AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2013-11-21, 05:42   Link #3721
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I saw people post stuff on reddit and I wondered: why the f*ck does blizzard think better loot is more reasonable for console players while PC gamers are supposed to spend months to gear out (or just camp AH).

There are some neat things they are doing for RoS, but this only begs the question: what have they been doing all these time? RoS should have been the original D3. D3 vanilla to me is just a commercial beta that act as a cash cow.
And LoD should have been the original D2, BW the original SC etc. . Blizz has always put almost all the major changes in xpacs so as to create more hype for the new product, nothing new here. In fact, most games that still have xpacs do the same.

Also, consoles don't have an AH, once the PC one is gone both platforms are even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
-snip-
May I ask what exactly you're complaining about? Cause I'm having trouble getting your point. Is it the way the friends&family beta works? The crusader allegedly being op?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 05:52   Link #3722
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
And LoD should have been the original D2, BW the original SC etc. .
That doesn't work as an argument. DIII went backwards as a game from DIILoD. We are not saying a game should be as good as its expansion; we are saying a sequel should be as good as the previous game.

Everything they did as "improvements" in the expansion, were what was taken OUT of DIII to begin with.

It is almost a tolerable game now... Almost, except for it being online only. And that means Diablo as a franchise is dead to me.
Old 2013-11-21, 12:38   Link #3723
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That doesn't work as an argument. DIII went backwards as a game from DIILoD. We are not saying a game should be as good as its expansion; we are saying a sequel should be as good as the previous game.

Everything they did as "improvements" in the expansion, were what was taken OUT of DIII to begin with.

It is almost a tolerable game now... Almost, except for it being online only. And that means Diablo as a franchise is dead to me.
I've never understood the entitlement that seems to come with sequels, especially when there's 10+ years between them and their predecessor - D3 is a different game tailored to contemporary target groups. Was D2 better on its launch than D3 on its launch (if it is even comparable)? Maybe. But claiming that a sequel has to be strictly and objectively better in every aspect is unreasonable.

Yes, blizz made quite a bunch of mistakes (which they're correcting now) that didn't just turn off nostalgics but overall what they tried to create was a hacknslash with modern mechanics and imo there were many improvements that actually worked out, they're just easily overlooked by some critics. If one can't see beyond what D3 took away from D2 virtues and appreciate the positive additions then by all means, I agree, from that perspective the franchise is dead.

PS:Can't argue with the online-only complaint. It's a real plague of the videogame industry and I fear it's here to stay despite the bad publicity games like D3 or SimCity caused for their developers/publishers.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 13:15   Link #3724
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
It bugs me people cry about the looks, that its not Gothic enough. Did people not want diablo 3 to be graphicly better???
Old 2013-11-21, 13:41   Link #3725
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて

D2 and Starcraft by themselves are good games. LoD and BW refined what is already good into something excellent.

For D3, some of those design decisions are just downright... questionable.

I remember prelaunch, when everyone were in the beta and cried about game being too easy. Jay Wilson came out and said how they took what their best testers considered as a good difficulty and... DOUBLE IT.

This is what caused D3 to be the way it is right now: some sort of a extreme high damage in both intake and output, melee characters having their healthpool go through a rollercoaster ride with lifesteal. Various glass cannon specs and making the game purely item dependant and not much skill involved: tell me there is skill to playing an archon wiz or a double tornado barb.

When I last played, unless you play an archon with a set that can sell up to a thousand USD, even with some of the best gears in game you STILL only want to farm in the lower MP because of the efficiency. Monster power is done really horribly.

I feel like RoS should just have been a free expansion since that is the product we all paid to beta test for.

Looking at some of the "new skills" in RoS I am not convince the team has fully learned their lesson. I personally think we need more skills like Wrath of the Berserker that are mutually exclusive to each other, def not rocks falling from the sky because in Sanctuary, things from exiled angels to black soul stones tend to fall from the sky on a frequent basis.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 14:25   Link #3726
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
D2 was already a good game in and of itself. Though LOD actually was problematic until it got fixed.

You never "needed" stuff like charms and bigger stash size. The other two classes were fun but the original 5 was sufficient.

Starcraft I will concede would be nothing without Brood War, but you have to realize how little Brood War actually added; it was really subtle. At first glance it doesn't even seem like that much-- medics, valkyries, dark templars, dark archons, lurkers, devourers, and corsairs. But out of these only 4 of them really mean a damn and 2 of these are niche as hell already, meaning the core gameplay was mostly the same. The key thing was they complemented stuff that already exists.

But this is moot. Felix's point is that there is a difference between releasing a product that needs work and a product that hasn't even been fulling conceptualized and effectively "beta" and selling said beta test to people. Which is what D3 at launch felt like.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 21:07   Link #3727
Sheba
Wanna Be The G.I.R.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Did people not want diablo 3 to be graphicly better???
Nope. But ALWAYS ONLINE Is Dumb, no matter how I cut it. And the game have had little replay value to me. The final nail in the coffin to me was the streamlining of character customization. Because I love the stat attribution bit of the two first Diablo.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 21:36   Link #3728
barcode120x
NS

Quote:
Various glass cannon specs and making the game purely item dependant and not much skill involved: tell me there is skill to playing an archon wiz or a double tornado barb.
Afaik, Diablo series in general required no skill at all...it purely is a hack and slash game
Old 2013-11-21, 23:40   Link #3729
Wigwams

Quote:
When I last played, unless you play an archon with a set that can sell up to a thousand USD, even with some of the best gears in game you STILL only want to farm in the lower MP because of the efficiency. Monster power is done really horribly.
the meta game has changed since then. this is the best way to farm for some months now.

Old 2013-12-19, 18:42   Link #3730
Wigwams

Release date and pricing:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1186...now-12-19-2013
Old 2013-12-19, 19:11   Link #3731
barcode120x
NS

Ouch, $40 bucks for it
Old 2013-12-19, 19:17   Link #3732
Homucifer
Banned

No Skill tree? No Baal? No any improvements? No thanks.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 02:25   Link #3733
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4), from the Taipei Game Show

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 02:44   Link #3734
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Ouch, $40 bucks for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homucifer View Post
No Skill tree? No Baal? No any improvements? No thanks.
The way I see it, I might as well wait for the 2nd expansion instead of forking out money on this. I just can't justify buying this one for any price.
Old 2014-01-27, 19:48   Link #3735
Xefi
★_Xefizyxen's Sanctuary_★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4), from the Taipei Game Show

*snip*
looking good. i'm leaning a lot more toward getting the ps4 version
of the complete edition instead of getting the online-only PC version + crapstatic lagging server of theirs.

and i think they have 2 player split screen? i can play this game with my little bro.
as well. whenever the ps4 version coming out, i might also pick up the ps4 console by then as well.

"Xe has lost her way, honor, and pride"
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 20:03   Link #3736
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
and i think they have 2 player split screen? i can play this game with my little bro.
as well. whenever the ps4 version coming out, i might also pick up the ps4 console by then as well.
Console version will have 4 players split screen. I think I'll get the console one, too.
Old 2014-01-28, 02:01   Link #3737
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Do accounts transfer over to the console ver?

(Lol, first time I heard anything where console something > pc something )
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 03:19   Link #3738
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do accounts transfer over to the console ver?

(Lol, first time I heard anything where console something > pc something )
Nope. You can't even play online cross-platform either. I think they are on separated server.
Old 2014-01-29, 16:31   Link #3739
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!

So I've decided I'm going to give this game a go. On the PS3, gonna be a demon hunter. I'd rather be a crusader, but I don't want to wait till March for that expansion. So I'll just play now.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 00:31   Link #3740
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Console version will have 4 players split screen. I think I'll get the console one, too.
I played PS3 for awhile now, but I didn't notice split screen feature. According to the online source, there's no split screens. The console version only has co-ops.

I waited for PS3 version for the wrong reason. My XBOX360 dropped dead. PS3 had the price slash, so I got the PS3 version instead. Due to the lack of knowlege, I thought I could use PS Move as Wii remote. I finally found out it only support few games, so it's why PS Move also droped dead.

Unlike other people's opinions, I see Diablo 3's game play as the improvement from Diablo 2. You don't have to spend days to level up your characters, so you can use some weak skill. Hooray for elminating the stupid skill tree. So far, I am using female Barbarian. I am finding a way to change her name to Mikasa. This character can use several skills as much as PS3 buttons. One button is reserved for drinking potion. It's quite enjoyable to see her performing shout, berserk, whirlwind and leap attack one by one. Instead relying on mana, her energy source is her rage level. She increases her rage level by hitting monsters.

The only downside of the game is the cinema are not as epic as Diablo2's cinema.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler