AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 16:55   Link #3521
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
He says at the end of that chapter that he was infact using his Parasite Eyes during their conversation ("what are those tears you're crying from what the hell do you think we are" and "how can you look at people") and realized that Ajimu doesn't even differentiate humans from rocks/the background which sickens him.

But yeah, why he was so defensive towards her is really strange. He was somewhat okay with her back when he died but this time he's totally different. He didn't even react when she told him she gave him the eyes. Not to mention he immediately started using his Parasite Eyes right when he saw her despite what he said back during Chougasaki-Hinokage fight (that he really dislikes using them and doesn't want to use them). He was just plain irrational. Which is really strange for him.
Exactly what I meant, I mean even with Kumagawa don't does this despite all the hatred he had for him and now look how they get along.

Quote:
My guess is what he saw through her eyes is what really freaked him out. To the point that he would act that weirdly
is definitely a possibility but there must be something more than what he saw with parasite eyes.
For this reason I hope the next chapter will give us some more information especially seeing how Najima and Zen itself behaves in ch 94 and 95.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 17:16   Link #3522
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

So Medaka is stronger than everyone...because she's the main character. XD

Wow, that's hilarious. She literally has plot armor.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 17:59   Link #3523
Shadow5YA

Haha, oh wow. Nisio takes another stab at Shounen Jump.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 23:58   Link #3524
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Spoiler for 95:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 02:08   Link #3525
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for 95:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-04-26, 04:38   Link #3526
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
It looks like Zenkichi used his Abnormality when he was interviewing his successor. You think maybe he saw her deception through her eyes with Parasite Seeing?

Probably not, I'm not sure it works like that. It probably doesn't.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 05:32   Link #3527
Soji

Last Carpet@I honestly think that he saw her deception through her eyes with Parasite Seeing.
Of course I may be wrong since Zen was fairly calm after using those eyes, but after the reaction of the girl I think that Zen has seen and understood more than she expected.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Edit:I'm not sure how true it is because I can not confirm the end of ch 95, but .....
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-04-27 at 09:37.
Old 2011-04-27, 20:37   Link #3528
Last Carpet

Since its Goldenweek does that mean there won't be an update this week?
Old 2011-04-27, 21:06   Link #3529
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Since its Goldenweek does that mean there won't be an update this week?
Golden week starts next week, well as far as it concerns the Weekly Shonen Jump. There's no issue next week. However most of your neighborhood friendly manga scanlators get their weekly raws absurdly early (almost a week early) so there will be no releases for them this week. For all other normal people (like the nice scanlators of Medaka Box), there will be a release this week. (Chapter 94 was just released since we were a week behind).

However, there won't be an update next week. Don't be confused, because those other groups that get their raws early will probably release next week. Or we could just be late again and release next week anyway.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 22:02   Link #3530
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Good morning minor characters
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:37   Link #3531
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

I love how Kumagawa addressed them haha.

I also love Ajimu's plan. She is as crafty as they come and she was already several steps ahead of the student council it seems. She will just out wait Medaka and corrupt whoever her successor is. I wonder if standing ovation is just going to make parasite seeing useless or if it will do so to other abilities as well?

I like where this is going and I wonder what kind of skills Ajimu's plant has.
Old 2011-04-28, 03:11   Link #3532
Soji

Read ch 94, very interesting.
Anyway, Im the only one to think that is really strange how Zen reacts every time that Najima appear?
Seriously even with Kumagawa(that he hate) he dont was like that, I know he hate how Najima seeing people but it is just that?
It is too strong reaction from someone like Zen.
One other thing, I'm the only one who saw what Najima told Zen as a challenge?( I mean of parasite eyes and the technique used to block the effect of parasite eyes)
What is the interest of which she talking about?
Another interesting thing Najima always appears when Medaka is not present.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-04-28 at 04:09.
Old 2011-04-28, 08:17   Link #3533
Last Carpet

Good morning minor characters, they're really milking this "not a manga" shtick for all they can.

I thought all five girls were Minus, but we don't know where they stand. Except for one, we know one of them is a "Not Equal", but which one?

Ajimu doesn't seem to be the least bit interested in Medaka, which frankly I approve of. But what's her deal with Zenkichi. Crying in joy of him and Misogi making up, appearing on his shoulders. It looks like this arc will be Zenkichi-centric, which I'm hoping for, but I can't say for sure just yet.
Old 2011-04-28, 08:43   Link #3534
Soji

You know I've just been thinking but what if Najimi oblige Zen(somehow) to use parasite eyes against medaka ?
I wonder what would be Zen reaction after such a thing , and of course Medaka reaction as well , if Zen decides to leave her side after what he saw.
Old 2011-04-28, 09:09   Link #3535
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
You know I've just been thinking but what if Najimi oblige Zen(somehow) to use parasite eyes against medaka ?
I wonder what would be Zen reaction after such a thing , and of course Medaka reaction as well , if Zen decides to leave her side after what he saw.
Wait why would Zenkichi leave again? Medaka is hardly a deep scheming character. She's pretty simple. I mean most her ideals are simply off shoots of his own. Sure he doesn't agree with all the off shoots but he's still stood by her all this time, despite knowing her better than anyone. It would seem moronic on his part to simply ditch her when he see's what's in her mind now, when he's more than likely pieced it all together a long time ago.

I doubt Zenkichi would ever join Ajimu because of what she said, I mean the guys the least trusting guy in the manga (at least to people he doesn't like) and he hate's Ajimu, probably more than he did kumagawa.

If he were to leave Medaka it would mostly likely be because of a current event that he believes that being by Medaka wouldn't be the best course of action, that or being brainwashed.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-04-28 at 09:21.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 09:25   Link #3536
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Wait why would Zenkichi leave again? Medaka is hardly a deep scheming character. She's pretty simple. I mean most her ideals are simply off shoots of his own. Sure he doesn't agree with all the off shoots but he's still stood by her all this time, despite knowing her better than anyone.
This is true ... but what I meant is if Zen see something that make him snap out.
If you think we do not know what she really think Medaka we've never seen what runs in her head except when she became Medaka 2 thas't was the only time we saw what she thought. I'm not saying that she is like Najim, but we cant deny the possibility that deep down has something that could bother Zen and Parasite Eyes show everything.
And unlike Najimi Medaka not has a technique to block Parasite eyes.
Of course I know that will not happen but it would be interesting to see what happens if Zen used them against medaka.

Quote:
I doubt Zenkichi would ever join Ajimu because of what she said, I mean the guys the least trusting guy in the manga (at least to people he doesn't like) and he hate's Ajimu, probably more than he did kumagawa.
did not mean that he would join her in this situation but a more neutral role, or solitary role. As for the hatred that he have towar her , you know I'm not so sure that Zen hate her ,he certainly hate how Najimi seeing people , but we missing something to say that he hates her more than Kumagawa.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-04-28 at 09:36.
Old 2011-04-28, 09:53   Link #3537
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
This is true ... but what I meant is if Zen see something that make him snap out.
If you think we do not know what she really think Medaka we've never seen what runs in her head except when she became Medaka 2 thas't was the only time we saw what she thought. I'm not saying that she is like Najim, but we cant deny the possibility that deep down has something that could bother Zen and Parasite Eyes show everything.
And unlike Najim Medaka not has a technique to block Parasite eyes.
Of course I know that will not happen but it would be interesting to see what happens if Zen used them against medaka.
While this maybe true the whole Medaka stating I know your deepest desires best of all when talking about Kumagawa joining pretty much showed how well they knew each other. I'm pretty sure Zenkichi also knows Medaka's deepest desires.

Medaka was and is very much a blank slate which is why she copies other people even their mannerisms as shown in the begining of the manga. After she took on Zenkichi's ideal, her character traits, personality etc all evolved from it. So at their core their base ideal is the same. I just find it hard that Zenkichi would turn his back on something that is essentially his belief.

TBF Zenkichi is the perfect middle ground between Medaka and Ajimu. Ajimu considers all humans to be trash whereas Medaka considers all humans to be wannabe saints who have lost their way. Zenkichi wants to believe that all humans are wannabe saints, but he's a realist and a pragmatist and believes that as actions dictate some humans are far from wannabe saints. Of course you would think that because of this Aijmu would be able to twist him, but he hates her so much, that he wouldn't trust a word she says, hence why his instant response is parasite seeing.

Quote:
did not mean that he would join her in this situation but a more neutral role, or solitary role. As for the hatred that he have towar her , you know I'm not so sure that Zen hate her ,he certainly hate how Najimi seeing people , but we missing something to say that he hates her more than Kumagawa.
I thought it was pretty heavily hinted that he dislikes her more than kumagawa. Zenkichi understood Kumagawa which is why he hated kumagawa in the first place, but he knew kumagawa never hated humans he just hated how the world screwed him over and people like him. He sympathized with him, he just knew that kumagawa was far too twisted to have around.

Ajimu on the other hand see's humans as nothing but trash, considering Medaka's entire belief that she was born to make people happy comes from him, the guy obvious greatly believes in the worth of humans, and their right to be happy if they want to be. Hence why she digusted him so when he looked at her through parasite seeing.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-04-28 at 10:33.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:48   Link #3538
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Medaka was and is very much a blank slate which is why she copies other people even their mannerisms as shown in the begining of the manga. After she took on Zenkichi's ideal, her character traits, personality etc all evolved from it. So at their core their base ideal is the same. I just find it hard that Zenkichi would turn his back on something that is essentially his belief.
This you have said is all true but what I thought it was not something about this but rather something that would hurt his feelings, such as finding out what she really thinks of him.
I do not deny Medaka care a lot of Zen and we show this more than once, but I wonder if she have the same feelings that Zen have towards her?

Quote:
TBF Zenkichi is the perfect middle ground between Medaka and Ajimu. Ajimu considers all humans to be trash whereas Medaka considers all humans to be wannabe saints who have lost their way. Zenkichi wants to believe that all humans are wannabe saints, but he's a realist and a pragmatist and believes that as actions dictate some humans are far from wannabe saints.
This is an interesting way to see them.
But with this you meant that Zen is the balance of the two godly like girls ?

Quote:
I thought it was pretty heavily hinted that he dislikes her more than kumagawa. Zenkichi understood Kumagawa which is why he hated kumagawa in the first place, but he knew kumagawa never hated humans he just hated how the world screwed him over and people like him. He sympathized with him, he just knew that kumagawa was far too twisted to have around.

Ajimu on the other hand see's humans as nothing but trash, considering Medaka's entire belief that she was born to make people happy comes from him, the guy obvious greatly believes in the worth of humans, and their right to be happy if they want to be. Hence why she digusted him so when he looked at her through parasite seeing.
I understand what you meant. It's just I still thinking there is something missing in this whole situation.
But at the same time makes me curious to see how this arc will develop.
One thing that I do not know is ,if Ajimu blocks Zen's parasite eyes with that n other technique not was much easier to just remove parasite eyes from Zen?
Why continue to leave them to him?,
Or these interests that she said are so interesting for her to wait?
Another thing I find ironic is that Zen continues to use/keep those eyes even though he knows that they belonge to Ajimu.
Old 2011-04-28, 11:36   Link #3539
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
This is an interesting way to see them.
But with this you meant that Zen is the balance of the two godly like girls ?

I wasn't talking about their abilities or anything close to that, I was talking about personality and beliefs. Medaka took Zenkichi's ideal and went to the absolute extreme of it. She's competely idealistic and not really all that practical with her beliefs. Ajimu is the exact opposite, she's lived for hundreds of years and so would understand "mankind" better than anyone. Somewhere along the line her view of humans skewered to something akin to trash and eventually she simply stopped caring about them.

Zenkichi is the mid-point. He still holds his idealistic ideas, he's just started to look at them realistically and accepts humans for what they are, which is why he can seemingly make friends with anyone he wants to.
Old 2011-04-28, 11:54   Link #3540
Soji

^Sorry I have not explained well what i meant with balance to the two girls I was think in personality and not powers.
And frankly after having re-read this part I wonder if Zen can do with Ajimu what Medaka said here.
Spoiler for space:

But of course, to do something like this or as it did with Mukea he must first want to do it and like you said I do not see it happening so easier especially with the current interaction that the two have.
I wonder if the memories he forget about her during the middle school will play a role in this of course if sooner or later he remembered that time.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-04-28 at 12:19.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council