AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2012-05-14, 11:08   Link #1461
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Currently installing. Still got to wait for the servers to activate 16 hours later though.

Cheers.
Btw, can anyone install the game, or only people that pre-ordered the digital version?
Old 2012-05-14, 11:18   Link #1462
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Btw, can anyone install the game, or only people that pre-ordered the digital version?
There isn't any cd key or account verification to install the game so i assume yes.
Not sure if you can download the game or not tho, might want to check it out if you have a bnet account that's doesnt have D3 tied to it yet.
Old 2012-05-14, 11:30   Link #1463
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
If you have install disc with you, you will be prompted to activate(register) the game to your battlenet account to continue with the download. The installer files are about 7gb, and the download files are another 7.7gb, so plan your time accordingly.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-14, 12:14   Link #1464
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

It's suck, but just realised that i won't have time to play games within at least the next 2-4 weeks.After that, all my friends probably will be lvl 371269123, already clearing the games 10 times with uber gears and stuffs... =(

No choice but switch onto the "Guild War wait" mode
Old 2012-05-14, 12:28   Link #1465
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It's suck, but just realised that i won't have time to play games within at least the next 2-4 weeks.After that, all my friends probably will be lvl 371269123, already clearing the games 10 times with uber gears and stuffs... =(

Well, I played D2 on and off for the past ... 12 years(?). Can't guarantee D3 will have that sort of longevity but Blizzard games usually age fairly well. The loot hunt sucks up a lot of time since it's totally random unlike MMO bosses with set loot table.

I'm putting GW2 hype on hold until we get a release date, I love the concept and ideas behind it but it's a bit silly to wait for a game with no release date yet (but it's probably within this year judging from NCsoft sales forecast for 2012).
Old 2012-05-14, 12:46   Link #1466
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて

When I install there was an option to tell them "I already registered" to continue on with the process.

D3 will most likely last me at least a month or two. However eventually the lack of new content will just bore me.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 13:11   Link #1467
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Well, I played D2 on and off for the past ... 12 years(?). Can't guarantee D3 will have that sort of longevity but Blizzard games usually age fairly well. The loot hunt sucks up a lot of time since it's totally random unlike MMO bosses with set loot table.

I'm putting GW2 hype on hold until we get a release date, I love the concept and ideas behind it but it's a bit silly to wait for a game with no release date yet (but it's probably within this year judging from NCsoft sales forecast for 2012).
Hopefully that's the case, but i guess there will be plenty of feedbacks on the game by the time i can go and pick up a copy. As long as its lasting appeal is counted by months/ years rather than hours

Have these bunches of high school friends which i used to play D2 with, and currently buzzing me about D3, so will be cool if can keep on touch and get nostalgic again with them. But that was back when you slowly explore the game based on your own and friend tip, rather than now where things like "detail guide to lvl up to xxx within xy hours" up within one week of released date
Old 2012-05-14, 13:19   Link #1468
Kyouka
Is Here

Kyouka#1377 is my battle tag
please whisper me who u are if u add me
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 13:21   Link #1469
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

This time around the cap is low and easily reachable.
Endgame content is mostly gear, which are entirely tradable.

So even if you start slow, you can easily catch up and your friends should help you with gears.
Old 2012-05-14, 13:27   Link #1470
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Whichever of you going to a launch at wherever in this world tomorrow, please be nice to the staff. Including the security and back-end ones.

Thank you.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 13:28   Link #1471
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Downloaded and ready.

Though no clue what I want to do. My old multiplayer main was a Necromancer. A home I ran a Paladin, a Barbarian, and a Druid. I think I had one other but didn't play it enough to remember what it was. Might have been an Amazon. I don't remember playing the Sorcerous or Assassin all that much. I think the Druid was the last one I started playing and didn't get very far into the game again. Had more fun with the Paladin and Barbarian by that point.

Of course I never played to Hell mode either. I think I got as far as Act III in Nightmare mode with my Paladin and Act II with the Barbarian. The Necromancer was also in I think Act II of Nightmare when my friend and I stopped playing it in favor of other games.
Old 2012-05-14, 13:29   Link #1472
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
If you have install disc with you, you will be prompted to activate(register) the game to your battlenet account to continue with the download. The installer files are about 7gb, and the download files are another 7.7gb, so plan your time accordingly.

Cheers.
There's a skip button. You can fully download and install the game.

I'm in the EU, maybe this is a US thing?
Old 2012-05-14, 13:35   Link #1473
Kyouka
Is Here

download finished 2 mins ago
12 hours 25 mins and im set!
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 16:38   Link #1474
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Hopefully that's the case, but i guess there will be plenty of feedbacks on the game by the time i can go and pick up a copy. As long as its lasting appeal is counted by months/ years rather than hours

Have these bunches of high school friends which i used to play D2 with, and currently buzzing me about D3, so will be cool if can keep on touch and get nostalgic again with them. But that was back when you slowly explore the game based on your own and friend tip, rather than now where things like "detail guide to lvl up to xxx within xy hours" up within one week of released date
I would send you a guest pass if i had one but digital purchaser don't get it do they? Even so, it doesn't hurt to sit and wait for peer reviews. I would have done the same but my mates and i kinda agreed we buy it for childhood sake more than game quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Whichever of you going to a launch at wherever in this world tomorrow, please be nice to the staff. Including the security and back-end ones.

Thank you.
Being nice to staff?!?! What devilry is this?

Anyway here's a little interview with Jay Wilson regarding the Diablo 3 design process. It's quite an interesting read while we all wait for the server to start up.
Old 2012-05-14, 18:00   Link #1475
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

that quite nice story

anyway another spoiler

Spoiler for end battle:
Old 2012-05-14, 19:34   Link #1476
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Ew the female wizard, pttthh her voice is annoying
Old 2012-05-14, 22:15   Link #1477
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Still waiting for amazon to ship my copy...
Old 2012-05-14, 22:44   Link #1478
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

My life's suck...

I swear if i can get my work done within 2 weeks rather than a month or more, i will spend the whole weekend playing as sacrifice for the God of Gaming

Given D3 is not a failure, of course
Old 2012-05-14, 22:50   Link #1479
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, I've prepared 3 absent days from work just for this occasion . I'm going to use them all at once when my copy arrives.
Old 2012-05-14, 23:02   Link #1480
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well just make sure you didnt go absent on release day lol, looks like the launch is still a typical blizzard disaster. Now i wonder if i can get any playtime after work. Probably gonna go do something else after a few tries.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler