AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-05-27, 09:29   Link #41
AceD
See You En' Tee

looks crap so far...;/

only Spice and Wolf 2 to look forward to, and ill watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei aswell
Old 2009-05-27, 10:45   Link #42
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Surprise surprise, summer season sucks. Nothing new on that end.

Thoughts
Spice and Wolf II: Blah. Wolf girl didn't entice me with the first season. Not even going to bother with 3 eps.

Cobra: I'm pretty sure I've seen the older anime and/or manga. I don't remember what happened, but I do remember I didn't like it. So no, no 3 eps for me.

Element Hunters: NHK productions, while not exactly the flashiest of animations, would be the more consistent among others. I usually enjoy their shows, and I'm willing to give this series a try. For all I know, it might be the next Dennou Coil...

Needless: Being shounen action, it has the potential to be one of the more popular shows of this season. Basically categorized by me as 'since I've got nothing else to watch...' kind of shows.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 : It's an original work, so I'm willing to give this a shot beyond my 3 episode grace period. Don't think it will last till 5 though, since I bet dollars to donuts there won't be any romance in it lol

Canaan: Well, I've heard the visual novel is amazing, helmed by co-founders of Type Moon. On top of that, Mari Okada (True Tears, Vampire Knight, and Toradora) is doing the series composition for it. I do wonder if I can last it though, since I've got a feeling that if there's romance in this series, it's gonna be yuri...

Aoi Hana: Speaking of Yuri... man, Kasai, the guy who I bow down to since he does the childhood friend archetype justice and thus wished for him to direct another series about it, just has to do the Les Yay version. Man, it's true to be careful what you wish for lol.

Umineko: Well, Higurashi did still suck me in despite its non-romance focus. Then again, that's because it was because of the character's psychotic tendencies (which I find amusing), but I don't think that applies here. Oh well, gonna give this a shot.

Taisho Yakyuu Musume: Hmmm... another Princess Nine clone, which admittedly, is rare in of itself. Hopefully, like Princess Nine, they also touch on het romance.

Zan Sayounara Zetsoubo Sensei: I kind of lost interest in Sensei after AFK went on hiatus, since I mainly watched it BECAUSE they were subbing it. Don't think I'd get into this.

Bakemonogatori: And just when I see a series that has a very good chance of me finishing it, I see it's done by Shaft. Oh well, I hope they work on this more like they did Natsu no Araishi, as Shaft has the tendency to put the early episodes of Lucky Star to shame in the scene transition department lol. I'm going to have faith....

Sora no Mani Mani: A story about a male/female childhood friend duo? Hell yeah! Now the only problem is that the show doesn't seem to be the type to be subbed, which is a big downer lol. XD

Hetalis Axis Powers: Hetalia's humorous takes on history just makes me keep going back for more.

Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou/Umi Monogatari/Kanamemo/GA : Yeargh... all female cast shows. I don't think I'll even bother, unless new character bios convince me that a male is present otherwise.

Princess Lover/Ichitokai no Ichizon: Not really a big fan of harem, but one male main character is infinitely more than the zero the previous 4 series I predict will have. XD

And if nothing else, at least I have Haruhi 2nd season to watch during the summer.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 13:37   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Maybe,
  • Umineko no Naku Koro ni
  • Taisho Yakyu Musume
  • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  • Canaan
  • Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou
  • Bakemonogatari
Dunno,
  • Weiss Schwarz
  • Geijutsuka Art Design Class
  • Umi Monogatari
  • Element Hunters
  • Summer Wars
Skeptical,
  • Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei (Third Season)
  • Kanamemo
  • Seitokai no Ichizon
Prolly not,
  • Fight Ippatsu! Jyuuden-chan!
  • Princess Lover
  • Sora no Manimani
  • Jungle Emperor
No,
  • Spice and Wolf II
  • Winter Sonata: The Animation
Gay,
  • Hetalia Axis Powers
  • La Corda D’Oro ~Secondo Passo~
  • Aoi Hana
Old 2009-05-31, 05:25   Link #44
Iron Maw
The Black Wing

Hmm, only 3 shows catch any sort of interest from me and that's Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Canaan and Bakemonogatari. I might check out Umineko no Naku Koro ni since it's being hyped so much, otherwise this season looks like a bust.=/

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2009-05-31 at 05:38.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 03:10   Link #45
Solafighter
Hige

- Spice and Wolf II
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
- Sayonara Sensei
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Gonna check these out.
Old 2009-06-03, 16:35   Link #46
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Plugging my preview of the Summer 2009 season. Bakemonogatari looks good to me.

Manga Blog: Manga Mosaic
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 01:02   Link #47
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
If anyone haven't saw this... here's the version 2 of the chart...

Spoiler for too big:

oh btw currently anticipating S&W II (my main anime to be watch this coming summer) and Zan Sayonara............... ^^

and will try Aoi Hana too ^^
Old 2009-06-06, 02:07   Link #48
gonzo562

im only looking forward to spice and wolf II

nothing else really catches my eyes.

But im sure some series this summer will surprise me and turn out to be good
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 13:39   Link #49
Scython

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Umineko: Well, Higurashi did still suck me in despite its non-romance focus. Then again, that's because it was because of the character's psychotic tendencies (which I find amusing), but I don't think that applies here. Oh well, gonna give this a shot.
Umineko is contains a lot more mindfuck then higurashi.
Spoiler:
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 13:44   Link #50
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Spoiler for Umineko:

Oh and I expect much for this summer~
Spice and Wolf II, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, CANAAN, Umineko no Naku Koro ni seem all really interesting (okay Umineko is a must watch, know the VN already)
and I'll look into Aoi Hana and GA for some relaxing ^^
I will properly watch Episode 1 from almost every series (except those who really don't get me interested) and judge then

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-06-06 at 17:38.
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 17:08   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.... organized by color and most of them I've not seen the source material so YMMV:
Highly Likely ---
Spice and Wolf 2
the story continues adapting the light novels...
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 3 more for me to love/hate.
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Really hoping to see something serious here, drifting towards Grave of the Fireflies but not necessarily that tragic.
Aoi Hana This *LOOKS* like it'll be sweet charming stuff but then I've not read the source material.
Taishou Yakyuu Musume a historical period (1925) baseball anime... this actually sounds interesting.

Probationary 3 or 4 episodes ---
Geijutsuka Art Design Class like Slice of Life says... is this becoming a genre? I can see why the setting is attractive though - its a gate opening for extra loony situations (capitalized on in Honey&Clover as well as Hidamari and Sketchbook).
Needless the plot summary reads like a sci-fi MMO setting, it'll depend on the characters and the plot trend.
Sora no Manimani the astronomy club setting appeals to me though the story engine itself sounds like other series I already have enough of in my library.
Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou Nothing lures me about the premise but just in case there's some interesting personalty interactions.
Kanamemo I don't know... getting a 'moe' burn there in a 'yeah, again?' way. However, it is an "adult office setting, slice of life" even though the lead is a teen intern so I guess I have to look.

I'll have to be dragged kicking and spitting ---
Element Hunters the stupidity of the premise dashes any hopes of garnering my attention.
Princess Lover! um... bleh? I mean really... bleh??!
Seitokai no Ichizon Unless this rocks with verbal humor, people sitting around gossiping about their peers doesn't exactly excite. Will watch the forum response.
Ukkari Penelope O.o hopefully this is for small children.
Hetalia Axis Powers 2 I can see why this is popular with young people who may not be 20th C film/entertainment buffs, its just that I've "seen it all before?" I watched a number of episodes and didn't see a single schtick I haven't seen done somewhere in the last 50 years (and usually better).
Umi Monogatari nothing even registered in my interest-o-meter even after visiting the site. But will watch the forum a bit.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni um.... redux of innumerable 1930s murder mysteries bleh?
CANAAN not unless there's zombie invasion and the plot from L4D ...
Cobra: Rokunin no Yushi oh... my... godz... (in a bad way). the stupidity of... oh I already used that.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-06-06 at 17:21.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 17:31   Link #52
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni um.... redux of innumerable 1930s murder mysteries bleh?
It isn't possible to describe umineko in a few words, and even if it was it would be most certainly a spoiler. Anyway the murder mystery while a central part of the story is merely the basis for the real theme. In this sense it is like higurashi, if you stop at the first episode it doesn't seem anything special.

Apart from this, tokyo magnitude looks interesting, and I'm definitely going to watch zetsubo sensei, since I really liked the previous series and the OAV. Spice and wolf II then will hardly be disappointing. Canaan somewhat intrigues me... the rest for now do not appeal me.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 17:43   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I assure you it's a whole lot more than that. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this has no OP showing until the second arc.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 17:44   Link #54
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Probably not the best show to just ditch.
Old 2009-06-06, 18:01   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh!!! Okay, I'll put it on probationary looksee then. Its always very dangerous to make a decision based on these summaries anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni um.... redux of innumerable 1930s murder mysteries? But the people are dragging me... so moving it to probationary.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 21:46   Link #56
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Heh!!! Okay, I'll put it on probationary looksee then. Its always very dangerous to make a decision based on these summaries anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni um.... redux of innumerable 1930s murder mysteries? But the people are dragging me... so moving it to probationary.
You actually did get dragged kicking and screaming!

I haven't taken a close look at any of them yet, but I'll post my list when I get around to that
Old 2009-06-08, 04:30   Link #57
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Summer is poor lol .

I'll try Cannaan , Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Cobra .

The others aren't my taste .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 06:44   Link #58
ZakuAbumi

Can't say much about them from what ive seen so far...

Well, i will definetely watch Umineko, Higurashi was great and i heard Umineko would be much better.

I'll watch Seitokai No Ichizon for sure, too.
Picture has caught me. An evil moe trap, now i cant escape anymore.
I think it might be a good Harem anime(okay, i doubt it could be better than H2O) and omfg - she(Sakurano) looks more than cute.
I also hope, we will get some subs...
The will be probably 3-5 Umineko Sub Groups, why not sub the unknown animes?

Bakemonogatari looks interesting. Might watch it.

CANAAN and Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou look nice, too.
I give them a chance and this will automatically give my blog more articles, hehe...
ZakuAbumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 11:17   Link #59
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:

Although I will sail on some dangerous waters (avoiding spoilers etc), let me brief you the following points: like my other peers explained, umineko has a central theme for mystery regarding you "cookie cutter secluded island murder mystery". However, you can call it a "guise" for a much more elaborated franchise.

The story itself first give the mood regarding the mystery, but it is quickly cast away for the meat of the plot: the characters in general. Surely enough, you won't see toncrap of moe moe or relaxed characters, but the strength of this franchise is the complete cast of 20+ that are ALL unique with their own problems, depth and own personality.
Mixing up a murder mystery with conspiracy and the like is pretty common, but is that the same when you involve drama, romance and other "gimmicks"? I don't think so.

Regarding the characters, all have their unique attraits and follow their own set behaviours without being overly predictable (as in: they aren't a broken disc). From this point, if you add the "multiple arc system", a borrowed signature move from Higurashi, it substancially increase the stocks regarding the characters (more developments) AND the plot (more clues and different sides of the tragedy).

And soon enough, the plot will diverge greatly to what you can expect from a old dusty book: various elements of the story that will activate the gears in your brain and eleborate theories until you give up and cast all the weird stuff to a "witch". And trust me, it is far from being a simple matter of "cheap tricks": twisted logic and sly play words, loophole etc will be more than your usual drill with this series.

I certainly won't deny the premises look extremely stiff, but it is really past this mere cliché.

Oh please, one thing again (not aimed at anyone): DON'T EXPECT UMINEKO LIKE A HIGURASHI MKII!
Both shares similarities, but they are totally different in many aspects that they just share the FEW "THEMES", that's it!
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 03:55   Link #60
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hmmm, let's see.....

Umineko no Naku Koro ni : Because I am curious about it.

Spice and Wolf 2 : The first season was nice on the whole for me.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: As Vexx, I am also looking for something serious here.

Plus a few random first episodes here and there for the heck of it.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2009-06-12 at 04:35.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote