AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2012-01-17, 02:55   Link #221
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClowKusanagi View Post
Thread Hijack :3

Here is a Katawa Shoujo sketch fanart that I made, to show my appreciation for 4LS for the awesome game that they made

Spoiler for KS Fanart:
Wow
It's beautiful

Another nicely cut gem added to the golden internet!!!
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 03:25   Link #222
NeoChan
Banned

I was wandering why Misha doesn't have a "route" in this game. Hmmm.. it was probably because of Shizune.... Done with her route.

By the way, I found in Emi's route the most "shocking" CGs of all. Find it out at the storage area hehehe...
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 06:02   Link #223
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
I was wandering why Misha doesn't have a "route" in this game. Hmmm.. it was probably because of Shizune.... Done with her route.
If you pay attention to Shizune's route, when it comes to her, you'll realize why there's no route for Misha. Specially in one of the bad ends, there's a comment in particular that's quite telling.

Quote:
By the way, I found in Emi's route the most "shocking" CGs of all. Find it out at the storage area hehehe...
That part was... awesome. I LOL'ed.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 11:14   Link #224
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Just watched the Hanako's Act 2 OP and especially the end of it was quite good. Based on her character so far, I have the feeling the her route may feel more awkward and selfdrama-feelings (I mean it seems that her whole right body side has one large burn mark-thingy which is pretty harsh itself). Fortunately I can stomache VN drama much better than manga/anime drama, even though it's not my prefered road
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 11:17   Link #225
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Just watched the Hanako's Act 2 OP and especially the end of it was quite good. Based on her character so far, I have the feeling the her route may feel more awkward and selfdrama-feelings (I mean it seems that her whole right body side has one large burn mark-thingy which is pretty harsh itself). Fortunately I can stomache VN drama much better than manga/anime drama, even though it's not my prefered road
Don't worry, Hanako's story may be awkward at times especially near the end. The good end scene itself however is well worth all the time you spend with her

*cough* bias *cough*

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 14:18   Link #226
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

The other tall track girl, Miki Miura, doesn't seem to have her own route either which was a bit surprising considering the amount of screen time she gets. Her personality is fairly interesting in and of herself.
Old 2012-01-17, 16:04   Link #227
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That part was... awesome. I LOL'ed.

Add to that HARDCORE!!! Cute but nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The other tall track girl, Miki Miura, doesn't seem to have her own route either which was a bit surprising considering the amount of screen time she gets. Her personality is fairly interesting in and of herself.
Yeah, due to these appearance. I think I smell another version ongoing for the "other girls".... Hey,by the way, don't you think Emi's mom is kinda hot?
Old 2012-01-18, 02:36   Link #228
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:

Wasn't Miki, along with Kenji and Misha were suppose to get hteir own full length arcs but due to time issues in the beta, they were dropped?

But yeah, I was shock that Miki would had never gotten her own route despite having nice screen time for a minor character.

Quote:
Add to that HARDCORE!!! Cute but nasty.

Yeah, due to these appearance. I think I smell another version ongoing for the "other girls".... Hey,by the way, don't you think Emi's mom is kinda hot?

Speaking of her mom

Spoiler for Dunno if this can be consider spoilers but...:

And since we're on the subject on Emi, does he and Nurse have a bit of a father-daughter relationship going on?

Anyway, I need to finish updating my Hanako horn and brass remix before I gotta go back to school and work. On top of that, this guy on the Katawa Shoujo is being nice enough to do a transpose violin arrangement of "Painful History" for me. Long story short, the original song is in the key of E-Flat Minor and that is not a very friendly key for violinists so I basically had to ask the guy to transpose it to the key of B Minor, which is a great key for violinists so once I master that song on the violin (and maybe get some better recording gear), I'm gonna upload me playing it in the near future

Last edited by Snow_Storm; 2012-01-18 at 03:49.
Snow_Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 03:44   Link #229
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Decided to read the fanfiction on the main KS forum

Man.......
I wish I can be like KosherBacon
So much trolling,writing skill and LESBIAN in one big bowl of trollicious clusterfuck Katawa Shoujo
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 00:15   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finished Emi's route ... didn't really think anything would compete with Hanako but Lily was quite a peaceful read and Emi was quite a roller coaster (though her 'secret' seemed pretty easy to read. I actually thought the secret would be slightly different but I won't play spoilage to talk about it).

I'm really not interested in Shizune so I'll probably head down Rin's route next.
Old 2012-01-19, 09:41   Link #231
ShadowAkumu
Graphic Lovers

I finished Hanakos route and what should i say... I loved it
Generelly i play all VN's to 100% but on Katawa Shoujo i just can't play it againe. It wasn't bad, it was jsut so damn good and got me emotional connectet to the story and to hanako that i cant even imagine to play the game againe to see the other endings. It really borthers me. The game is very good written cause it draged me into the story is i was really in there and this dosnt really happen often, that a story drives me right into it. To see how Hanako tryed to change from the start were she runs of after seeing you to the point in the end is just epic for me. The little shy girl that trys to change but hits the wall so ... HHHNNNNNNGGG'
I've read a blog post about the game (no spoilers in there) wich also descriptes my state of feelings.

I just wished i could see what happend after the end of the Hanako story. But i guess i will never see one.

I'm sorry for my bad english @.@
ShadowAkumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 09:58   Link #232
NeoChan
Banned

Still trying to get into Rin's route. I tried going to her via Emi's but I end up being killed by alchohol.... I hate you, Kenji!

Just a review (rank by most favorite to least)
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-19, 14:49   Link #233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Rin is probably the toughest route to travel down (looking at the flowchart walkthrough) simply because there's a couple of choices to be made that don't seem to be relevant to her (active dismissal of other route chances) and she's so hard for the protagonist to fathom that sometimes the choices that seem like disaster are the right ones to take. I thought I was heading to a "bad end" with Rin almost right up to the end even with the flowchart in hand.

I'm having some trouble ordering my favorite list....

Hanako caught my attention first so I guess she still edges out but Emi and Rin were pretty compelling as well.

Emi/Rin, although Rin's route was much more challenging as well as both hilarious and sad in equal measures. I suppose I could complain that Emi's "secrets" were too easily telegraphed. I would have done something a bit different with Emi's family situation but I'd have to spoil the route to discuss it

Lily's route was just zen calming (like she is)... very relaxing compared to, say, the chaos of Rin's route. I also liked the fact that Hanako wasn't just left in limbo in Emi's route the way characters are in many VNs when their route isn't followed.

I've put off Shizune's route for last simply because I find both her and Misha a bit annoying on the onset (they failed my 10-second "do I want to be around these people?" initial impression).

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-19 at 20:04. Reason: clarifying
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 14:52   Link #234
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist

I got her bad end the first time out. It was very unnerving, to say the least.

Not that the good end wasn't, come to think of it...

Old 2012-01-19, 19:25   Link #235
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
I've put off Shizune's route for last simply because I find both her and Misha a bit annoying on the onset (they failed my 10-second "do I want to be around these people?" initial impression).
At least it's not a Key VN where you have to play all the routes for the best ending or the true ending to the story. I find it hard to bring myself to play through routes of characters that I disliked on first meeting.
Old 2012-01-19, 19:35   Link #236
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
I got her bad end the first time out. It was very unnerving, to say the least.

Not that the good end wasn't, come to think of it...
Who are you pertaining to?

My first hate at first glance of the game is Rin then Shizune follow by Misha...

Rin - your ain't funny anymore
Shizune - can you smile a little longer?
Misha - quit smiling too often yo-you-yu-yu-......ri

Last edited by NeoChan; 2012-01-19 at 20:52.
Old 2012-01-19, 20:48   Link #237
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist

Quote:
Who are you pertaining to?
Well, I replied to Vexx's post, before he added all those clarifications; hence I was discussing Rin. I didn't really dislike anyone, even though Shizune was my least favorite heroine.

Old 2012-01-19, 20:52   Link #238
Daheji

I finished the route of Emi, Hanako and Lilly in this order.

Emi was cute and funny.
Hanako was really cute and tear-jerking. I cried a lot at her good ending.
I couldn't really enjoy Lilly's route because I only had eyes for Hanako even though I know that I would have love Lilly if I didn't go for Hanako before. <<"

I'm not that interested with Shizune, I think she's boring and kind of gets on my nerve at times. D:
I have some trouble to go with Rin's route, always ending with Kinji on the roof. X]
Old 2012-01-19, 21:54   Link #239
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Well, I replied to Vexx's post, before he added all those clarifications; hence I was discussing Rin. I didn't really dislike anyone, even though Shizune was my least favorite heroine.
Heh, sorry about that.... yeah, I'm not *disliking* any route... but Shizune & Misha just seem intrinsically irritating to me. I hope the storyline improves that feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daheji View Post
I finished the route of Emi, Hanako and Lilly in this order.

Emi was cute and funny.
Hanako was really cute and tear-jerking. I cried a lot at her good ending.
I couldn't really enjoy Lilly's route because I only had eyes for Hanako even though I know that I would have love Lilly if I didn't go for Hanako before. <<"

I'm not that interested with Shizune, I think she's boring and kind of gets on my nerve at times. D:
I have some trouble to go with Rin's route, always ending with Kinji on the roof. X]
I think that affected my Lily route as well (knowing Hanako's route). Several times I found myself drifting to Hanako (just like it seemed pretty easy to drift to Emi in Rin's route).

Rin is pretty hard to finish correctly because of some early flags and then later some of the routes feel like the "lose" route. I threw in the towel and used a walkthrough flowchart for lack of time to experiment.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-19 at 22:07.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 22:05   Link #240
NeoChan
Banned

My technique in going through Katawa Shoujo is quite simple...

My ''Ignoring Technique" in Katawa Shoujo

Spoiler: