AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2010-06-13, 09:29   Link #2461
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Grr... that kind of irks me. It's like every bad guy in the manga wants to be good deep down, but their power somehow makes them do bad. Then they get beat and become best friends with the other characters. >< It's getting very repetitive and boring.

It's why I can't wait for Kumagawa. I just want someone who's evil just to be evil and not going to convert to Medaka's will so easily. Even Unzen, despite his words about not changing, is helping them out.
Old 2010-06-13, 10:19   Link #2462
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
King wanted to use his power for good. But it seems that the power comes with a desire to control others, even though he went through a self imposed exile lasting several years to the streets to control the impulse he failed in the end.
Oh come on.

Please don't be redeemed, please don't be redeemed.

Take him out!
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 04:13   Link #2463
Wrath88
Kissing...

Suddenly I had this image of Naoi from Angel Beats
Old 2010-06-14, 11:09   Link #2464
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

2) That translation for 49 has King calling Zenkichi Medaka's lap dog. I'm wondering if Nishio actually saw what a lot of the fans were saying.
I'm pretty sure Nishio knew thats how he wanted Zenkichi from the start. From the beginning he referred to himself as Medaka's pit bull more than once.

Quote:
Grr... that kind of irks me. It's like every bad guy in the manga wants to be good deep down, but their power somehow makes them do bad. Then they get beat and become best friends with the other characters. >< It's getting very repetitive and boring.

It's why I can't wait for Kumagawa. I just want someone who's evil just to be evil and not going to convert to Medaka's will so easily. Even Unzen, despite his words about not changing, is helping them out.
Its more or less a theme that is trying to be shown among the 13 Party. Abnormals want to have the things that normal people have but their abilities make it hard for them to do so. Since those of the 13 Party can't function normally, they are fine with making a world where everyone is abnormal. A world for them to have a place where they can belong and where everyone is special in their own right.

Its pretty much not just Medaka at this point but the entire student council for the most part. Zenkichi and Kikaijima were capable of converting members of the 13 Party to their side as well. Although Miyakonojou stopped Yukuhashi.

As far as Unzen goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They have a mutual enemy so of course its in his interest to maximize his chances of taking said enemy down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Oh come on.

Please don't be redeemed, please don't be redeemed.

Take him out!
Welcome to shounen. Though Miyakonojou will be taken out don't be surprised at him being redeemed.
Old 2010-06-14, 12:25   Link #2465
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Welcome to shounen.
I know.

As long as he doesn't become the VP or something, everything is fine and dandy.

Just beat his ass, sending him on his way, "to find himself."
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 13:46   Link #2466
Last Carpet

Even with Miyakonojou's fight, I'm more interested in the Plus 6. No way the Student Council has enough strength to take on the 6 most Abnormal students in school.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 11:11   Link #2467
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Translation for chapter 50

lol calling her Mega Man is an accurate name.

If this is closer to how she was 13 years ago, I must say that what she ended up becoming was a much needed improvement. Also the funniest part here for me was her saying she would use Miyakonojou if it helped her get closer to perfection.
Old 2010-06-19, 13:20   Link #2468
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Looks like Medaka's abnormality is the ability to steal other people's abnormalities. That's kind of boring. :\ It's like the Sharingan in Abnormal form.
Old 2010-06-19, 16:28   Link #2469
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Looks like Medaka's abnormality is the ability to steal other people's abnormalities. That's kind of boring. :\ It's like the Sharingan in Abnormal form.
May or may not be exactly right. Because I think this plays more into Medaka's ability to completely control her body more than just outright stealing abnormalities. Remember she can turn her reflexes off and on and since they were originally off it meant she had a higher learning curve than most other people.

She fought Unzen but still couldn't handle his super balls like he could. Sure she can make her muscles and brain do what she wants almost 100% without waste but so far she has her limits. I think the biggest test will be if she can use any of the Plus 6's abnormal abilities.
Old 2010-06-19, 17:42   Link #2470
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This manga sounds like it's getting out of hand. I was planning to come back after 50 chaps when I finished the failure that was the Unken(or whatever that kids name is) arc, but superpowered fights? That's not what it started out as. I don't think I'll be coming back to this =0\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 19:52   Link #2471
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
This manga sounds like it's getting out of hand. I was planning to come back after 50 chaps when I finished the failure that was the Unken(or whatever that kids name is) arc, but superpowered fights? That's not what it started out as. I don't think I'll be coming back to this =0\.
And yet the manga's more popular than it ever was pre-Unzen. As in "not constantly scraping the bottom". Go figure.

In a more related note, what IS Medaka's abnormality? Her will to succeed?
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 21:40   Link #2472
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
And yet the manga's more popular than it ever was pre-Unzen. As in "not constantly scraping the bottom". Go figure.

Those HUGE melons that jiggle in front of her.
Pretty abnormal, in a good way
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 22:01   Link #2473
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

But it's been back in the bottom five for the past several weeks. It picked up a bit during the Zen fight and the Koga/Kujira arc, but has dropped back down again. Sadly, Lock-On!, which has been getting better lately, has become it's new cushion. So has Yotsuya, which I've never even read. It's got it's one year anniversary coming next week, though, so it won't get ranked. It got color pages instead. :P

I just don't think many people are fond of the current X-Men-type story that's being presented and the sudden turn around of all the bad guys into good guys. Even Naruto, which has had several villains change heart, has had it's share of bad guys who were just bad and ended up dying for it.
Old 2010-06-19, 23:10   Link #2474
ksho

Quote:

Her abnormality was fully revealed in chapter 54. And in some ways, it's even more hack than the sharingan.

Spoiler for Spoilers for Medaka's true abnormality:

Oh....and someone made a surprise appearance in the latest chapter.

Spoiler for Spoilers for Chapter 55:
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 23:43   Link #2475
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post
Her abnormality was fully revealed in chapter 54. And in some ways, it's even more hack than the sharingan.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-20, 00:09   Link #2476
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
55:
Well shit, that's the first time Medaka showed fear. Looks like the guys got "screwed" (hur hur)

And in the first reveal shot it almost look like Unzen got screwed in the crotch.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 02:58   Link #2477
Xion Valkyrie

Hmmm, how would they make an enemy for her after this then? Maybe something like in Needless where the final baddy has the same ability, but stronger + more experience or something.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 04:30   Link #2478
ziggi92

But that means her weak points of abnormal side is against Normal so if think about it that Zenkichi is "normal" means that he can beat Medaka since her abnormal only works on abnormal but not against normal.
Spoiler for chapter 55:
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 06:58   Link #2479
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post

As if I needed another reason to hate her. Medaka is the Abnormal character who gets more powerful with every fight. I wouldn't mind that if she didn't have that holier than thou/cute girl switch/I love everyone/but go batshit crazy on them when they don't see things my way....attitude. Her abnormality is just.....meh....I can't describe it in a way I feel will do it justice.

As for Misogi, I have a feeling that this'll be great. Medaka couldn't change him for the better. She attacked him and forced him to leave the school. But she felt crushed by the fact that she couldn't help him. This is bound to bring up the memories of what happened before. Medaka herself has changed, but has she changed enough to succeed against the Born Loser that she failed against before?

This is just as much Zenkichi's fight as it is Medaka's. If she beats Kumagawa on her own now, then there's really no reason for Zenkichi to stay by her side. Emotional damage is the one thing that can really hurt her. That's the only good thing about her Abnormality. She always wins, even when she loses her loss in itself is a victory. But she can't enjoy that victory, because the loss hurts her more than anything else.

Zenkichi beat Munakata, who puts off the same negative vibe as Kumagawa. But I think there are some key differences between the two of them. I can't wait to see if Zenkichi really can protect Medaka from the one thing that can hurt her.If not for him, so Maguro has to take back what he said and honestly admit that Zenkichi's the only one who has what it takes to protect her. I also can't wait to finally see what Misogi looks like. He's been shaded out or taken apart so we can't see him. I've been waiting for this since the day since we found out that miss high-and-mighty couldn't help everyone.

Now I just have to find the RAW's for chapter 55.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 07:43   Link #2480
maxikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
As if I needed another reason to hate her. Medaka is the Abnormal character who gets more powerful with every fight. I wouldn't mind that if she didn't have that holier than thou/cute girl switch/I love everyone/but go batshit crazy on them when they don't see things my way....attitude. Her abnormality is just.....meh....I can't describe it in a way I feel will do it justice.

As for Misogi, I have a feeling that this'll be great. Medaka couldn't change him for the better. She attacked him and forced him to leave the school. But she felt crushed by the fact that she couldn't help him. This is bound to bring up the memories of what happened before. Medaka herself has changed, but has she changed enough to succeed against the Born Loser that she failed against before?

This is just as much Zenkichi's fight as it is Medaka's. If she beats Kumagawa on her own now, then there's really no reason for Zenkichi to stay by her side. Emotional damage is the one thing that can really hurt her. That's the only good thing about her Abnormality. She always wins, even when she loses her loss in itself is a victory. But she can't enjoy that victory, because the loss hurts her more than anything else.

Zenkichi beat Munakata, who puts off the same negative vibe as Kumagawa. But I think there are some key differences between the two of them. I can't wait to see if Zenkichi really can protect Medaka from the one thing that can hurt her.If not for him, so Maguro has to take back what he said and honestly admit that Zenkichi's the only one who has what it takes to protect her. I also can't wait to finally see what Misogi looks like. He's been shaded out or taken apart so we can't see him. I've been waiting for this since the day since we found out that miss high-and-mighty couldn't help everyone.

Now I just have to find the RAW's for chapter 55.
u could go to dm5.com to see the chinese raw if u want.
Spoiler for discussion of chap. 55:
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council