AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-23, 11:37   Link #121
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I liked the GSC games the most...for its simplicity. It was also most challenging for me. Miltank and Kingdra were mean. I'll probably replay it because I know about the second generation more than the rest.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 15:44   Link #122
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I liked the GSC games the most...for its simplicity. It was also most challenging for me. Miltank and Kingdra were mean. I'll probably replay it because I know about the second generation more than the rest.
The first half of Generation II was pretty easy, compared to other Pokemon games (the highest level Pokemon in the League is level 50! Cynthia would laugh.). But then again, there are 16 badges to get,
Spoiler for in case you never beat G/S/C. Don't wanna spoil the surprise!:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 16:29   Link #123
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

That final match needs to be replayable this time, with an even more powerful team for rematches.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 04:25   Link #124
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*ī∀`)ノ

^
I seconded that :>
---Oh, I hope he can 'talk' right now ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 12:21   Link #125
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
^
I seconded that :>
---Oh, I hope he can 'talk' right now ;_;
But that'll break the rules! Pokemon protags never talk, even when they aren't currently the protag!

Spoiler for half spoiler:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:06   Link #126
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Miltank and Kingdra were mean.
I suspect that the addition of much better Fighting and Dragon moves/Pokemon has defanged both Miltank and Kingdra in the remakes...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:01   Link #127
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Yay~~~ After waiting so long, all of the main characters finally get their official artworks. The Team Rocket admins, gym leaders, and Elite Four.
Akane... she looks so different from before.
Please take a look at the official website.

I wish the game gave more Ragecandybars... Only one... only one...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 12:54   Link #128
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yay~~~ After waiting so long, all of the main characters finally get their official artworks. The Team Rocket admins, gym leaders, and Elite Four.
Akane... she looks so different from before.
Please take a look at the official website.

I wish the game gave more Ragecandybars... Only one... only one...
Which offical website?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 14:34   Link #129
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Which offical website?
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-10-20, 06:20   Link #130
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

That's no website. That's a Flash application. -_-
Old 2009-10-20, 09:25   Link #131
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
I think by now, the game should be already out in Japan... but we still have to wait several months more until the US gets a release...

I still wonder, does the new game sell a item called "Slowpoketail..." (Yes, it's cruel to chop off a Slowpoke's tail and sell it for food... and a lot of ethical issues.)
Old 2009-10-21, 17:44   Link #132
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I think by now, the game should be already out in Japan... but we still have to wait several months more until the US gets a release...

I still wonder, does the new game sell a item called "Slowpoketail..." (Yes, it's cruel to chop off a Slowpoke's tail and sell it for food... and a lot of ethical issues.)
Well there could be a few ethical issues with Pokemon if taken seriously . I mean consider trying to catch them all and leaving hundreds of pokemon in a computer system never to be seen again, or having creatures beat the crap out of each other until they collapse .

Looking forward to this. Though of course still plenty of time before it's released out here.
Old 2009-10-21, 18:11   Link #133
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
This is the only worthwhile thing to come out of the Pokemon series since Diamond/Pearl version. I'm only getting it cause it's a remake of the best installment in the series, it's a Nintendo series and it's nostalgia value ought to be through the roof.~

Pokemon is whoring itself out nowadays, with all this spin-off crap and features in the main games one would never give a crap about using.
Old 2009-10-21, 18:52   Link #134
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Pokemon is whoring itself out nowadays, with all this spin-off crap and features in the main games one would never give a crap about using.
Because the entire world revolves around your tastes, I understand. *nod**nod*

Old 2009-10-21, 18:57   Link #135
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
Because the entire world revolves around your tastes, I understand. *nod**nod*
Eh the rest of the world can do whatever the heck they want.

I'm only giving my thoughts.
Old 2009-10-21, 19:15   Link #136
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Eh the rest of the world can do whatever the heck they want.

I'm only giving my thoughts.
Eh, So the proper correction to your statement would be

Quote:
Pokemon is whoring itself out nowadays, with all this spin-off crap and features in the main games I would never give a crap about using.
Yes?
It's best not to use a term that refers to such a wide category of people. Of course, it could be your thought that everyone in the world thinks the way you do, but that would certainly be an envious sweets(*laugh*) brain, wouldn't it...?

Old 2009-10-21, 19:23   Link #137
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
It's best not to use a term that refers to such a wide category of people. Of course, it could be your thought that everyone in the world thinks the way you do, but that would certainly be an envious sweets(*laugh*) brain, wouldn't it...?
Alright my apologies you're right, I should've thought about that a bit more.

Though that doesn't change the fact I think Pokemon isn't as good as it used to be.
Old 2009-10-21, 22:46   Link #138
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
I think the opposite... well in the technical standpoint since I rather do alot of battles with EV trained Pokemon with the right natures. I think the 4th generation is better in terms of competitive battling than the other generations since the first 2 generations didn't have Effort Value that can improve the stats of a Pokemon regardless of poor IVs and Natures...

I could care less about the story... I care more about competitive battling.
Old 2009-10-21, 23:22   Link #139
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I think the opposite... well in the technical standpoint since I rather do alot of battles with EV trained Pokemon with the right natures. I think the 4th generation is better in terms of competitive battling than the other generations since the first 2 generations didn't have Effort Value that can improve the stats of a Pokemon regardless of poor IVs and Natures...

I could care less about the story... I care more about competitive battling.
Ah see, that's why I don't like it as much as I used to. There's so much hidden factors in raising your Pokemon and even in battles I just can't find it enjoyable anymore. I'll take my fights less tactical plz.~

What keeps bringing ME back to Pokemon is the collection factor to it, I just find it so fun to search the world for those critters and fill up the Pokedex.

The story wasn't all that interesting in the R/B/Y and G/S/C days either, not as bad as the current stories, but still not incredibly interesting.
Old 2009-10-29, 22:35   Link #140
Siesta34

Quote:
Ah see, that's why I don't like it as much as I used to. There's so much hidden factors in raising your Pokemon and even in battles I just can't find it enjoyable anymore. I'll take my fights less tactical plz.~

What keeps bringing ME back to Pokemon is the collection factor to it, I just find it so fun to search the world for those critters and fill up the Pokedex.
Iīll have to agree with some of this. There are to much "tricks" to raise your pokemon the way you want and sometimes thereīs just TOO much stuff to do so you can accomplish the gameīs objective (Iīll better not get started about completing the pokedex ).

For me, itīs the nostalgia+collection thing. I just canīt forget how much FUN I had with these series

Really looking forward to playing soulsilver! (I REALLY hope they donīt end up making something like a "Diamond, now with Lugia", I enjoyed silver for GBC and hope to enjoy it again)
Siesta34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, pokemon, rpg