AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-26, 04:40   Link #321
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Spoiler for response for CH12:
Well she gets jealousy fits whenever Zenkichi is around Shiranui.

She has the bod and everything as she shows off for Zenkichi.

Problem is if he turns out to be lolicon.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 06:40   Link #322
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well she gets jealousy fits whenever Zenkichi is around Shiranui.
That's what I'm thinking. Should've had Shiranui "borrow" Zenkichi from Medaka for at least a day, and do stuff - all within Medaka's line of sight.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 11:53   Link #323
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Spoiler for response for CH12:
I have too agree with you there Soul Assassin, I also think someone who is almost or equal too Medaka should fall in love with Zenkichi and be quite open with it.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:03   Link #324
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well she gets jealousy fits whenever Zenkichi is around Shiranui.

She has the bod and everything as she shows off for Zenkichi.

Problem is if he turns out to be lolicon.
Actually, I just batched from 1-11 and found that its hard to determine if she is really getting jealous from them being together. Seemed like she was just uneasy because he was begging Shiranui to help him solve her problems... Is Medaka tsundere? Maybe... Is she possessive slave driver? Differentially.

At the end of the day, I don't see how Shiranui can be her rival and be the one to bring out her real jealousy. She differentially need to have someone to match her abilities.
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 17:46   Link #325
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
new girl: "do you two like money more or me"
them: "You!"

The doujin ppl are going to have a field day with this one.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:26   Link #326
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Actually, I just batched from 1-11 and found that its hard to determine if she is really getting jealous from them being together. Seemed like she was just uneasy because he was begging Shiranui to help him solve her problems... Is Medaka tsundere? Maybe... Is she possessive slave driver? Differentially.

At the end of the day, I don't see how Shiranui can be her rival and be the one to bring out her real jealousy. She differentially need to have someone to match her abilities.
The dog chapter makes it look the most like genuine jealousy.
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:35   Link #327
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
plus chapter 12 kinda backs up Medaka jelously, she actually hits Zenkichi cause of what he shouted which I totally LOLed at
while not as clear as like the dog chapter you just know she didn't like it

wonder whats to come next!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:52   Link #328
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
LOL at the Treasurer she is on loan and can someone verify that it is $3.00 a day or is it something in Yen?

Once again Shiranui made this chapter a winner. Zenkichi saying that phrase to her and her response was just hilarious.
__________________

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:47   Link #329
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
LOL at the Treasurer she is on loan and can someone verify that it is $3.00 a day or is it something in Yen?

Once again Shiranui made this chapter a winner. Zenkichi saying that phrase to her and her response was just hilarious.
Im guessing its 300 yen a day.

Anyway, Medaka's jealousy is funny. I hope we get more character development, I hope this series doesn't end up being a huge array of pointless side stories like so many animes nowadays.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 23:06   Link #330
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
plus chapter 12 kinda backs up Medaka jelously, she actually hits Zenkichi cause of what he shouted which I totally LOLed at
while not as clear as like the dog chapter you just know she didn't like it

wonder whats to come next!
I think you guys are over analyzing things. Like Chap 11 - Chap 12 uses the same trick to show us Medaka "jealousy", but too me, what she did perfectly fits into her personality and not from her emotions. She merely wanted the team to focus on the task at hand and not screw around during the process. Whereas, in chap 11, she got was merely too frustrated with her weakness and got really unsettled by it.

Sure, jealousy could be the reason, but its too early to be differently that it is. As for me, I would like think that to be the reason. But more importantly, I am starting to feel that when she said she didnt belong to anyone: she REALLY meant it(the pointless kiss would be one good example). She doesn't treat Zenkichi much differentily from anyone else so far, except for being her first pick.
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 23:39   Link #331
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I disagree with Zenkichi is in the same category as everyone else to Medaka. Maybe down the line it will be brought out more and more. If she admitted that, she might lose her god complex...

I for one am glad that this boring arc is over with. Let's throw in that kiss to keep the bored people hooked, or draw in more. It's just me, but that was pretty lame to try and scamper out of the bottom half...

Shiranui has kept me reading this again and again. She's just brilliant in her own seemingly ditzy, but clever ways...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 03:13   Link #332
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I think you guys are over analyzing things. Like Chap 11 - Chap 12 uses the same trick to show us Medaka "jealousy", but too me, what she did perfectly fits into her personality and not from her emotions. She merely wanted the team to focus on the task at hand and not screw around during the process. Whereas, in chap 11, she got was merely too frustrated with her weakness and got really unsettled by it.

Sure, jealousy could be the reason, but its too early to be differently that it is. As for me, I would like think that to be the reason. But more importantly, I am starting to feel that when she said she didnt belong to anyone: she REALLY meant it(the pointless kiss would be one good example). She doesn't treat Zenkichi much differentily from anyone else so far, except for being her first pick.
Then what she mean in oneshot chapter that she want him by her side if he didn't hate her? is it just a Lie? if she want him only to run Student Council, she didn't need to be that audacious over him. Just say:
"I need you to be my henchmen"
that sound more honest, since there is no any feeling in that word.

Further more, there is more capable person in the school than Zenkichi him self. She don't need to hesitating him to join SC if it's just to become an errand boy, except if she is so manipulative enough to use her own child hood friend to do her bidding in the name of Love at the past. If it so, then I'll start to hate her
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 03:57   Link #333
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Spoiler for response for translated chapter 12:


... For some reason I'd prefer Shiranui anytime. Let's just say I'm almost tired of Medaka >_<

Oh please Shiranui do something! For the sake of the ultimate lulz! I mean, do more!
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-07-27 at 05:34.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 04:06   Link #334
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
lol. Yuri kiss just made this manga 50% more interesting.

I admit, when I read the summary, the reason I decided to check this manga out was for the romance potential. But honestly, Medaka and Zenkichi's actual relationship is completely boring to me. Sexual tension? 0%. Emotional connection? 0%. What I thought might be a deep and powerful romance about needing just one thing in the world turns out instead to be some lame dialogue about hard workers and geniuses. Fail.

I'm still reading for the art, and I suppose the decent humour, in the hopes that it'll get more interesting (this chapter was worth it). Gotta admit though, this manga is pretty much bottom tier on the list of the stuff that I'm keeping up with.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 04:15   Link #335
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Well whatever the case is shonen jump readers have started to lose interest early on in this series it's been in the bottom five in rankings for the past three weeks. Good news is that Kuroko and Akaboshi are doing worse so their more likely to get cancelled right now.


Medaka Box
Nurarihyon no Mago
Akaboshi
Kuroko no Basket
To Love-ru

http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump

Edit: Jaguar doesn't really count as ranking since it's a gag manga so it won't get cancelled.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 04:20   Link #336
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Then what she mean in oneshot chapter that she want him by her side if he didn't hate her? is it just a Lie? if she want him only to run Student Council, she didn't need to be that audacious over him. Just say:
"I need you to be my henchmen"
that sound more honest, since there is no any feeling in that word.

Further more, there is more capable person in the school than Zenkichi him self. She don't need to hesitating him to join SC if it's just to become an errand boy, except if she is so manipulative enough to use her own child hood friend to do her bidding in the name of Love at the past. If it so, then I'll start to hate her
Oneshot is not a part of a series, so plot - and relationships - may be different. In oneshot it was obvious that both of them love each other, but in series, so far, only Zenkichi love is confirmed. As previous posters noticed her jealousy may not be caused by her love...
IMHO Medaka does love Zenkichi - in a way. Just her idea of love is deformed, when she said she didnt belong to anyone, she really meant it. She may be a genius, but when it comes to interpersonal relations she is retarded.
Zenkichi and Medaka are childhood friends, she lives alone, he loves her, yet they are not a couple. Why? Most obvious answer is - because Medaka doesn't want to.
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 05:16   Link #337
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Oneshot is not a part of a series, so plot - and relationships - may be different. In oneshot it was obvious that both of them love each other, but in series, so far, only Zenkichi love is confirmed. As previous posters noticed her jealousy may not be caused by her love...
IMHO Medaka does love Zenkichi - in a way. Just her idea of love is deformed, when she said she didnt belong to anyone, she really meant it. She may be a genius, but when it comes to interpersonal relations she is retarded.
Zenkichi and Medaka are childhood friends, she lives alone, he loves her, yet they are not a couple. Why? Most obvious answer is - because Medaka doesn't want to.
True, but if it's different then it's disappointing. I started to read this after look at oneshot and the romance in the last 3 pages make me download all of it once they released in the hope seeing more their relationship.

A mere-guy and a super kanojo, that was interesting couple to me. If the series didn't have what I expected, then I think I'll drop it in the near future and may be some re-read for a fanservice.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 08:20   Link #338
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada, eh?
Medaka can break physics. Neat.

Now that that arc is done I guess they will have one more arc to get the 5th member (probably some filler in between) and then hopefully some story after that. Little bored with it now, just staying on for the pretty pictures and hoping something beyond "SHE IS GOD!" will happen.

The kiss easily bought my attention for the next few chapters at least.
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 09:53   Link #339
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Oneshot is not a part of a series, so plot - and relationships - may be different. In oneshot it was obvious that both of them love each other, but in series, so far, only Zenkichi love is confirmed. As previous posters noticed her jealousy may not be caused by her love...
IMHO Medaka does love Zenkichi - in a way. Just her idea of love is deformed, when she said she didnt belong to anyone, she really meant it. She may be a genius, but when it comes to interpersonal relations she is retarded.
Zenkichi and Medaka are childhood friends, she lives alone, he loves her, yet they are not a couple. Why? Most obvious answer is - because Medaka doesn't want to.
This guy hit the nail on the head. Like in the one-shot, she probably knows how he feels and he probably got rejected in the same way the other guy did. The only reason Zenkichi is her first pick over the others for right now is that he "knows" her better then anyone else.

Quote:
Further more, there is more capable person in the school than Zenkichi him self. She don't need to hesitating him to join SC if it's just to become an errand boy, except if she is so manipulative enough to use her own child hood friend to do her bidding in the name of Love at the past. If it so, then I'll start to hate her
Although manipulative is a harsh word, I would have to say that is what the relationship essentially really is, although not apparent between them as it is with the bishi guy. If you take a step back and look at her "moe" ability, you can see what it for what it really is (go read the love letter chapter for a perfect example).

With that being said, there is still alot of room for Medaka to change and for an actual relationship to develop. That is probably the only reason many people are still reading the manga. Still, after seeing the pointless kiss(other then being a perfect evidence and support to her not belong to anyone statement), the author included in chap 12 to attract the audience, I have even more little hope for the manga.
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 10:07   Link #340
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
This guy hit the nail on the head. Like in the one-shot, she probably knows how he feels and he probably got rejected in the same way the other guy did. The only reason Zenkichi is her first pick over the others for right now is that he "knows" her better then anyone else.
I hope you're wrong, because if you're right that means Zenkichi accepted his role as a member of her harem. I think, he is too proud to be one of many Medaka lovers.
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.