AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-08, 11:04   Link #2881
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
^I have apathy for him, but that doesn't mean I don't sympathize with his fans who keep wanting and hoping for him to actually change in some form but he mostly remains static. I'd find it rather frustrating in that position and I can see why people are constantly speculating and anticipating when will Zenkichi show he is ready for prime time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQVXZ11 View Post
Well all this proves is that the revelation of Zenkichi's abnormal ability/dramatic change in personality will be all the more shocking and important. Besides Kujira has been wrong in a few instances in this series already. Not saying he will take down a boss but all this underestimating him only makes him seem more important. And do you really see him as a sidekick? I thought they were 50/50 more like a Zatch/Kiyo or Soul/Maka (Sorry could not think of anything better) accept that they don't fight together. Although a "normal" guy is okay too. It would be kinda cool if he stays the way he is but if he were really normal, he would not have defeated Munakata. At one point Munakata even said: "This guy's not normal!"
I use the Kujira statement to support an overarching theme for Zenkichi's character. It isn't the pillar of my argument. The recent thing with Shiranui has a lot to do with the fact that Zenkichi doesn't change. The fact he often likes to mention how long he has been by Medaka's side is another. So on and so forth. Which like I said, is fine. It sticks out to me that his character is probably suppose to represent stability in some form.

And yes, I see him as the sidekick. The dynamic they have is largely one of Medaka taking the lead and Zenkichi being "dragged around" as some people like to put it. Zenkichi is her emotional support without a doubt but Medaka quite clearly dominates the relationship and the majority of the plot lines.

Munakata always holds back so I wasn't as impressed there. Had he progressed into a Minus(Not trying to hold back his ability) rather than remaining a Plus, Zenkichi dies in that fight. The next few times he is faced with someone when they get serious he is shown to be outclassed or gives up in the case of the Medaka II fight.

I do think he isn't as "normal" as people in the story claim but I consider that whatever latent potential he has he hasn't grasped yet. Unused potential is equal to no potential. So we have the status quo which is what we have seen from him so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Found some spoiler:

Spoiler:


Iīm not exactly sure about the contents, but it seems like...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 13:19   Link #2882
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post


Munakata always holds back so I wasn't as impressed there. Had he progressed into a Minus(Not trying to hold back his ability) rather than remaining a Plus, Zenkichi dies in that fight. The next few times he is faced with someone when they get serious he is shown to be outclassed or gives up in the case of the Medaka II fight.
I fought the Munakata fight was weird: How can you say Munakata holds back WHILE TRYING TO USE A ROCKET LAUNCHER! And note that he was actually SURPRISED by Zenkichiīs ability to take this weapon out.

Really, this whole "He just wanted to have friends" after the fight, didnīt really make sense to me and looked for me like the author was forced to put some good old fashion WSJ virtues into this.


Quote:
I do think he isn't as "normal" as people in the story claim but I consider that whatever latent potential he has he hasn't grasped yet. Unused potential is equal to no potential. So we have the status quo which is what we have seen from him so far.
In this case, I really hope, the people who suggest his power would be like Touma Kamijous Imagine Breaker are right then.


Quote:
Spoiler:
Remember...

Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 14:40   Link #2883
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Read

Spoiler for 70:

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2010-10-08 at 19:40.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 18:50   Link #2884
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Read

Spoiler for 70:
Spoiler:
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 19:20   Link #2885
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Spoiler for Ch.70:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 20:42   Link #2886
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Spoiler for Ch.70:
Oh. My. God.

Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:04   Link #2887
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Oh. My. God.

Spoiler:
Is there a trope for this kind of self sacrifice?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:07   Link #2888
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Wow, talk about an heated battle:

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:35   Link #2889
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Wow, talk about an heated battle:

Spoiler:
I guess because...

Spoiler:


Ah, my imaginations are running wild. Well, if this doesnīt happen, I still can write a fanfiction.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 04:46   Link #2890
ksho
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
The reason why is because....

Spoiler for Chapter 70:
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 11:34   Link #2891
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
65-66 in english out !
Finally, i can have the others chapters ...
Just need to have 67-70 in english and i can discuss with you.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:08   Link #2892
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
I fought the Munakata fight was weird: How can you say Munakata holds back WHILE TRYING TO USE A ROCKET LAUNCHER! And note that he was actually SURPRISED by Zenkichiīs ability to take this weapon out.

Really, this whole "He just wanted to have friends" after the fight, didnīt really make sense to me and looked for me like the author was forced to put some good old fashion WSJ virtues into this.
I actually wonder if he was going to use that rocket launcher at all or aim directly at Zenkichi with it. Since he knows how not to kill with even the rocket launcher I imagine he probably would have fired in his general vicinity but not close enough for him to be blown to pieces.

Munakata was surprised the entire fight. Constantly followed by the "So I see this won't kill your life" catch phrase. Absolutely loved his personality and sayings haha. But he seemed surprise to me was because Zenkichi was "normal" and doing this rather than just being stopped. We already know that Munakata wasn't the strongest member of the 13 Party so its not like he had an inflated opinion of his abilities like Miyakonojou or to a lesser extent Takachiho.

It made sense to me because I was always wondering is Zenkichi as a "normal" really fast enough to cross X amount of distance and kick automatic weapons away before Munakata can pull the trigger? I was always curious if there was hesitation on his part and that revelation more or less validated my thoughts.


Quote:
In this case, I really hope, the people who suggest his power would be like Touma Kamijous Imagine Breaker are right then.
I've been one of the leading advocates of the theory(I think I may actually have been the first) and I will stick to it until I'm proven wrong.


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler for Raw 70:


Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post
The reason why is because....

Spoiler for Chapter 70:
Spoiler:
__________________
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 15:12   Link #2893
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Why did Misogi Kumagawa call Medaka his ex? Joke?
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:21   Link #2894
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Why did Misogi Kumagawa call Medaka his ex? Joke?
He tends to do that. Same as when he said that he was his non-existent twin brother and a few other instances I may have missed since he has been in the story. He just lies a lot.
__________________
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 20:35   Link #2895
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Spoiler:


Ah... One more day of the NY Comic Con and Anime Fest to go. Too bad all the artwork for sale is from manga licensed in America. I'd love to see some stuff that hasn't been brought over yet, though I know that would be almost impossible.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 20:33   Link #2896
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
Here's hoping for an emotional breakdown. This would be nice to see.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...gantBlubbering
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 20:47   Link #2897
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
She already did that back when she thought Munakata killed him. It's even listed on the MB tvtropes page. :P
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 21:51   Link #2898
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Kumagawa's ability not being fully controlled isn't that surprising. Remember that Minuses were defined as people with (harmful) powers that have no intention of fully controlling themselves.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 01:22   Link #2899
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
I looked through the raws for 70...

Spoiler:
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 01:38   Link #2900
winhlp32
(Ž‿Ž)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boyzone
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I looked through the raws for 70...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for 70:
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.