AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 20.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 31.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-15, 12:46   Link #41
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
LOL at Sawa-chan "raping" poor Mio with her cosplays again. Mio looks perfect in her kimono, good job Ritsu, for tricking her into wearing that.
That was so Haruhi though (Mikuru= Mio?)
Old 2009-05-15, 13:25   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Why Sawa sensei...why...she is completely broken and by that I mean COMPLETELY and it really doesn't do her image any good at all. At first it was funny but when they take her character to the extreme all the time, it turns into a bad thing and for me I think she has lost her charm. Tone her stupid over the top antics down a bit and hopefully she could reclaim her former glory.

But I thought that this was quite a heartwarming episode and Ui especially made it worthwhile. Mio is still hilarious when Ritsu plays with her so much and its fine when not too extreme (thankfully it was done just right this time round). A part of me just wants to give Ritsu a kunckle sandwich though

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-15, 13:28   Link #43
Fran~
floating away...

Ui reminds me ghibli's work... that face... so round and happy... just a sudden thought..
Old 2009-05-15, 13:29   Link #44
McMilk
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If you actually mean that, then you're talking about the past 6 episodes as well. I see no difference.

Really enjoyed this episode. Sister love is so beautiful.
I meant it was a total waste of time because they didn't do anything that related to the light music club, but if you want to count the last part where they wished for good fortune or whatever then meh.
At least in the past 6 episodes they related the stuff to the light music club (even episode three, because if Yui didn't pass her test, then no more club activities = no more K-ON! for us).
Old 2009-05-15, 13:37   Link #45
Ithekro
Warning

I'd call this the calm before the storm actually. The K-On group gets a holiday break to be themselves, be friends, and enjoy a few days mostly outside of music. (or like two weeks it seems).

After this...well...club activities...such as they are. Music...such as it is. Plus more Ui it looks like.
Old 2009-05-15, 13:38   Link #46
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
That was so Haruhi though (Mikuru= Mio?)
I was thinking the same, it was probably intentional. Another cute episode, I loved the beginning with little Ui and Yui celebrating Christmas.
Old 2009-05-15, 14:30   Link #47
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
This episode was pretty good and enjoyable just like all the Christmas related episodes... Not bad...

Rating: 8.7/10 -> 9/10

Full Episode 7 Reaction
Old 2009-05-15, 14:52   Link #48
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Some funny moments as well as more moe goodness to be had in this episode. The pacing was fine up until the part where they are at the shrine. That part was skimmed through quite quickly.

I'm glad I held off on my impressions till the subs came out because the first thing I noticed watching this in RAW was the odd timing of that one scene showing how Yui spent her first 3 days after New Year's compared to how it was done in the manga but thanks to what they cut out from this portion of the manga (wait why am I being thankful for such a thing? lol) I felt it was better blended in now after having read the subs

Some touching moments between Yui and Ui, and Sawako had some good moments as well. That creepy crawling just looked weird, and that cosply fetish of hers was there as always. I too was reminded of Haruhi during that bit where she tried to make Mio wear the santa costume; I loved the devious smile on her face when Nadoka walks in during that mishap. And then there was the part where she smacked her stomach and said "A maple leaf!" Now as a canadian the first thing that came to my mind here was our flag but red is a fairly common color among maple leafs in general. Still I thought that was rather clever of her
Old 2009-05-15, 15:23   Link #49
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

All of a sudden Mio becomes the dress-up doll this episode. WIN!

Then we have some lesbian incest between Yui and Ui. WIN!

Also we have Mugi in an angry expression for once. WIN!

Finally we have Mio in a winter kimono. EPIC WIN!

Starting from this episode, it seems that Mio is gradually becoming broken to the extent that she is willing to don the one-piece santa-girl outfit. Will it gradually turn into a H-anime with Mio being the uke to the various K-ON members?

Stay tuned, for episode 8!!!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-15, 15:28   Link #50
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Will it gradually turn into a H-anime with Mio being the uke to the various K-ON members?
No sir, you are just watching too much H-stuff

BTW... Mio is more and more like Kagamin... you will see it next week
Old 2009-05-15, 15:28   Link #51
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I will marry you Mio, no worries
Anyhow, it was an amuzing episode, but nothing to rofl about. Mio's kimino was awesome, and I wish they did a close up on Mio's santa, but oh well.

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-05-16 at 13:26.
Old 2009-05-15, 15:39   Link #52
Fran~
floating away...

In the manga, Mugi appears with a Kimono too... and she looks great too.

Spoiler for Manga pic:
Old 2009-05-15, 15:51   Link #53
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Gah Mugi killed me in that Russianish winter outfit (Ah the name of that kindof hat is escaping me...).

Otherwise pretty standard episode with lots of cute and fun individual moments.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-15, 16:09   Link #54
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well we got to see Yui x Ui sister relationship which is actually a reverse-role considering the younger acts more like the older and matured one.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2009-05-15, 17:12   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Why Sawa sensei...why...she is completely broken and by that I mean COMPLETELY and it really doesn't do her image any good at all. At first it was funny but when they take her character to the extreme all the time, it turns into a bad thing and for me I think she has lost her charm. Tone her stupid over the top antics down a bit and hopefully she could reclaim her former glory.

But I thought that this was quite a heartwarming episode and Ui especially made it worthwhile. Mio is still hilarious when Ritsu plays with her so much and its fine when not too extreme (thankfully it was done just right this time round). A part of me just wants to give Ritsu a kunckle sandwich though
I think it's that she's become a one gag character, which is starting to seem the case for Mio as well in basically being there to be exploited at every turn, but then again I can't say I didn't expect this development.

I like how at some point during the last few episodes Ritsu and Mio seemed to have swapped character archetypes and now Mio is the butt of all jokes and Ritsu is the one doing all the ripping.

Honestly I felt the only decent parts of the episode were the bits with Yui and Ui's Christmas traditions that book end the episode. Between that is was pretty much the same old predictable gags with Mio getting fidgety over everything under the sun, Yui being vapid, Ui being the opposite to Yui in terms of adeptness at household duties and organization, Mugi being perfect at everything she tries to do, Ritsu being loud and obnoxious and Sensei doing the whole bipolar thing, and then they eat some cake. It's all just a been there done that feel that is starting to become episodic, only in this episode they throw in a Christmas theme twist to try and make it seem fresh. Kind of like how in 80's Super Robot anime there is always that one twist with a new scheme to beat the super robot, but really your just watching what amounts to 80% of the same content and ideas.

Hmmm...and I also can't say I find Yui and Ui's relationship all that incredible. I mean I've watched many episodes of the Odd Couple already after all. The fact that they saw fit to explain the whole idea behind there relationship though is what ultimately ruins the Odd Couple factors potential comedic appeal despite the been there done that feel of it. This show really desperately needs to get over it's tendency to explain the idea behind it's gag bits in the dialogue as it's just killing the humour. Reminds of a Family Guy gag about Geri fighting comedy on the facts of life. Seriously:

Spoiler for Fighting comedy:

This probably seems like a nitpick, but the thing is this show does it constantly. Especially in this episode. In fact not a few moments later we get this:

Spoiler for Mio and Ritsu need to stop talking:

And again in short order:

Spoiler for God dammit Ritsu..... :bash: :

Later on we have one gag that is actually kind of amusing and unexpected:

Spoiler for Will Ritsu let us have this one bit without the need to explain what's going on in that overly loud voice of hers?:

And what about Mugi:

Spoiler for Surely not:

At least they let us kind of have the nice sentimental bit between Yui and Ui getting the presents they wanted without Ritsu having to jump "Wow isn't that amazing that you both got a Scarf and a Glove and you needed those for Winter?"

Of course this is something that a lot of 4Koma have, but that's because that's the way that format actually works. When you take an adaptation of it though that already expands upon the 4 panel style with it's animation and audio the explanation of the gag really becomes unnecessary and detrimental instead. The show can be kind of amusing when it doesn't do this, but when it does it just kills it for me.

Next episode being maid service outfits again just makes it seem like they are out of any fresh ideas for this series and are already making the move towards reusing gag sequences. Show seems to have run out of steam fast to the point where now I'm not concerned with whether 12 episodes will be enough to flesh things out, but that it's become an issue of the show dragging things out.

All I have left to say though is that I just don't get what is with this show and it's apparent reluctance to show the girls playing their instruments live. When they said talent show I at least thought they might practice and jam or something, but nope it's like they are deliberately rubbing it in now with bits like "Air Guitar" and "Air Drums". You're telling me that at Yui's own house she couldn't have just gone and grabbed her guitar to play?

Oh and the bit at the end where they pray for the music club....yeah I'd pray for it too at this point. I guess next time we get to see whether or not they will sort of milk Mio in a Maid outfit or if they will go all the way.
Old 2009-05-15, 18:37   Link #56
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

Pretty good episode. The usual Moe Mio moments. And gotta love Mugi's sunfish impression! And her yuri new year's wish too!
Old 2009-05-15, 18:48   Link #57
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
(...)

Oh and the bit at the end where they pray for the music club....yeah I'd pray for it too at this point. I guess next time we get to see whether or not they will sort of milk Mio in a Maid outfit or if they will go all the way.
I couldn't agree more. I was enjoying this show but ever since they got the advisor it seems like it's going down the hill with a lot of predictable gags and too much over-explanation...

But let us just hope this is a passing fase and that we'll get some more development on the music side of things.

Old 2009-05-15, 18:52   Link #58
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I couldn't agree more. I was enjoying this show but ever since they got the advisor it seems like it's going down the hill with a lot of predictable gags and too much over-explanation...
This is Kyo-Ani.

Quote:
But let us just hope this is a passing fase and that we'll get some more development on the music side of things.
Don't hope too much... there is no development, this show is about cute girls doing cute things... this is not Beck.
Old 2009-05-15, 19:03   Link #59
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This was a pretty slow episode. I don't know if it was just me, but for the first half I felt the desire to watch something else. The second half picked up though.

Aww, Yui and Ui are so cute as sisters!
Ui and Mugi are cute, as always. Sawa-chan's theme is annoying, though, since it felt so out of place, and I feel like they're abusing Mio's shy thing. Mio in a kimono was cute.
Old 2009-05-15, 20:15   Link #60
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
this was another good episode but what happened there... it seems to be Christmas so quickly

just a couple episodes ago it was mid-terms and now Christmas... ohh well, it was still well done
Closed Thread