AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-17, 04:19   Link #2061
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And lets not forget that Medaka 3 (72,000) just outsold Sket Dance 12 (70,000). FWIW Sket Dance 11 sold 102,000 but Sket Dance 10 did 78,000.



Bleach has been crap ever since SS ended, yet its the 3rd best selling manga in WSJ.
Well bleach already had a fanbase, Ane-Doki did not, there is a difference you know, the first volumes are better indicators in such case, unless the author himself has a big fanbase but Kawashita is not all that popular, though her artwork is the top her story telling usually lacks something.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 10:38   Link #2062
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Funny how despite Nishio's fanbase, Weekly Shounen Jump underprinted Medaka Box's first volume. Only 15K copies were printed. Talk about massive underestimation considering that amount grew to 98K by the time the 2nd volume(2 months later) came out and is probably well over 6 digits by this point.

Speaking of survival and color pages, the one year anniversary draws ever closer which means another color page soon. Hopefully Akira Akatsuki can surprise us. While I liked the last color page, I also believe it would have been better as a volume cover.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 08:11   Link #2063
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Raws for 39 are out...

Spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2010-02-18 at 08:33.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 11:02   Link #2064
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Spoiler for Ch 39:

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2010-02-18 at 11:14.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 12:48   Link #2065
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Spoiler for Raw 39:
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 19:53   Link #2066
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Favorite characters are now Medaka and Koga-chan.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 20:15   Link #2067
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
Funny how despite Nishio's fanbase, Weekly Shounen Jump underprinted Medaka Box's first volume. Only 15K copies were printed. Talk about massive underestimation considering that amount grew to 98K by the time the 2nd volume(2 months later) came out and is probably well over 6 digits by this point.
I don't think they know there is a huge Nisio fanbase. Considering Zaregoto was the trump novel (without Bake's success I highly doubt Nisio would be that famous now just from the manga and his novels), Bake's novel's popularity's never that big (up there yes, but not WAYYYY up there). Shounen ranking were weak. First DVD sale of Bake's was either very last day of September or early October, and first Medaka sale was around the same time. There was no way they could've predict how well Medaka will sell that well imo.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 16:02   Link #2068
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Translation is out:

http://mangahelpers.com/t/shadowskill/releases/20115

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2010-02-21 at 16:27.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 16:05   Link #2069
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
After reading that... I really don't know what to say, though the loony has hit through the roof.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 16:27   Link #2070
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2010-02-21 at 17:14.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 17:11   Link #2071
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I don't think they know there is a huge Nisio fanbase. Considering Zaregoto was the trump novel (without Bake's success I highly doubt Nisio would be that famous now just from the manga and his novels), Bake's novel's popularity's never that big (up there yes, but not WAYYYY up there). Shounen ranking were weak. First DVD sale of Bake's was either very last day of September or early October, and first Medaka sale was around the same time. There was no way they could've predict how well Medaka will sell that well imo.
Exactly my point. Since they didn't know, there is no way that people can say that Nishio's name is what was protecting the series before the first volume came out and they apparently didn't even expect much from it volume-wise because of the underprinting.

By the time December came around, the first volume had already done 98K and the 2nd volume was going on sale that month.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 10:11   Link #2072
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Medaka out of the bottom 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangahelpers
Issue 13 Bottom 5
Hunter x Hunter
Gintama
Kuroko no Basket
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Kashiko-ken Rilienthal

Issue 14
Lead CP: Kochi Kame
CP: Yotsuya-senpai, Kuroko
Hahahahha oh god WSJ play captain save a hoe when it comes to Kuroko

Bottom 5
CP
Bottom 5
CP

Rilienthal and Shinigami will get canned next.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 14:40   Link #2073
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Funny, the chapter that got it out of the bottom five was the introduction of "I'll Kill You" Munakata... when Zen was going to get his chance. Coincidence?
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 14:42   Link #2074
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Funny, the chapter that got it out of the bottom five was the introduction of "I'll Kill You" Munakata... when Zen was going to get his chance. Coincidence?
Err... if I remember right, that's not the first chapter that's out of the bottom.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 14:45   Link #2075
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
I know, but it's the first one out of the bottom five in a LONG time (not including the color pages which aren't ranked).

Since the Flask Plan was introduced, it's been stuck in the bottom five and the Hard Wrapping battle didn't go over well (coming in second to last in the last ToC).

I'm just wondering if it's because of Zen or if they just like Last Carpet more than Hard Wrapping (they both have somewhat sexual sounding names.) >.>
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 16:34   Link #2076
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Funny, the chapter that got it out of the bottom five was the introduction of "I'll Kill You" Munakata... when Zen was going to get his chance. Coincidence?
Depends. it may be a combination of both. Zenkichi kicking Miyakonojou off the tower didn't raise it that much so who knows. There is also the fact that Hunter x Hunter doesn't technically count. If Medaka is sitting on top of it, then it would technically still be in the bottom 5. Although being on top of it is a better position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I know, but it's the first one out of the bottom five in a LONG time (not including the color pages which aren't ranked).

Since the Flask Plan was introduced, it's been stuck in the bottom five and the Hard Wrapping battle didn't go over well (coming in second to last in the last ToC).

I'm just wondering if it's because of Zen or if they just like Last Carpet more than Hard Wrapping (they both have somewhat sexual sounding names.) >.>
The last time it got out was the final chapter of Medaka's Perses Mode against Unzen.

Takachiho had a more interesting/sympathetic background but Munakata is the more "interesting" character imo. He has his own catch phrase(s) and his ability is far more "ridiculous" than reflexes amped to the extreme. Even if Munakata was supposedly at his limits and Takachiho is the strongest.

I'd say its a combo of that and the Zenkichi crowd finally being thrown a bone.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 14:17   Link #2077
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Raws for 39 are out...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 02:29   Link #2078
Jze0
Hmmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Koga is one interesting abnormal and she all over the place... I think I'm in love with her. I'm lame saying that aren't I...
__________________
::MyAnimeList | Miko priestess::
Jze0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 04:16   Link #2079
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Medaka got out of the bottom 5 by a few spots. The best it has done in the 2010 calendar year so far.

Spoiler for Medaka Box Ranking:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Koga is one interesting abnormal and she all over the place... I think I'm in love with her. I'm lame saying that aren't I...
Nah, she has just been an energetic and fun girl so far. Unbelievable brute strength and simple, but clever in her own way. She was smart for attacking him while doing a hand stand and pulling these gravity defying feats. Akune has just been daring enough to counter some of what she pulled.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 09:34   Link #2080
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
New chapter:

http://hotfile.com/dl/30058494/fcb9fa4/Medaka.zip.html

Need to be said, the beggining was fucking creepy, but the last pages made me rofl...

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2010-02-25 at 11:00.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.