AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-05-22, 01:47   Link #81
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Though srsly, this ep's beginning scared the CRAP out of me. I seriously thought Ichi was about to introduce us to a new filler T_T
What's so wrong with a new anime original episode? You won't know you like it till you watch it, so there's no sense in prejudging before you even know the existence of it.
Old 2009-05-22, 02:06   Link #82
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Cause I so badly want to see the Ulq fight animated. A filler that can satisfy such a thirst does not exist, and never will.
To clarify, I'm actually a fan of decent fillers like the Bounto arc. But this is just the worst of times to bring one up.
Old 2009-05-22, 02:09   Link #83
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just wanted to clear the confusion, shikai of Koma Koma shown in the anime (SS Arc) . The shikai in the manga is quite different from the anime . There has always been confusion thanks to that. Let me see if I can find the manga picture to make a comparison .

Quote:
In shikai giants HAND manifests (not completely more so ether-ally ) . And Koma's attacks in that form have intensity of the giant hand . In his Bankai form the Giant appears and attacks directly . In the anime the giant hand manifestation is not shown they have skipped that part

Manga Shikai (Chapter 139)

Old 2009-05-22, 02:18   Link #84
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Cause I so badly want to see the Ulq fight animated.
That's actually a good point. Not sure I'm as impatient, but I see what you're saying. xD sorry.
Old 2009-05-22, 02:52   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I agree with Omni that Komamura although bringing forth his Bankai to action was thrilling to see, nonetheless, it became a waste for a captain of his caliber to use it on a mere Fraccion; he ought to save it for the Espada.
There was a point to his madness. Komamura wanted to finish the fight as soon as possible. While the bankai was effective, the bad thing about it was that now the element of surprise is gone. Whomever he is going to fight, will have a decent heads-up.

Once again, Ikkaku to blame for it. I seriously wanted to see him smacked around a bit in this episode for his utter stubborn-ness that clouded his judgment.
Old 2009-05-22, 08:52   Link #86
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
There was a point to his madness. Komamura wanted to finish the fight as soon as possible. While the bankai was effective, the bad thing about it was that now the element of surprise is gone. Whomever he is going to fight, will have a decent heads-up.

Once again, Ikkaku to blame for it. I seriously wanted to see him smacked around a bit in this episode for his utter stubborn-ness that clouded his judgment.
what i find ironic is that ikkaku and yumichka claim/act/try to act like the classic '11th squad people' but i don't think they match the standards of zaraki. zaraki does not care a rats butthole about who sees is power form...whereas both Ikkaku and yumichka are scared...which might get them killed
ShinAkuma135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 13:23   Link #87
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
what i find ironic is that ikkaku and yumichka claim/act/try to act like the classic '11th squad people' but i don't think they match the standards of zaraki. zaraki does not care a rats butthole about who sees is power form...whereas both Ikkaku and yumichka are scared...which might get them killed
Well, Yumichaka's sait that it is consider weak by his squad. Ikkaku dosn't want to leave Kenpachi's side or maybe be even found to be worthy opponent for him.
It doesn't make sense by the fact how weak they hide their secrets, and since Zaraki is so awesome that he would forgive them their flaws XD
Old 2009-05-22, 16:51   Link #88
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

I think the thing that most people are overlooking is the fact that Ikkaku and Yumichika just don't really give a rats ass about Soul Society. Ikkaku only joined so he could follow Zaraki, be at his side, and die under his command. Yumichika only joined to follow Ikkaku and Zaraki to a lesser extent. I am not defending them, just simply stating their intentions. So in other words, they were very poor choices to pick to defend the pillars! Their priorities are not the same as SS and therefore they put themselves first instead of the mission. We know they were picked because they are both elite level non-captain warriors but if SS pretty much already knows both of them were hiding their powers - why pick them if you know this might happen? All this equated to was giving Koma a chance to show off against a fraccion. (which is sad considering Ken-chan would have one shotted that tub of lard into oblivion w/o even taking the eyepatch off LOL)
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 19:52   Link #89
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Well, Yumichaka's sait that it is consider weak by his squad. Ikkaku dosn't want to leave Kenpachi's side or maybe be even found to be worthy opponent for him.
It doesn't make sense by the fact how weak they hide their secrets, and since Zaraki is so awesome that he would forgive them their flaws XD
that is so true...he'd probably yell at them for not using the powers sooner...better yet i think the real reason is that he'll want to fight both of them on the spot lol...and no one wants that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
I think the thing that most people are overlooking is the fact that Ikkaku and Yumichika just don't really give a rats ass about Soul Society. Ikkaku only joined so he could follow Zaraki, be at his side, and die under his command. Yumichika only joined to follow Ikkaku and Zaraki to a lesser extent. I am not defending them, just simply stating their intentions. So in other words, they were very poor choices to pick to defend the pillars! Their priorities are not the same as SS and therefore they put themselves first instead of the mission. We know they were picked because they are both elite level non-captain warriors but if SS pretty much already knows both of them were hiding their powers - why pick them if you know this might happen? All this equated to was giving Koma a chance to show off against a fraccion. (which is sad considering Ken-chan would have one shotted that tub of lard into oblivion w/o even taking the eyepatch off LOL)
yea both of them were not the best to defend. yumichka lucked out and his battle was based on who's better looking anyways.
Old 2009-05-22, 22:31   Link #90
Meisterdieb

Komamura going Bankai actually made sense IMO. The fight took long enough as it is - and Poww is just a fraccion and shouldn't be a match for a SS captain anyway.
But finishing the fight quickly, Komamura can go back to the REAL battle that is about to start.

So, who cares if the Espadas now have seen his Bankai. For all we - and Gotei 13 - know, Aizen has told them all about their strengths, weaknesses and bankais anyway.
And Komamura is going to win, no matter who they pitch against him, he's just that good. And he'll be the one to punish Tousen once all the riff raff is dealt with.
(That is, unless Tousen betrays Aizen after all, as is my opinion).

Btw, could someone clear up whether Koma is dog, fox, or wolf?

I'm wondering again, when the Vizards will make their appearance. As we know, Aizen has planned that, too. And Urahara should be either there fighting or being busy reopening his portal.
Also whether Zaraki and the rest will be back for the big finish ( if it takes place in Karakura Town).

Looking forward to next episode when Hitsugaya will get all the babes for himself. Lucky bastard...
Meisterdieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 22:39   Link #91
Wolcik

Komammura is definitly fox. He has the same fur color and he says so himself that he is foxy kinda guy to Fraction. It was never explained why there is a guy that has animal head i SS, but that's just a plothole and leave it as it is, with hope that some day Kubo will explain it as somewhere in the world of Bleach there are tons of characters like that and Komamura is just one of them left in SS.

The problem with Zararaki is that he might be all cool about someone like Ikkaku being strong, or Yumichaka's shikai being kidou based. The real reason was already mention. He is so bored that he would fight them - maybe in the middle of the war, but before the war is was so rusty that he lost to Ichigo because he lacked real excesise (that is the only reason I can think off). He wanted to take on Byakuya for the first time we see him, and at that point Byakuya was the biggest muderfuka in whole neighbourhood except old Yama-ji.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:27   Link #92
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Komammura is definitly fox. He has the same fur color and he says so himself that he is foxy kinda guy to Fraction.

Komamura is a wolf
Databook Description:
Quote:
Squad flower: Iris (Courage)
Caption: Unshakeable, stable loyalty

Personal Data
Birthdate: 23rd Aug
Height: 288cm
Weight: 301kg
Zanpakutou: Tenken
Bankai: Kokujyou Tengen Myou-ou
Colour of the underside of captain's robe: brownish tan
Interest: looking after dogs
Speciality: talking to animals
Food: Likes meat. Dislikes carrots.
How to past free time: takes his dog, Goro, for a stroll

Battle stats
Reiatsu: 100
Defence: 100
Mobility: 40
Kidou: 50
Wisdom: 80
Stamina: 100

Boasting an enormous physical stature, Captain Komamura
could use physical strength to hold down his opponents. A power fighter who fights openly without resorting to petty tricks.

Character description
Captain Komamura Sajin is a firm believer of loyalty. The characteristic of his division is the tendency to attract sincere, vigorous and stout fellows into their ranks.

Hidden under the metal helmet was his true countenance - a wolf's head. After the unrest in Soul Society, although Captain Komamura has ceased to shield his true face from the public's eyes, that has not changed anything around him.

Special Information (Top Secret)
He might look like a dog but in fact he's a wolf. He likes mixed breed dogs and kept a dog named Goro in the division quarters. As Goro and Komamura shared the same communication wavelength, Goro was most emotionally attached to him. As to why he hates carrots, in the past, Komamura's dad told him, "this food is not for our kind", and ever since, he has never tasted carrots once.
Old 2009-05-23, 05:32   Link #93
Wolcik

So Komamura's dad was wearing helmet wolf man too? and nobody notices?
Old 2009-05-23, 06:03   Link #94
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
So Komamura's dad was wearing helmet wolf man too? and nobody notices?
I have 2 theories on Komomura
1: His dad really liked dogs (if you know what i mean)
2: He is a reverse-werewolf. A reverse-werewolf is like a werewolf except that they are wolfs at all times except for under the full moon, when they are human.
Old 2009-05-23, 06:41   Link #95
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
I don't know if I was the only person, but in the manga they percieve Komamura's bankai to be basically overkill for dealing with Poh. Go look at the panels if you don't believe me, but his Bankai was at least, or appeared to be at least, twice the size of Poh, with the odd shaped katana that it weilded being bigger than Poh himself.

The manga just Komamura seem like an ice cold killer, his bankai was towering over Poh, with Poh actually have to look up, to get a good gist of the madness that was unfolding in front of his eyes.

I know it's extremely difficult to please a fickle crowd ie. manga readers, but come on, I attempted to at least give them the benefit of the doubt, but even then that whole stupid thing with Poh was just a total buzz kill. The producer/director behind this show should legally change his name to "Buzz Killington" because once again, a great moment in Bleach has been wasted. This is even more amazing when you consider that not many of these moments exist.

Sorry about the ranting and raging, but I was looking forward to this moment, this little, maybe 5 minute clip of something cool from an over looked character in Bleach, and then I'm given this.
I totally agree with you. Manga Kumamura was the real deal. Here they killed his bankai so bad! but I guess Japanese love giants fights (e.g. Godzilla) so they couldn't miss this chance even though it meant undermining Kumamura's powers.
Old 2009-05-23, 07:06   Link #96
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
I totally agree with you. Manga Kumamura was the real deal. Here they killed his bankai so bad! but I guess Japanese love giants fights (e.g. Godzilla) so they couldn't miss this chance even though it meant undermining Kumamura's powers.
i wouldn't underestimate komamura just yet...remember the certain other captain with a certain ice type zanpaktou...who shall remain unnamed, who kept firing off bankai like it was nothing? it could be like that
Old 2009-05-23, 08:25   Link #97
Ichiban Hayai

@Geta Boshi: O_O I didn't know that.
I checked that chapter and you are correct. Too bad he didn't call his shikai name at that time.

As for all the debate on Komamuras' bankai, I think it was the most impressive part of the episode. And the least boring, that is.
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 08:45   Link #98
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

The episode was like a double-edged blade: As much as I wanted to see Komamura longer with more action after reading manga, they did it so in the anime but that made him look weaker doing that. His bankai was totally overkill in the manga, doing a one-shot against an awestruck opponent that basically swallowed his cero after seeing the bankai. In fact, it probably was the biggest overkill in the whole series and set the power balance straight.

I'd say Komamura is nearly Kenpachi-grade strong and possibly has the closest endurance among captains, save for Yama-ji. (he outperforms anyone in any category anyway) Brawn rather than speed, also suits his personality.

I still hope to see him getting more screen-time in the future, I feel that he may have a reckoning against Tousen. Potentially good match to settle their differences.
Ultramarinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 08:45   Link #99
Animecentred

Well what can i say, this was an okay episode i got to see Komamura's bankai again and the bit about expenses made it in, yay.

But his bankai is definately smaller in the anime, in the manga i am pretty sure poww wasn't even as big as Komamura's bankai's arm.
Old 2009-05-23, 09:42   Link #100
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

I relooked over the chapters this ep covers, and I definitely didn't see any hints of Poww being that much shorter. I think it's your imaginations D: