AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 03:13   Link #2981
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Mhm, the translation explains some things, but there is one point, where I think they made a mistake:

In chapter 71 they translated "kanojo" as "girlfriend", when Kumagawa talked to Zenkichi about Ajimi. I think, it actually just meant "she".

Well, thankfully Medaka´s fandom is so small or the shipping war would be unavoidable.

But I wonder, why Kumagawa is so afraid to meet Ajimi? What is she? The girl he loved? His mistress?
I see. The girlfriend thing caught me off-guard... since THERE WAS NO BLOODY WAY THAT COULD HAD HAPPENED to Zenkichi, who's been idolizing, worshiping and loving Medaka since forever.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 03:30   Link #2982
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Man, I loving these past few chapters. A lot of people don't know what they're missing out on. Meh, guess it's still too weird for some .

I'm still holding my ground on that Kumagawa is one of the best villains in shounen right now.

Yeah it's sad to see such a good manga being so unpopular when you have manga such as Naruto which are really popular

I really like Medaka Box and yeah Kumagawa is a great vilain.

Ajimi is a big mystery. Who is she ? What's her power ? What's her relationship with Kumagawa ? One thing is sure : she's cute :3
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 04:40   Link #2983
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
despite the spoilers, zenkichi won the fight O.o, well not in terms of outcome but in terms of result D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 05:17   Link #2984
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Ajimi is a big mystery. Who is she ? What's her power ? What's her relationship with Kumagawa ? One thing is sure : she's cute :3
I don´t know, but she looks somewhat mischievous for me. Maybe, because we do know so little about her and don´t know which side she is on.

An interesting idea about her ability to restore Zenkichi´s eyes, I heard of, could be the ability to create something from nothing, the complete opposite of Kumagawa´s All Fiction.

Well, but now I really would like to know how Medaka would react, if she meets Ajimi.

PS: Who the hell told the Minus of the Trainings Camp? Shiranui? A traitor between Medaka´s friends? Or one of the abilities of the Minus?
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 05:21   Link #2985
Soji

First of all I apologize for my bad English is not my native language
Said that...back to the topic .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Mhm, the translation explains some things, but there is one point, where I think they made a mistake:

In chapter 71 they translated "kanojo" as "girlfriend", when Kumagawa talked to Zenkichi about Ajimi. I think, it actually just meant "she".

Well, thankfully Medaka´s fandom is so small or the shipping war would be unavoidable.

But I wonder, why Kumagawa is so afraid to meet Ajimi? What is she? The girl he loved? His mistress?

Then this picture here would be funny XD: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=14015155
If you think about it, is not so impossible that she was Zenkichi girlfriend or that Kumagawa misunderstood the situation.
There are three different possibilities that can explain such a thing.
And these are:
-The girl was really Zen's girlfriend and a good friend of Medaka.
Probably Kumagawa love her and the relationship she had with Zen making kumagawa jealous and probably Yandere(I mean it seems ,that these minus are drawn to such actions).
And that incident traumatized Zen with the results we have seen.
-second options .. Ajimi is just a good friend with Zen and Medaka.
But Kumagawa misunderstands the relationship between Zen and Girl same result above.
-third possibility that Ajimi was a onechan like figure for both Zen and Medaka.
Needless to repeat Kumagawa misunderstands the relationship between Zen and Ajimi here too,same result here as well.
Obviously these are the options that I think are possible.
For confirmation we have to wait that Zen remember or Kumagawa say something more about Ajimi.

Last edited by Soji; 2010-10-30 at 06:23.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:05   Link #2986
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Whether Kanojo is "she" or "girlfriend" is based on the context. Considering how she was acting towards Zenkichi, and how Kumagawa worded it "seeing ____ after so long" it makes more sense towards the context that he said "girlfriend" instead of just "her".

My guess is that it's deep in Zen's memory or something. She did get her face ripped off after all.

Anyway, it's not really important at this point, many things about her are a mystery. We don't even know her proper name yet, so only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I see. The girlfriend thing caught me off-guard... since THERE WAS NO BLOODY WAY THAT COULD HAD HAPPENED to Zenkichi, who's been idolizing, worshiping and loving Medaka since forever.
It seems clear that Zenkichi lost all memory to this girl somehow, and we're not entirely sure how Medaka and Zenkichi were in middle school, so I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:43   Link #2987
Last Carpet

OK....

I've already drawn the conclusion that Aijimi is the Middle School girl that Misogi killed. She healed Zenkichi's eyes, which Misogi couldn't do. I wonder what Aijimi has to do with Zenkichi, she seems to know him.

Maybe "All-Fiction" was originally her power and Misogi took it when he killed her. Maybe there's more to Misogi's Minus than just warping reality.(If it's even his Minus)

Also....

Zenkichi stopped Misogi's Minus when he tried to use it, but it kicked in after he died. Zenkichi thought he needed to use his hands to activate his Minus, but Misogi said he just uses his hands to make it look cool(Probably another lie) Whether or not his hands are necessary to use "All-Fiction" doesn't matter, fact is Zenkichi stopped it from working right then.

Another piece of evidence that Zenkichi isn't normal. And, considering that Medaka can't fight against a Minus, I can only hope that we see what else Zenkichi can do when confronted by a Minus. Appealing to Mukae who, by nature as a Minus, doesn't want friends. Momentarily stopping "All-Fiction, even Misogi wanted him to be his friend.

I hope that this is building up to a big confrontation where Zenkichi's status is formally declared.

At any rate, has anyone gotten ahold of chapter 73 yet?
Does anyone know what happened?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 10:03   Link #2988
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

73 hasn't come out yet in the usual places.

As for Zenkichi, Maguro already said that he is the type that is "liked" by the minuses in general. Shiranui was the first hint and Emukae was the confirmation. Kumagawa despite being...Kumagawa still offered him friendship of sorts(Just for Zenkichi) but I'd put an asterisk next to that one. Since Kumagawa tends to be a liar and it was noted that he wanted to break Zenkichi's mind.
Old 2010-10-30, 11:01   Link #2989
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Zenkichi's power is to be loved by all the minus. Amiji is a minus so she loved him that's why Kumagawa said "girlfriend" .
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 11:20   Link #2990
Sol Falling

lol man, can you imagine being "friends" with Kumoawa. Like Zen said, your mind would rot for sure. The persuasive force of his selfishness would probably turn you into utter filth as a human being. To be compelled to melt away in blissful self-destruction, what an absolutely terrifying thing.

Mystery girl is super hot, this manga just keeps getting better. How she is connected to Zen/Medaka/Kumogawa's past is a fascinating question.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 11:54   Link #2991
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Zenkichi's power is to be loved by all the minus. Amiji is a minus so she loved him that's why Kumagawa said "girlfriend" .
Come on, there's got to be more to it than that. There's always more to it with Abnormalities.

Miyakanojou's "Weighted Words" are through his ability to transmit electromagnetic signals to peoples bodies.

Takachiho's "Auto-Pilot" reflexes let him avoid danger and even attack through the power of his body's nervous system. No thought required in the process.

Medaka's "The End" lets her learn how to do anything, even other peoples Abnormalities, perfect them, and use them to their fullest extent.

Now let's see

Zenkichi seems to be Normal, but has pushed his body to its fullest extent. Add that to the fact he could become friends with anyone, including Minuses who, by definition, don't want friends are drawn to him.(Which I suppose is a bad thing)Finally, Zenkichi appears to disrupt Misogi's All-Fiction.

There's more to him than just "an average guy who everyone finds likeable"
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:04   Link #2992
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Kuma-chan's srsly pissed off face was worth a lulz
Old 2010-10-30, 12:05   Link #2993
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I hope that new girl didn't really die and comes back.

She's so cute!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 15:40   Link #2994
Iron21

Looking at the Baka-Update page for Medaka Box pisses me off, it's like they don't even try to understand the damn story and just gives it a bad ranking.

I know all of that doesn't matter, but damn. Reading the reviews just to be curious about why some feel that way, has me facepalming myself.

Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 17:58   Link #2995
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

^the story is kinda off the charts, nonsensical, irational, too many pop-culture references whatsoever. Anybody who can understand everything that Kumagawa says may raise his hand, cuz i sometimes dont really get if he's serious or not, what's true or not, is it ALL FICTION?
Old 2010-10-31, 06:43   Link #2996
Lummie

Chap 73

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 09:58   Link #2997
K. Shiruto

Spoiler for 73:
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 10:36   Link #2998
Doc Astaroth