AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 17:17   Link #161
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Dark isn't scary, it's going into the first area in Diablo 1 and open the door into the Butcher's Room and doing a naked corpse run.

The only thing that really scares me in D2 was actually Duriel in Act II.
Yeah, running into the Butcher and hearing "Ahhh! Fresh Meat!" and getting chased was probably the only time I really jumped playing the first Diablo.

Diablo II didn't really have anything that I jumped at, the settings was so much more action-oriented, even if they tried to recreate the Butcher with the Smith and Hephasto the Armourer in D2.

I hope the PvP in D3 is going to be good. They so killed D2's PvP with LoD.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 19:25   Link #162
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Enigma was the worst thing ever for D2 PvP. I hope they never make any armor like that again.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 20:16   Link #163
Snuffle
likes cute things

lol I still remember the hidden video of the butcher hacking at something. I admit, that was creepy. And yes, in D1 he was the only thing that made me jump lol.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:26   Link #164
gabbytay
Banned

I hope this game is scary when playing it at Night with the lights off like D1 and D2
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:58   Link #165
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Diablo 1 was kinda scary the brief time I played it... about ten or nine years ago. Nowdays, games just don't scare me. They can surprise me, but not scare me. Neither Doom 3 nor FEAR scared me. So people who want to be scared by D3 but don't may just have reached that age where it's hard to get scared with games anymore.
Old 2008-07-05, 21:38   Link #166
brocko

The Internet Hates Diablo III.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news...e-internet.php

Quite a funny read if you've got a couple of minutes to spare that sums up a lot of the flak that DIII has been receiving

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 21:45   Link #167
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post

Quite a funny read if you've got a couple of minutes to spare that sums up a lot of the flak that DIII has been receiving
Really, for a game that's still a WIP, I think many people will eat their keyboards when it's done. (Let's not even think about the patches.)
Old 2008-07-05, 22:17   Link #168
nines
I much prefer the 2d

It's sad that so many people judge Diablo III at this stage we have only been introduced to two characters and some game play and the map. Most of my gamer friends say its going to suck it was good the way it was and we've seen nothing at all I personally think the game is going to kick royal ass lol. Graphics are crazy seems like 3 classes merged into one for the troll looking dude, kinda weird and looks really over powered but still a kool class. And like Yezhanguan said tons of people will be at their keyboards even if they say it sucks. Fans of blizzard are fans of Blizzard ya know
Old 2008-07-05, 22:18   Link #169
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

I know this isn't exactly Diablo 3 related as much as its of the first game, but I was wondering, how come Tristram looked more like a town than the huge city it was supposed to be? At least I thought I read somewhere that Tristram had its own king and all, so where the castle?
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 22:20   Link #170
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I do believe that Tristram was a big town it just got invaded and they moved out and set out a camp if im not mistaking. I think were told that in the begining of the game how they where attacked and stuff. But yea most places where destroyed and just made little camps
Old 2008-07-05, 22:37   Link #171
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
I do believe that Tristram was a big town it just got invaded and they moved out and set out a camp if im not mistaking. I think were told that in the begining of the game how they where attacked and stuff. But yea most places where destroyed and just made little camps
Hmm, I remember some guy in the village telling you that in the beginning of the game. But if thats the case, where does the king live? In the church?
Old 2008-07-06, 00:26   Link #172
nines
I much prefer the 2d

The king is dead. Lol
Old 2008-07-06, 05:51   Link #173
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:

It's no secret, the internet is full of idiots, trolls and spammers.
Hate?! that's just another form of love...
Old 2008-07-06, 10:23   Link #174
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
The king is dead. Lol
I was referring to before he was dead. It seemed to me at the very beginning of the game he might of still been alive unless I am mistaken.
Old 2008-07-06, 11:27   Link #175
Ending

Quote:
It's sad that so many people judge Diablo III at this stage we have only been introduced to two characters and some game play and the map.
Well, I'm a bit skeptical about it because Blizzard is a big company and they want to reach as many customers as possible. This means that they want Diablo 3 to be playable by kids, adults, and their grannies.

The wallpapers don't really say the opposite either. Reminds me of what Nintendo did to Metroid: gone is the dark and gritty atmosphere, replaced by shiny butts and pretty graphics. Unless someone here really believes that they will stamp it with "M" or 17+? Pff, the new WoW expansion is for 12+. We might be playing the same games as 12-year old kids.

Sure, the game can be great and I'm looking forward to testing it, but history repeats...

Quote:
Most of my gamer friends say its going to suck it was good the way it was and we've seen nothing at all I personally think the game is going to kick royal ass lol.
I once read from somewhere that once you reach the achievement of your life, everything after it will be only a shadow of the original. A nice copy/expansion, but not the real deal.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:08   Link #176
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

If you're going to bring up wallpapers, you should pull out D3's wallpapers, not D2 ones done by that one artist:

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/

They look pretty gloomy to me.

EDIT: The achievement of your life thing makes no sense. It's the one thing that's your most crowning glory, but no one will truly know which event that was until your life is finished, and even then it's a lot up to individual interpretation.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:16   Link #177
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSephiroth View Post
Hmm, I remember some guy in the village telling you that in the beginning of the game. But if thats the case, where does the king live? In the church?
King Leoric dies a little bit before the hero arrives in town. He was killed by his own knight after he becomes insane because of the archbishop (controlled by Diablo), and orders people in his castle and in town killed for petty reasons.

At the point where the hero arrives, Tristam is no longer the great town/city that it used to be before Diablo took control of the archbishop.

The king used to live in the castle I believe, but you never see the castle. Everything takes place in the cathedral and underneath it.

You do fight the undead King Leoric as one of the bosses in the catacombs.

In Diablo II, Tristam is destroyed and only Deckard Cain survives because the hero saves him in one of the quests. That quest takes you to a burning and demon filled Tristam.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-07-06 at 22:22.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:42   Link #178
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A little off topic but...

Spoiler for Blizzard's Diablo 3 Forum:

Quote:

Yep, that's pretty darn accurate of how the state official Diablo 3 forums is right now.

I could really care less about the graphics as long as the great Diablo style game play is there and improved.
Old 2008-07-07, 09:59   Link #179
Ending

Quote:
Yep, that's pretty darn accurate of how the state official Diablo 3 forums is right now.
Eh... you should take a look at the state of WoW forums. You can sometimes find real jewels from there, but it's covered under so much ilk that you would need to ban majority of the trolls outright to be able to read anything worth half a thought. It all basically boils down to spamming, insulting, and undermining all reason just for the petty pleasure of it.

I guess that is the price of popularity...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 10:06   Link #180
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

btw can any1 summarize the whole story till start of diablo 3? i only played D1 and D2 but no the expansion set so i have no idea what is baal and worldstone stuff.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler