AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-05-19, 18:23   Link #21
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post

This doesn't happen too often, but I literally lol'ed at that.
I tried my best

Although I think Mayuri had already preformed another distrubing recovery
Old 2009-05-19, 20:36   Link #22
Dnous
wut

This isn't even close to the badass Komamura from the manga... They made him look ridiculously weak...
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 21:24   Link #23
taco

I really dislike how they percepted Komamura's use of bankai just to kill a fraccion. I hope they say something like "Komamura only used 20% of his maximum power" or some ridiculous crud like that. Other than that, he looked really badass with his fox face.

Even though they did make him look a tad weak, it still was a pretty good episode.

I just hope they can get back to Ulquiorra's fight with Ichigo. The war is on pause in fake Karakura town so it'd be perfect to switch back to Ichigo.
taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 21:30   Link #24
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnous View Post
This isn't even close to the badass Komamura from the manga... They made him look ridiculously weak...
True, his bankai had to be much bigger.
Old 2009-05-19, 22:11   Link #25
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Well a wee bit late in the game to be developing Madarames fighting philosophies.
Another decent episode in my book, as always continuing to wait for the end of Aizen.
Old 2009-05-19, 22:11   Link #26
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnous View Post
When exactly? I have to admit I didn't like the "wrestling scene" because it was stretched way too much while in the manga Komamura strikes down a stunned Poo immediately after his bankai release(+ cool speech), but he didn't really lose much of his reputation I think. To shove the cero up his mouth was somehow funny

Music really sucks this week, the guitar riffs sound so cheep :/
Old 2009-05-19, 22:25   Link #27
Maxtro

I don't think Komamura looked weak at all. Yes he was caught off-guard and was sent blasting off. When he returned he wasn't hurt at all and completely overpowered the big dude. I doubt his bankai was needed, but some times a little overkill is always nice.

I glad that Ikkaku got the verbal lashing he deserved. He chose his pride over his mission and failed because of it.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 00:04   Link #28
Fran~
floating away...

Koma Koma Kakkoiii~
Even our favorite president of SMA was badass today...

Nice ep, good animation, good music...
Old 2009-05-20, 00:25   Link #29
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
HOLY FUCK @ Komamura

That was very badass.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:36   Link #30
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
When exactly? I have to admit I didn't like the "wrestling scene" because it was stretched way too much while in the manga Komamura strikes down a stunned Poo immediately after his bankai release(+ cool speech), but he didn't really lose much of his reputation I think. To shove the cero up his mouth was somehow funny

Music really sucks this week, the guitar riffs sound so cheep :/
Not picking on you, but give me brake.

I don't know if I was the only person, but in the manga they percieve Komamura's bankai to be basically overkill for dealing with Poh. Go look at the panels if you don't believe me, but his Bankai was at least, or appeared to be at least, twice the size of Poh, with the odd shaped katana that it weilded being bigger than Poh himself.

The manga just Komamura seem like an ice cold killer, his bankai was towering over Poh, with Poh actually have to look up, to get a good gist of the madness that was unfolding in front of his eyes.

I know it's extremely difficult to please a fickle crowd ie. manga readers, but come on, I attempted to at least give them the benefit of the doubt, but even then that whole stupid thing with Poh was just a total buzz kill. The producer/director behind this show should legally change his name to "Buzz Killington" because once again, a great moment in Bleach has been wasted. This is even more amazing when you consider that not many of these moments exist.

Sorry about the ranting and raging, but I was looking forward to this moment, this little, maybe 5 minute clip of something cool from an over looked character in Bleach, and then I'm given this.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 00:41   Link #31
Gin
*Artist

i don't get why hisagi(sp) stopped yumichika, yumichika beat him with out a scratch and could probably have beaten poh too. i don't think he would have hidden his shikai if he was rescuing ikkaku
Old 2009-05-20, 01:01   Link #32
Dyllani

I don't know, but Yumichika was acting really weird in this episode? I remember the last time Ikkaku fought an Arrancar, Yumichika stood by and calmly started preparing Ikkaku's funeral service when it looked liked he was losing. He was ready to die for his Shikai. Now he's freaking out and desperate to interfere in Ikkaku's fight. What's up with that? I thought death was all honorable to the 11s...

You don't think... Maybe... They took their relationship to the next level...

Anyways, good for Komamura, he finally got to kill someone. Watch out Tousen, he's going to pop your bubble...
Dyllani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 01:17   Link #33
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyllani View Post
I don't know, but Yumichika was acting really weird in this episode? I remember the last time Ikkaku fought an Arrancar, Yumichika stood by and calmly started preparing Ikkaku's funeral service when it looked liked he was losing. He was ready to die for his Shikai. Now he's freaking out and desperate to interfere in Ikkaku's fight. What's up with that? I thought death was all honorable to the 11s...
i think it was because he knew ikkaku could win the fight before and if he couldn't, he would save him (regardless of what ikkaku wanted)
ikkaku is yumichika's best (and only friend) and even though he is in squad 11, I don't think he really believes in all their ideals. (he's more beauty before everything else as opposed to sword fighting before all)
Old 2009-05-20, 03:03   Link #34
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

That was one ugly arrancar. At least it's finally time for the (better looking) espada now.

The cero spam is kinda pointless. Point blank didn't even do anything to Ikkaku's stick. By now, it should be obvious to the others it's pointless to use unless on other arrancar.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 03:54   Link #35
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Only couple of pages of discussion thus far? Speaks volume, I suppose, about the episode. Yeah, I didn't enjoy it that much either. And since I was spoiled a bit in the previous episode discussion thanks to a sly observation, it didn't help my annoyance when I saw Komamura indeed coming to the rescue. Thanks. Fair warning: don't do it again. Manga-readers don't need to refute any observation. The anime viewers will find out on their own during the course of the series.

Ikkaku lost some major points at how he went about this fight. Iba is right on the money when he pointed out how conceited Ikkaku was to take on a fighter on that level with his particular mentality. It's amazing how quickly he has forgotten why the Shinigamis made their appearance in the Karakura town. I bet Kenpachi would have smacked him around if he saw his VC so retarded. Well, may be not.

Not only that, Komamura's appearance to save the day made it equally annoying. At the same time, the fault lies on Ikkaku's shoulder where a captain level needed to come to the rescue even if it means the shinigami side becomes weak in the midst of this stare-down stalemate they are engaged in with those Espadas right in front of them.

Ikkaku lost a lot of respect here. While I agree that Komamura's bankai to kill that Fraccion was overkill, the point of it was that he wanted to conclude this charade of a fight as quickly as possible and then, go back to holding the line the shinigamis are maintaining.

Kira and Shuuhei were admirable. Yumichika is a very good friend. Ikkakus decision to not to go all out jeopardize all those people, and their ultimate objectivity to why they have come to the Karakura town. Way to go, Ikkaku. Not only you blew it, you also couldn't figure it out for yourself why you blew it without Iba explaining it to you.
Old 2009-05-20, 04:15   Link #36
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Like I said, way too late to be devoloping Ikkakus character...and yes there were spoilers last week, I constantly see spoilers in this thread. Grrrr.
And for Iba to be lecturing him was a bit silly, they have been friends for a while...Ikkaku should have been sent back to SS and placed in a cell for further action later. But in Kubo world everyone has time to write a novel and have it published in the middle of a battle. I mean Barrugan is sitting around on a throne FFS, why are all the Captains not wholesale slaughtering them? Or fighting them for those who like the arrancar. Well at least Gin in the Arrancar Encyclopedia made it clear to me that Aizen expects all his Espada to die. That bastard! If my bro Amagai was alive, well no use worrying about that.

Last edited by Mitsuomi1971; 2009-05-20 at 04:41.
Mitsuomi1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 04:46   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Like I said, way too late to be devoloping Ikkakus character...and yes there were spoilers last week, I constantly see spoilers in this thread. Grrrr.
Help me out by using the report button. Since I don't read the manga, it's not easy to pick the spoilers if it's not obvious or guised under a supposed discussion... Hellychan does a good job weeding out the spoilers since she is a manga reader herself, but she has been busy in these recent days. So yes, help me out.

As for Ikkaku, he is just made dumber in this episode. When everyone else are giving their all to fight their enemies, he does the opposite. He was like the dog whose bark is worse than its bite. As an Ikkaku-fan, I was highly disappointed.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:02   Link #38
kagato3

Realy disapointed they got rid of Komamura's curb stomp battle. Manga version it was a 1 hit fight and he crushed Poww like a bug.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 05:06   Link #39
Haak
F**k my life...

Yeah, remember in the manga that Komamura was like the twice the size, but some reason here they made him out to e the same size. Did not get that.

But it was funny how Po had his mouth wide open when Komamura blocked his cero the first time.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 05:08   Link #40
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
HOLY FUCK @ Komamura

That was very badass.
seconded. He's awesome.

Also: "I made my ears twitch a little today. What do you think of it, Testuzaemon ?" - Komamura Sajin

Cuteness and brute force, thats Komamura

=D
Ryuuken is offline   Reply With Quote