AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-17, 17:13   Link #3701
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Diablo III auction house closing March 2014

http://www.gamespot.com/news/diablo-...h-2014-6414544
I would actually go back to the game and even buy the expansion if this becomes real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Okay, now that's actually surprising.

The AH was the best thing!
For me it's the worst thing. Everything I like in a game like diablo was completely ruined by the auction house.

As far as I'm concerned if you want to play a "economic game" then there are plenty of games dedicated to that.
Old 2013-09-17, 17:39   Link #3702
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Trading and economy has always been a large part of the Diablo series in multiplayer; though you have a point that it's become too dominant for this game.

I think though it's a potentially nice change, since nobody likes AH tycoons but it's gonna take quite a bit more than that. Blizzard can redeem themselves with Sc2 expansions first before I'll give this a chance.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 18:15   Link #3703
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Maybe the second coming of Diablo 3, looks real impressive. Feels like LoD expansion for Diablo 3. Will wait and see
Old 2013-09-17, 20:20   Link #3704
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Okay, now that's actually surprising.

The AH was the best thing!

On the other hand it was responsible for the most scumbag of behavior. Why kill the gold AH though? It would make gold worthless; unless they make vendors sell decent things. Or maybe you could unlock special vendors.
They are talking about improving the trading. So the removal of AH doesn't mean they don't want players to trade, but a way to stop players from playing just for gold farming instead, I guess.

Furthermore, the ladder will have separated character pool, so everyone will start from scratch again, and if the console version is in any indicator, gold will harder to find, and is used constantly for crafting, while good gears are easy to come by.
Old 2013-09-17, 22:44   Link #3705
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Auction house was a good idea destroyed by tying it to loot drop rate forcing you to go on the AH to look for good gear rather than farming for it, cause the latter method was just self-torture.

So I'm very glad to see it going out the door. I'm probably gonna wait till the PS4 version if it's got the expansion included with the original game.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 05:30   Link #3706
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Best decision they've made so far. Took me some time to realize that it is the AH that plagues D3 the most and ironically it's rather the Gold-AH than the RMAH that hurts the gaming experince.

It'll probably help bring back more people (coming the expansion) who at some point found themself to be playing an economy sim rather than the arpg they thought they'd get. With this RoS now looks quite promising.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 17:28   Link #3707
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, I guess it was up to either choosing the economy or the players. They chose right, I'd say.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7384308409#2

As I said a while back:

Quote:
It is a fundamental flaw with the game, that I do not know how to fix.

As entry level gear gets cheaper and cheaper it will become more profitable to play the AH instead.

The only solution is to buff drop rates and crash the economy to the ground so the AH is no longer a factor... just like in D2. But I don't know if people can get go of AH3

Personally, I support killing the economy so this game can develop in a direction away from everything having a $ value. You know, fun, instead of work. There's been all kinds of scumbag behavior from people because there is money to make. Well, ok, there would be botters anyways, but it doesn't help the issue.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 19:28   Link #3708
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

IMO the problem of the game isn't the auction house. It is the nature of grind and the abundance of terrible drops.

I once tried to get my barb to PL100, but I just cannot do it. Putting the issue of drops and such aside. It is just too boring of a game. Before the launch of D3 I was hoping a consistent amount of money earned via RMAH would encourage the developers to release a steady stream of content to keep the game fresh.

Botters greatly deflate the value of gold and make good drops too abundant.

Last I played D3 any "decent intro item" cost at least a mil: this is not a sum of gold easily earned by players in game (w/o using AH).

I see this as an act of throwing in the towel.

Sites like D2JSP would still exist. Its owner is probably still orgasming over all the forum gold he will be selling in the nearby future. However the forum based JSP would imo be reserved for really high end items.

Given such, I guess there is a gigantic potential for a 3rd party AH replacement.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 19:35   Link #3709
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Gold selling would be far less enticing once the drop rate is restored. The point is that the drop rate was the only reason AH was needed. And the only reason everything was so expensive was because as you said, normal players can't compete with gold farmers.

Blizzard left it too late though. I am not sure I would ever trust them again.
Old 2013-09-19, 14:13   Link #3710
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I love one of the annotations on the recent nerfnow comic,

Quote:
Dear loyal customer and active player of Diablo3. We have recently discovered that more people than us are making money off this system so
Old 2013-09-19, 18:18   Link #3711
Veviticus

Quote:
We do not have plans to implement an offline mode. While the always-online requirement made the auction house possible, the auction house was never the driving factor in our decision to make the PC version of Diablo III require an Internet connection. The game was built from the ground up to take full advantage of Battle.net, which provides a number of important benefits, including persistent server-side character saves, a seamless PC multiplayer experience, cheat prevention, and Real ID and BattleTag social features.
That's disappointing. Back when I played hardcore in the first few months, I died a lot to lag and rubber banding.
Old 2013-09-19, 20:15   Link #3712
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
That's disappointing. Back when I played hardcore in the first few months, I died a lot to lag and rubber banding.
Doesn't that sort of confirm that the best versions of Diablo 3 are going to be on the PS4 and Xbone? That's sort of sad.
Old 2013-09-19, 22:04   Link #3713
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
The issue is that Blizzard is still using the same tired excuse for no offline that they used for AH; they they are bringing in "important features" that should not have mattered. They are just lying, they don't want offline because they think it gives them more sales. And as a punishment, they are not getting a sale from me. That is the only thing the company understands. I can live without a Blizzard game, they cannot.

They learned nothing from the AH failure. They don't understand customer satisfaction, only that they need people to buy the expansion. Until they understand what it means to serve customers, they will fail.
Old 2013-09-19, 22:23   Link #3714
Veviticus

Yeah. It's blizzards version of "we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360/ps3"
Old 2013-09-19, 22:46   Link #3715
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The funny thing is that they sort of know what type of game players want (ie: increased loot, single player on console versions). They are purposely implementing the grind in the PC version of the game.
Old 2013-09-20, 03:18   Link #3716
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

If I didn't already have the PC version of D3, I'd certainly consider to buy the PS3 one . I've read mostly positive comments about it (on gamefaqs). Maybe once it's cheaper or on ebay .
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 21:52   Link #3717
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Lets all congratulate blizzard on tacking the concept of beta and making sure they apply it as stupidly as possible. I mean I understand there are a lot of companies whom the concept of beta might as well be translated to "50% preview, 50% demo \w some minor bugs" but there's just nothing like tacking your games (2 times in a row now) and making sure to create just the right segregation to piss off anyone that isn't in the exclusive fan club. Because everyone "loves us" har har har.

On the bright side, given this beta along with the hearthstone one have killed any racing potential in their game, along with spoiled any discovery aspect, and spoiled rotten the community by making sure anyone joining in after the fact has to meet the know-it-alls elitists (since god knows they got invited first!), it's just so much easier to give blizzard the treatment they deserve for a while now and just ignore them as a game company off the face of the earth. Since really who wants to buy an "old game," after everyones dissected it, and blizzard has topped it off with fanbois, at premium price.

In the case of D3, it seems (and this is not like expectations were that high to begin with) that all they did was just add a super overpowered stupid class that can just sit in everything and anything ignoring any game mechanic and click click click. I assume I'm actually also seeing the result of a lot of nerfing that has happened from the time I dropped it up till now, but regardless, the result is a game that IS actually worse then the original launch, WHICH itself was worse then it's 30min beta WHICH is worse then D2 and any of its clones. It's little bit of graphical polish is it's only saving grace and even that is thrown into a mess with the very plain characters, barely-random maps and so on (not to mention the fact everything looked boringly-old in the base game as is). Learn to copy/paste your own games properly blizzard!

Also,

[HowTo] Make a game for everyone: YOU MAKE DIFFERENT GAMES YOU LAZY BUMS!

/rant
Old 2013-11-20, 23:48   Link #3718
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Where did this come from suddenly? Something happen?
Old 2013-11-21, 00:12   Link #3719
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Probably because Blizzard confirmed that they won't remove the online requirement?

I will buy the next game on console anyway, since it's a vastly superior experience compares to PC. Hopefully there will be a PS4 version by the time I bought the PS4.
Old 2013-11-21, 04:23   Link #3720
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I saw people post stuff on reddit and I wondered: why the f*ck does blizzard think better loot is more reasonable for console players while PC gamers are supposed to spend months to gear out (or just camp AH).

There are some neat things they are doing for RoS, but this only begs the question: what have they been doing all these time? RoS should have been the original D3. D3 vanilla to me is just a commercial beta that act as a cash cow.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler