Win2K was the last Windows to have a fairly uncrippled command line interface. There are still some net commands in Vista or Win7 and you can still grab some toolsets in the "backrooms" of the administrator/IT sections on Microsoft.com
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 13:40   Link #44
Journeyman
That boring guy

Quote:
Anymore, you have to use FreeDOS to do 'serious work' on Windows boxes. Win2K was the last Windows to have a fairly uncrippled command line interface. There are still some net commands in Vista or Win7 and you can still grab some toolsets in the "backrooms" of the administrator/IT sections on Microsoft.com
Although that reply wasn't meant for me, thanks anyway.

While Windows Recovery Console (which is somewhat unreliable in my opinion), BartPE and Ubuntu/Knoppix do the job for me, it is always good to have an extra tool in the backpack

Last edited by Journeyman; 2009-05-19 at 14:02.
Journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 18:21   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yes, my Microsoft "password recovery" schtick with an Ubuntu disk never fails to impress the peasants.

But I like FreeDOS (especially for playing the really old games) ... problem is most of them just ASSUMED a certain clockspeed (blazing 80286) so unless one can "tune the clock" they're unplayable (though I do still have a working 80286 box that has the sole purpose of running FreeDOS and retro games for those "retro moments").
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 07:07   Link #46
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yes, my Microsoft "password recovery" schtick with an Ubuntu disk never fails to impress the peasants.

But I like FreeDOS (especially for playing the really old games) ... problem is most of them just ASSUMED a certain clockspeed (blazing 80286) so unless one can "tune the clock" they're unplayable (though I do still have a working 80286 box that has the sole purpose of running FreeDOS and retro games for those "retro moments").
What? Something like Pong or Space Command?

I tried FreeDOS before. It is a little confusing at first, but more or less got the hang of it.

Does it process TRS-DOS commands? I love the command that is used to delete files ("kill").

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:23   Link #47
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I still haven't found a graphical way of editing your default network routes on Windows. Gotta use the old "route add xxx...".

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote