AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-06, 08:57   Link #101
Sajomir
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
For those who browse Japanese forums, what are their overall reactions toward Katawa Shoujo?
If you read the development blog, there are a couple neat posts along these lines. The Japanese translation team was given some artwork and permission to sell at-cost promotional booklets/CD copies of the Act 1 demo at Comiket. (there are English PDF versions in the blog as well)

They went to two Comikets so far iirc. Sold out both times

@NeoChan: If you were hoping to see it in another language, Act 1 was translated into something like 8 languages. I know for sure there is a Japanese team translating the full game, and there may be more. I think one of the devs heads the Italian translation as well.
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:09   Link #102
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
There has been some word from the Four-Leaf Imageboard that the dev team for Katawa Shoujo has disbanded right after the release of the game. I don't know whether to believe in this or not (considering that the same imageboard was the reason why the project was conceptualized in the first place).

I hope that there's a possibility that this project would be re-released as a more professional work.

And Katawa Shoujo anime green-lit for Spring 2018, anyone?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 40!! Completed: 210. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:09   Link #103
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Anyone have a walkthrough?
Right here.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:29   Link #104
Sajomir
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There has been some word from the Four-Leaf Imageboard that the dev team for Katawa Shoujo has disbanded right after the release of the game. I don't know whether to believe in this or not (considering that the same imageboard was the reason why the project was conceptualized in the first place).

I hope that there's a possibility that this project would be re-released as a more professional work.

And Katawa Shoujo anime green-lit for Spring 2018, anyone?
Unfortunately, according to the official development blog, Four Leaf Studios will not be producing another game as a full group. Dev members have clarified that this does not rule out the possiblity that some members will work together again in the future, but the whole group will not stick together. I also imagine anything new would be under a different group name.
I would not say they are "disbanded," though, since there's a lot left to do yet. Support for a newly released game, and helping the official translation teams, for example.

(edit: I fully agree this game has what it takes to be made "professional" either as a console port VN or anime. Improbable or not, I'll always have my fingers crossed )

Last edited by Sajomir; 2012-01-06 at 09:41.
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:29   Link #105
SidVicious
Anime addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: São Paulo/Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Thanks.
__________________
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:50   Link #106
Kakujitsu
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
For those who browse Japanese forums, what are their overall reactions toward Katawa Shoujo?
They seem to be shocked that the H-scenes are uncensored.
Kakujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:26   Link #107
Sajomir
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakujitsu View Post
They seem to be shocked that the H-scenes are uncensored.
Haha I never thought of that. I suppose that it is rather unusual, now that I think about it.
I could be wrong, but isn't it law that they have to be censored? Will that affect the Japanese version of KS at all?
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:35   Link #108
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
Why would it? The game is free and essentially a 'fan' creation. It wouldn't even be presented to any classification boards.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Following along Hanako's route ever so slowly. It's nice and sweet. It's nice it's so story focused.

Not sure who next. Might try Shizune since I guess Lilly's would be similar to Hanako's and not sure where the fork is between the two.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:46   Link #109
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
It surprises me that the Japanese are shocked over it being uncensored. Shouldn't they be having a field day over something like that?
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:49   Link #110
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Eh Japan's a strange country when you take into consideration and comparison their... uh... porn.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:02   Link #111
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Eh Japan's a strange country when you take into consideration and comparison their... uh... porn.
Yeah, apparently tentacle hentai are just fine if you put a little black bar over it, but using a non-PC word in the title and have uncensored (and actually really vanilla) sex? That's where you cross the line.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:02   Link #112
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
It surprises me that the Japanese are shocked over it being uncensored. Shouldn't they be having a field day over something like that?
Well it was mentioned before, almost all of their stuff has to be censored. So for it to blatantly go uncensored would be cause for surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, apparently tentacle hentai are just fine if you put a little black bar over it, but using a non-PC word in the title and have uncensored (and actually really vanilla) sex? That's where you cross the line.
Rather ironic eh? It's a rather interesting situation.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:49   Link #113
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Yeah, I never understood Japanese censorship in porn when most of the time it never covered anything important anyway.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:37   Link #114
Sajomir
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, I never understood Japanese censorship in porn when most of the time it never covered anything important anyway.
Agreed. I always found it really funny in fanart on Danbooru that it was common to see a tiny tiny black bar that barely covers anything stuck across the sensitive parts.

It's more like it's a "Well... it's the PRINCIPLE of the thing!" argument. (though the fanart example might be sarcasm on the artists' part)
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 14:38   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakujitsu View Post
They seem to be shocked that the H-scenes are uncensored.
Shocked!!! Shokku desu!! Quick, quick, look at the next scene!!!

Yes, censorship in Japan is bizarre (just like censorship anywhere else is bizarre, of course). Hmmm, the DDL links are still down...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:28   Link #116
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Well, I've actually managed to finish it over the last two days (being sick and home alone does present one with some advantages). I cannot believe how much I enjoyed everything. Granted, I was never much of a VN person, but this... just, wow.

My favorite story was Lilly's, but I've a soft spot for Rin and Hanako, as well.
The "bad end" in Act 1 was hilarious, as well.

Also, the "uncensoring" was only noticeable in a single scene, as far as I remember. Anyone got more than that?
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:23   Link #117
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, I've actually managed to finish it over the last two days (being sick and home alone does present one with some advantages). I cannot believe how much I enjoyed everything. Granted, I was never much of a VN person, but this... just, wow.

My favorite story was Lilly's, but I've a soft spot for Rin and Hanako, as well.
The "bad end" in Act 1 was hilarious, as well.

Also, the "uncensoring" was only noticeable in a single scene, as far as I remember. Anyone got more than that?
Uncensoring? This VN has never been censored to my knowledge.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-01-06 at 17:59.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:33   Link #118
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
most of them is complaining because lack of JP text
Ohoho ho ho!

Quote:
uncensored
Ohoho ho ho!

Quote:
No voice acting

__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 17:21   Link #119
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Quote:
No voice acting

I haven't even finished playing through to the end yet, and am on somewhere at the end of my second day of playing. For there to be no voice acting as of yet, I can understand; Holy crap this is long! But I am enjoying every bit of it.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 17:27   Link #120
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
They aren't even planning to include any are they?
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.