AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 15:41   Link #141
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Pokemon Heart Gold\Soul Silver

JP official website
US official website

Using Pokewalker

Lets Pokemon

Last edited by Nemesis Zone; 2010-04-26 at 07:03.
Nemesis Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 16:26   Link #142
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

oooh very sorry I Haven't seen this Thread =(

Thanks for moving my Post.

Just a while back there I knew about the IV Training and I must say it take some time to find best nature I raised one Pokemon with IV until now.

anyway anyone want to battle ?
Old 2010-04-25, 21:55   Link #143
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm good for battling, but my main party is not quite ready yet (still EV training).
Old 2010-04-26, 04:31   Link #144
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
After seeing B&W thread, I was wondering if there wasn't any for HG/SS, but I guess I should have been more thorough with my search.
That said, surprised there isn't much opinions exploding everywhere after the release .

Anyway, pretty much like most people here, I played the original R/B/Y, and G/S... though I dropped the series due to the lack of funds for a GBA, and not so pleased with gen III design (for some reason, when I first saw Kyogre's design on saphir cover, I was wondering what the heck this submarine/jet was doing there).
But thanks to a friend of mine, I was playing a bit pearl version recently which sparked back my interest to the series.

Got my copy the day after European release (which was 26th march... at least not so far from US release for once), and surprised to get so much new features all thrown on my face.
But I have to say: the menu being fully controlled with both buttons and touch screen is really handy to the point I really do not wish to come back to dppt

I dunno about you, but I think Nintendo and Gamefreak managed to deliver a remake that is definitely the essence of the original G/S/C while being updated with the rest of the lineage without disrupting it.
Heck, I became completely addicted to the breeding stuff despite I couldn't give it much thought before (120 frigging Riolu in order to have... 4 Lucario with Jolly / max Attack IV / Inner Focus -_-)

But the nostalgia feeling certainly worked well to me, especially the remixes of many great tracks (I love what they did to Rival Silver Battler theme and Red's, which allowed me to discover neat arrange, such like this or this one).

How did it go for all of you? Because while I could barely touch my DS before, that cursed game makes me spend my time on it at least 3-4 hours per day
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 05:48   Link #145
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

^
as you said the game make you spend more time without getting bored, I like Red Battle Music in HG\SS.

So anyone Defeated Red yet ? well I did it was quite a tough fight I beat him with 6 Pokemon about LV 60 - 70 (with a lot of Full Restore) the only problem with my team was the low speed.

right now I am working on the Pokedex I can't catch Raiku Just keeps Run away even with 1 HP and Sleep still Hard to catch.

if anyone want to do some battles post your FC code.
Old 2010-04-26, 08:59   Link #146
leodamine
Divine Akuma

@Nemesis Zone. Use Mean look to keep him in place, then put him to sleep or something.

Anywho, I'd say that this is a pretty solid game. Other than a few flaws, I've had a pretty good time. The things I don't like though, are:

1. Pokegear sucks. I have missed tons of calls because they call right when I happen to be going into a building or when I'm about to talk to an NPC. Then you miss the call.

2. Lack of Postgame content after beating Red. At least dppt had some new areas to explore after you beat Cynthia. All I really do now is hang around the Battle Frontier.

3. No Versus Seeker. Gotta rely on gym leader rematchs for exp now, and hell, certain gym leaders are only available in time slots that are impossible for me. Wednesday mornings are impossible for me, so I can never fight Misty.

Other than those little problems though, I'd say this is a step up. I really like walking around with your pokemon and whatnot. And the pokethon (pokelathon?) is a lot of fun.
Old 2010-04-26, 10:00   Link #147
Rias

My DS was sitting around collecting dust before I got my copy of SS (I think I was last playing Love Plus, but stopped playing about 4 months ago)

HG/SS is quite fun and full of things to do, and I actually played it way more than Pearl (I just beat the game and that was it for me.) Personally I've never played any gen 2/3 pokemon before, so the remake is actually "new" for me.

I do agree that there's not much post game after beating Red, but really, there were tons of things to do after you beat the league the first time, and that's usually where the game ends, no? You get some extra stuff to do here and there, but not a whole region to explore in. After beating him, I am just back to trying to complete the pokedex (probably not going to happen with all those missing legendaries), Battler Frontier, and leveling with battling Elite Four + Lance + Red over and over.
Old 2010-04-26, 14:31   Link #148
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I was wondering what the heck this submarine/jet was doing there

I dunno about you, but I think Nintendo and Gamefreak managed to deliver a remake that is definitely the essence of the original G/S/C while being updated with the rest of the lineage without disrupting it.

Heck, I became completely addicted to the breeding stuff despite I couldn't give it much thought before (120 frigging Riolu in order to have... 4 Lucario with Jolly / max Attack IV / Inner Focus -_-)

How did it go for all of you? Because while I could barely touch my DS before, that cursed game makes me spend my time on it at least 3-4 hours per day
-Whale, I believe

-I'm sure they'd be glad to here that. The staff in that GameFreak room in Celadon City has the director (=Iwata?) speaking about how they have the difficult task of appealing to those old game fans...

-Seriously, talk about it. Breeding and training Pokemon for battle (On random Wi-Fi Battle Revolution) is very fun. So is thinking up your own movesets and all.
I already have around 6 boxes full of trained Pokemon, ready for battle.

-Nah, my DS has never gotten a chance to collect dust. In fact, so used, the battery life is about 1 hour now! Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey, Pokemon Dungeon, Luminous Arc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Zone View Post
right now I am working on the Pokedex I can't catch Raiku Just keeps Run away even with 1 HP and Sleep still Hard to catch.

if anyone want to do some battles post your FC code.
What I did to catch those running Pokemon is breed an Absol who has MeanLook and Taunt. MeanLook keeps them from running, and Taunt keeps them from running away.
Though thanks to Absol's defense, it gets defeated after a while...

I'd like to, but from personal experience, I haven't really found much success connecting and battling. Whenever I trade codes and talk to the people in the waiting room, an error occurs and ejects me from Wi-Fi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
2. Lack of Postgame content after beating Red.
Postgame = Train, Train, and Train!

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 16:33   Link #149
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

^
There is still one problem even when you use mean look he use Roar that will make your Pokemon fly away ill try again.

Quote:
Whenever I trade codes and talk to the people in the waiting room, an error occurs and ejects me from Wi-Fi...
it happens sometime with me but wouldn't you mind trying it out with me once ? I could use your help in completing my Pokedex since you got them all I really not much into the new Pokemons.

Do you have to play Platinum to complete it ?
Old 2010-04-26, 20:03   Link #150
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
^
There is still one problem even when you use mean look he use Roar that will make your Pokemon fly away ill try again.

it happens sometime with me but wouldn't you mind trying it out with me once ? I could use your help in completing my Pokedex since you got them all I really not much into the new Pokemons.

Do you have to play Platinum to complete it ?
That's what Taunt is for. The CPU will definitely attempt to run away first, so on your first turn, use Mean Look. The dog will attempt and fail to run away. Then use Taunt, and he can no longer Roar you either.

Mmm... I'll think about it, but to be honest, I'm busy in real life, so I think it might be hard finding time for both of us to use the Wi-Fi battle room...
I don't think battling will help complete your Pokedex.

I don't think you need Platinum to complete it, but you will need Pearl and Diamond, or use GTS.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 21:02   Link #151
leodamine
Divine Akuma

you do need either diamond, pearl, or platinum to complete the pokedex. The GTS sucks since you can only search for pokemon you already have seen.

Battling in the wifi room doesn't add to your dex either IIRC.
Old 2010-04-27, 03:21   Link #152
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Quote:
I don't think battling will help complete your Pokedex.
Quote:
Battling in the wifi room doesn't add to your dex either
LOL I meant by trading Pokemon I don't have to help me complete it, anyway thanks.

I didn't play Platinum nor Diamond !
Old 2010-04-27, 08:52   Link #153
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
LOL I meant by trading Pokemon I don't have to help me complete it, anyway thanks.

I didn't play Platinum nor Diamond !
Well, which ones do you need? If you have HG, then I can trade my groudon for your kyogre, and then it's possible to get Rayquaza. Also I can trade SS exclusives for HG exclusives. Lastly, I can pokesav any event pokemon (or any pokemon in general for that matter, but that ruins the fun) so if you're missing the event shaymin or a deoxys, then I'm your man.
Old 2010-04-27, 09:18   Link #154
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
Well, which ones do you need? If you have HG, then I can trade my groudon for your kyogre, and then it's possible to get Rayquaza. Also I can trade SS exclusives for HG exclusives. Lastly, I can pokesav any event pokemon (or any pokemon in general for that matter, but that ruins the fun) so if you're missing the event shaymin or a deoxys, then I'm your man.
Thats good but I Have SS (Ligia <3) I could do the same for you if you want Rayquaza.

I went to battle factory and did some battles I am surprised there is so much Pokemon I haven't seen yet I am not into the new gen Pokemon.
Old 2010-04-27, 18:12   Link #155
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

I got SS when it came out here and it's my first Pokemon game since Yellow, yea been out of the loop for a long time.
it's basically all new to me but still immense fun, i recall spending a huge amount of time playing R/B when they came out, a friend gave me a copy of blue so I was able to complete my dex back then, felt great when I did

Right now I'm trying to catch Groudon but haven't found a decent nature yet.

before I got bored trying to lvl up my party so just decided to catch me a Mewtwo which was surprisingly very easy and after that just went to battle Red which i did pretty easily.
Mewtwo is a beast!

I've been pretty lucky catching Legendaries so far, all were easy to catch and good natures so far, altho Latios has been pretty tough to snag so far.

party atm is Big Lugs, Ho-oh, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Charizard, and well hopefully soon a Groudon.
well I always keep with Big Lugs, Mewtwo and Charizard(my fav pokemon from long ago) with me and swap the others out whenever.

also hate trying to get Ice Beam TM, too many coins needed to get one-__-
Old 2010-04-27, 18:55   Link #156
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
snip
You hate the Voltorb Minesweeper as well? God, that game is so annoying.
Old 2010-04-27, 23:39   Link #157
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
You hate the Voltorb Minesweeper as well? God, that game is so annoying.
I wanted to kill something while "playing" that thing. If I didn't want icebeam so bad . I mean seriously that is a damn annoying thing to do. They couldn't just let you buy the coins... I eventually got enough coins, but I'll never play that flip game again.

It's a bit mixed with me. I really dove into the game after it came out. But with exams and the Starcraft II Beta just haven't been playing too much. Oddly that came shortly after getting my shiny Suicune.
Old 2010-04-28, 03:40   Link #158
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
You hate the Voltorb Minesweeper as well? .
I Hate it so much I only played to get Abra and then a moments later I found abra in the wild it really pissed me off.

Quote:
Mewtwo is a beast!
I liked mewtwo in Red - Yellow but here in HG\SS it feels its too weak no special attacks or anything just high LV and S.Att
Old 2010-04-28, 08:48   Link #159
leodamine
Divine Akuma

God I hate voltorb flip. I mean, if they let us buy coins, I wouldn't be so pissed, but it's such an annoying game. Damn those people who thought pokemon would turn kids into gambling addicts.
Old 2010-04-28, 08:59   Link #160
Who

Ew legendaries </3 Hate them SO much cause of the people who abuse Celebi, Heatran and Latias in Wi-Fi play. Just catch them, store them in a box and never let them see pixelated light of day ever again.

Roommate's playing SS all the time now so I can't get my DS back and play anymore. Just as good. Gives me time to prepare for finals.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, pokemon, rpg