AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 20.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 31.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-17, 11:41   Link #101
Keio
Serious Business

Wow, K-On is serious business. What happened to watching anime to be entertained?

Last edited by Keio; 2009-05-17 at 12:02.
Old 2009-05-17, 12:29   Link #102
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
Wow, K-On is serious business. What happened to watching anime to be entertained?
Gone by the wayside. Too many people were expecting BECK. Don't know why since this wasn't looking like BECK from the PV.

Loved the Xmas episode but it's hard to be in a Christmassy mood when it's May.

The sisterly love shown here was wonderful. I think anyone who sees incest is reaching.

The girls just wanna have fun which is suppose to be the reason to join a club. If they were really serious, they would be doing other things like enrolling in a music school, doing live concerts like BECK was doing.
Old 2009-05-17, 13:11   Link #103
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Gone by the wayside. Too many people were expecting BECK. Don't know why since this wasn't looking like BECK from the PV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The girls just wanna have fun which is suppose to be the reason to join a club. If they were really serious, they would be doing other things like enrolling in a music school, doing live concerts like BECK was doing.
In my case, when I learned that the source material for K-On is a 4-koma, I already expected minimal character and story development and as mentioned before, "cute girls doing cute things". So whenever I watch an episode, I turn off the part of my brain that looks for those things and simply watched it for what it is. And I found the series to be very enjoyable.

Now if the source HAS a serious storyline with good character development, I would rage at how things are progressing right now.

Back on topic:

I found the episode to be fun and somehow reminded me of how Christmas is in my country. Sawako really made their party memorable. Mio's moeness has exceeded my expectations yet again, Mugi vision is a wonderful gift and Ritsu is living up to her character as always. Though I must say that it was kind of expected that Yui is that kind of an older sister but Ui is just adorable (I want a sister like her too ).

9/10
Old 2009-05-17, 15:58   Link #104
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Well that's just it, for me I found this episode less entertaining then some of the earlier one's have been. My big gripe after all was it's tendency to blow almost every gag in the episode with an eyeroll inducing explanation from one of the girls. Also there are countless Christmas episodes in anime and usually I find them among the weaker and more bland themed ones where the events portrayed end up boring me. This was one of those times. Not being one to go gaga over something like Mio existing in an episode or the girls doing the same ol' same ol' didn't help my reaction to this episode.
Old 2009-05-17, 16:49   Link #105
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
As Kaoshin said... This episode just wasn't entertaining. Cute girls doing cute things is one thing, but when I feel like I'm watching the same episode over and over and over and over and over and over........... AGAIN...... It gets frustrating.

I came into this show expecting to see a band of clumsy girls form a band in a comedic way, but also thought that it would be heart warming in the end. It's failed in all those aspects.
Old 2009-05-17, 17:11   Link #106
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Uhh... Not to be rude... But... No.
Maybe this is the time to accept that most possibly this show wasn't what you were expecting and call it quits?
Old 2009-05-17, 17:38   Link #107
Fran~
floating away...

This is so funny... even more funny than K-On...

Reckoner, how in the world do you expect those kinds of things, if:
1. K-On is 4-Koma.
2. This is Kyo-Ani!

Old 2009-05-17, 17:40   Link #108
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Forget 'serious', it's just not very entertaining.

The concert scene in the previous episode?

That shows potential, and willingness to go in a different direction then most other shows.

Until they do a boring ass Christmas episode like most other shows.

I don't want character development because this show can't handle it, just give me more shit like the concert episode and 95% less Mio.

Which is of course never going to happen.

Thanks Japan.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-17, 17:42   Link #109
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Maybe this is the time to accept that most possibly this show wasn't what you were expecting and call it quits?
Sometimes it is better to admit defeat and move on. Reckoner is obviously not the target audience of this title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
As Kaoshin said... This episode just wasn't entertaining. Cute girls doing cute things is one thing, but when I feel like I'm watching the same episode over and over and over and over and over and over........... AGAIN...... It gets frustrating.

I came into this show expecting to see a band of clumsy girls form a band in a comedic way, but also thought that it would be heart warming in the end. It's failed in all those aspects.

Well I thought that this ep. was heartwarming. Sucked that we're in May.

