AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-05-16, 12:36   Link #161
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
sandai kitetsu might be replaceable
I always imagined since there were three kitetsu blades, and Zoro practices a three sword style, that Zoro was gonna collect all three. It makes sense to me because all the Kitetsu blades are cursed and that seems to fit Zoro's theme, much like how he said he liked Sandai Kitetsu (presumably because it was cursed).
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 13:25   Link #162
syler321

zoro swords are strong,but dont forget when it comes to swords mihawk sword is the strongest sword in the world...

if i remember correcly when he met zorro in the beginng,he told him that his sword(miahwk ones)is called the strongest black sword in the world if im not mistaken...
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 13:36   Link #163
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
You are at the point of making this a pissing race between Blackbeard and Luffy no matter what. This is what I call a computer game plot. No real content to require much thinking, just action, beat it, kill it, go go go!!!
No, Luffy is the character with no real content he is just action, beat it kill it, go go!! It's just your mistake at thinking he is like the character in your sig [Conon/Jimmy]!

Quote:
Luffy is someone who is capable of abandoning a less priority mission for a higher priority one. You can try to paint him as an uber idiot but he is not. When it matters, he is someone you can expect to make a rational decision. And, if his feelings dictate that saving Ace would be a more important goal than trying to beat Blackbeard and fail afterwards, then make your choice.
It's Luffy's choice and rationality has yet to be seen with him.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 14:06   Link #164
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
zoro swords are strong,but dont forget when it comes to swords mihawk sword is the strongest sword in the world...

if i remember correcly when he met zorro in the beginng,he told him that his sword(miahwk ones)is called the strongest black sword in the world if im not mistaken...
Kokutou Yoru: The Black Blade Yoru, Yoru being 'night' and blade being 'katana'. It's also one of the 12 Saijou Oowazamono, and yes it the strongest in the world.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 14:25   Link #165
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Kokutou Yoru: The Black Blade Yoru, Yoru being 'night' and blade being 'katana'. It's also one of the 12 Saijou Oowazamono, and yes it the strongest in the world.

thats a very cool name,thanks for remember the full name of mihawk sword.

sho who is Oowazamono exctly? i guess the best sword maker right?

and if he got 12 of those,then theres 11 more realy strong swords right?
cos mihawk has one of his swords,and zoro can find one of the other 11...
Old 2009-05-17, 01:20   Link #166
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
sho who is Oowazamono exctly? i guess the best sword maker right?
From my pathetic knowledge of japanese I translate it as "great items of rumour" so I guess it refers to the swords themselves as a category.
Quote:
I am dreaming of Zoro defeating Shiryuu and hijacking his katana....
Looks like Shiryuu has different plans though...wonder if he stands a chance against BB.
Old 2009-05-17, 08:09   Link #167
syler321

[QUOTE=Kafriel;2399639]From my pathetic knowledge of japanese I translate it as "great items of rumour" so I guess it refers to the swords themselves as a category.

ok sure its reference to the swords them selfs,but someone had to make them right?so who is that someone?

usually katanas like the ones that zoro and mihawk have some talented swordsmaker that made them...

but anyway,maybe they will show about it a bit when zoro and mihawk meets..
Old 2009-05-17, 17:03   Link #168
strategos

Probably BlackBeard wannt to go and defeat Luffy in a matter of Pride more than bee famous. He might probably end up recruting Shiryuu

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 18:50   Link #169
marvelB

Oh yeah, something I missed from a couple pages back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
oh did anybody see that fool Wanze [from Water seven/Enie Lobby arc] on the floor?

I... don't think that was Wanze. Not only is he lacking the goggles (that guy's clearly wearing sunglasses), but his eyes aren't popped out, either. Besides, I see no reason for the ramen fighter to be incarcerated, anyhow.....

Anyway, since Blackbeard hijacked a battleship, I think it's safe to say that Luffy and the rest of the escapees now have the necessary transportation to reach Marineford. I still have a feeling that poor ol' Buggy and Mr. 3 will sneak aboard the ship first, unaware that they'll be heading straight into the lion's den.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-05-18 at 13:59.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 21:09   Link #170
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Well, that would be funny. After all there is no escape from their fate of fighting (they have been doing the back stabbing job for a long time, even though they had their helpful moments). Also, there is a possibility for Buggy to have been left out from his crew forever, especially if they went back to safe waters. In that case, he needs to find a new crew to help him search for his treasure.
Old 2009-05-17, 21:33   Link #171
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I... don't think that was Wane. Not only is he lacking the goggles (that guy's clearly wearing sunglasses), but his eyes aren't popped out, either. Besides, I see no reason for the ramen fighter to be incarcerated, anyhow.....
Ah, ok, It just reminded me of the guy.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 05:11   Link #172
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
its simply boring
for weak pepole like spandamm form cp9 sure thats a cool thing,but from someone like blackbeard i expect more of,im sure luffy or gold d roger didnt cared about those stuff,cos the true pirate king isnt the guy who has that ship,its the guy who is simply the strongest and the one who found one piece of course...

again those ships,pluton and the other ship just seems like a solution for weak ppl to gain power thats all...
from my poin of view some great pirate should has a great ship somehow.. like WB with moby dick (correct me if I'm wrong) or shank... it resemble their strength..
how could they have a mere ship if one clash of their sword could break the sky...??!the great pirate ship has to be strong??!!
(except for mihawk maybe..)

and if BlackBeard could get pluton in the next day... I wouldn't count it as minus for him.. just make him more badass...and I can't wait to see it!!

I could see sunny as a great pirate ship too.. with franky knowlenge about the blue print I can see sunny as a little version of the pluton... we will se sunny full potential soon or an upgrade maybe.. after franky come back from the Hi-tech island..
Old 2009-05-18, 07:23   Link #173
syler321

[QUOTE=nicepace;2401970]from my poin of view some great pirate should has a great ship somehow.. like WB with moby dick (correct me if I'm wrong) or shank... it resemble their strength..
how could they have a mere ship if one clash of their sword could break the sky...??!the great pirate ship has to be strong??!!

and if BlackBeard could get pluton in the next day... I wouldn't count it as minus for him.. just make him more badass...and I can't wait to see it!!QUOTE]

i understand what you mean about WB or shanks ship,and WB ship looks pretty massive but its not pluton...
a ship can be strong teh way sunny is the way franky is doing it,and im sure WB ship is also strong by it self but its not pluton,you see strong pepole dont need help from a ship realy,i mean you see luffy taking on shibubukais with a ship? no...
they need strong ships in order to be in the grand line,but WB is got nothing to do with his ship same goes for shanks and of course mihawk set the example to for a no need ship...

my point is,if blackbeard is really strong and wants to be the pirate king,he should do it the way luffy is doing it and the way WB is doing,by being strong and not by taking over some ship to gain control,even if he does gets a ship such as pluton it will help him only to gain control over places and that wont make him the pirate king...
Old 2009-05-18, 14:17   Link #174
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Well, that would be funny. After all there is no escape from their fate of fighting (they have been doing the back stabbing job for a long time, even though they had their helpful moments). Also, there is a possibility for Buggy to have been left out from his crew forever, especially if they went back to safe waters. In that case, he needs to find a new crew to help him search for his treasure.

I still have reason to believe that Buggy's crew will come back for him. The only reason they abandoned him in the first place was because of Alvida's influence. We've seen proof that they care for him, since they went to the trouble of purchasing an eternal pose and even sailing out to the calm belt to rescue him. My guess is that the crew will reunite with their captain after the dust clears at Marineford, hopefully along with Mr. 3 (it would be beneficial to him as well, since that would mean he gets a share of Captain John's treasure). Of course, I have no doubt that Buggy will still be under a lot of heat since he's almost guaranteed to get a hike on his bounty for busting out of prison......
Old 2009-05-18, 14:33   Link #175
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

I don't know. Maybe because I prefer a much more fitting crew for him (or maybe being a part of a very small crew almost everyone with equal shares, a modified version of the Blackbeard pirates).

