AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-06-20, 07:59   Link #2481
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-20, 08:00   Link #2482
Last Carpet

So the mysterious Kumagawa Misogi finally shows his face. How do I upload his picture onto the medaka box wiki?

Spoiler for Born Loser:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 12:38   Link #2483
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post
Her abnormality was fully revealed in chapter 54. And in some ways, it's even more hack than the sharingan.

Spoiler for Spoilers for Medaka's true abnormality:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-20, 15:26   Link #2484
Alpha Knight

Wow, just wow...

Spoiler for Kumagawa:

Despite he left the hospital because he was told he had no abnormal traits, in the end it turned out he really is.

Zen is like him, he too was told he had no abnormality, but with this latest chapter, the statement cannot be took as right anymore.
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 17:16   Link #2485
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-21, 02:47   Link #2486
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
And yet the manga's more popular than it ever was pre-Unzen. As in "not constantly scraping the bottom". Go figure.
Actually after it's 3 weeks in the middle of the TOC it was in the bottom 5 for 3 weeks in a row, 2nd last 3 weeks back and the last two weeks it was 3rd last, only being above Lockon and Yotsuya. Yotsuya is definitely the next cut and Lockon is probably next.

Medaka's getting color and extra pages in this weeks issue.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 16:06   Link #2487
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Spoiler for 55:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 17:03   Link #2488
ksho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for 55:
It's mentioned in his introduction blurb/thingy.

Spoiler for Spoilers for 55:
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 17:33   Link #2489
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post
Spoiler:
^ There's no better description suited for Kumagawa then this. Seriously, that was the first thing I thought when I saw him XD
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 20:28   Link #2490
Last Carpet

Spoiler for Spoilers for Chapter 55:

"He was the kind of guy who absorbed all the negative aspects of people"
"He was the kind of guy who lost to everyone in everything"
"He was a born loser"
"He would fail so universally that his entire life was a joke"

Looking back at chapter 20, this was part of Kumagawa's description. I don't know how I missed it. It's the perfect portrayal of an anime loser. But Kumagawa's the only one I've seen to turn out like this. I can't help but feel glad that a loser turned out evil for once instead of surrounded by a flock of hot girls.(He'd probably have turned out nicer if he got one though).

It looks like Medaka is screwed...pun unintended. She couldn't help him in Middle School. And, judging from the terrified look on her face, I doubt she can help him now. I can't wait to see their first encounter.When Medaka beat him down, she realized that she can't help everyone. I'm itching to see the emotional damage Kumagawa inflicted on the her. I can't wait for the next release.
Old 2010-06-24, 05:16   Link #2491
alquimio_125

Do not you think that this manga is coming to an end?
Kumagawa already appeared, the likely final boss. Medaka defeats him in a couple of chapters and is over. Because I do not think there can be more story after that.
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 06:37   Link #2492
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
Do not you think that this manga is coming to an end?
Kumagawa already appeared, the likely final boss. Medaka defeats him in a couple of chapters and is over. Because I do not think there can be more story after that.
Could or could not be the case. If there is anything after that, chances are that Nishio may not have planned those portions out from the beginning like he did the current arc. Of course depending on what a possible arc after this looks like it could have hints that could be found throughout the current one too. Kumagawa has been foreshadowed and talked about for almost a year now by this point.

Although dealing with Chairman Shiranui is still something that should get covered. At least in terms of convincing him to not use his students as guinea pigs haha.
Old 2010-06-25, 03:27   Link #2493
ziggi92

Chapter 49 has come out :
http://www.mangareader.net/215-54568...hapter-49.html
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 10:14   Link #2494
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Raws for 56 are out...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-26, 12:04   Link #2495
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler:

Also I loved the color spread. Akira Akatsuki did a good job on it. I wasn't expecting a full spread and two extra pages in color but I guess that is where the 23 pages came in. A nice one year anniversary present. Despite all the naysayers and haters this series lasted far longer than any of them thought possible. =P
Old 2010-06-26, 12:08   Link #2496
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
....Man, I dropped Bleach because I couldn't stand Unzen.
I guess you meant "Aizen", but I didn't like Unzen either(which caused me to stop reading this manga at that point).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 12:22   Link #2497
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, I meant Aizen. >< Was typing quickly and mixed them up.

Doesn't matter much anymore, though. :P I've learned to hate this manga with a passion. I give props to those who enjoy it, but between Medaka making every character bow to her whim, Zen being a wus lap dog still (after 56 chapters), and the newly introduced Villain Sue, I've just gotten sick of it.
Old 2010-06-26, 12:42   Link #2498
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I think he's just the Master of Illusions.

Meaning quite possibly he didn't kill anyone or that girl Medaka and Zen witnessed in Middle School. Just an illusion?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 12:49   Link #2499
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

I figure anyone that likes Zenkichi would like this so here is the cover for volume 5. It begins with the conclusion of his fight with Munakata and ends with Medaka's memory loss. I've been waiting 3 long months to buy volume 5. Hopefully they have gotten enough chapters ahead so there won't be another 3 month long wait for volume 6.

Old 2010-06-26, 21:48   Link #2500
Last Carpet

I'm loving the color pages, and I'm not really surprised to see Zenkichi's reaction to seeing Kumagawa again.

Even though we haven't actually seen their encounter, we know that Medaka beat him but was still hurt by the fact that she couldn't help him at all. That gave Zenkichi his own purpose, to protect her from emotional harm like what Kumagawa had done to her.

Sometime later, they're in high school. They're dealing with the Flask Plan, Abnormals, the 13 Party. Zenkichi even proves his worth by beating Munakata, who is very similar to Kumagawa. But he breaks down when Kumagawa actually shows up? I don't really buy that.

I don't think the fear is of Kumagawa himself, but rather he's afraid his own failure to protect Medaka from him. Throughout the manga he's always doubting himself. Now that Kumagawa is back, I think he's overcome with doubt and fear. He's not sure he can beat him.

I'm pretty sure Kumagawa will be Zenkichi's opponent, we can see if he really is good enough to protect her from there. Medaka lost to him once before, so fighting him again would probably produce the same result. And her actually beating Kumagawa is highly unlikely. She lost to him before, only for him to return and have her beat him?

Yeah, right.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council