Azumanga Daioh had 3 years of similar material timeline wise in the anime. Strawberry Marshmallow does similar material too. It's not like this is a new concept.
Old 2009-05-17, 17:45   Link #110
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Forget 'serious', it's just not very entertaining.
Of course!... different people can be more or less entertained by a show, that's ok, but, that's way too diferent than to expect something "original" when we're talking about Kyo-Ano recycling over and over the same jokes.

Some people can laugh, and some people don't... so, if i would be one of the last, i would not watch K-On, as simple as that... Believe me, go to the manga.. read it... and you will have NO reason to keep watching this if you are not entertained now.

But it isnt neccesary to argue about a show that a lot of people actually love it!
Old 2009-05-17, 17:55   Link #111
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Of course!... different people can be more or less entertained by a show, that's ok, but, that's way too diferent than to expect something "original" when we're talking about Kyo-Ano recycling over and over the same jokes.
It isn't about KyoAni jokes. The anime is practically a verbatim copy of the source materia (though it'd seem that the parts that the naysayers seem to enjoy the most are the kyoani originals ). If anything, blame the manga. And if you want to blame the manga, use the manga thread ;p
Old 2009-05-17, 17:56   Link #112
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Oh I hold no grudge against anyone else enjoying the show, that's the last thing I would do.

My hate is always aimed at the characters in the show or the people who made it, never at the audience who wishes to partake of it.

Mio is boring and attractive in any form.

Yui needs to suck on the business end of a sawed off shotgun.

Mugi needs to shave the manbrows before someone makes a documentary on them thinking they're a new species of caterpillar.

And Ritsu needs to come home with me.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-17, 18:09   Link #113
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
And Ritsu needs to come home with me.
i can't blame you, Ritsu is amazing!.
Old 2009-05-17, 19:42   Link #114
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yui can indeed suck on the proverbial double barrel shotgun in a completely and awesome figurative sense, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-05-17 at 19:53.
Old 2009-05-17, 19:54   Link #115
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Its been my experience that many of the most active Animesuki members have attitudes towards Anime similar to how many women react to sex...

...they take too seriously what is poked at them in fun.
Old 2009-05-17, 22:30   Link #116
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

For you guys that are complaining about the repetition of the gags and the one dimensions of the character personalities, then I really don't see why you continue to watch the show when you know full well it's not something for you and it really turn into what you want it to be like. I'm not baggin' on your guys' opinions, I'm just a little baffled.

Anyways, Yui and Ui should never be anywhere near each other, because my heart can't take all the heartwarming sisterly love that they both possess.

Solid episode, not the best Christmas episode I've ever seen though. Yui's Santa costume was not as skanky as it was in the manga, so that was disappointing, and the party was pretty amusing overall.

99% chance that we really are going to see Nakako next episode, and that means more live concerts as well!!!
Old 2009-05-17, 22:45   Link #117
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
For you guys that are complaining about the repetition of the gags and the one dimensions of the character personalities, then I really don't see why you continue to watch the show when you know full well it's not something for you and it really turn into what you want it to be like. I'm not baggin' on your guys' opinions, I'm just a little baffled.
Masochism is a drug.
Old 2009-05-17, 23:19   Link #118
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
This is so funny... even more funny than K-On...

Reckoner, how in the world do you expect those kinds of things, if:
1. K-On is 4-Koma.
2. This is Kyo-Ani!

......What is that even supposed to mean with regard to what Reckoner and I stated? To me the whole blame the manga for poor episodes idea is a cop-out. This is the anime thread, folks like me are looking at the anime. If I judge an episode of the anime to be poor then I will make the judgement in the designate anime thread. Likewise if I find episodes like the prior one to be good then I will make the judgement in the designate anime thread, not the manga thread. It works both ways, through the best of K-On anime times, through the worst of K-ON anime times.
Old 2009-05-17, 23:44   Link #119
Fran~
floating away...

well, this is a free world after all...
Old 2009-05-18, 00:30   Link #120
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

The Mio abuse is starting to wear thin on me. They are trying to make her a carbon copy Mikiru, well at least she isn't a complete marshmallow around people she's use to, only to strangers. I also didn't feel it was as noticeable in the manga.
Closed Thread