I have never liked Alvida. She joined them using a Luffy-based connection. And now that kind of connection can be considered to be already over for Buggy, especially after getting the key to that famous treasure from Luffy and helping him and getting help from him along the way. As long as Alvida is with that crew, then it is better to not unite them at all.
Old 2009-05-18, 14:39   Link #176
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Buggy got Mr.3 as company, maybe seeing his bad way of thinking will make Buggy reconsider and be swayed to Luffy's side, but I can't be sure since their characters are ever-changing.
Old 2009-05-18, 15:24   Link #177
marvelB

Actually, I sorta figure that Buggy's crew might get rid of Alvida before reuniting with him. Again, it's because of her that they ditched him in the first place. She was always a bit of a party pooper anyway (I remember how she wanted to stop Buggy from throwing a party before Ace's arrival during the Jaya arc..... bitch).

Speaking of Ace, I believe it's possible that he might join Buggy, too. If Whitebeard's crew gets wiped out, at least he'll know of another crew that will accept him (hey, Buggy already told Luffy that the both of them became good buddies, right? ). Besides, I think that's a better alternative than say, Ace becoming a Straw-Hat......
Old 2009-05-18, 16:08   Link #178
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

If Buggy wants to go to the new world, then his old crew will not do the job. He was already captured once, and that happened before he ever gone too deep in those seas. Who can say he won't be captured again, or worst wiped out by another pirate group.

I think Buggy's crew has lived out their usefulness for Buggy. If we are to think of a happy ending for him, then what is happening at Impel Down is not a bad beginning for him.
Old 2009-05-18, 16:25   Link #179
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

If it was Strawhats in Buggy crew's place out there, they would die trying to save Luffy.Buggy's crew just left their captains to rot in there lol, I even wonder how did they survive their way around Impel Down to observe the place.

Even if they return to Buggy or not, I never acknowledged Buggy as a serious threat anyway.I'd prefer him getting back to his crew and make a filler about captain johns treasure instead of messing with big storyline guys.
Old 2009-05-19, 01:48   Link #180
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

[QUOTE=syler321;2402141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
from my poin of view some great pirate should has a great ship somehow.. like WB with moby dick (correct me if I'm wrong) or shank... it resemble their strength..

and if BlackBeard could get pluton in the next day... I wouldn't count it as minus for him.. just make him more badass...and I can't wait to see it!!QUOTE]

i understand what you mean about WB or shanks ship,and WB ship looks pretty massive but its not pluton...
a ship can be strong teh way sunny is the way franky is doing it,and im sure WB ship is also strong by it self but its not pluton,you see strong pepole dont need help from a ship realy,i mean you see luffy taking on shibubukais with a ship? no...
they need strong ships in order to be in the grand line,but WB is got nothing to do with his ship same goes for shanks and of course mihawk set the example to for a no need ship...

my point is,if blackbeard is really strong and wants to be the pirate king,he should do it the way luffy is doing it and the way WB is doing,by being strong and not by taking over some ship to gain control,even if he does gets a ship such as pluton it will help him only to gain control over places and that wont make him the pirate king...
I see it as both. You need to be strong to gain respect and overcome people in encounters or if you need to infiltrate. And of course being smart and a good strategist helps too, but it seems in shounen overly smart/genius people aren't often adored by people.

But being pirates (in ships on the sea), it is also important for you to have a strong ship, afterall the easiest way to down a rival crew is to sink the ship in the middle of the ocean. Especially in the new world where devil fruit pple are so abundant.

Unless you plan to have the captains or the strongmen in the ship crew to be like dragonball charaters. Flying around even if the ship sinks or protecting the ship with some forcefield generated by their strength.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote