AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 31 54.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-16, 20:20   Link #21
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Of course (no offense), it isn't the most convincing when someone rooting for Hinagiku says it... Now if someone who hates Hinagiku (...Why do I keep typing Hinagiku as Hingaku...) says what you said, then...
Why? He just stated something that's true of a lot more anime/manga/books/etc. than just Hayate no Gotoku. It isn't less true just because a Hinagiku fan said it.

Although, I could just be a sore Hinagiku fan and just not know it.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 22:14   Link #22
slayer545-sama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Thumbs up Hayate no Gotoku season 2 episode 7 with Hinagiku fan service!

This episode was GREAT! It featured a triple fan service of Maria/Hinagiku/Ayumu on top of featuring more fan service of Hinagiku although I am not fond of lolis I do appreciate Maria since she is 17. Apart from that this episode fortified further Ayumu/Hinagiku relation and introduced a animal cat into the cast with a weird star shape so much it reminded me of Luna, Sailor Moon's dark cat.
What I liked:
-Nagi at beginning being clumsy and being able to do a single thing alone but needing Maria is a bit sad but then again at 13 and being spoiled does help to be independent.
-The ELEVATOR GAG WAS GREAT! When the elevator stopped and Hayate was stuck with Maria whom he figured out as soon as she lost her glasses.
-Hayate blushing was cute and not common of him but it shows he is also a normal teenager growing up.
-Maria's face at one point looking perverted was nice and a pic will also show you that.
-Hayate grabbing Maria to face her and her blushing was great!
-The best was when they fall together and it seemed like something was to happen like a KISS! WE ALL WANT SOME KISS OF HAYATE! Come on! Alas none of that.
-The really good stuff after this was when Hinagiku caught them in that position! LOL so much and at the same time thinking OH NOOOOOOO how is Hinagiku going to act up around Hayate after this.
-Wow, Hayate sure showed some emotions crying in front of Maria when asked about the money because Maria though he was in trouble since he had no more money.
-Maria expressions were so cute during that time. She sure has the character I am looking for apart from being a virgin at 17! GOOD JOB MARIA! If only girls followed her example more we would have a happier GOD around.
-Hayate suddenly polishing up with his butler suit and shoes but the best around here was his sudden shoes shining. Wow! Now that is what I call a sudden professional look done right.
-Hinagiku being all jealous because that incident of the elevator was LOL! Well she is cute like that is all I say.
-Hayate asking Hinagiku about what she likes and finding out from the mother that it is about hamburgers was great!
-Hayate shopping with Hinagiku really showed how great they would be as married people. They do look good and this part made it quite clear.
-Hinagiku choosing the right brand for the curry.
-The people at the supermarket being jealous was LOL.
-Hayate cooking and then Hinagiku coming and putting a apron was great. Best was when Hinagiku decided to share the work by doing the hamburgers and Hayate does the curry.
-The birds being jealous because Hinagiku and Hayate looked like a good married couple while cooking was GREAT! MUCH ANOTHER LOL!
-The shock when Hinagiku was surprised at how good Hayate's curry tasted good but it was also good when Hayate was surprised at how good her hamburgers tasted good!
-The plant being jealous was another LOL! So much LOL it is amazing how this season is better!
-Hayate and Hinagiku staring each other while eating with such intensity it looked like genuine love.
-Hayate and Hinagiku touching each other's hands due to tea serving was great and it showed they do feel something.
-Hinagiku's consideration for Ayumu is GREAT! ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED! For HInagiku to shwo such understanding is a good thing to see. Really nice.
-Triple fan service was great like I mentioned earlier for many people to like this.
-Maria serving tea to Nagi. The conversation was nice around that part between Nagi and Maria.
-Hinagiku finding out that Hayate has no girlfriend was priceless especially when finding things did not go as supposed with Ayumu's confession.
-Ayumu eating hot potatoes was cute but her surprise at seeing Hinagiku was even more :yabai: because she was panicking at what if Ayumu sees her with Hayate.
-The shock when Hayate came out on Ayumu was sad but Hinagiku freaking out was better.
-SO HAPPY that Hinagiku went after Ayumu and cleared immediately everything of why he was staying at her place. :relief:
-The cat is a great extra cast to the whole show. Very cute!
-Ayumu thinking about what happened between her and Hayate during the confession was great as flashback.
-Hinagiku out of consideration denying her feelings shows great friendship between Ayumu and her.
-The cat pissing on Hinagiku was too much of a LOL!
-Of course the fan service in the bath of Hinagiku is going to be favorite of many.
-The cat grabbing the hands of Ayumu and Hinagiku was sooo cute!
-Hayate going out to buy some cat food was nice.
-The cat feeding was nice.
-Maria and Nagi in bed was nice also since it shows more of Maria's caring for Nagi.
What I did not like based on my religious beliefs:
-Some might go against me but I hope not. The fan service of lolis is not something I am fond of although I would not turn against anyone since as long as it is not real or involves real kids. I am ok with Maria.
-Ayumu crying twice sucked! nion16: I felt sad for all the confusion my enemies are doing in reality to many couples and loves. I hope someday people will be meant for only one girl/one guy. Lust is such a pain in the ass sometimes.
-Hayate was bad at seeing Ayumu feelings. !ssedmode: Come on Hayate where the hell is your consideration. Hayate's airhead attitude sometimes does make me !ssedmode:!ssedmode: a lot!

It was nice to see at first Nagi and her whining about failure in making herself food!


Hayate's expression was priceless here as Maria suggests that he may like Hinagiku.


Him being shy is even better. Who knew he could be like this. NEVER IN FIRST SEASON that I remember.


WOW! Maris drools on the drama of Hayate's reaction but to me it looks more Maria thinking kinky style if you know what I mean.
Spoiler:


TRIPLE FAN SERVICE! Amazing scene! That gets a 10/10 for hacving Maria in it.


LOL @ another Hayate reaction!
Spoiler:


Hinagiku FAN SERVICE! Great more for what people asked. Well I still prefer Maria since she is more mature!


Ayumu crying here again made me sad! Damn demons always confusing the youths.
Spoiler:


DO NOT MISS NEXT WEEK! Isumi FAN SERVICE! She is my favorite so the fan service I like but then again I am contradicting myself, however I do like her a lot more than Hinagiku.
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 22:30   Link #23
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Why? He just stated something that's true of a lot more anime/manga/books/etc. than just Hayate no Gotoku. It isn't less true just because a Hinagiku fan said it.

Although, I could just be a sore Hinagiku fan and just not know it.
Mmm~, bias, is it, I guess... A Hinagiku fan saying something that favors Hinagiku... Now from a outsider's point of view, one might find it like that, whether it is true or not.
True, huh~ Even if you say that... He was talking about how the manga-ka might think... Even if you say true... you know.
Something like that?

Ahaha~ Who knows?
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 23:45   Link #24
chinaboat
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago
Man, HnG has really turned into shoujo
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 00:08   Link #25
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yet because we don't have the ability to read people's minds, we can't know. We just end up seeing it the way we see it...
Of course (no offense), it isn't the most convincing when someone rooting for Hinagiku says it... Now if someone who hates Hinagiku (...Why do I keep typing Hinagiku as Hingaku...) says what you said, then...

PS: Ayumu desu...
Thanks for the response on Hinagiku's secret.

Actually, for the first season, I was heavily in favor of Ayumu and Isumi and just thought that Hinagiku was a cool character. I also loved Maria, but only for me... It was only this season and especially the last 2 episodes that made me realize how great Hinagiku's character really is. Yes, I am a converted fan, based on current events, hence I said I was skewed in favor of Hinagiku for Hayate. If this is the author's intention, then he did an excellent job. But then again, I am also very much an Ayumu and Isumi fan. So does loving 4 characters make you biased towards 1? Besides, just because an opinion might be biased does not mean that it is wrong.

However, I am trying to show that you cannot say that the mangaka did the change because of the character's popularity either, if you are saying that what I am saying is bias. Since we both really can't read his mind, your point is just as valid as my point. I just wanted to point out that authors do fall in love with certain characters and change their intended direction all the time. Take our beloved "Orange-kun" from Code Geass. The staff had so much fun with him that they made him into a prominent character in the second season.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 00:26   Link #26
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Wow, after this episode, I have very much skewed in favor of Hinagiku. I loved Ayumi, too, but Hinagiku is such a better character to develop. For anyone to say that Hinagiku will "win" because of popularity is not fair.

I think that if she wins, it is because the mangaka wants her to win and intended it as such. If the writers begin to love a character as they start writing the story, they end up sometimes turning that character into the main character, like in Full Metal Panic.

Anyway, did we already find out what this "secret" that makes Hayate similar to Hinagiku is yet? I can't recall if it was ever mentioned before, or is this just a teaser for things to come?
It won't be till the birthday arc till we know but in season 1 it was hinted.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 02:22   Link #27
Serffix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Belgium
Age: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to Serffix
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Anyway, did we already find out what this "secret" that makes Hayate similar to Hinagiku is yet? I can't recall if it was ever mentioned before, or is this just a teaser for things to come?
Episode 41 of the first season hinted pretty clearly at her secret, but I believe it'll be a lot more entertaining for the next few episodes if you don't know about it yet/can't remember it
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 02:44   Link #28
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Thanks for the response on Hinagiku's secret.

Actually, for the first season, I was heavily in favor of Ayumu and Isumi and just thought that Hinagiku was a cool character. I also loved Maria, but only for me... It was only this season and especially the last 2 episodes that made me realize how great Hinagiku's character really is. Yes, I am a converted fan, based on current events, hence I said I was skewed in favor of Hinagiku for Hayate. If this is the author's intention, then he did an excellent job. But then again, I am also very much an Ayumu and Isumi fan. So does loving 4 characters make you biased towards 1?

However, I am trying to show that you cannot say that the mangaka did the change because of the character's popularity either, if you are saying that what I am saying is bias. Since we both really can't read his mind, your point is just as valid as my point. I just wanted to point out that authors do fall in love with certain characters and change their intended direction all the time. Take our beloved "Orange-kun" from Code Geass. The staff had so much fun with him that they made him into a prominent character in the second season.
Fmm... Fmm...
Point taken ∑d(>ω・)

Quote:
Besides, just because an opinion might be biased does not mean that it is wrong.
Of course. After all, it is an opinion.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 04:18   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
As a manga reader, it's always a lot of fun to hear Wakamoto's narration in this new series, and that especially goes for this episode. Nicely added, i must say.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 04:27   Link #30
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Of course, for that reason, if Hinagiku wins, there will be a lot more people celebrating, as you say... Though the thought that who Hayate ends with is determined/changed according to popularity doesn't leave me feeling good... Then again, I find it sad that if Hinagiku does win, I probably could only see that as because she is popular...
How about you look at it the other way around? Usually, there's a very good reason why a character amasses a huge fanbase, and that is "it's working". The character makes for interesting chapters, interfaces well to the other characters, is particularly likable, funny, endearing or gar... it doesn't come by coincidence. (S)he is doing something right. In other words, popularity is generally the RESULT of doing well in the story, not the other way round.

Naturally, when it comes to the final stages and the mangaka is about to write the end to a show, it doesn't happen by coincidence: He needs to pick the "winning pairing" and work towards it. The question is: Is it a good thing to have this decision be influenced by fan feedback or not? This certainly is open to debate, but my personal opinion is "hell YES!"

(Come to think of it, that might become an interesting new discussion thread: "I favor THIS character pairing, because...")

What would the alternative be? The canon pairing would naturally be Nagi-Hayate. Designed like an otaku dream (anime/gaming interest, loli, genuinely devoted to you, smart, filthy rich, tsundere), she played a good role in the show, but somehow it's not quite "clicking". Arguably because the mangaka doesn't let it click. For a romantic pairing, Nagi would have to grow up and Hayate would have to recognize this growth - I see no indication of that. But it COULD begin anytime. And unfortunately I still see this canon ending to be most likely.

Maria? She's the only character other than Hina to be a constant real help to Hayate. She's got a warm and loving personality, smarts, looks... what's not to like? The main problem I see here is technical: Maria is de-facto Nagi's surrogate mother. And taking both her mother and her lover away from Nagi at the same time? I find this hard to imagine. Also, even though Hayate IS attracted to her, he consistently sees her as "so mature", as in "on a different level". This won't be easy to overcome...

Ayumu? How can you not love her honest devotion, and her open-minded, caring and generous heart? The thing is that her one-track devotion limits her alot. Also, they don't have all that much in common. It would be an exceptionally asymmetrical pairing without huge adjustments on Hayate's end, and I don't see this happening, truth to be told. I believe that what her story really is about is her growth as a person. She deserves someone who loves her for what she has to offer, and this is so much. But I doubt that this person will be Hayate.

A-tan? She's a very special case, but I'll omit her since she hasn't been properly introduced yet.

Which leaves Hina. She's the female mirror image of Hayate in so many aspects that I doubt it's coincidence. (Leaving out their identical past in order not to spoil). Ridiculously skilled prodigies who spend their lives helping out and saving others. Liked/admired by almost everybody without really noticing it. Dense and easily embarrassed when it comes to emotional issues concerning themselves. Where Hayate has an advantage in brawns, Hina makes up for it in brains. And, most important of all, they're seeing each other at eye level.

If you go through the "who is helping/saving who" list, you come to an interesting conclusion: While Nagi is the prime recipient of help/saving from Hayate, Hayate is the prime recipient of help/saving from Hina. Which is MY main reason why I wish to see them as the final pairing: Hina deserves some reward for what she's doing. And I'd like to see this during the show, too - to have Hayate support Hina the same way she's always done it to him in the past.

There's one more interesting example for "should popularity affect the outcome of the story" - Spiderman. The author once remarked in an interview that in order to compensate Peter Parker for his constant misfortune, he wanted to award him a wonderful girl, Gwen Stacy (beautiful, kind, devoted, flawless...). However, not to leave the romance angle too stale, he threw Mary Jane into the mix. Guess what? His initial plan didn't work. Gwen Stacy never really made it with the fans, and neither with him. She was too perfect, it was too boring. However, MJ became a huge hit with the fans, since she was interesting and turned out to fit not-remotely-perfect Peter Parker much better. So, change of plans.

Is that wrong?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 07:17   Link #31
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 27
Gotta say that up to this episode i prefer s2 over s1 and hopefully it will continue to stay as good.
__________________
Eps~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 08:37   Link #32
JaLooNz
Longtime Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
Man, HnG has really turned into shoujo
Well, the story closely follows the HnG shoujo manga so it really isn't a surprise. But if you were expecting the unlinked stories and the comedy aspects of S1 then S2 obivously wouldn't be something you will be looking for.

Nevertheless, this story arc has been anticipated for very long and it never bores me even after several watching!
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 10:43   Link #33
velvet
"with you, happiness"
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
^
HnG is shoujo manga?

Just dropping by to say that this show had been very enjoyable, as the comedy starts to sip in and blends really well with the story progression. Ten no Koe started to get noticable line episode 4 I recall, and this episode confirms it.
Hope this balance (comedy and progression) continues.
__________________

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 13:37   Link #34
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
My only complaint is that they left off my favorite part from this chapter:

Hayate starts going crazy over Hina picking up a stray kitten.
Hina, of course, says it was crying in the street and she couldn't just leave it there.
Ayumu then says, "By the way. she picked me up too."


I was sooo looking forward to that.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 16:46   Link #35
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Mmm~, bias, is it, I guess... A Hinagiku fan saying something that favors Hinagiku... Now from a outsider's point of view, one might find it like that, whether it is true or not.
True, huh~ Even if you say that... He was talking about how the manga-ka might think... Even if you say true... you know.
Something like that?

Ahaha~ Who knows?
Well, just to clarify, I meant that it's true that authors change their main character because they prefer another later on sometimes, not that it's happening now. I guess we're talking about different things, so...
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 17:16   Link #36
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Best part which thankfully had been animated were the scenes when the plant/doves/random ppl made a witty comeback cuz noone else was around XD
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 18:30   Link #37
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*lots of text*
Is that wrong?
It is an opinion of yours, after all. Not in the position to say if you are right or wrong, but I see your point.
*currently tired of Sunday's anime rush... sorry if reply is vague...*
布団 |⊂ ' A `)ノシ Zzz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
^
HnG is shoujo manga?
It is a Shonen Sunday manga... With little doubt, I'm sure it is a shonen manga...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 19:44   Link #38
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Best part which thankfully had been animated were the scenes when the plant/doves/random ppl made a witty comeback cuz noone else was around XD
Yes! That was great. It was a little different, since it was the narrator, but it still had the same idea.

Next episode seems to be a less serious episode. Glad to see that. This can't be serious all the time.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 21:45   Link #39
Viridian
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
If the writers begin to love a character as they start writing the story, they end up sometimes turning that character into the main character, like in Full Metal Panic.
Sousuke and Chidori weren't meant to be the main characters from the start?
__________________
I'm just the instrument of my client's will.
Viridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 01:42   Link #40
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Sousuke and Chidori weren't meant to be the main characters from the start?

A little off topic, but Tessa was originally supposed to be the main female protagonist and Chidori was supposed to be a one time character. However, the author loved Chidori so much that halfway through writing the story, he changed Chidori into the main protagonist and placed Tessa in a more supporting cast role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
It won't be till the birthday arc till we know but in season 1 it was hinted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Episode 41 of the first season hinted pretty clearly at her secret, but I believe it'll be a lot more entertaining for the next few episodes if you don't know about it yet/can't remember it
Awesome! Thanks for your replies. I will be looking forward to it!

I have to admit, this season definitely has me hooked more than the last season. I guess they are closer to the manga as some has mentioned. I can't believe we are so far behind where the current manga chapter is right now.

I always wondered, however, that since the title of this show indicates that Hayate is a combat butler, yet, we really don't see him combatting that much, or improving in skill level at any reasonable rate. Is it just a tease that they title the show that way, or will he really eventually develop something shounen like?
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.