AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 01:24   Link #2761
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

They didn't fix ANY problem with the melee, and in fact, my monk is now utterly unplayable.
Thanks Blizz.

Now I can't even kill things where I used to be able to, down a milion gold in repairs, and completely GG.
Spirit generation has been nerfed to the GROUND, we can't do anything now.

Looks like I'm going to have to re-buy EVERYTHING, I spend 90% of the time kiting now due to lack of spirit.
Of course, due to the fact melee lose money every time we're even HIT, making gold in the first place to buy those are going to be tough now.
Old 2012-06-20, 01:27   Link #2762
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Ahhh....but i only have 200k now ._. *dies* only my chest has no resist though. The rest have AR around 20~30 some at 40
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 01:33   Link #2763
Skane
Anime Snark

After dying because I got walled in with three arcane beams, I had a mini-heart-attack when I saw my repair bill. This is going to be the real gold-sink, and brings to reality what they said about gold being needed for repairs in Inferno during the pre-launch festivities.

The IAS nerf has really, REALLY, changed the game for my monk. Spirit regeneration is basically down the crapper, and it is difficult to mantra-spam now for the 3s bonus. As I expected, IAS items are now OBSCENELY expensive because it is extremely difficult to stack it now. I am strongly considering ditching the IAS build because of the gear cost.

Hmm...
Old 2012-06-20, 01:42   Link #2764
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I've gave up. I'm going to play other classes until they "tweak" again, obviously Blizz has a real hard time balancing Monks to other classes.
I hoped 1.03 would be the savior for this class, but it looks like it's actually made it even worse.
Old 2012-06-20, 01:44   Link #2765
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
They didn't fix ANY problem with the melee, and in fact, my monk is now utterly unplayable.
Thanks Blizz.

Now I can't even kill things where I used to be able to, down a milion gold in repairs, and completely GG.
Spirit generation has been nerfed to the GROUND, we can't do anything now.
Really? I thought my Barb can go through Inferno better than pre-patch. Of course I'm still dying here and there, but it's no way getting worse than before, where I reached the 30 seconds respawning timer. I haven't ignore any champion pack up until now, even the invulnable one is manageable.

Still, what with the extremely unstable latency since the last night.
Old 2012-06-20, 01:48   Link #2766
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Really? I thought my Barb can go through Inferno better than pre-patch. Of course I'm still dying here and there, but it's no way getting worse than before, where I reached the 30 seconds respawning timer. I haven't ignore any champion pack up until now, even the invulnable one is manageable.

Still, what with the extremely unstable latency since the last night.
I don't know about Barbs, but for monks, everything went down the drain.
We can't generate spirit by hititng objects like Barbs either, you know.
The amount of spirit we get is far, far, FAR less than your fury.

Imagine having to hit enemies ten times just to pull off one move on your barb, and see how you survive...

I have a barb in hell I'm raising, probably gonna focus on him as well as my Wiz in NM.
The fact that monks have to spend a hundred times gold to do the same job as ranged was already pretty rediculous, now we can't even match barbs in survivability without a completely overhaul.
Old 2012-06-20, 01:59   Link #2767
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

What build do you use and what stats are you running?

My monk friend did quite well... but then, he is in grp with my barb and war cry is pretty OPed when applied to him. He even ran mantra of conviction -_-

One with everything allows monks to get ridiculous amounts of resistances: that alone makes them strong.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 02:02   Link #2768
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Right, FD, I had no idea about One With Everything despite the fact I'm progressing Inferno.

.....That was a sarcasm, in case you didn't catch it, lol.

Grouping with friends and solo is a complete utterly different story dude.
I'm sure I can do fine when duo-ing with my DH friend, but we live different hours.

With the new patch, it looks like stacking spirit regen will become very important, and I'm not sure how to compensate for massive lack of LoH now. Slow 2H has become a viable option it seems. Pretty much majority of the gear pre-patch is useless now.
Old 2012-06-20, 02:05   Link #2769
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Imagine having to hit enemies ten times just to pull off one move on your barb, and see how you survive...
Not trying to argue here, just telling something.
My Barb dps coming from left click only, with occasionally Revenge. I completely don't use my Fury with my build.
Old 2012-06-20, 02:06   Link #2770
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Not trying to argue here, just telling something.
My Barb dps coming from left click only, with occasionally Revenge. I completely don't use my Fury with my build.
What does that have to do with monks again?

Sure, try playing a monk without using your spirit in Inferno.
Say that to any monk, and you'll be laughed at.
Old 2012-06-20, 02:16   Link #2771
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
What does that have to do with monks again?

Sure, try playing a monk without using your spirit in Inferno.
Say that to any monk, and you'll be laughed at.
Pardon my ignorance, then. I just think that I tried and found a way to use my Barb in inferno without relying on Fury generation. I thought there should be a way for a Monk to not completely rely on Spirit. I said "completely".
Old 2012-06-20, 02:20   Link #2772
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Before the IAS nerf, if you had about 500 million to a billion gold, you could actually build a monk with extremely high LoH and interrupting high speed duel-wield that didn't have to use much spirit.
Even then it was reserved for the richest of the rich.
Old 2012-06-20, 02:46   Link #2773
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

There is no point for standard sword and board barb to use fury. Outside the 2m CDs, the best place to use fury to live would prob be to spam sprint for 12% dodge/to spawn tornadoes.

I think monks are underestimating the value of one with everything when they compare themselves to barbs.

Out of curiosity: are you guys DWing fast weapons with LoH?

//

Went on my friend's monk and clred 2 packs of elites in a3... if anything it feels easier than before...
Spoiler:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 03:29   Link #2774
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Life is much easier for my noob barb._. cleared rescue tyrael with 0 deaths and field of misery too
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 03:39   Link #2775
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I am a monk here.

I am dw-ing with 2 fist weapons and I have only one item that has IAS so the nerf doesn't affect me much. I think I lost 800 dps or something

Spirit regen is not a problem with me. With FoT I always have enough spirits to spam mantra.

After the patch, having 5 stacks in Act III is much easier now, but it's not profitable due to the repair bills so I think I'll come back to Act II for now
Old 2012-06-20, 04:38   Link #2776
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

My reduce requirement level 60 crossbow is now punishing my deaths with repairs, even at act 1 Hell. Guess I better level up my armour...

EDIT: It sounds like melee is going to be detrimental to your wallet. Getting hit and not die is still going to cost you thousands of gold. And as people pointed out, it is likely that smashing pots in Inferno with a level 60 weapon would actually COST you money.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-06-20 at 05:22.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:42   Link #2777
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Monks on the main forums are having a great time, so i don't know, keep trying i guess

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:54   Link #2778
SagaraSouske

Act 3 mob dmg output has been reduced by 36% and Act 4 by 44%. It's definitely a big buff for melee despite the IAS nerf. I can pretty much tank anything now without kiting. All you need is switch to FOT for spirit regen and better results from LOH. I am actually starting to look at legendaries with IAS to increase IAS back to where I was in 1.02 now that you can afford to lower your resist more.

Despite an over 6k dps drop, I actually kill faster because I use FOT instead of Deadly Strike now without the need to be playing safe and spirit generation is about the same as before. On top of that, I no longer need to use mystic ally to help tank/kite. I switched to Sweeping Winds and that makes up for the lack of large area aoe from FOT and a very good source of dmg. Another alternative is using LK-Sweeping Armada so you always fighting one mob at a time. The whole elite dropping guaranteed rare with 5 stack of NV also make farming better since there are a ton of elite packs in the siegebreaker run (You can easily get 11-12). Siegebreaker is a joke for melee now. His dmg is so nerfed that you can face tank him with loh and kill him in less then 1 min.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:10   Link #2779
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Small question, what's FOT? (have only gotten to Nightmare ACT 1 with my lvl 38 monk)

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:38   Link #2780
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Small question, what's FOT? (have only gotten to Nightmare ACT 1 with my lvl 38 monk)
Fist of Thunder. A lot of folks use it with the teleport rune to get around and the inherent fast attack speed of the spell combine with knockback makes it very useful late game.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler