AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-17, 21:57   Link #3721
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i'm pretty sure he'll have the same friggin face as his little sister.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 04:49   Link #3722
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
I must say I'm tired of trying to understand what face Haten have, so I just wait him decide to show us his face.
Spoiler for ch 102:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-06-18 at 05:18.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 18:31   Link #3723
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Puh, finally Im done with chapter 98... Just to find out that the next chapter are just talk, talk, talk, too...

Why did I agree to translate this manga! Im such an idiot!

(Obligatory Madoka Reference)
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 04:34   Link #3724
summers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Puh, finally Im done with chapter 98... Just to find out that the next chapter are just talk, talk, talk, too...

Why did I agree to translate this manga! Im such an idiot!

(Obligatory Madoka Reference)
You agreed because you are one of the few who can and one of the few that realize what a fucking awesome manga this is.
Keep up the good work. Hopefully you can spew them out faster so that we can catch up, we are at spoiler 102 now and I have not read 98 yet.

I wish medaka box was more popular, the powers are awesome. Powers based of personalities? that awesome.
I dare someone to find a powers that opens old wounds. Thats original, more original that the same old "I can use elements and energy blasts" crap that we see.

Who remembers those people who kept talking about how the manga was going to get cancelled? In their face!

My only complaint is that the author needs to make me feel whats going on is important.
I think its a interesting plot with the flask plan and the relief attendant saying that she not going to fight and that the 5 normal girls are not bad guys.
But a chapter needs to spent explaining why this flask plan is so horrible, because I forgot.

To sum it up. Character plot is great. story plot, needs some work.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 05:18   Link #3725
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
You agreed because you are one of the few who can and one of the few that realize what a fucking awesome manga this is.
Keep up the good work. Hopefully you can spew them out faster so that we can catch up, we are at spoiler 102 now and I have not read 98 yet.

I wish medaka box was more popular, the powers are awesome. Powers based of personalities? that awesome.
I dare someone to find a powers that opens old wounds. Thats original, more original that the same old "I can use elements and energy blasts" crap that we see.

Who remembers those people who kept talking about how the manga was going to get cancelled? In their face!
I agree totally with you here

Quote:
But a chapter needs to spent explaining why this flask plan is so horrible, because I forgot.
Strange to me it seems all too clear why the flash plan is horrible and if you think about it you to will understand easily why it's horrible.
The flash plan wants to create the perfect human being which means that that person will know how to do everything.
If you think it is a scary thought, I mean if someone knows how to do everything and knows everything thas means that he/her know also how explain feelings whic mean he/her can as well explain the sadness and the pain and not care anymore about that and at the same time this also applies for the most beautiful feelings like happiness, love and fun.
If anyone knows how to do everything he/her does not need to learn anything ,if one knows everything it no needs to interact with others, if no one knows everything he/her dont have to strive to do anything because he/her is able to complete everything easily.
If anyone knows and can do so easily everything thas means that he/her cant enjoy to do anything.
I hope this clarify why this Najimi idea is so horrible . Do not misunderstand I know she has good intentions but those intentions will turned against her as some point.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 15:44   Link #3726
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
But a chapter needs to spent explaining why this flask plan is so horrible, because I forgot.
Haha, I know what you mean.

IIRC, Medaka didn't like the flask plan because it would use the school's students like guinea pigs. If there's other stuff then I forgot it too.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 05:59   Link #3727
Antiscian
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Strange to me it seems all too clear why the flash plan is horrible and if you think about it you to will understand easily why it's horrible.
The flash plan wants to create the perfect human being which means that that person will know how to do everything.
If you think it is a scary thought, I mean if someone knows how to do everything and knows everything thas means that he/her know also how explain feelings whic mean he/her can as well explain the sadness and the pain and not care anymore about that and at the same time this also applies for the most beautiful feelings like happiness, love and fun.
If anyone knows how to do everything he/her does not need to learn anything ,if one knows everything it no needs to interact with others, if no one knows everything he/her dont have to strive to do anything because he/her is able to complete everything easily.
If anyone knows and can do so easily everything thas means that he/her cant enjoy to do anything.
I hope this clarify why this Najimi idea is so horrible . Do not misunderstand I know she has good intentions but those intentions will turned against her as some point.

Good intentions? Does she really?
The impression I got from the end of her talk in chapter 88 was that she wanted to perfect people because she couldn't bring herself to tolerate the current state that mankind was in.
"Happiness and sorrow; they're really all the same."
To her, the fact that people would stop caring about things like that is probably a good thing.


One of the great ironies I appreciate in Medaka Box is the fact that Medaka is well on her way to being 'the perfect human' already, but she refuses to accept the fact. I think more than any blatant display of the dangers, the dissonance that Nisio's created between Medaka her allies as a result of this skill gap shows better than anything the consequences of the Flask Plan's ideal, and we're left to judge that ourself.
Antiscian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 06:42   Link #3728
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiscian View Post
Good intentions? Does she really?
The impression I got from the end of her talk in chapter 88 was that she wanted to perfect people because she couldn't bring herself to tolerate the current state that mankind was in.
"Happiness and sorrow; they're really all the same."
To her, the fact that people would stop caring about things like that is probably a good thing.


One of the great ironies I appreciate in Medaka Box is the fact that Medaka is well on her way to being 'the perfect human' already, but she refuses to accept the fact. I think more than any blatant display of the dangers, the dissonance that Nisio's created between Medaka her allies as a result of this skill gap shows better than anything the consequences of the Flask Plan's ideal, and we're left to judge that ourself.
Good intentions to how her head work, Najimi intentions are good a least for her stand poin of view.obvious for ordinary people and as well Zen she is totally crazy .
Just think as Zen reaction the first time he was able to use parasite eyes against her .
Honestly, I wish Zen could develop parasite eyes like Kumagawa did it with the minus that he development in All fiction.
And I would like he develop them in a way that not only he sees the vision of the target (and how they see the world) but even their past experiences / memories or things that they themselves deny at the point that they are forgotten them.
And I would like that he use them, especially against Najimi and Medaka.
Too bad that probably will never happen.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 07:14   Link #3729
Antiscian
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Honestly, I wish Zen could develop parasite eyes like Kumagawa did it with the minus that he development in All fiction.
And I would like he develop them in a way that not only he sees the vision of the target (and how they see the world) but even their past experiences / memories or things that they themselves deny at the point that they are forgotten them.
And I would like that he use them, especially against Najimi and Medaka.
Too bad that probably will never happen.

Wouldn't that somewhat cripple the philosophy of his character?
He's said that he regrets losing his image of 'a normal guy who manages to keep up through determination and effort' and turning into 'the guy who solves things with parasite seeing'.
If he actively puts effort into developing them, then the readers will start to get the feeling that 'in the end, normals have absolutely no place in something like this'. He represents the everyman that has to stand beside genius, and was shown to quite resent the fact that he's almost being swallowed up in the shadow of his new ability.
Antiscian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 07:44   Link #3730
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiscian View Post
Wouldn't that somewhat cripple the philosophy of his character?
He's said that he regrets losing his image of 'a normal guy who manages to keep up through determination and effort' and turning into 'the guy who solves things with parasite seeing'.
If he actively puts effort into developing them, then the readers will start to get the feeling that 'in the end, normals have absolutely no place in something like this'. He represents the everyman that has to stand beside genius, and was shown to quite resent the fact that he's almost being swallowed up in the shadow of his new ability.
True, but I did not think of anything definitive, but just something he needs to solve the current problem.
Honestly even if medaka fought and won against Najimi,you think that Najimi will renounce her plan? Honestly, I highly doubt it, Zen could also try to understand it as he normally did but I doubt will work,beacuse Najimi seem one that like to lie often .
So I thought that the only reason to resolve the situation was to understand what make her to create the flash plan in addition to what make her have this thought about people and what better way to experience it first hand?
And a very important thing that seems that Zen itself have misunderstood , it is true that parasite eyes make him see how people see the world but this are just information if a person is not good to understand people ,this information would be pointless. In a few words I meant only a temporary skills for this arc to help him better understand the current situation ,but do the rest as his always do .
A little more detailed version of what happened with Mukea.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 11:05   Link #3731
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I don't personally think Zenkichi's philosophy is actually crippled at all by not being normal. Achieving things while still being normal is in itself pretty worthless. Going from weak abnormal or special to at or above Medaka level is equally impressive. Everyone has advantages/disadvantages. While I myself would simply consider myself normal under societies circumstance I still have fairly large advantages over other people. I'm born with fully functioning sight, fully working legs etc. These are natural advantages lots of people have over various others and there's hundreds of these things. It's the same with normals, minuses and abnormals just to a more extreme degree. I personally intrepret Zenkichi's philosophy is less about doing abnormal things while being normal, and more about surpassing your natural limits that you were born with and had no control over through hardwork and determinations and deciding for yourself what your limits are.

Your innate ability is only a part of who you are, your personality and beliefs are what define you.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-06-21 at 11:18.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 14:13   Link #3732
Antiscian
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Upon thinking it over, that's a much better interpretation than mine, especially with the very close tie between personality and ability in the manga.
Still, though, I feel that at heart, Parasite Seeing is a very un-Zenkichi-like thing to have.

Even though, as you said, it's not all about doing abnormal things while being normal, there was very much a charm to the fact he was the only normal in the student council, and he had to work hard to prove his worth there. But now that he's been given more of a natural advantage, he could allow himself to rely on his new abnormality, which he didn't really earn in any way, and would need to work less hard as a result.
Plus, it does distance him from the readers slightly: all his actions before managed to very barely remain within our suspension of disbelief (running up walls was 'normalish' because most of class 13 could do it with their eyes closed), but now that he has a unique ability that bends reality, there's a sense that 'no matter how much some other normal guy tried now, there are some things that Zenkichi can do with parasite seeing that another normal would never be able to achieve'.
I must admit there's a possibility it could happen with Nisio justifying it in a strange way, but I think it's unlikely. I almost feel like Ajimu gave him parasite seeing with the intent to undermine his character.


And Soji, the feeling I have regarding Ajimu, especially knowing some of Nisio's other works, is that she's the type where, even if you understood how she thought, you'd realise that she just values things so differently that you'd never be able to come to a normal agreement.
Unless, of course, Medaka talks to her and we just get out of it that way, since the whole point of Medaka is that she can make the power of friendship work against any sort of sense.
The only character I can think of that's properly escaped Medaka's influence is Unzen, and I'm not quite sure what notion that points to.
Antiscian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 14:47   Link #3733
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Honestly, I wish Zen could develop parasite eyes like Kumagawa did it with the minus that he development in All fiction.
And I would like he develop them in a way that not only he sees the vision of the target (and how they see the world) but even their past experiences / memories or things that they themselves deny at the point that they are forgotten them.
And I would like that he use them, especially against Najimi and Medaka.
Too bad that probably will never happen.
I hope it happens too.

I figured that's why he got Yojirou as an intern, so he could see just how she sees the world. Maybe there is some growth and development to be had in partnering with the girl who lives entirely in a fantasy world.

We'll just have to wait and see then.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 16:15   Link #3734
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiscian View Post
Upon thinking it over, that's a much better interpretation than mine, especially with the very close tie between personality and ability in the manga.
Still, though, I feel that at heart, Parasite Seeing is a very un-Zenkichi-like thing to have.
I agree with you that his interpretation is very comprehensive, about Zen and Parasite eyes I know why you say this, but frankly I think they are very similar the only thing is ,that seems to be spying on people's minds using them and that's what Zen hate . (and he himself said that).
Thinking about it,I wonder if without the help of parasite eyes he would have been able to reform Muke as he could with their help.

Quote:
I almost feel like Ajimu gave him parasite seeing with the intent to undermine his character.
I honestly do not think this is the reason,but for another reason..but for now we do not know what is the real reason for why she gave them to him, but I'm sure there's more (and of course the interests of which she spoke ).
But I suppose for to know the real reason for why she give parasite eyes to him and to know what these interests are,we must wait for the manga itself to give us the answers.

Quote:
And Soji, the feeling I have regarding Ajimu, especially knowing some of Nisio's other works, is that she's the type where, even if you understood how she thought, you'd realise that she just values things so differently that you'd never be able to come to a normal agreement.
Unless, of course, Medaka talks to her and we just get out of it that way, since the whole point of Medaka is that she can make the power of friendship work against any sort of sense.
The only character I can think of that's properly escaped Medaka's influence is Unzen, and I'm not quite sure what notion that points to.
Unfortunately I can not make comparisons with other Nisio's works Medaka box is the first that I read made by him ... so I have to trust about what you say.
But I doubt that Medaka can reform Najimi onestly what I think might happen later in this arc is that Zen is the one that change her mind after all we've seen more than once that Zen has more ability to do this that Medaka herself.
We saw this with Muekea and Munakata not to mention that Zen is a friend with Hansode which is a minus to Kumagawa lv.
Honestly I think that where Medaka others will intervene is against Haten .

And Last Carpet, I agree with you there, truly what you said is one of the reasons why I created this post that you quoted.
But as you yourself have said we must just wait and see what happens in the next few ch.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 06:03   Link #3735
Alpha Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
This week Medaka Box is 8th.

*maniacal laughter*
Alpha Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 08:23   Link #3736
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I think Zenkichi's main problem with his abnormality outside of peeping on peoples minds is that he considers it a cheap short cut that undermines hard work, making it worthless. While this is true in a way it's a far too narrow minded a view. Rather than considering it an unfair short cut to beyond human capabilities, he should rather sets his sight even farther than he did before. Rather than simply equalling abnormals with hardwork, he should attempt to surpass them with his hardwork. Prove that regardless of your natural limits you can always strive higher through hard work.

If previous scenarios mean nothing, you should attempt to surpass them and forge your own.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 09:02   Link #3737
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I think Zenkichi's main problem with his abnormality outside of peeping on peoples minds is that he considers it a cheap short cut that undermines hard work, making it worthless. While this is true in a way it's a far too narrow minded a view. Rather than considering it an unfair short cut to beyond human capabilities, he should rather sets his sight even farther than he did before. Rather than simply equalling abnormals with hardwork, he should attempt to surpass them with his hardwork. Prove that regardless of your natural limits you can always strive higher through hard work.

If previous scenarios mean nothing, you should attempt to surpass them and forge your own.
I agree, and I must say I'm curious to see how the next ch continue.
I hope Zen realizes what you said and do like you said.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 08:55   Link #3738
Inarius
★★★★★
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Heaven
Age: 28
ch 103 is out

Spoiler:
__________________
Inarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 11:33   Link #3739
Last Carpet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Spoiler for ch 103:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 13:13   Link #3740
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Way too many new characters...

My mind was blown when I saw the first page of 103.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.