AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-13, 11:21   Link #3281
ksho
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Ok...just read the chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 90:
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 12:04   Link #3282
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
I will say this.... this manga makes less and less sense as it goes on. Lol.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 12:17   Link #3283
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post
Ok...just read the chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 90:
Kumagawa may be a Minus, quite possibly the most negative Minus of Class -13, but he must be much stronger than he gives himself credit for.

Which in turn means he's just made Medaka stronger.

Spoiler for Speculation:

Last edited by Last Carpet; 2011-03-14 at 08:32.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 13:33   Link #3284
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Which in turn means he's just made Medaka stronger.

Spoiler for Speculation:
You missunderstood something:

Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 15:18   Link #3285
zeando
maybenotimome
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
meh, nisio is in the unconfirmed list
https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?a...Q&f=true&gid=1

hope he's ok..
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 04:55   Link #3286
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 41
A couple of things that I noticed reading recent chapters...

a)
Spoiler for Chapter 89:


b)
Spoiler for Speculation:
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 10:23   Link #3287
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
"Dark" Medaka again? Seriously, this is starting to be repetitive. And this "true" Kumawaga is boring. I prefer the All-Fiction Kumawaga. He has more life.
noobita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 10:30   Link #3288
shaselai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
is the manga in danger of cancellation? there's alos the other 7-8 minuses to go right so i wouldnt put too much into this fight...
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 16:55   Link #3289
zeando
maybenotimome
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
is the manga in danger of cancellation? there's alos the other 7-8 minuses to go right so i wouldnt put too much into this fight...
don't looks like it

Issue #16:
One Piece (Cover)(Lead Color Page)
Gintama
Naruto
Sket Dance
Dois Sol
Toriko (Cover)(Color Page)
Sengoku Armors (23 pages)
Bakuman (Color Page)
Beelzebub
Bleach
Magico
Meruhen Ouji Grim a.k.a Prince of Fairy Tale "Grim"
Enigma
Inumaru Dashi
Kuroko no Basket
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!
Kochikame
Nurarihyon no Mago
Medaka Box
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami

Issue #17:
Cover, Lead CP: Toriko
CP: Nurarihyon no Mago, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! & Crossover Toriko x One Piece
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 05:59   Link #3290
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
"Dark" Medaka again? Seriously, this is starting to be repetitive. And this "true" Kumawaga is boring. I prefer the All-Fiction Kumawaga. He has more life.
Personally I like it. It's a new kind of "Dark"

Perses Mode was used against Kumagawa in Middle School. She just goes apeshit and attacks without considering the situation until after she calms down. Which is what left her emotionally scarred when she realized that she didn't help him at all.

(Which is what looks like might happen again)

Mars Mode is when she gains all the strength from Perses Mode, and uses the Abnormalities she amassed from the 13 Party, but can keep control of her emotions and her sense.

This is different. She's got Kumagawa's physical strength, skills, mental and psychological capacity. She essentially has Kumagawa's essence with her body and personality behind it. But I still don't understand what this is going to do.
How exactly is defeating Kumagawa with his own strength going to reform him?

If anything it'll just make him realize that he is strong enough to defeat Medaka. Which in turn won't mean anything if Medaka beats him, or kills him since he no longer has "All-Fiction" to reject his death. I figure at some point she'll have to realize that she's forgotten that she originally wanted to make him happy.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 06:34   Link #3291
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Personally I like it. It's a new kind of "Dark"

Perses Mode was used against Kumagawa in Middle School. She just goes apeshit and attacks without considering the situation until after she calms down. Which is what left her emotionally scarred when she realized that she didn't help him at all.

(Which is what looks like might happen again)

Mars Mode is when she gains all the strength from Perses Mode, and uses the Abnormalities she amassed from the 13 Party, but can keep control of her emotions and her sense.

This is different. She's got Kumagawa's physical strength, skills, mental and psychological capacity. She essentially has Kumagawa's essence with her body and personality behind it. But I still don't understand what this is going to do.
How exactly is defeating Kumagawa with his own strength going to reform him?

If anything it'll just make him realize that he is strong enough to defeat Medaka. Which in turn won't mean anything if Medaka beats him, or kills him since he no longer has "All-Fiction" to reject his death. I figure at some point she'll have to realize that she's forgotten that she originally wanted to make him happy.
Well his reason for wanting his old minus back was to beat the plusses and be the shounen underdog that clawed his way to victory through endurance and determination. Instead he's going to see Medaka do the same thing to him instead. Maybe like you said it will make him realized that he wasn't quite as weak and an underdog as he thought.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 08:39   Link #3292
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Maybe like you said it will make him realized that he wasn't quite as weak and an underdog as he thought.
Yeah, but I don't think solving the whole problem is that simple. Making him realize that's he's strong probably won't change his mind. It probably won't make him step down or disband Class -13. And no matter how strong he is, Medaka doesn't lose. Maybe Medaka will succeed to some extent in making him happy, by making him realize that he's not weak.

But I don't think that'll stop him or Class -13 cold. The other Minuses have yet to arrive and "That Child" hasn't shown up yet. She might help Kumagawa, but save him....that remains to be seen. We just have to wait and see how their fight plays out.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 12:34   Link #3293
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
The fact that Medaka doesn't lose definitely takes something away from her fights. It's like watching a pro-wrestling match where you've been told who will win. If she manages to change Kumagawa, I really don't see where it's going to go after this. Unless she herself turns evil or something and Zen has to stop her. I really don't want to see Kumagawa convert like everyone else. It's boring.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:29   Link #3294
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The fact that Medaka doesn't lose definitely takes something away from her fights. It's like watching a pro-wrestling match where you've been told who will win.
Uh... welcome to Jump, shounen and anime/manga as a whole?

*goes off to complain about why there's so many romances in shoujo mangas... I don't get it!*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 19:06   Link #3295
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Uh... welcome to Jump, shounen and anime/manga as a whole?

*goes off to complain about why there's so many romances in shoujo mangas... I don't get it!*
Which is why I think the manga is far more enjoyable when she's not in the picture, (ie, pretty much the entire Minus arc so far).
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 19:56   Link #3296
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Uh... welcome to Jump, shounen and anime/manga as a whole?

*goes off to complain about why there's so many romances in shoujo mangas... I don't get it!*
Oh, I know. It's why I don't read many action mangas (and avoid most shounen jump in general). Too predictable and drawn out for my tastes. But at least most mangas don't tell you straight out the lead is perfect and can't lose.

It's why I root for the underdogs. At least their fights are interesting and it's nice to see that they give their all even if they don't have a chance of winning.
__________________

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-03-18 at 20:14.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 23:50   Link #3297
Iron21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Spoiler for 91 eh!!!:
__________________

Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 02:33   Link #3298
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Spoiler for 91 eh!!!:
Spoiler:
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 05:39   Link #3299
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Spoiler for 91 eh!!!:
Spoiler for Spoiler:


Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 06:35   Link #3300
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post


Spoiler for Spoiler:
This is something a lot of us want to see. How Medaka would react and respond without her emotional crutch. Zenkichi said he'd protect her from emotional harm, from people like Misogi. If she defeats Misogi here without absorbing his "Bookmaker", she'll have proved that she doesn't need him to protect her because she can do it on her own.

If he loses his way, and willingly turns evil, who would blame him? He's more attuned to the mentality of a Minus anyway. Shiranui, Mukae, even Misogi in his own fucked up way likes Zenkichi. If he joins, he may end up helping them, reforming them like he did Mukae and Shiranui.

I can't read the untranslated comic, but I don't think that just beating Misogi is going to reform him. Isn't that just what she did in Middle School? If it didn't work then, why would it work now? I seriously doubt the comic is over with all the loose ends and possibilities left.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.