AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-15, 13:40   Link #21
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Ugh...the animation...AAAAAA
Spoiler for omg:
This is good sign i hope: the animators are saving their talent and work hours for the real manga material. They need to, because when the filler ends the real manga story will be super-cool so that the animators will have to give their best effort to live up to the quality of the action.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 14:52   Link #22
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
slugerrific!
hell yeah... i mean... they are Tsunade's best disciples.

Spoiler for pics:
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 15:04   Link #23
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: T dot Ohhhhhh
Age: 27
Anyone know when this filler is going to be done...

I don't know if I can handle this crap!

They should just do like 6 straight months of episodes...take a few months off...then pump out some more!

Booooooooooo!

Or make the fillers more interesting...
__________________
"Hey Joe Rogan, there is something you don't know about me...i smoke rocks!!!"
Tyrone Biggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 15:24   Link #24
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
They should just do like 6 straight months of episodes...take a few months off...then pump out some more!
You know, no one is forcing you to watch these episodes. Even if they don't, you can choose to take a few months off.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 23:13   Link #25
Maxtro
Super Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
You know, no one is forcing you to watch these episodes. Even if they don't, you can choose to take a few months off.
Actually Tyrone Biggums is right. That's why American TV usually doesn't show new episodes in the summer. Either the episodes are reran or the series simply isn't aired. In Japan neither is done and for some reason, the show must go on. Before it became shippuden, some of Naruto's filler arcs were just plain terrible.

Some shows deserve a rest so the episodes can remain strong.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 23:17   Link #26
mageormike
Resident Gaijin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 30
They do do re-runs, however. It just happens at different time slots on different days for some reason.

Studios are entirely too afraid that the young fanbase will lose interest and insist on pushing forward to keep ratings up. Little kids don't know the difference most of the time ^_^;;
mageormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 07:35   Link #27
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
In Japan neither is done and for some reason, the show must go on.
Wrong, a lot of anime shows follow the american model. They have reruns too, a rerun of the original Naruto is airing right now.
Only a few series go the Naruto way and never take breaks, and if that's how it is, there's obviously a reason. There's no proof that their budged would be bigger, or the show would be higher quality if they took breaks.

Seriously, if fillers annoy you, just don't watch them! That's not different in any way from the show taking a break.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 10:51   Link #28
Maxtro
Super Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Wrong, a lot of anime shows follow the american model. They have reruns too, a rerun of the original Naruto is airing right now.
Only a few series go the Naruto way and never take breaks, and if that's how it is, there's obviously a reason. There's no proof that their budged would be bigger, or the show would be higher quality if they took breaks.

Seriously, if fillers annoy you, just don't watch them! That's not different in any way from the show taking a break.
I meant airing reruns INSTEAD of the new episodes. I was hoping that was obvious.

I am aware that only a few series run without taking breaks, they just happen to be the series that are plagued by fillers. They are also the shows that last for 100+ episodes. The three long running shows that I'm watching; Naruto, Bleach and One Piece all have had terrible filler arcs. Dragon Ball Z also had a lot of filler and that is why Dragon Ball Kai is airing now. To clean up the mess and to get new people into Dragon Ball.

Of course a show would be higher quality if it took breaks. Its simple math. Say a show has 26 episodes and each of those episodes is cannon and they get a 10 out of 10 on some sort of quality scale. The shows average is 10. Now take another show that didn't want to take a break from airing so non 5 cannon fillers are made. Each of the filler episodes scores a 3. So with 26, 10's and 5, 3's the show average is a 8.87. So the fillers do bring the quality of the show down. It's just that when we are watching the good stuff we tend to forget the crap we've been watching for weeks. There is no arguing against that if a show took breaks instead of having fillers, it's quality would be higher. Unless of course you think the fillers are good

The only reason I watch fillers is because over all I like the show. So I can tolerate it's filler. Also on occasion some cool stuff does happen in fillers and under utilized characters may get some attention. I was excited when Hinata was going to be on the squad for this arc. I honestly don't remember the last time she had a decent fight since her bout with Neji way back when. Needless to say I was disappointed how she was utilized this arc. BTW I did stop watching Naruto for a month before it became Shippuden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike
Studios are entirely too afraid that the young fanbase will lose interest and insist on pushing forward to keep ratings up. Little kids don't know the difference most of the time ^_^;;
In the end mageormike's answer seems to mean the most sense. Even though adults do enjoy shows like; Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, they are ultimately meant for children. As long as the children are happy, it's irrelevant whether the older fans like it or not.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 10:58   Link #29
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Of course a show would be higher quality if it took breaks. Its simple math. Say a show has 26 episodes and each of those episodes is cannon and they get a 10 out of 10 on some sort of quality scale.
You're talking about Samurai Champloo, aren't you? xD
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 11:26   Link #30
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Of course a show would be higher quality if it took breaks. Its simple math. Say a show has 26 episodes and each of those episodes is cannon and they get a 10 out of 10 on some sort of quality scale..
I don't think you can bring it down to simple math. There are many more factors to consider, many more factors that in the end determine the budget the series gets.
Also, most anime companies don't have a budget big enough to give every episode the same high quality, so your argument is flawed. On the other hand, a filler arc can allow them to save some money on those unimportant episodes, money that they can then use to improve the quality of canon episodes.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 03:43   Link #31
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: oHIo
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I don't think you can bring it down to simple math. There are many more factors to consider, many more factors that in the end determine the budget the series gets.
Also, most anime companies don't have a budget big enough to give every episode the same high quality, so your argument is flawed. On the other hand, a filler arc can allow them to save some money on those unimportant episodes, money that they can then use to improve the quality of canon episodes.
But why not just spend all the money on good episodes? This arc was so bad I had to stop watching it. If they had kept up the quality they may have had me for the entire year. Now I'm probably going to take a break during the summer and come back to it during the year. Hopefully by then I'll be able to skip the rest of the fillers. Then again, I'm not exactly their targeted fan base...

PS If these show's are for kids then why are they always swearing? My guess would be that it has to do with the translation.
__________________
You can only be young once. You can be immature forever!

Last edited by CubeE; 2009-05-17 at 03:51. Reason: Edited for Clarity
CubeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 05:44   Link #32
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeE View Post
But why not just spend all the money on good episodes? This arc was so bad I had to stop watching it.
I guess they thought the benefits of having this arc outnumbered the drawbacks. After all the ratings are still on the same level of the H&K arc.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 10:05   Link #33
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: oHIo
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I guess they thought the benefits of having this arc outnumbered the drawbacks. After all the ratings are still on the same level of the H&K arc.
That's depressing. Japanese children apparently have no taste.
__________________
You can only be young once. You can be immature forever!
CubeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 17:35   Link #34
mageormike
Resident Gaijin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 30
have you seen what American kids watch these days? ^_^;;

*half-joking
mageormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 20:09   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
have you seen what American kids watch these days? ^_^;;

*half-joking
YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH POWER RANGERS!?

lots of children shows suck.. I can't stand seeing Dora the exploror or this new chines version ><
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 00:50   Link #36
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: oHIo
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
have you seen what American kids watch these days? ^_^;;

*half-joking
Did anybody else watch Mutant Mice from Mars? Maybe I'm being a little hypocritical here....
__________________
You can only be young once. You can be immature forever!
CubeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 02:09   Link #37
papercard
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
no offense just to share my point of view... narusaku = 98% possible my basis are more in idealistic and applied to realistic... observe how sakura chan describe her feelings through actions, situations and in words even in the episodes from the start as she quest to understands what she truly feels ("puppy love")... moreover how she disciplined naruto to control himself in certain situation not to decide recklessly not just because you might lead your comrades lives in danger... protecting everyone is not bad at all but treasure your life atleast coz if ever something happens critical and your life would be in danger then someone close to you out there might sacrifice her life just to bring you back from who you were before for she love the way you are with her. In other words she found out and discover what she needed the most and define the origin of her strength to keep on going ("the more you hate the more you love").

"words consists of thoughts, trained by actions... defined by experience... progresses each day... expressed and shared oneday..."

"love is something that word cant accurately define... but feelings and actions are enough as framework to make it describe... since feelings are like notions each day develops...flows like current in rivers and changes like seasons... where you at your pace of your progress to find answer of your source of energy to keep on moving... the purpose of your existence and ability to control someone and change how she/he thinks..."

sakura emotion and expression reveals more and more to prove she is not the same little sakura from before the same notion with naruto ("women are spontaneous but like naruto himself remain he has word on his own to keep...like sakura describe naruto is all and the same not change but develop as you compare from who he was before...") sakura in the whole episodes shout, whisper, and with observation and knowing who really was naruto support her feelings more and more as she depend him against anyone who tease him.

takecare and godbless
papercard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 04:31   Link #38
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercard View Post
no offense just to share my point of view... narusaku = 98% possible my basis are more in idealistic and applied to realistic... observe how sakura chan describe her feelings through actions, situations and in words even in the episodes from the start as she quest to understands what she truly feels ("puppy love")... moreover how she disciplined naruto to control himself in certain situation not to decide recklessly not just because you might lead your comrades lives in danger... protecting everyone is not bad at all but treasure your life atleast coz if ever something happens critical and your life would be in danger then someone close to you out there might sacrifice her life just to bring you back from who you were before for she love the way you are with her. In other words she found out and discover what she needed the most and define the origin of her strength to keep on going ("the more you hate the more you love").

"words consists of thoughts, trained by actions... defined by experience... progresses each day... expressed and shared oneday..."

"love is something that word cant accurately define... but feelings and actions are enough as framework to make it describe... since feelings are like notions each day develops...flows like current in rivers and changes like seasons... where you at your pace of your progress to find answer of your source of energy to keep on moving... the purpose of your existence and ability to control someone and change how she/he thinks..."

sakura emotion and expression reveals more and more to prove she is not the same little sakura from before the same notion with naruto ("women are spontaneous but like naruto himself remain he has word on his own to keep...like sakura describe naruto is all and the same not change but develop as you compare from who he was before...") sakura in the whole episodes shout, whisper, and with observation and knowing who really was naruto support her feelings more and more as she depend him against anyone who tease him.

takecare and godbless
I want some of what you're having. Sounds trippy.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 17:29   Link #39
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
The wood off of that ship makes for a potent high. (I recommend it!)
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 01:10   Link #40
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Vung Tau, Vietnam
Uhm, I remember the super duper long long long spree of fillers before the timeskip. I watched so many fillers, although the episode with Ino and Naruto when he pees was really funny. But I got seriously, seriously turned off by them. And I just stopped watching altogether, until the timeskip happened. Now when I download naruto, when I see something that doesn't match the manga, (a filler episode) I just stop watching and read this forum until I see someone thank god that the filler is over. I recommend you do the same, it's quite a good technique to keep you from quitting naruto. So many of my friends just stopped watching naruto because of that spree of fillers, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU. Filler-Skip no jutsu!

.......................and listen to smokey the bear.
Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.