AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2012-06-05, 12:36   Link #2401
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

In other news, another noob kills Diablo on Inferno playing overpowered Demon Hunter. Phase two was the hardest part. I only got to phase three once and I one-shotted him after that. Kiting Diablo even without any slows is very easy.

Farming late Inferno feels too stressful at the moment. I'd rather start leveling other characters if I'm in for a casual gaming session. In fact, that's what I'm gonna do A twinked Monk is probably very good for a relaxed drink and play session.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 17:19   Link #2402
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I dunno how you can make millions in Act 1: I have seen some people do Leroic's tomb (with a ton of breakable vase) with a full Gold find set when they get bored.

No weapon in act 1 would sell unless it comes with a ton of life on hit and a socket. Armor you need to pray for good rolls (easiest way to make money pre-60 is to find a good MF item and sell it on AH: 20% MF/GF items are worth a bit esp with stats). The best bet would be in accessories: even that you are limited by the hidden ilvl (so you prob will not be getting any 100+vit, 70 resist all gears)

//
Investing into gear to do Act 3 for range classes (which will prob cost <400k on a DH) is a good choice. You will be making a lot more than act 1...
Someone tells me he does perfectly fine with this; Just learn to rip people off in the AH. :3 He must be stacking gold find.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-05 at 17:32.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 17:34   Link #2403
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I dunno how you can make millions in Act 1: I have seen some people do Leroic's tomb (with a ton of breakable vase) with a full Gold find set when they get bored.

No weapon in act 1 would sell unless it comes with a ton of life on hit and a socket. Armor you need to pray for good rolls (easiest way to make money pre-60 is to find a good MF item and sell it on AH: 20% MF/GF items are worth a bit esp with stats). The best bet would be in accessories: even that you are limited by the hidden ilvl (so you prob will not be getting any 100+vit, 70 resist all gears)

//
Investing into gear to do Act 3 for range classes (which will prob cost <400k on a DH) is a good choice. You will be making a lot more than act 1...
With goldfind (only wear them on white enemies, put on your real gear for elites/rares to get through faster) gear on, a run from the Skeleton King to Butcher nets about 300~400k gold from just gold pick up. Out of the 30 rares you get or so, I make at least 200k per run, and often I will come across a 400k+ gear.
I came across a shoulder gear worth 4m easily the other day, and today I got another legendary as well.
You do two of those runs, and you can easily net a million a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I think it's fair that Inferno is so impossibly hard. People are too soft these days from the lack of those old school unforgiving retro games. Inferno was added on top of the old Hell (which was easy and silly in D2, before Uber bosses). They are aware that there's always gonna be some crazy gamers in the world that will play way better than their testers. There's so many people that did finish Inferno both solo and in group. And also Hardcore Inferno.

I love this though:
Shatterbone? People have problem with Shatterbone as a melee??

I killed him in Inferno after one dying attempt, he gives you AMPLE time to get out of his one-hit-kill swing, and I didn't even have movement+ boots on.

If people are having hard time with this guy, then it has nothing to do with their gear.
No amount of gear is going to save you from that "one hit death full swing" move.
It has everything to do with their inability to GTFO of his way.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-06-05 at 17:46.
aohige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 17:43   Link #2404
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Well, if a boss manages to kill you, it's hardly a trivial thing.

Anyhow, I guess we shall bow down to your skills.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-05, 17:53   Link #2405
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^I just find it odd since the random Vortex Molten Arcane enchanted Invulerable Minions bug you come across in the caves there are way more lethal.
Old 2012-06-05, 17:58   Link #2406
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I think it's fair that Inferno is so impossibly hard. People are too soft these days from the lack of those old school unforgiving retro games. Inferno was added on top of the old Hell (which was easy and silly in D2, before Uber bosses). They are aware that there's always gonna be some crazy gamers in the world that will play way better than their testers. There's so many people that did finish Inferno both solo and in group. And also Hardcore Inferno.

I love this though:
People have finished Hardcore Inferno? Source? From my knowledge, Act 2 Inferno is the furthest anyone has gotten.
Old 2012-06-05, 18:09   Link #2407
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Finally past act2, as a range I've had enough of pouncing catpeople and stealthy snakemen.

Belial on inf was a strange experience. Funnily enough the 2nd phase (him+adds) was the hardest for me - already the third time I got into the last phase I beat him, nether tentacles make short work of him since they hit a lot of times per projectile due to his giant hitbox. A few seconds after the first meteor shower he went down.

Not sure how well I'll do in a3 in the beginning but I sure don't fear Azmodan as much as I feared Belial.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 18:37   Link #2408
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^I just find it odd since the random Vortex Molten Arcane enchanted Invulerable Minions bug you come across in the caves there are way more lethal.
I think people just stopped caring. It's like "they can kill you in one hit!" and they're like "what's so special about that?"

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-05, 20:57   Link #2409
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, if a boss manages to kill you, it's hardly a trivial thing.
I'd be surprised to see a boss that can't kill you . Unless that's comical one.
Old 2012-06-05, 21:49   Link #2410
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Right, finally finished Hell and starting on Inferno.

To kill Hell Diablo, I had to: Swap force weapon for blood weapon, swap teleport for diamond skin (works when combined with energy armour), and put blur back on replacing illusionist. What works for large group of mobs do not work for singular bosses. The fact that I end up getting a night's sleep helps too. End up putting Diamond skin on constantly, just because the chip damage was adding up and I can't afford to waste potions.

And now for the wonderful world of Inferno. Where everything kills me. Maybe I should go kill some ponies in Hell first?
Old 2012-06-05, 22:16   Link #2411
Yuutsu

Does the normal magic armor for male Wizard ever get to look better than cloth + tiny bits of metal?

I remember a video a while ago where Blizzard showed in-game models of all 16 'tiers' of armor for each class. I'm level 54 in the second act of Hell difficulty, and my armor looks pretty much identical to the tier 5 armor of this vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z783Ttu2BU

Edit: Legendaries have their own distinct look and all..., but I can't afford them. So...
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 22:19   Link #2412
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'd be surprised to see a boss that can't kill you . Unless that's comical one.
Certain waller bosses that use ranged attacks that help you more than it helps it, of course.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-05, 22:37   Link #2413
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Certain waller bosses that use ranged attacks that help you more than it helps it, of course.
I love it when a waller boss use range attacks, because I can cast venom hydra and they would just stay still until they die. In fact, I love ranged bosses in general as long as they aren't Mortar, as it means they don't move much.
Old 2012-06-05, 22:41   Link #2414
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just loathe Waller. Especially Waller and Mortar one. My throwing Barb got blocked completely, and I can't effort to waste a single axe or spear when it come to Inferno, as I really need that extra fury.

And my WD got screwed by waller, too.
Old 2012-06-05, 22:52   Link #2415
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Waller Vortex frozen arcane FTL.

And frozen is so dumb. I'd rather it just do a chunk of damage to me rather than just standing there watching them beat on us helplessly while they exclaim trolololol in the background.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-06, 00:09   Link #2416
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Keep some survival cooldowns just in case. I believe all classes have something similar.
Old 2012-06-06, 00:40   Link #2417
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Remember the good ole D2 days where ice-enchantment champions didn't leave bombs all over the screen?
Old 2012-06-06, 01:13   Link #2418
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Remember the good ole D2 days where ice-enchantment champions didn't leave bombs all over the screen?
I feel bad for melee classes. All the "enchantment" bosses are designed to kill people up close. I am simply too afraid to play melee because the long term prospects is not good without insane equipment.
Old 2012-06-06, 01:47   Link #2419
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hell, I play a Demon Hunter as my main and I still dread coming up against anything with the Frozen enchantment.
Old 2012-06-06, 04:28   Link #2420
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Waller is actually my favorite enchantment on bosses when they appear. Since I began switching to using Meteor + Blizzard + Teleport on my Hell run Wizard, everytime I come across a waller I just let them wall themselves in, I port out then drop a Blizzard/Meteor combo on them, and they can't do a thing about it.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler