AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 04:56   Link #2421
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Personally I think plague, desecration, shielding and invulnerable minions need to be removed from the game. ;P
Old 2012-06-06, 05:00   Link #2422
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I love it when waller elites wall themselves in.

I had a molten spider waller himself and his minion in a tight space, I just kept punching them over the wall with my monk, without ever stepping on his molten.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:10   Link #2423
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So I run away from an elite in act 1 X_X and then go somewhere else and kill another elite mob to find this... and I was like "wait what's this?" sadly it seems I rolled one of the shittier possible mods for this. Why is there so much variance for these things? God damn this game. >.>

Spoiler:
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 07:16   Link #2424
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So I run away from an elite in act 1 X_X and then go somewhere else and kill another elite mob to find this... and I was like "wait what's this?" sadly it seems I rolled one of the shittier possible mods for this. Why is there so much variance for these things? God damn this game. >.>
Hey, it doesn't look that bad for a Wizard. Frankly one way or another you could still sell it for good money.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:19   Link #2425
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Omg Ouroboros is one of the best legendaries in the game with the right mods.
If you can get LoH 400+ or 300+ and atk speed 15 you can become an instant rich man.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:47   Link #2426
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

You know, looking at the costs of upgrading gems, am I correct to think that it's a waste of money until I got perfect gear? Because right now, all that tens of thusands of gold seem better spent on the AH rather than throwing it all way for +4 stat on a gem.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:10   Link #2427
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Omg Ouroboros is one of the best legendaries in the game with the right mods.
If you can get LoH 400+ or 300+ and atk speed 15 you can become an instant rich man.
Which I didn't get, and I don't expect to find any more any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You know, looking at the costs of upgrading gems, am I correct to think that it's a waste of money until I got perfect gear? Because right now, all that tens of thusands of gold seem better spent on the AH rather than throwing it all way for +4 stat on a gem.
It is a terrible waste. Put flawless squares and be done with it, since you can easily save the gold to get 4 more stats in the AH. Unless you're playing hardcore, there's nothing to be gained from getting the benefit right now.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-06, 08:45   Link #2428
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I wasted 100k++ on artisan before i know that higher gem is droppable on later stage...

So i say, it is bad investment...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:38   Link #2429
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

New patch notes are out for 1.0.3, nice percentage on the legendaries. I don't see why they don't change the legendary stats in this patch, as it is needed.
Old 2012-06-06, 10:18   Link #2430
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
New patch notes are out for 1.0.3, nice percentage on the legendaries. I don't see why they don't change the legendary stats in this patch, as it is needed.
They release stability patches and content patches separately. So that when they release a stability patch, they don't need to worry about introducing new things that can break the game. The 1.0.3 will most likely cause some bug somewhere.

I am looking forward to unique Legendaries, and how one might be able to create a new build around them.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:01   Link #2431
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

My full repair on barb is already 12k... if they x4 that its gonna be 48k..... so expensive!

Going to save up until the legendary buff comes out. Wondered if I should sell all my current legendaries while they are worth gold.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 14:41   Link #2432
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

The repair cost goes well with the spread of high level item drops in earlier areas. If you find yourself dying too often, you can still play in less difficult area and have a chance to find good end-game gears. That removes the biggest reason to suicide repeatedly.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 15:10   Link #2433
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

And the AH doesn't work, while their server status page continues to lie.

Yea...
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-06, 15:22   Link #2434
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And the AH doesn't work, while their server status page continues to lie.

Yea...
Try entering a game, then exit it.
Old 2012-06-06, 16:18   Link #2435
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The 1.0.3 preview is awesome!
Old 2012-06-06, 16:25   Link #2436
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

It is, I like the fact that they're trying to penalize death more, while easing the game up a bit.

The gem change is welcome.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-06, 17:25   Link #2437
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I want all the cheap shitty strategies removed. Every single one of them. I don't care if they make inferno easier or nerf whatever, just make the death penalty extremely painful.

All you have to do is make even one lousy hardcore character to know how fucked up the death mechanic is in this game at the moment—you don't even have to go high level. The harsher the better the game will be. What was it in the old diablo... walk naked to your corpse where the entire legion of hell was raping... LOL! As I recall they also pickpocketed a % of gold from your ass while you were gone.

Last edited by felix; 2012-06-06 at 18:11.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 22:06   Link #2438
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Sold my ouroboros for 1.3 million which is nice (though 1.1 mil after the stupid fee), considering mine was actually one of the worst Ouroboros selling, and some were going as low as 500k. I've never had a million gold in reserve before so that's nice asl well but I went ahead and threw 750k bidding on auctions-- it'll probably fail and I'll take the gold back though. And oh another legendary? This came from the Skeleton King. This one doesn't seem to compare with a good rare belt, but I'll probably try to sell this too.
Spoiler:

In other news I'm pretty disappointed in the million gold weapons. :S None of them look like a big upgrade.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-06, 22:28   Link #2439
Skane
Anime Snark

That belt is actually pretty decent for a Barbarian. Good for Monks too, but more for Barbarians.

Pretty glad about the upcoming v1.03 changes. It makes me happy I chose to keep all those gems I scavenged. With rock bottom crafting prices like that, I am going to be making a LOT of gems when the patch hits. Hope the Blacksmithing costs are similar in pricing too... I may actually choose to blow some gold on him again. It has been getting hard to get a decent Monk glove from the AH. Still using a Magic Item for it because the Rares are astronomical in pricing. Would love to craft an upgrade for Gloves.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-06, 22:33   Link #2440
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
So I finally bought the game and made it through all of act one. I have to say that so far I am enjoying D3 quite a bit. What's really great about the game, which didn't really stand out too much during the beta, (due to it's length) is the flow of the gameplay. With the possible exception of the end of the first arc, you really never feel bored in the slightest, even though the gameplay itself at this point in the game is truly nothing special for the genre. It's really just the right amount of time you spend in each part of the adventure.

Whereas in D2 you often times walked for what felt like an eternity to find a dungeon and then continued to do that dungeon for just as long (act 3 comes to mind here), Diablo III eliminates the repetitiveness a bit and thereby also the potential for boredom. The landscapes change more often visually, many of the dungeons aren't dungeons aren't as long anymore, you won't be searching for them as long and while in the dungeons you get to know a lot about the lore of the game through audio logs. Also, it seems that, at least up until now, you get new skills with each level that you progress, which makes you anticipate your next level up even more than in D2, where you mostly just strenghtened a skill you already possessed upon gaining a level. I also like how your companions and character are more chatty this time around, although some of the lines begin to repeat a bit too often.

So yeah, that's basically my first impression after my first four hours with the game. It doesn't feel new, but it feels refined to a very high degree. A lot of people keep complaining about the art style, but to be honest, I like it a lot.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler